PDA

View Full Version : taking pics?

dentRED
Jul 30, 2008, 10:43 PM
ok so im just wondering how to capture pictures on your tv... like how ppl post picks of chars, finds, etc. and will it cost me.... and if so, how much?

Turb0
Jul 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
Most people that do that are probably on PC. For 360, you can either have bad quality and take a picture of the screen or get something like a TV tuner. One of my friends has a TV tuner that we use to make videos on games, but personally idk exactly how much a decent one is.

dentRED
Jul 30, 2008, 10:54 PM
oh... welp...... dam... o_O

Bupon
Jul 31, 2008, 12:31 AM
A good one can go for 100 and up.

chaoskila
Jul 31, 2008, 12:41 AM
i got mine for 10...
lol cheap ones are usually only like ~50

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 31, 2008, 02:36 AM
Right here :P

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/general/45/Adaptec-GameBridgeTV-AVC1410/p1/

Sometimes you can get a new one on ebay for bout $40-$50

Brainwrecked
Jul 31, 2008, 03:41 AM
Personally, I use a DVD DVR. Costs more and adds the extra step of ripping from a DVD, but you don't have to worry about proprietary cables and codecs.

Also, be aware that the video you capture is going to be interlaced. If everything is still or near-still, you won't notice it. If you have fast motion though, you'll see it when you try to get a snap-shot of a still frame.

I've tried GIMP's de-interlace filter, and it's not as good as mencoder's fastest option. I take it that any video processing program's de-interlace filter is just going to have much more information (surrounding frames) to go off of than any image manipulation program will (single frame).

If you have questions on video processing, you could try searching in / posting to PSO-World's Fan Works section. Sorry, but couldn't turn up any relevant existing posts. You can also PM me if you'd like some help with video processing.

afterthoughtz
Jul 31, 2008, 07:07 AM
Well my friend uses a capture card, but i know next to nothing about it lol

Mracless
Jul 31, 2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVH1_9HhX9w&feature=related

That's a good tutorial on how to set it up.

I use a capture card that I salvaged from my cousin's old computer, which is slightly broken and has long since been discontinued, and I bought an S-video cable for my Xbox 360.

I just connect my console directly to my computer, and I have to play the game from the preview on my monitor.