PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard Issues?

norrisj15
Jul 28, 2008, 04:01 PM
After the recent Gameguard update that we received last week, I have discovered it has done some crazy things to my PC. First, I can no longer enter web addresses into a search bar on Internet Explorer while I have PSU up and running. I can no longer launch any internet demanding programs while PSU is running, and I can no longer watch videos from the internet while PSU is running. I can't plug in my Ipod while PSU is running either. All of these problems are solved by simply turning off PSU. None of these problems occured before this Gameguard update. I know its not my PC. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing anything similar.

Syl
Jul 28, 2008, 04:02 PM
Uh any chance you're on Vista x64?

ashley50
Jul 28, 2008, 04:02 PM
everything else is working fine on my end...

norrisj15
Jul 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yea I forgot to add I do have Vista Premium 64

Soukosa
Jul 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
The latest revision to GG seems to be causing loads of issues on Vista x64. Meanwhile there's less issues on 32bit Vista and seemly none on XP. No idea how wide spread Vista x64 is but they're gonna have to do something the next time they update the client at least. Since for me at least, GG crashes when PSU tries to patch the executable.

Tyreek
Jul 28, 2008, 10:47 PM
The only issue on 32bit users is the fact that they must suffer a BSOD, when GG loads. A big no no on Sega's part. They better patch this error soon.