PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay

vohnie
Jan 28, 2003, 06:18 PM
Is anyone going to use Action Replay?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 28, 2003, 06:27 PM
I'd be more likely to buy another freakin' GBA (SP) =>_<=
Besides, there's no need for me to get one, since I'm a pretty HUnewearl who gets items for free! Love me!

Cloud_01
Jan 28, 2003, 07:45 PM
FU Action Replay!!!

mystic_knight
Jan 28, 2003, 08:36 PM
I might get 1, but not for PSO. I usually get those kind of things for games that I want to see the end of but don't feel like playing all the time and for bosses and stuff that seriously piss me off (i.e. 3rd Seymour in FFX, man that zombie crap was SOOOO annoying!)

Gartywood
Jan 28, 2003, 09:19 PM
The third Seymour is soooooooooooooo easy

BeatZero
Jan 28, 2003, 09:42 PM
i may get one (if it ever comes out) but not for PSO

hucasts_rock
Jan 28, 2003, 10:27 PM
why hasn't sega done anything to stop action replay? PSO is gonna be sooo bad online....people having every single item...CHEATERS RUIN GAMES...I like to use cheats (not for PSO)...but then I get bored of it a few hours later...

Tigger
Jan 28, 2003, 10:43 PM
On 2003-01-28 19:27, hucasts_rock wrote:
why hasn't sega done anything to stop action replay? PSO is gonna be sooo bad online....people having every single item...CHEATERS RUIN GAMES...I like to use cheats (not for PSO)...but then I get bored of it a few hours later...

Because Sega has no right too. The Action Replay is going to be used for MORE then just PSO you know.

I personally wouldn't use it to cheat at online games, but hell I like to have a little fun with a game after I've beaten it normally a couple of times. Besides it has other uses besides just cheating (playing imports for example)

Grimsoar
Jan 28, 2003, 10:44 PM
Cheater: Look at this cool new weapon I got! It's the best in the game!! I'm leet!

Observer: Cool, where did you get it? I wanna find one!

Cheater: I didn't find it, I cheated and input a simple code into a third party, rip-off, ruin the game thingy, that I bought.

Observer: I'm not impressed by your cheating the game and missing the point of playing it, or your stupidity for paying for it. It's almost as bad as buying stuff of ebay for an online game. It's people like you who ruin the game for hard workers.

Sorry for the rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif but I'll be playing my game the way it was meant to be played.

Darkmage13
Jan 29, 2003, 01:27 PM
I'm gonna get one, make myself into Sonic, give myself a black king bar, then go beat ultimate Olga Flow at level 1.

You people whine too much.

Tekershee
Jan 29, 2003, 01:36 PM
The only way I would get one is if that if online sees the return of NOLing and CKing. Then I will get one for backup.
But I won't because I'm not spending that much on a cheat device I'm not gonna use.

Buuyon
Jan 29, 2003, 02:00 PM
I want one for games that i dont feal like playing to beat and if you can make your chars like sonic and stuff i might do that with PSO but not make higher lvl chars then get every item.

Buuyon
Jan 29, 2003, 02:01 PM
I want one for games that i dont feal like playing to beat and if you can make your chars like sonic and stuff i might do that with PSO but not make higher lvl chars then get every item.

I_like_dupers
Jan 29, 2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna buy it so I can cheat. Yup, gonna be fun. Maybe I'll get sick of this game after a month I start cheating. Because the game is already getting boring as it is without cheating.

Vantamiath
Jan 29, 2003, 05:53 PM
On 2003-01-29 14:46, I_like_dupers wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna buy it so I can cheat. Yup, gonna be fun. Maybe I'll get sick of this game after a month I start cheating. Because the game is already getting boring as it is without cheating.

Well im glad that because you're getting bored with it you'll try to fuck everyone else over.

Yeehaw cowboy.

I_like_dupers
Jan 29, 2003, 08:18 PM
Yup because I really don't know anyone and I don't mind fucking over someone I don't know because I don't really plan on seeing them ever again. So...=D

ChaoticRaven
Jan 29, 2003, 08:31 PM
I personally think it will be cool. I mean i'm going to make my Char lvl 200 then whats the point in playing.

I_like_dupers
Jan 29, 2003, 08:34 PM
Exactly, then I would have a reason to stop playing the game. I don't want to play a game forever. Now that gets boring.

Seph5172
Jan 29, 2003, 09:04 PM
Ill probably get one for whatever. But cant sega ban their HL? Even though by the time they get to ban it it would be too late...

anyway, i MIGHT use it offline to experiment, but never online. I hate cheaters online... oh and btw, if u say we whine to much, maybe we dont want to waste our money buying a kb (if we did), the game, the BBA, and the HL per month. is that so fucking hard to understand? maybe some of us dont have that kind of money to blow off on nothing! GOT MY POINT?

