PDA

View Full Version : More Jet Grind Radio Rumors

Toadthroat
Jul 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
For the Wii (http://kotaku.com/5031139/rumor-jet-grind-radio-to-return)

Now...Call me a Nintendo hater but...I dread to see this game for the Wii. Just think of all the stupid periphials and waggle controls they might stick on this game.
"USE THE BALANCE BOARD TO SKATE AROUND, WAGGLE THE WIIMOTE TO SPRAY, ITS SO AWESOME!"

:(
Please be for the 360 or Triple. PLEASE.

NPCMook
Jul 30, 2008, 07:54 PM
For the Wii (http://kotaku.com/5031139/rumor-jet-grind-radio-to-return)

Now...Call me a Nintendo hater but...I dread to see this game for the Wii. Just think of all the stupid periphials and waggle controls they might stick on this game.
"USE THE BALANCE BOARD TO SKATE AROUND, WAGGLE THE WIIMOTE TO SPRAY, ITS SO AWESOME!"

This.

Seira7
Jul 30, 2008, 08:09 PM
ugh...
I also associate the series with really cool, cutting edge graphics for the time.
So yeah, please oh please dont put this on the Wii...it deserves to be Next-Gen.
(i know they could make it cel-shaded, but it would probably STILL look jaggy
on the Wii)

NPCMook
Jul 30, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hasn't the series always been Cel-shaded? Also I liked the jagged art-style they used, it gave the series something unique and Cartoony

Syl
Jul 30, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah the series was always cel-shaded, which in it's time was pretty unique.

Shadowpawn
Jul 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken it was the first game to use cel-shaded graphics.

Kismet
Jul 30, 2008, 09:03 PM
That'd be one of the world's STUPIDEST economical moves if they did such a thing. If it was multi-platform (Wii and 360), then okay, because they'd have some backup support in-case the Wii version didn't takeoff. If they decide to go ONLY Wii, I don't know what could be a worse idea.

I guess it's not TOO far-fetched an idea. Along with Final Fantasy, Star Ocean has always been with Sony on the PS, and then all of a sudden - ping! "Tee-hee, SO4 is on 360 now~!"

Game companies are just tossing games all OVER the board... It's like "dur-hur, oh well, who cares?! :B" now, apparently.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jul 30, 2008, 09:12 PM
That'd be one of the world's STUPIDEST economical moves if they did such a thing. If it was multi-platform (Wii and 360), then okay, because they'd have some backup support in-case the Wii version didn't takeoff. If they decide to go ONLY Wii, I don't know what could be a worse idea.

I guess it's not TOO far-fetched an idea. Along with Final Fantasy, Star Ocean has always been with Sony on the PS, and then all of a sudden - ping! "Tee-hee, SO4 is on 360 now~!"

Game companies are just tossing games all OVER the board... It's like "dur-hur, oh well, who cares?! :B" now, apparently.

seriously I bought a xbox 360 for star ocean

Monochrome
Jul 31, 2008, 12:00 AM
Though I tend to be a Wii fanboy, I agree. Just imagine how amazing cel-shading would look with the poly-power of a 360 or ps3. It would probably be fun on the Wii, but would hardly push any new envelope.. Just because you map the controls to the wiimote and make some new levels DOESN'T qualify it as 'innovative'..

Saner
Jul 31, 2008, 12:27 AM
you know even today I'm shocked I was persistent enough to complete both Jet Grind Radio
(Dreamcast) AND Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox).

there was sooo many incredibly frustrating moments.
but the art, character selection, and level design for the most part was good.

it could have benefitted from 3 player online co-op though. versus modes get boring quick
in this type of game.

Kent
Jul 31, 2008, 07:51 AM
Being that Jet Set Radio Future is easily one of the best games of the last generation, I support the idea of a new one being made.

And although the prospect of using the Wiimote for graffiti is intriguing, to say the least... I'd still rather have it on the 360.

Jaspaller
Jul 31, 2008, 10:43 AM
JGR on the Wii? DO WANT! JGR and JSRF were absolutely awesome.

Sekani
Jul 31, 2008, 12:39 PM
Can't add much to this.

Zarode
Jul 31, 2008, 12:54 PM
it could have benefitted from 3 player online co-op though. versus modes get boring quick
in this type of game.

What, why three?

Also, screw you if you said 360 and Wii. PS3 wants some love too. :disapprove:

UnderscoreX
Jul 31, 2008, 03:11 PM
Question: Why does everyone think this will be a new version ? The Wii has a habbit of getting games from last gen ported to it and I have no doubt this will be the same.

Freshellent
Aug 2, 2008, 08:36 AM
I don't give a damn what game comes out on what system as long as it comes out. I personally think it'd be a grand idea to see Jet on a Wii, in fact. It kinda makes sense to me.

NPCMook
Aug 2, 2008, 09:10 AM
What, why three?

Also, screw you if you said 360 and Wii. PS3 wants some love too. :disapprove:

Because the more legit gangs you faced early on in the game usually challanged you to match with only 3 of their members. Rarely did they have 4 people, usually 3 underlings and the head of the gang

Wyndham
Aug 2, 2008, 11:37 AM
as long as the game is on Wii OR 360, I'm fine with that.