PDA

View Full Version : non-elemental melee weapons?

Sega011
Jul 29, 2008, 07:36 PM
If they're vastly cheaper than other counterparts, would you buy them? I'm looking to equip my Wartecher with Togeha-zashi. The nonelementals are 400k. The lower level Gazaha-zashi have 18% Fire and are 800k (currently all of my poor person mesta :P ). Are nonelementals horrible? Or do you actually use or prefer them?

Arika
Jul 29, 2008, 07:38 PM
If you are running low on meseta and it is very cheap, then buy it.

Fiohna
Jul 29, 2008, 07:50 PM
Non-elemental striking weapons are pretty much useless. They aren't weak to any monster, but they're not strong either. For elemental weapons, they function like non-elemental against any creature not of the same or opposing element (like a fire element weapon would do less damage to a fire creature, more to ice, and act like a non-elemental to other creatures).

Using elements to your advantage makes a HUGE difference, particularly for Striking-based characters. A 35+% weapon usually matches damage with a weapon one or two rarity levels higher than it (sometimes more) against the appropriate enemies. This makes a difference because some weaker weapons are pretty cheap and will save you lots of money for getting something in the 35-40% area instead of going up to the next step.

However, if it's only 18%, I wouldn't really worry about it. 18% doesn't give a very noticeable difference, in my experience. You don't really start noticing a difference until 25% or higher, but it doesn't really make a big enough difference to cut down the number of attacks you do unless you have high damage multipliers via PAs. On a normal hit basis, you probably won't notice a difference until at least 35%, though the PAs will definitely be noticeable by that point.

Kylie
Jul 29, 2008, 07:52 PM
I used to not care, but I've learned that paying attention to elements pays off.

Kizeragi
Jul 29, 2008, 07:59 PM
Even a small difference in % means alot in the long run. Sometimes weapons just suit a green color, otherwise I don't bother with Neutrals. :/

steely
Jul 29, 2008, 08:05 PM
i wouldnt buy it even if i had little money sinse the 0% weapons only go down in price and u probobly woudnt be able to sell it later for the same amount u bot it for.

MaximusLight
Jul 29, 2008, 08:10 PM
A non-elemental weapon and a low % weapon don't have a big damage difference, so unless it's a decent percential it's not going to make a huge difference in your game play.

Non-elementals are nice weapons to fall back on too, since you can take them anywhere they will always be useful.

If you can offord high-% weapons they will do better in the long run, but having a non-elemental isn't going to be a bad thing either especially once you get into the S-ranks.

Basically it come down to this:

Send a ton more money on a weapon that does a lot more damage in a specific situation

Or spend a little money on a weapon that does more damage.

Also: Yeah it's nice to be able to hit as hard as possible, but hitting for 1180 (18% weapon) instead of 1000 (0%) isn't going to kill you. Doing the most possible damage doesn't make the game anymore enjoyable and it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be (aka, neutral isn't useless). Unless the weapon starts getting up around 20% you won't notice much of a difference.

Bye the freaking good deal on the Togeha-zashi or I'm going to and makes some money off of it >>

ZyphNeko
Jul 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
I only go for neutral weapons for one single case. A neutral non-element dagger for Zyroko, as in my role-plays, even outside of PSU, she uses a large, jade-colored dagger. And honestly, I don't care too much about damage. Just as long as I can hit above 80 and...well, able to kill something.

For elemental weapons, I rarely care about the percentage...unless if it's ridiculously below ten. But other than that, as long as I have the element I want, I'm satisfied.

And yes, non-elementals are indeed cheaper, which is best for me. I'm quite wasteful with Meseta at times, and bleh...

Neko~

autumn
Jul 29, 2008, 08:42 PM
I like non-elemental weapons. Green looks good on a lot of weapons and if you botch a grind on them the non-elm S ranks are generally easier to replace :D

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 09:10 PM
I buy weapons just for the color of them. Sure if I can make or get a good percent I'm happy but I'll take a low percent if the color is right. I do not like green much though so I usually pass on non elemental just for that reason.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 29, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hey if your poor go for it

Other then that it's useless

I rather have a chance at making the armor or weapon at a very high %

Which is profit

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 29, 2008, 09:43 PM
People who use neutral melee weapons are the joke of PSU.

Well, them and the random people who don't have AoI for some reason.

Darklighter
Jul 29, 2008, 09:48 PM
I think the joke of PSU is thinking the game is hard enough to need high % elemental weapons.

MaximusLight
Jul 29, 2008, 09:50 PM
Some of these people must think I'm insane for having :neutral: Crea Doubles

Magician
Jul 30, 2008, 06:39 AM
Do they do the damage that elemental weapons do? No, of course not.

But hey, swing a neutral weapon and *bingo* it does damage.

To call them useless is ignorance at its finest.

P.S. - I love how folks go apes**t when I'm using my third alt that uses nothing but neutrals.

Seority
Jul 30, 2008, 06:52 AM
Believe what you want, I'd just like to say that I don't own one 0% melee weapon, and have never used one, ever, online.
:)
Are they terrible? Kinda.
Are they bad? Definitely.
Just get % ones. They are a lot better, exept 10%'s. Just toss those and get a higher % weapon with a lower grade.
((Ex: {10% S = 20% A} They both have the same percentage power as the other. Oddly enough, I've seen 10% S have the same price as a few 30%+ A weapons. Up to you! ^^ ))

soolayah
Jul 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
What I do is carry around 2 different elements of each weapon type I use. I'm too lazy to go to my room to switch to the correct elements for every mission swap I do, but that way I'll have atleast one or two weapons with a damage bonus.
That means the rest of them won't be any better than neutral, so I don't really think it matters. For lazy people like me you'd save a lot of inventory space with neutral. :wacko:

darkante
Jul 30, 2008, 11:35 AM
Taking from title...

