PDA

View Full Version : So, since theres no update(rant here)

RedRaz0r
Jul 22, 2008, 09:00 PM
What is everyone going to do now? Since the 31st is indeed a thursday, I'm giving PSU until then before I cancel my subscription. If you are a SEGAC employee and reading this, this is your final chance. What are your opinions on this let down?

EDIT: by rant, i dont actually mean this is a rant, so please dont move. Thank you.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well not to be rude or anything but i think they can careless just bcuz one person leaves....if you leave.....they will get $10 from about 3 maybe even more people............. and bsides....ur still forgetin the 25th.....something can still happen then.....and if not.....then u can either take the easy way out n quit.....or...........you can just b patient and do other things until then..... i know when soul calibur IV comes out,if they dont have an a event or some new mission then i will be playing that

Alastor_Haven
Jul 22, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hmmmm

Friday yet?

xjustsumloser
Jul 22, 2008, 09:20 PM
I myself have already canceled along with the rest of my friends once MAG was delayed again. But for a lot of the users this week is the last straw before they cancel. As MAG was said to happen before the end of this month, and if they miss it this week a LOT of people will be jumping off this sinking ship.

Syl
Jul 22, 2008, 09:22 PM
Could care less at this point really, I'll keep playing :???:

SuperRygar
Jul 22, 2008, 09:23 PM
geez, you people quitting must be single. you have commitment issues. cancel your subscription and come back in a month or 2, otherwise stop whining.

yea, like a sega employee will come save you

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2008, 09:26 PM
I myself have already canceled along with the rest of my friends once MAG was delayed again. But for a lot of the users this week is the last straw before they cancel. As MAG was said to happen before the end of this month, and if they miss it this week a LOT of people will be jumping off this sinking ship.

hmmmm i can understand that
ive only been playing since winter event of last year so im not that mad bout it as everyone else is. Lol things in my life i care bout more gets delayed n i dont go around quttin stuff but hey we're humans we all take things in different perspectives............

Big B
Jul 22, 2008, 09:42 PM
Ummmmm What do you mean there could still be an update it hasn't been announced yet. They did announce that SEGA's internet service provider is doing maitnence and that may cuase psu to get flaky but a statement about an update has not been made yet.....

Directly from official site: Chillauras post
Just got an update about this, this is not PSU maintenance but our ISP is doing maintenance tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AM. I am told that users may experience disconnections or be unable to connect for about 15-30 minutes during this time.

-Chill

Randomness
Jul 22, 2008, 09:49 PM
The JP 360 site lists updates on Tuesdays. So if nothings listed...

Anduril
Jul 22, 2008, 09:52 PM

There have been occasions when nothing has shown up on the JP 360 site until Thursday, but I'm not sure if that is the case here.

McLaughlin
Jul 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
Wrong forum for a Rant. You may wish to change the thread title before the posts it attracts get it moved.

Big B
Jul 22, 2008, 09:58 PM
Its someones birfday at the office and they forgot cuz of all the caek

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2008, 10:01 PM
All this talk about quitting PSU all over the forum has reminded me of a very horrible detail to have forgotten.

For almost a year and a half my PSU 360 subscription has continued to drain away at my bank account. Boy do I feel retarded. I dropped the 360 version the same week I bought it, but never quite got around to canceling that subscription.

Oh well, it's finally canceled. Which is a good thing, because even remembering it was still a drain on my funds, and if I decided to fire PSU up again on my 360, it would never work because my Xbox 360 is currently battling Terrorism in Iraq with my older brother.

Oh man, i'm gonna have to buy a new one for Gears of War 2, FFXIII, all the good stuff... :(

Omega_Weltall
Jul 22, 2008, 10:47 PM
i'll just join the JP servers. hey, one way to learn a language is to be completely immersed in it.

Para
Jul 22, 2008, 11:08 PM
Just wait until its fully confirmed that we have no update D:

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2008, 11:22 PM
Just wait until its fully confirmed that we have no update D:

well if thats the case
i will go do what i do on the weekend anyway.....go chill with friends..go on dates here n there ^_^

RedRaz0r
Jul 22, 2008, 11:30 PM
Well not to be rude or anything but i think they can careless just bcuz one person leaves....if you leave.....they will get $10 from about 3 maybe even more people............. and bsides....ur still forgetin the 25th.....something can still happen then.....and if not.....then u can either take the easy way out n quit.....or...........you can just b patient and do other things until then..... i know when soul calibur IV comes out,if they dont have an a event or some new mission then i will be playing that

I dont care what they think of me quittng, it doesnt matter. I was just stating what i personally will do if sega keeps failing me. Sure, $10 a month is nothing, I just dont want to be supporting their lazy asses.

