PDA

View Full Version : So I herd u liek dise.

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2008, 05:47 AM
Yay, they apparently got some Crystal Caste dice in again instead of always just Chessex, so I was able to fill in some gaps on that company. Match some of the d10s I had. And fresh d6 stock so I've got some matching 4d6. Also 12mm pipped chessex d6s, yay.

http://www.iankunx.net/d20727.jpg
http://www.iankunx.net/d6727.jpg

Current counts:

d3: 3
d4: 128
d5: 3
d6: 206
d7: 2
d8: 122
d10: 78
d12: 28
d14: 3
d16: 4
d18: 1
d20: 49
d24: 4
d26: 1
d30: 2
d50: 1

Current total: 635

Tact
Jul 27, 2008, 07:06 AM
That pearly-looking d20 is cool. I wish we could get textures like that in FantasyGrounds.

My other favorites there would be the sky blue d6's.

Shadowpawn
Jul 27, 2008, 08:52 AM
If someone mispronounced that last word this thread would be so wrong. :disapprove:

fronebullare
Jul 27, 2008, 10:24 AM
If someone mispronounced that last word this thread would be so wrong. :disapprove:

Actually... thats what i thought it said. its the only reason why i even clicked it...

Tact
Jul 27, 2008, 10:29 AM
Actually... thats what i thought it said. its the only reason why i even clicked it...

Bah. :disapprove:

You should have known that Ian's a dice-collecting person.

fronebullare
Jul 27, 2008, 10:34 AM
Bah. :disapprove:

You should have known that Ian's a dice-collecting person.

Im sorry, i wasnt informed. Btw ian, nice dice. those too-many-sided ones are sexy.

Retniwreven
Jul 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
You have less d20s than I would have assumed, and far more D4's.

Toadthroat
Jul 27, 2008, 03:10 PM
The man likes his pyramids

Retniwreven
Jul 27, 2008, 04:02 PM
Pff. If he REALLY liked his Pyramids his bed would, instead of a matress, be composed entirely of a sheet of D4s.

Pokey, yet not as bad as a bed of nails.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
Needs more golf balls.

Er, d100's. ;)

Tessu
Jul 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
I don't get the whole "last word being mispronounced" thing, but anyway.

S-so pretty. Stop tempting me into starting to buy cool-looking dice like that too. I don't want to be Ian Jr. ;-;

fronebullare
Jul 27, 2008, 04:53 PM
I don't get the whole "last word being mispronounced" thing, but anyway.

S-so pretty. Stop tempting me into starting to buy cool-looking dice like that too. I don't want to be Ian Jr. ;-;

before he fixed it said "so i herd u liek diec "

Tessu
Jul 27, 2008, 04:54 PM
Diec... ??
Nope, still don't get it.

Die-ec? Dhylec? Dieese?

OH I JUST GOT IT TEEHEE

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2008, 05:03 PM
I didn't fix it, that's modhax. Diec is just supposed to be dice out of order, pronounced the same. (And the only alternate prononciation for it that way I can think of is dike, what's wrong with those? Dykes maybe someone could get annoyed by, but bwuh?)

Also, Tessu. GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE. >D YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

TalHex
Jul 27, 2008, 05:07 PM
the dark side is expensive, it demands monies

Tact
Jul 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
Also, Tessu. GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE. >D YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

I saw an awesome bumper sticker that said "Come to the dark side. We have cookies." :wacko:

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2008, 06:50 PM
The cookies are a lie.

Randomness
Jul 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
No, the cake is a lie. As seen in "Come to the light side, we have cake!"

