PDA

View Full Version : how do you use a trap

GHETTORANGER
Jan 28, 2003, 05:55 PM
How do you use a trap? are they any good

RX-7
Jan 28, 2003, 07:51 PM
Edit by eRUPT.

Hmmm this should let you know I'm not exactly fond of this. In trying to look above a newbie you look exactly like a newbie to me. Take this as your first second(I just read your admin notes profile seems you already were warned for something before, three strikes and your out) warning.

-eRUPT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-01-29 06:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-01-29 06:27 ]</font>

angelzeero
Jan 28, 2003, 09:06 PM
oh man thats cruel...
be nice to da kid, jabron!! LOL!!

Raist
Jan 28, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-01-28 16:51, RX-7 wrote:
ITS RIPPING TIME!!! OMFG, I can't believe how hard you made me laugh. Its the hardest time I have laughed in like years. So how old are you kid, still in you moms whom? or you like 1 or 2 and have a very step learning curve? I could go on and on, but it would not help. One question, have you yet to take the plastic wrap off of oyur game? If not, you get a knife, or use your teeth adn rip away. I cna't rememerb if PSO's plastic wrap had a littel area for you to make it easier. Now turn on your GC. Now pop in the disc. Oh, you got a error message? Maybe a mem card would help. Good, your learning. Now do what it asks, and get to the menu. Good, now, pick online if you have a modem or BBA. Now pic a Android char type if you want to use traps. Oh, you picked a Force, go back and put a android. Good, now go into the customize area after your char is in the game. Find the trap icons and put them in the open ares. Now jsut hit the button while int eh battlefield,,,, I siad battlefield, not town. You now know the basics of useing traps.

wow, mean and not funny, very nice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif
At least you actualy included how to do it in your senseless bashing.

GHETTORANGER
Jan 28, 2003, 09:18 PM
son i slap that kid in the face i have the game i just never pick andriod bitch

Brundidge
Jan 28, 2003, 09:41 PM
In the battle shortcut menu you can choose 3 different traps (damage, confuse, freeze). Another way you can throw a trap out is if you customize it as one of your battle keys on your controller. Like some of the Cave Traps takes a moment to go off once it has been triggered but not litteraly that long though LOL. They get stronger in damage as you level up and you can throw more down too as you level up also.

RX-7
Jan 28, 2003, 10:55 PM
I back for round 2. I hope you really didn't just say you have had the game for a bit now. I myself had both DC version, never made a android. I finlly Made one on GC. I found it very dam easaly. I mean, really, how can oyu not figure it out yourself. Traps are to a android like a Foie or Resta are to a Human. Oh, and ty the one person that also realized I did tell you how to do it. And to even be nice, in Battle mode, you get Slow traps to. Do I need to tell you how to use those also?

Brundidge
Jan 28, 2003, 11:26 PM
^ ^ ^ Okay man you didn't have to be so hard on people trying to ask a simple question. Yeah he could of just made a character and try it out himself but you don't have to rub it in like he's an idiot.

RX-7
Jan 28, 2003, 11:28 PM
Hey, I told him in both posts how to do it. Can't I have some fun with it. Probley would have helped if he did not admit he was not a newbie.

Brundidge
Jan 28, 2003, 11:34 PM
What's the difference if he was a n00b or not? Didn't have to treat him as if he was stupid.

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 11:56 PM
RX-7 is man of the hour for me.

Stalfos333
Jan 28, 2003, 11:59 PM
Since PSO's game guide is one of the worst I've ever read and is incredibly uninformative unless you already know the answer to your question, I'd have to say that asking a question about traps is not unjustified for someone who's never played as an android.

On the other hand, I'd feel completely justified in making fun of someone, and I'm not mentioning any names, who misspells the word the. It's not like this is a race, after all, there's no reason to make so many mistakes. If a person was in such a hurry, he or she could very well have not replied and saved time. Assuming someone, if there is such a person, who would use the abreviation OMFG (perhaps to indicate involvement in some cult that worships a fornicating deity?) chooses to submit a post so riddled with mistakes and gramatical errors, it can certainly be inferred that it is the best that person can do, his or her personal best. Especially when the explanation, or what can be made out from the "hypothetically" illegible post, contains potentially unfamiliar abbreviations like "BBA" which just mean that an uniformed person would only be further confused. You know, hypothetically speaking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-01-28 21:03 ]</font>

Raist
Jan 29, 2003, 12:06 AM
On 2003-01-28 20:59, Stalfos333 wrote:
Especially when the explanation, or what can be made out from the "hypothetically" illegible post, contains potentially unfamiliar abbreviations like "BBA" which just mean that an uniformed person would only be further confused. You know, hypothetically speaking.

I sure hate it when uniformed people don't understand me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Sorry I usually don't point out typos but throughout your entire post it seemed like you were just trying to use every big word you knew.

Stalfos333
Jan 29, 2003, 12:20 AM
Actually, my "n" key doesn't work right, a side effect of using a free computer...The "o" key also sticks and tends to show up double or triple in posts or writing if I don't watch the screen. I generally don't bother to proofread, and I don't ask people to go over their posts with a fine-toothed comb either. What I do expect from people is common courtesy for people who are asking for legitimate help, and that they put at least enough effort into the writing to make replying worthwhile. If it's unreadable, there's no point in replying in the first place.