Mikura
Jul 22, 2008, 11:47 PM
I'll keep playing. The only thing that'll cause me to quit altogether is when they shut down the servers, or everyone on the game leaves, forcing ST to shut them down. Whichever comes first. ;x

I always just take short breaks to play other games when the updates start drying up, so I guess this doesn't bother me as much as it does some people. Oh well.

Edit: Also, this needs to be moved from PSU General to Rants. ;/

Vercix
Jul 23, 2008, 12:04 AM
I'll strangle a rappy, take its feathers, and make a doll out of it! In-other-words, I'll keep playing, and maybe go run Dancing Birds. Wasn't here during MAG, so me and many others can care less. O NOES NO UPDATE...w/e more time to get the best stuff out there, before better stuff comes.

Gunslinger-08
Jul 23, 2008, 12:22 AM

What she said.

SuperRygar
Jul 23, 2008, 12:33 AM
O NOES NO UPDATE...w/e more time to get the best stuff out there, before better stuff comes.

dont forget what she said

ForteGunnerW
Jul 23, 2008, 01:07 AM
there may not be any updates this week but dont give up cause there probaly doing something and they couldnt get updates while they were moving..

Vercix
Jul 23, 2008, 01:17 AM
The problem isn't really the move...it's that...well think of it this way. Everyday x amount of workers go into their branches of SEGA and do something...but as far as we can see, the something they do is nothing...it's been x amount of weeks, times that by 7 (days) and take off a few for the move and weekends...and we have this huge gap of time where they should have been developing new content and w/e...now yes, not everyone at SEGA is working on PSU...most are working on damn SONIC...drop it SEGA, sonic was great, but Mario kicked and will continue to kick your ass =p...anyway...there has to be at least 100 (maybe not, I really don't know) people working on this game...and so far we haven't seen anything on OUR end from them...our=US players...

Zorafim
Jul 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
Huh, I see I'm not missing anything. I wonder if my account is still active...
continues playing FFIVDS

dontdoit
Jul 23, 2008, 01:44 AM
there may not be any updates this week but dont give up cause there probaly doing something and they couldnt get updates while they were moving..

its pathetic how people still cling to hope like this poor sap. why not just send your entire paycheck to sega every week.

ashley50
Jul 23, 2008, 02:17 AM
like to bring up the topic over and over again eh?

its like a broken record already...

Seority
Jul 23, 2008, 02:21 AM
its pathetic how people still cling to hope like this poor sap. why not just send your entire paycheck to sega every week.

Until there is an official message stating that the servers will be shut down, there will still be hope and people playing.

RedRaz0r
Jul 23, 2008, 02:39 AM
And of course 90% of the people here have to be assholes and ignore the point of the topic. I want to know what your going to do, not to listen you whine about how many times you've heard this. And this shouldnt be moved to rants, as i see it, its not a rant, its peoples opinions.

ashley50
Jul 23, 2008, 02:44 AM
ok...I have 2 options. Its either Play or Don't play...

And by play i meant on the JP servers...Until US gets an update.

RedRaz0r
Jul 23, 2008, 02:49 AM
Thank you, thats what i was looking for. I appreciate the backup (if thats what your trying to do)

SuperRygar
Jul 23, 2008, 02:52 AM
haha why do you care what others are gonna do if ur just gonna call them assholes. some ppl are gonna quit and some are gonna stay. feel better?

Seority
Jul 23, 2008, 03:11 AM
And of course 90% of the people here have to be assholes and ignore the point of the topic. I want to know what your going to do, not to listen you whine about how many times you've heard this. And this shouldnt be moved to rants, as i see it, its not a rant, its peoples opinions.

Hunt more mats, and PA level, and level my CASEAL, and level up her class, and make sure I have enough mats, if not, more mat hunting, or watch DreX play starcraft more.
:)

Leah
Jul 23, 2008, 03:13 AM
Hunt more mats, and PA level, and level my CASTEAL, and level up her class, and make sure I have enough mats, if not, more mat hunting, or watch DreX play starcraft more.

quoted for lol.. unless you're making a girly boy-bot. or a thief.

Vercix
Jul 23, 2008, 03:14 AM
See... there's plenty to do...just gotta be willing to step outside the box...

goldbrease
Jul 23, 2008, 03:23 AM
I dislike my job but i didn't drop it when i grew to dislike it. i don't have a job to go to, to replace it yet so there is no sense in leaving. sometimes a little hope can save the world.

