PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Freezing and Graphic Problems

MysticGoten
Jul 25, 2008, 12:54 AM
I usually play for about 3-8 hours every night on the Xbox 360 AOTI with my friends.

I was playing tonight and the game started freezing. Then I restarted the system and there were graphical problems.

I called Microsoft and they had me clear the system cache, everything seemed to be good for about 5 minutes before the graphical problems started happening again.

There is some kinda of white substance on the inner ring of the disc which my friend said is common on defective or broken discs due to laser burn.

This might have happened because:

1. I lifted the system a bit with the disc inside and it rubbed something.

Since I usually leave the disc in the system always, I don't really know when that white stuff got on the middle inner circle of the disc.

Makes sense this happens when MAG is expected to come back.

MysticGoten
Jul 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
After checking the 360 instruction manual, you are supposed to unplug your 360 during lightning storms and if its inactive for long periods of time.

Acts of God such as lightning storms aren't covered by the warranty, bummer :-x

I'll be doing that now.

MysticGoten
Aug 6, 2008, 03:27 AM
Again tonight, play for about 5 hours and the game freezes.

I turn the system off and back on. Game loads with graphic problems.

Turn the system off and back on, able to load until its time to get into the game and it freezes.

This happened a couple more times and I decided to unplug everything and let it be.

This is so disappointing because this 360 elite has only seen maybe a month and two weeks of use at this point.

Indica
Aug 6, 2008, 05:37 AM
There is a known problem with the Xbox overheating. Google "Xbox Class Action Lawsuit"

MysticGoten
Aug 7, 2008, 05:09 PM
I got confirmed for repairs today. Something is wrong with my 360s GPU and even playing offline games freeze now.

I'm going to a friend's house to play.