Tessu
Jul 27, 2008, 06:56 PM
Come to the light side, we have eternal lif-shotgun noise-

Toadthroat
Jul 27, 2008, 06:57 PM
Typos and misspelled words = internet comedy

i.e.: i herd u liek mudkipz

TalHex
Jul 27, 2008, 07:06 PM
come to the chaos side, we have muffins

Tact
Jul 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
come to the chaos side, we have muffins

Come to the Lawful side, we have...wait...damn, there's nothing good about the Lawful side. :disapprove:

TalHex
Jul 27, 2008, 07:18 PM
we also have curry, lots of curry

Nitro Vordex
Jul 27, 2008, 07:25 PM
Come to the Lawful side, we have...wait...damn, there's nothing good about the Lawful side. :disapprove:

LAWFUL
It's awful with an "L"

Larian
Jul 27, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'd go anywhere for some pie...

Oh and...awesome dice...I wish I had about half the dice you do!!! =(

Retniwreven
Jul 27, 2008, 09:11 PM
Chaotic Neutral all the way.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 27, 2008, 09:24 PM
...o.o

Retniwreven
Jul 27, 2008, 09:40 PM
...o.o

Chuck, being a force of nature rather than just a mere man, has to be some kind of neutral, I would imagine.

Tact
Jul 27, 2008, 09:51 PM
Chuck, being a force of nature rather than just a mere man, has to be some kind of neutral, I would imagine.

No, he's just going for an FKL run again. :disapprove:

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2008, 10:14 PM
Chaotic Good > All other alignments.

TalHex
Jul 27, 2008, 10:18 PM
chaotic neutral i say! complete balance is the only way to go!

Retniwreven
Jul 27, 2008, 10:36 PM
Chaotic Neutral because it means I can do whatever I want without horribly upsetting my moral compass.

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2008, 10:37 PM
Uh. Complete balance would be Neutral Neutral aka True Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral is the douchesack asshole 'I don't care about anyone but myself but I'm too much of a fence-sitting puss to actually go be evil' alignment.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 27, 2008, 10:38 PM
Uh. Complete balance would be Neutral Neutral aka True Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral is Shadow the Hedgehog.
Fix'd.

TalHex
Jul 27, 2008, 10:41 PM
you know i propose that there is no lawful neutral, neutral neutral, and chaotic neutral. my way of seeing it, there is only two ways you can be neutral, screw everybody over, or let everybody screw each other over. either way the result is the same, so i say its only Neutral

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2008, 11:39 PM
You really can't grasp the varying degrees of neutrality on the law-chaos axis, Talon?

Bear in mind also that neutrality can be about balance.

Eh, I'll try to explain the *insert modifier here* Neutrals.

Lawful neutral is kind of like a machine.(Literally. lulz Mechanus.) You obey the rules, period. Maybe you don't care about whether those rules accomplish good or evil. Maybe you actively seek to balance the two of them. Rules for the sake of rules and order, never mind silly moral issues of good and evil. Have the rules and laws and follow them, and all will sort itself out. That's the kind of mindset there.

Neutral Neutral is not taking sides. You don't care about law and chaos, or evil and good. Maybe they have no meaning to you. Or you could actively seek to balance them out of a belief that no extreme is valid. Too much good is as much a bad thing as too much evil. Too much chaos is as bad as too much law. Just keep it right in the centre of things and it's OK. True Neutral, honestly, is probably the alignment of most of the world.

Chaotic Neutral is, as previously noted, all about freedom without regard to good or evil. You do what you will. You don't care about being a good guy and saving the world. You don't care about skullfucking babies. You just do what you want without worrying about the moral issues. It's not important. Maybe you even think it's irrelevant. 'Good' and 'Evil' are pointless abstractions, the only real conflict is between law and chaos.

Which incidentally brings me to the problem with the 'x Neutral' and 'Neutral x' alignments, as they all distract from the true issue at stake in the alignment.

Lawful Neutral has nothing to do with Neutrality, really. Rather, it's True Lawful; the extreme Lawful end of the Law-Chaos axis. Same thing goes for Chaotic Neutral. True Chaotic, pure Chaos. Similarily Neutral Good and Neutral Evil are not about Neutrality. They are about Good and Evil.