LLSmoothJ
Jul 23, 2008, 03:25 AM

I'm just going to continue leveling my Human and work on my Techer's Gi and Ra spells while hunting for another Cati-Power or Kan Yu. Maybe head to Duel Sentinel to hunt for another Double Agito, or Moonlight Beast for a Hoshi-Kikami. Otherwise, I'll be doing what I've been doing for the past few weeks: Playing Digimon World: Dawn while waiting for Soul Calibur IV to come out.

RedRaz0r
Jul 23, 2008, 03:27 AM
Hunt more mats, and PA level, and level my CASTEAL, and level up her class, and make sure I have enough mats, if not, more mat hunting, or watch DreX play starcraft more.
Thanks, I appreciate the nice reply.

haha why do you care what others are gonna do if ur just gonna call them assholes. some ppl are gonna quit and some are gonna stay. feel better?
Shut the hell up and gtfo.

I'm just going to continue leveling my Human and work on my Techer's Gi and Ra spells while hunting for another Cati-Power or Kan Yu. Maybe head to Duel Sentinel to hunt for another Double Agito, or Moonlight Beast for a Hoshi-Kikami. Otherwise, I'll be doing what I've been doing for the past few weeks: Playing Digimon World: Dawn while waiting for Soul Calibur IV to come out.

Thank you sir.

SuperRygar
Jul 23, 2008, 04:35 AM
this shouldnt be moved to rants, as i see it, its not a rant, its peoples opinions.

yet the title says (rant here)

ok, im done. i wont come in here anymore

Sir_Satyr
Jul 23, 2008, 09:07 AM
Some peoples lives must be pretty damn empty if they are sitting around whining and stamping their little feet over a freakin lack of updates. Probably the same damn people that sit online and run White Beast over and over again and bitch that no one is doing anything else. What does it matter if we get an update or not if no one is going to run anything other than freakin White Beast.

I feel just as shafted as the rest of you over having MAG yanked out from under me, I got over it. Life goes on. By now I don't really care of MAG ever does come back, all I would really like is some sort of definate answer, yes or no. If it will not be brought back give me my damn prizes.

If anyone is going to quit, just freakin quit already and don't tell us about it. Just drop off the face of the freakin PSU world and quit being so freakin EMO about it. No one is putting a gun to my head to be playing this game and I feel that would be the case with just about anyone else who CHOOSES to lay their money down every month to be a part of that community.

Magician4
Jul 23, 2008, 09:22 AM
I just don't understand why a lot of ppl are crying about no updates. I do understand that there hasn't been anything changed since the PA rebalance and that ST is wrong for this, but come on there are other things in life than just games. Go get a job, go on vacation, go get love, go live life.

Kizeragi
Jul 23, 2008, 09:27 AM
I'll still play, I don't care about how long the update takes, It'll come when it's ready.

What will I do? Soulcalibur 4, Phantasy Star Portable, Xbox Live. The list goes on.
Also waiting for some more people I know to start playing again. :/

Omega_Weltall
Jul 23, 2008, 09:49 AM
for me, its not the fact that i dont have anything to do in PSU, its the frigged unequal treatment! Sure we'er gonna be month or 2 behind the JP servers but this is ridiculous. $10.00 = Ĩ1000 (...more or less) and damnit i want regular updates or i'll go to a server where there are.

xgp
Jul 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
ok we all neeed to stop here we r agin at one a nathers trots (some pll) about the up deats plz this has to stop the up deat thing sucks yes i no but there is no resaon to fly off the hadel. stoping for a time and coming back after new stuff hits is ok jast do not complety crus the game for all of time.
if u have alrady stoped playing ( quit the game for good) the game thin y u on the forms if u do not play.

Rambo!
Jul 23, 2008, 10:02 AM
Lol after reading this I thought I was back playing runescape from the days long ago. In all seriousness Segac will update eventually and until then just find another game to play and if you pay monthly cancel your subscription. Personally about half my friends have stopped playing until Sega accually releases an update worth there money,(1 I know is waiting for master classes) but until then just do something else.

relentless
Jul 23, 2008, 10:03 AM
Should have 3 more threads saying "So, since no update, watcha gonna do?!"
Everyone: "lolquit"
And then, after everyone canceled their subs. and quit.... "HUGE UPDATE - Ruby"
lolol

But yeah, it's not confirmed yet, dude.. ;l

Big B
Jul 23, 2008, 10:06 AM
I'm betting no regular maitnence...We will have maitnence and what will get is universe 13-14

Kizeragi
Jul 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
lolol

This for the lulz.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 23, 2008, 10:29 AM

Yes, if they don't update, come join me on FFXI.

