PDA

View Full Version : Whatever you do, don't turn off your Gamecube!

Seifer01
Jan 28, 2003, 05:08 PM
It was a good day for me. I had spent the afternoon leveling up one of my characters and it had proved quite productive. The only annoyance was that I had to borrow my brothers TV and he wouldn't stop talking about it. When finally I had to get off he rushed over to get his TV back. But here is the horror of it all. The fool turned off my Gamecube just as it was saving. I LOST ALL MY DATA. I guess it wasn't kidding when it said do not touch the memory card or power button. Any of you lost your characters. How?

DJ_Monkey
Jan 28, 2003, 05:19 PM
If my brother ever did that, I would claim it was justifiable homicide to the courts =P

Para
Jan 28, 2003, 05:23 PM
i would be very mad >=O if anyone did that...

fortunately the pc version i dont have to worry about such things

Cloud_01
Jan 28, 2003, 05:33 PM
I almost lost my HUmar before. I was playing multiplayer with my friend and he decided to turn of the GC because he didn't like the fact that he kept dying. Unfortunately, he turned off the GC when it was saving. He lost all his characters on his memory card and I lost all my items I had on my HUmar. Luckily, I had transferred my character to his memory card to play multiplayer, so my character didn't get corrupted. My guild card just got corrupted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-01-28 16:39 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Jan 28, 2003, 05:35 PM
With all due respect, I don't talk people are actually dumb enough to purposely turn off the game when it tells you not to.

SuperSpeedy
Jan 28, 2003, 05:37 PM
Apparently, the people who posted before you proved you wrong.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 28, 2003, 05:42 PM
The first guy did not - his brother did.

The other guy did it, probably out of frustration, and not "gosh, I wonder what would happen..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-01-28 14:42 ]</font>

Jasmineflower
Jan 28, 2003, 05:43 PM
I'm happy my brother moved out ;D

Cloud_01
Jan 28, 2003, 07:37 PM
On 2003-01-28 14:42, TeamPhalanx wrote:
The first guy did not - his brother did.

The other guy did it, probably out of frustration, and not "gosh, I wonder what would happen..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-01-28 14:42 ]</font>

I'm not the one who turned off the GC while it was saving my friend did. I said it in my post o_O. I told him not too but he was too stupid to listen. I don't play multiplayer with him anymore. I don't trust him...

Davion
Jan 28, 2003, 09:17 PM
This struck close to home for me. Seifer01 is almost my brother, and he is my best friend. His character, Seifer, is Davion's brother, and I've been over to Seifer01's house quite a few times. It's basicly mine too, as mine is his in the same respect. I was the first person he called after this... murder, and I did my best to help out. I tell you, if I ever lost +Davion...

2Xtreme
Jan 28, 2003, 09:20 PM
Man, sorry to hear about losing all your data. It sucks.