My opinion is that neutral doesn´t really bug me if you still just kick alot of ass anyway rofl.

unicorn
Jul 30, 2008, 11:47 AM
I don't really care about element %.

If its over 18%, its fine for me. Otherwise, its kinda embarrassing.

I don't care what elements things are. I just colour coordinate based on looks. If its high%, even better!!! I'm being stylish AND efficient! >:}

Annnd I find green is an ugly colour anyway. PSU makes green look cheap and gawdy.

darkante
Jul 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
I don't really care about element %.

If its over 18%, its fine for me. Otherwise, its kinda embarrassing.

I don't care what elements things are. I just colour coordinate based on looks. If its high%, even better!!! I'm being stylish AND efficient! >:}

Annnd I find green is an ugly colour anyway. PSU makes green look cheap and gawdy.

Yup, i dislike the green colour as well.
Favorite colours of mine would be blue and purple.

BLUE IS SEXY!....>.>...XD

drizzle
Jul 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
42%+ or bust

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Jul 30, 2008, 12:50 PM
Particularly, I don't bother with neutral weapons at all...The elements in the game mean a lot more when playing. A higher % weapon for the target element will hit higher damage obviously, but that's the point. Characters who rely on striking know what I'm talking about here. The same even goes for Ranged characters since the percentage gets boosted at the same lvls the photon arts do. Basically, what im saying is go with the elemental weapons.

darkante
Jul 30, 2008, 12:55 PM
Particularly, I don't bother with neutral weapons at all...The elements in the game mean a lot more when playing. A higher % weapon for the target element will hit higher damage obviously, but that's the point. Characters who rely on striking know what I'm talking about here. The same even goes for Ranged characters since the percentage gets boosted at the same lvls the photon arts do. Basically, what im saying is go with the elemental weapons.

I agree on guns...status effects hardly matter anymore seeing how fast everything dies and how little trouble the enemies gives.
There should be a balance but there is none.

Therefor, elemental dmg from bullets is the way to go seeing as they have been purposely been given more elemental % dmg increase.

Astarin
Jul 30, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'd buy that Togeha, because it's a steal. Yes, elemental weapons do more, but as many have said, you don't really start noticing a difference until 20, maybe 25%. I say start out with whatever you can afford, and as you get later in the game, you can upgrade to better % weapons. Low elements and neutrals will do just fine until you get higher.

Zarode
Jul 30, 2008, 01:41 PM
Never cared. I tend to replace them with elemental weapons though, since I like BIG NUMBARS

ForeverStronger
Jul 30, 2008, 01:42 PM
I think I want to make a non-elemental Agito Repca... Think it would sell and for how much? :D... And what if it had 5/10 or 10/10 grinds.. hmm.... This is a Server wide question btw.

Fiohna
Jul 30, 2008, 01:59 PM
If it was 5/10 or better, it would definitely sell for a lot, just because of the ridiculous ATP for a sword. My guess is probably 80mil for a 5/10 neutral Agito Repca.

It's not like they're that easy to come by, so people desperate for one will buy it regardless of % or whether it's broken, given they have enough money.

Iduno
Jul 30, 2008, 04:32 PM
meh unless you only spam 1 single element mission the greens are pretty handy, especialy if you sometimes have trouble with lag since that can make changing weapons a pain in the ass.

also green can be unique and cool looking (christmas trees anyone?)

Kizeragi
Jul 30, 2008, 04:48 PM
meh unless you only spam 1 single element mission the greens are pretty handy, especialy if you sometimes have trouble with lag since that can make changing weapons a pain in the ass.

also green can be unique and cool looking (christmas trees anyone?)

Green Crimsic/Ragnuc are epic. =O

Off-topic: By your sig, do you play Chromehounds? ;o

HELLBOT
Jul 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
their useful because they do not have a weakness and can be used on any mission and you do not have to switch wepons because of element BUT they are also bad becxause they do not have a strength against anuything and the monotone light-green that the wepons are colored does not appeal to me i think 0% armor is the only thing that should not have a element is armor because it is harder to switch and i don't want to buy 2-6 armor just because i want 2-3 hit points off me

HELLBOT
Jul 30, 2008, 05:21 PM
If it was 5/10 or better, it would definitely sell for a lot, just because of the ridiculous ATP for a sword. My guess is probably 80mil for a 5/10 neutral Agito Repca.

It's not like they're that easy to come by, so people desperate for one will buy it regardless of % or whether it's broken, given they have enough money.

my freind bought a 2/2 8% ice agito repca for 12 mil just so he could say he had one

(BTW a 2/2 agito is barley better than a jogiri)

Inazuma
Jul 30, 2008, 06:37 PM
if you are very poor, then having a neutral weapon is better than none at all. but the second you can afford to have a 10% elemental weapon, your better off going w/ that. stronger weapons cost more money. no surprise there.

Fiohna
Jul 30, 2008, 07:46 PM
my freind bought a 2/2 8% ice agito repca for 12 mil just so he could say he had one

(BTW a 2/2 agito is barley better than a jogiri)

I don't know if you're trying to support what I said or refute it, but I'm posting to show that what you said supports my claim.

A 2/2 is not all that great, but a 5/10 is absolutely amazing. I was just saying that people who are desperate for an Agito Repca will pay a lot of money for one (which your friend did). An 8% 2/2 Agito Repca is worth 12 mil, but an 8% 2/2 Jogiri is not, and is probably worth less than 50k. The reason? Agito Repcas are "hard" to get, while Jogiri boards can be bought in stores and the mats are easily found or purchased for "affordable" prices.