I apologize for using "big words." That certainly wasn't my intent, as I only intended to use the words that seemed to express best the idea I was trying to get across. "Big words" are generally too specific to be of any real use, so I don't use them. I assumed everyone knew what all the words I used meant, except possibly "foricate" depending on the age of the reader.

RX-7
Jan 29, 2003, 12:57 AM
If you are trying to rip on me for my typing skills, go ahead. My typing sucks, I know, but I really don't care. If you can still understand what I meant, then does spelling matter? Unless this a school report, or report for a job or whatever, I don't care. Oh yea, you guys give me a real legit reason why i can't rip on a person or whatever I say what I feel like saying, remember, this is a message board, and this is a Country of freedom last I heard. Don't we have something called Freedom of speech in the U.S. here? I think I done ranting about that. Should I start ripping agian, or be nice for once? I will be nice, I am tired.

Pynix
Jan 29, 2003, 08:42 AM
On 2003-01-28 14:55, GHETTORANGER wrote:
How do you use a trap? are they any good

Since no one really answered your question fully I will take the time to do so.

Traps come in 4 types: Damage, Freeze, Confuse, Slow

Damage (does fire damage)
Freeze (imobolizes enemies for a short time)
Confuse (confuses the monster into attacking anyone near it)
Slow (slows target for a short time) - this is only in battle mode to my knowledge

To set a trap you just assign the corresponding trap button and press it under the place where you would best prefer to lay your trap.

Where do you put the traps?
-I usually NEVER use damage traps unless I'm facing "Pan Arms" and my normal attack wont hurt it.
-I use freeze traps when there is a large group of monsters and I need to freeze some of them to make it easier. I just lay the trap while I'm attacking the mob of monsters.
-I use this when I feel like destracting the mob of monsters. Once confused I sometimes attack from far back with my slicer class weapon.

Traps explode when a target is near it. Sometimes if you want to time it right it takes lots of practice, but I've figured out that you can also detonate your own traps to achieve the same effect.

If you attack your own trap while monsters are near it then it will detonate and cause the same effect as if the trap was set off by them alone.

Traps have many uses... most of which just comes with experiece of playing an android. I have a level 127 HUcaseal and am quite used to the traps... I have never used so many traps until I reached Ultimate difficulty.

If you still have questions feel free to PM me.

Goza
Jan 29, 2003, 09:14 AM
On 2003-01-28 16:51, RX-7 wrote:
ITS RIPPING TIME!!! OMFG, I can't believe how hard you made me laugh. Its the hardest time I have laughed in like years. So how old are you kid, still in you moms whom? or you like 1 or 2 and have a very step learning curve? I could go on and on, but it would not help. One question, have you yet to take the plastic wrap off of oyur game? If not, you get a knife, or use your teeth adn rip away. I cna't rememerb if PSO's plastic wrap had a littel area for you to make it easier. Now turn on your GC. Now pop in the disc. Oh, you got a error message? Maybe a mem card would help. Good, your learning. Now do what it asks, and get to the menu. Good, now, pick online if you have a modem or BBA. Now pic a Android char type if you want to use traps. Oh, you picked a Force, go back and put a android. Good, now go into the customize area after your char is in the game. Find the trap icons and put them in the open ares. Now jsut hit the button while int eh battlefield,,,, I siad battlefield, not town. You now know the basics of useing traps.

It's ripping time!!! OMFG, I can't believe you mispelled womb. How old are you, son? Spiderman training diapers are still cool, right? I've been out of the loop since I graduated Kindergarten.

Seriously, go easy on people, and possibly edit your posts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. It's a video game.

eRUPT
Jan 29, 2003, 09:21 AM
Its ok I edited his main post for him. Is anyone else gonna bash for absolutely no reason at all but to try to prove that your above a newbie? I've seen every "pro" post a newbie question at some point.

Oh and thanks Pynix for making a post that is actually helpful in this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-01-29 06:23 ]</font>

RX-7
Jan 29, 2003, 11:45 AM
Actually, I forgot the correct for of womb. Plus I am not going to check either, since you seem to to know why. Mod peron eRUPT. WTF you kill the hoax thread like you did. It was a joke. There could be no damage from it. I figured since you are the only to get pissed over it, maybe you shoulde leave your basement or your room and see life outside the window for the first time in a long time. You take PSO way to seriously.

Raist
Jan 29, 2003, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't push your luck RX if you didn't notice he wasn't the only one pissed about what you wrote. And he gave you a warning, so if you ride him he probably will ban you.

StinkyFarts
Jan 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
Hehehe. This is just too sad.

RX-7
Jan 29, 2003, 02:54 PM
If I get banned, it shows how pour there mdign skills are. To give a warning over a admitted hoax is bs, even for small forums.

Eden
Jan 29, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-01-29 11:54, RX-7 wrote:
If I get banned, it shows how pour there mdign skills are. To give a warning over a admitted hoax is bs, even for small forums.

please improve your spelling skills...

God-Slayer
Jan 30, 2003, 12:15 AM
So... how else besides Pynix's post does this thread have anything to do concerning using traps to be of any use to the person who asked? I suggest ya lock this one and throw it away ^_^. Pretty much just a pissing contest now IMO.

Edit: Oh and RX-7... I sincerely hope you aren't implying that this is a small forum. This is a large forum with a wide fanbase, as PSOW is probably the most popular website for anything PSO. Make sense? The admins have enough trouble to look out for without your incessant bashing, so just stop, kay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: God-Slayer on 2003-01-29 21:18 ]</font>