Eden
Jan 29, 2003, 09:13 PM
SEGA tried banning before in the DC....it was a <sarcasm>HUGE</sarcasm> success.....

ArcticChaos
Jan 29, 2003, 09:19 PM
Ummm...how coudl you cheat using the action replay? Like what can it do for your character?

Auracom
Jan 29, 2003, 10:16 PM
A wise man once wrote. "All cheaters are fuckheads, but not all fuckheads are cheaters". That man was Gabe of Penny Arcade. Damn he's so wise. Oh ya and cheating on PSO is just stupid. If you could just get all the items and levels instantly then what else would their be left to do? Oh ya talk... If you want a chat program go get MSN, AIM, or ICQ. Talking is cool but playing is much more "cooler".

Gray4
Jan 29, 2003, 11:00 PM
Cheating is fine with me. If people want to cheat items for themselves, whatever, i don't have to associate with them or use them if I don't want too, so more power to 'em.

What is unacceptable though is if AR users are going to be able to ruin characters of other players, Cking, NOLing etc..

We pay a monthly fee for this game. Not too many peeps are going to stick around and pay $8.95 a month to have their characters ruined by some other player. So it behooves SEGA to have some kind of action plan to combat this, or they are gonna see their customer base dry up pretty fast.

flux-equals-rad
Jan 29, 2003, 11:59 PM
On 2003-01-29 17:18, I_like_dupers wrote:
Yup because I really don't know anyone and I don't mind fucking over someone I don't know because I don't really plan on seeing them ever again. So...=D

wow, i wish i could be there when karma kicks in for you. seriously, with an attitude like that you're going places, kid.

Hrith
Jan 30, 2003, 11:03 AM
I agree, cheaters ruin the game ! With all my hours of online DC PSO I can tell you it SUX !!!

Legit rules !

btw, as far as I know Action Replay uses decrypted hex which won't work for PSO. To mod PSO's program you'd need encrypted codes supported by Codebreaker, for instance.

All an Action Replay might do is :
-Infinite numbered items (fluids, mates, photon drops, etc...)
-Infinite HP & TP.
-65,535 experience points per monster slain (maybe 999,999 ; depends on how this PAR is made). No instant Lv200.
But neither duping nor creating stuff.

Note that I may be wrong, Datel might have learned his lesson and release a good performance device, for once.

I also heard that the release date is 18th February in the US.

vohnie
Jan 30, 2003, 04:04 PM
I agree, I hope that "NOLing" isn't revived.
It would be kinda fun to create a new character and just cheat offline.

vohnie
Jan 31, 2003, 11:50 PM
I heard that Action Replay goes into the spot where the modem goes underneath the Gamecube. This should keep the cheaters offline.

vohnie
Feb 1, 2003, 08:14 PM
It would be fun to use it stricktly offline not online and start a new character just for cheating.

thewiredknight
Feb 1, 2003, 08:36 PM
It uses the modme port so there will be no hacking of other characters thankfully. As for items, I've heard that Sega has the system set that if it detects a hacked item it will earase your item inventory, this could be false though so don't quote me on that. As for me I'm not getting it, I take pride in my gaming accomplishments, and it's not an accomplishment if I cheated to get it.

Angarwaen
Feb 1, 2003, 08:51 PM
I considering getting an AR to use on AnimalCrossing (to unlock the old Zelda game because my NES broke and I hate emulators and I love that game, o^___^o)
if I do then I will back up my PSO characters, but no cheating

vohnie
Feb 8, 2003, 10:08 PM
Has anyone bought action replay yet.
I think it's out.
It would be stupid with lv. 200 people running around and they just started the game and didn't feel like leveling up. It takes the fun out of getting to lv. 100 and so on.

jimmer_jammer
Feb 8, 2003, 10:29 PM
Luckily, I am getting Xbox pso. Won't have to worry about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If I did have pso for gc I wouldn't get an Action Replay though. When you people say you are going to get it, but are not going to use it to pk or anything... You are wrong. I remember I told myself I was gonna buy a gs to protect my charecters on v1 for dc. Well I ended up noling the shit out of everybody. I wouldn't do it again but I must admit it was fun... I stopped noling a long time ago though. I wouldn't mind walk through walls though. That was harmless fun. I used to walk to ragol and back from P1. Oh, the memories...

super5vash
Feb 8, 2003, 11:29 PM
Im not quite sure if I will buy one or not, if it gets really bad online with alot of cheaters I will pick one up as security. Also, about it being in the modem slot underneath the GC I am not quite sure if that is true from what I have read ( http://codejunkies.com/article.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&i=5393 ) it sounds like it is a memory card, and has a cd just like the PS2 Gameshark, but I could be wrong.