PDA

View Full Version : Are the demo and the full version compatible?

furrypaws
Jul 31, 2008, 07:55 AM
Like, for instance, let's say my friend buys the game. If I were to download the demo, would I be able to play with him? I would, of course, not be able to play any other missions that aren't on the demo, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. I hope so...

DarkShadowX
Jul 31, 2008, 08:02 AM
A good question, but I haven't heard anyone trying it or such. Personally, I'm going to have to say no it won't work, but I may be wrong.

.newzero
Jul 31, 2008, 08:47 AM
It is not possible because of the missing data in the demo version... lots of weapon and map data is not available due to the small file size of the demo

also the demo uses an ID different from the full version for ad-hoc networking (the SSID is based upon the ID)

Mike
Jul 31, 2008, 10:42 AM
It is not possible because of the missing data in the demo version... lots of weapon and map data is not available due to the small file size of the demo

also the demo uses an ID different from the full version for ad-hoc networking (the SSID is based upon the ID)

Not so. The demo and the full version are interchangeable. However, you are limited to demo maps when playing with a demo player.

Kizeragi
Jul 31, 2008, 11:32 AM

The SSID is your PSP. :/ It is possible, I've tried it with a friend.

Darksidehearts
Jul 31, 2008, 09:02 PM
Now my question here is can you use your save data from the demo on the full version? I hate to have done all the process of playing through to get what I have in armor and equipment not to mention I have like 3Million+ plus meseta just to find I'll have to do it all over again. I mean I suppose it's not too much of a big deal as I love the game enough to play it all over again but it would be nice to not drive myself crazy maxing out my PA's and such again lol.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 31, 2008, 09:08 PM
Now my question here is can you use your save data from the demo on the full version? I hate to have done all the process of playing through to get what I have in armor and equipment not to mention I have like 3Million+ plus meseta just to find I'll have to do it all over again. I mean I suppose it's not too much of a big deal as I love the game enough to play it all over again but it would be nice to not drive myself crazy maxing out my PA's and such again lol.

You can use it. When you get the full game, there is an import feature on the main title screen.

pikachief
Jul 31, 2008, 09:08 PM
yes u can import your demo file to the full game

.newzero
Aug 1, 2008, 02:34 AM
okay them im wrong at the interchange ability D: sorry ^^

Darksidehearts
Aug 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
Alrighty then, now I feel better about importing it. Oh and I assume that it's confirmed that you can transfer items to the US versions of PSU? Also I was wondering if this can be done on the original PSU or is this an AOTI only connectivity?

AnamanaAU
Aug 2, 2008, 08:09 PM
Would you get the demo player to host?