The standard table confuses this; both via calling the 'pure' alignments 'neutral' and by the table losing the extremeness. (The only time it's ever presented in a way that actually makes sense is diagrams of the outer planes; Elysium, the plane of 'Neutral' good is at the top, with the Grey Waste(NE) at the bottom, Mechanus(LN) is on the left and Limbo(CN) at the right. And Celestia(LG), Arborea(CG), Baator(LE) and the Abyss(CE) are where they should be, in between the extremes. If you think of it in terms of alignments, THAT'S when it makes sense. Lists and table layouts and confusing terminology don't make sense. Thinking of it properly does.

So yeah, the alignments all make perfect sense to me. (Hell, the quasi-alignments implied by planes like, say, Ysgard make sense to me.)

So... Honestly IMO you're actually kind of right, there is only one real 'neutral', but there is implied neutrality in the 'true' alignments as well. Pure law cares nothing for good and evil and is thus neutral in respect to that axis, but thinking of it only as being neutral in that aspect robs the alignment of some of its meaning. Thinking of True Good as 'neutral' also robs it of its meaning. It's not really so much that it's neutral on the law-chaos axis, it's that it's the extreme of the good-evil axis that's the real issue there. You're good, period, without losing yourself in debates over law and chaos.

</wall of text>

Chuck_Norris
Jul 27, 2008, 11:43 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rni/lowres/rnin294l.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s127/TomXizor/1186878302434.jpg

Retniwreven
Jul 28, 2008, 12:46 AM
Chaotic Neutral is the douchesack asshole 'I don't care about anyone but myself but I'm too much of a fence-sitting puss to actually go be evil' alignment.

Sounds about right.
Anyways I was referring to, say, not being called out on choosing to do something 'just because' whereas someone with a stricter belief system wouldn't be able to get away with it.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 28, 2008, 12:58 AM
Let me ask you something, Mr. Norris...

Have you heard of a band called "Rush"?

Chuck_Norris
Jul 28, 2008, 01:18 AM
I will answer your question with another question, Mr. Vortex.

What do you think of Toilet Paper?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 28, 2008, 01:40 AM
THE FUCK MAN, IT'S A D.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 28, 2008, 02:05 AM
THE FUCK MAN, IT'S A D.

That may NOT be true, but that still does not answer the question at hand.

HeartBreak301
Jul 28, 2008, 03:13 AM
I think you need to go back to your old "It's a "d" not a "t", Vordex. =D

Nitro Vordex
Jul 28, 2008, 03:41 AM
*gibs cookie to Hearbreak*

I just might, since "Chuck Norris" can't tell the difference between a "D" and a "T".

HeartBreak301
Jul 28, 2008, 03:44 AM
Yay for cookies! See chuck? You get free food for pronouncing peoples' names right.

Tact
Jul 28, 2008, 06:26 AM
I just might, since "Chuck Norris" can't tell the difference between a "D" and a "T".

Just type the D in size 7 font or something whenever you need to type your own username. :wacko:

Wyndham
Jul 28, 2008, 07:10 AM
I'm getting lots of dice these days.
I have well over 100.
when I moved here, i had 12.

Nai_Calus
Jul 28, 2008, 09:53 AM
You are doing well, grasshopper, but you cannot hope to compete with me at this rate.

Wyndham
Jul 28, 2008, 01:09 PM
I've been buying about 8 dice a week recently.

Tact
Jul 28, 2008, 01:11 PM
I've been buying about 8 dice a week recently.

Go take some pictures of your awesome dice and show them to us. :wacko:

Wyndham
Jul 28, 2008, 01:21 PM
i have gathered most of them into piles. now i need the camera.

Wyndham
Jul 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
sadly, my camera needs new batteries, and im missing almost half my dice.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 28, 2008, 11:57 PM
Diec... ??
Nope, still don't get it.

Die-ec? Dhylec? Dieese?

OH I JUST GOT IT TEEHEE

DiC like the old PBS shows. Mr. Rogers. Arthur.