Vickie
Jul 23, 2008, 11:06 AM
well there's tons of other games out there that are worth playing while psu gets boring with the same old shit, just go play something else only reason i can see for quitting if you still like the game but are just bored of it at the moment, is saving $, but cmon its 10$ a month and the update should be here soon, Now if you cancelled after MAG then i can see the savings, but to cancel now just doesnt make much sense, just my opinion......

Vickie
Jul 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
Yes, if they don't update, come join me on FFXI.

by the way i was thinkin of going bak to ffXI to see whats up, but havent played that for a couple years, my characters would be long gone right? if so i dont think i could start over i had alchemy at 100 and that was a real beeotch dont think i can do that shit again, but if i do get back on there ill join ya

darkante
Jul 23, 2008, 11:18 AM
well there's tons of other games out there that are worth playing while psu gets boring with the same old shit, just go play something else only reason i can see for quitting if you still like the game but are just bored of it at the moment, is saving $, but cmon its 10$ a month and the update should be here soon, Now if you cancelled after MAG then i can see the savings, but to cancel now just doesnt make much sense, just my opinion......

Yeah, there are 2 things that have dragged me out from PSU actually atm.
Final Fantasy Fabled: Chocobo Dungeon for the Wii..a little twist to usual rpg aspect and..
Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS...both great games.

So itīs not like itīs a huge bummer in my case if no update arrives but still SEGAC is slow like hell...a turtoise will work faster..>.<

relentless
Jul 23, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'll still play, I don't care about how long the update takes, It'll come when it's ready.

What will I do? Little Busters!EX, Devil may Cry 4. The list goes on.
Also waiting for a chance to renew so I can get to play again. :/

My version of this. IF no update comes. :)

Vickie
Jul 23, 2008, 11:30 AM
to tell the truth im happy for the delays we always get because it actually gives me time when im home to play other shit w/o feelin like im missing out on anything from psu

Kizeragi
Jul 23, 2008, 11:48 AM
My version of this. IF no update comes. :)

You just steal my layout then! >: (

Jainsea
Jul 23, 2008, 11:58 AM
On one note: I'll probably just read, draw or play old games.
On the 2nd note: If updates come then yay! If not, get over it. Theres not much we can
do about that. Except quit but then we start seeing more "I quit" threads :\

Chibi_psu
Jul 23, 2008, 12:44 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8665/psuupdatevg6.jpg

sephiroth115
Jul 23, 2008, 12:44 PM
I personally don't care at this point if MAG comes back, give me my rewards already. I have a Psychowand ready to synth just waiting for the boost. I have already started playing other games like rock band and c&c 3 kane's wrath. just come play a few runs, buy and sell stuff. SEGAC I think forgot how to work the update button, or it broke in the move

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2008, 12:48 PM
Some peoples lives must be pretty damn empty if they are sitting around whining and stamping their little feet over a freakin lack of updates. Probably the same damn people that sit online and run White Beast over and over again and bitch that no one is doing anything else. What does it matter if we get an update or not if no one is going to run anything other than freakin White Beast.

I feel just as shafted as the rest of you over having MAG yanked out from under me, I got over it. Life goes on. By now I don't really care of MAG ever does come back, all I would really like is some sort of definate answer, yes or no. If it will not be brought back give me my damn prizes.

If anyone is going to quit, just freakin quit already and don't tell us about it. Just drop off the face of the freakin PSU world and quit being so freakin EMO about it. No one is putting a gun to my head to be playing this game and I feel that would be the case with just about anyone else who CHOOSES to lay their money down every month to be a part of that community.

You are my hero.

Adriano
Jul 23, 2008, 01:03 PM

Oh chibi :lol: post that on the officials...

darkante
Jul 23, 2008, 01:37 PM
Haha fitting :P

ashley50
Jul 23, 2008, 01:44 PM
lolol

But yeah, it's not confirmed yet, dude.. ;l

yeah...and then after consecutive no updates...it pops up again.

desturel
Jul 23, 2008, 03:56 PM

That's my answer. I'll play whether there's an event or not. I play this game to relax not to get stressed out about the release schedule.

Adriano
Jul 23, 2008, 04:02 PM
Luigi mario, thats not funny, read his signature. : |

darkante
Jul 23, 2008, 04:27 PM
So who wants to translate this caveman's gibberish?

Man, talk about insensitive. Do you even read properly yourself?

Kylie
Jul 23, 2008, 06:42 PM
If I wasn't such an addict for this game, I'd so write something nasty right now.

But I don't want all the QUIT NAO bullcrap. :|

Alastor_Haven
Jul 23, 2008, 07:58 PM
An update

of

People quitting? :o