PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!!!!

llxerollenyce
Jan 28, 2003, 09:41 AM
Agh......this cant be real.....fate is so cruel.......Ok i got my modem today and when i type in my ISP settings and i sign on it says "Unable to authenticate" and it tells me to "check my user ID and Password" I checked 10 times! do u have to do something special? for USER ID, do u type ur email address or simply the user name? My ISP is bluelight btw. It worked on dreamcast, how come it wont work now!? It should work!........I spent $350 to get the PSO hookup (keyboard and all). It better let me go online! I would call sega but they not open yet. Hopefully one of you readers can help me fix this problem. I need to go online BAD!!!! Thanx...

Tavia
Jan 28, 2003, 04:11 PM
On 2003-01-28 06:41, llxerollenyce wrote:
Agh......this cant be real.....fate is so cruel.......Ok i got my modem today and when i type in my ISP settings and i sign on it says "Unable to authenticate" and it tells me to "check my user ID and Password" I checked 10 times! do u have to do something special? for USER ID, do u type ur email address or simply the user name? My ISP is bluelight btw. It worked on dreamcast, how come it wont work now!? It should work!........I spent $350 to get the PSO hookup (keyboard and all). It better let me go online! I would call sega but they not open yet. Hopefully one of you readers can help me fix this problem. I need to go online BAD!!!! Thanx...

Hmm. I'm not 100% sure that the potential remedy I'm about to recommend will work. However, Blue Light used to be an entirely free ISP, but is now allowing people to subscribe for better service -- much like NetZero Platinum -- and, judging by its origins, your password could be getting encrypted. You may want to attempt the decryption method described in the tech support FAQ at the top of this forum.

If that does not work... quite honestly, I do not know what to recommend, aside from contacting Blue Light's customer support.