PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Y-Axis

Nidarrock
Jan 28, 2003, 04:20 PM
Playing Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell and MechAssult recently made me realize how dependant I've become on the inverted Y-Axis(Up is down, down is up) set-up. When I played Splinter Cell (unless I am idiot, I rented it so no instructions) you could not invert Y. I had the hardest time trying to play the game with Y being up is up and such(this sounds like a damn math problem) and stopped playing the game and most likely never touching it again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

So how do you like your Y and do you have difficulty adusting to inverted or normal if the game forces you too?

Ness
Jan 28, 2003, 05:26 PM
I like the inverted Y better.

deathsshadow
Jan 28, 2003, 05:39 PM
inverted except in halo... i dont know why though....

Kent
Jan 28, 2003, 05:40 PM
I use the inverted Y-axis on every game that lets me except Panzer Dragoon games. I'm just too used to it on those games to change it to inverted.

TheWhiteShadow
Jan 28, 2003, 05:45 PM
I'm inverted-y-axis-challenged, so I just leave up as up and down as down. Works especially well for me in Halo.

rbf2000
Jan 28, 2003, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure you can invert the axis in splinter cell.

TedEdFred
Jan 28, 2003, 11:14 PM
I can adjust to either.

RuneLateralus
Jan 28, 2003, 11:16 PM
I usually keep the inverted as well (especially for games like Panzer Dragoon). I do not really know why but ever since I played Star Fox on SNES (ah...the Super FX chip), it felt natural.

Cloud_01
Jan 28, 2003, 11:41 PM
I just leave the controls as they are in every single game I play...

CajunSamurai
Jan 29, 2003, 01:40 AM
Until I got into Quake 3 Arena on DC, I liked inverted (Star Fox 64 and Goldeneye old skoolin')... Now, I can't stand anything but non-inverted control, for the most part, especially for first person shooters.