PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

deathsshadow
Jan 28, 2003, 06:34 PM
If some guy was about to stab you, and you were having one of those slow-mo htings where you know whats happening and it doesnt seem real thing... I have no idea what i would do.... I'd probably stand there ideally looking at the attacker before he stabs me... but thats me, what about you?

Dangerous55
Jan 28, 2003, 08:19 PM
Avoid the knife or grab the knife, why would you let him stab you?

ManInBlueHat
Jan 28, 2003, 08:41 PM
I'd wait until the last moment before he strikes and bring my karate-chop hand to his neck, slicing his head off and saving my life. All in the name of dramatic effect.

Guntz348
Jan 28, 2003, 09:02 PM
I have a gun, I'd just shoot him.

angelzeero
Jan 28, 2003, 09:16 PM
i'd cast Rabarta and freeze im!!
HUCHA!! (TCHIIIING!!)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 28, 2003, 09:17 PM
I'd get stabbed in the back and die!

Raist
Jan 28, 2003, 09:26 PM
I'd pull out my lightsaber and go snick snick shwing waaaaaajedi!!

ABDUR101
Jan 28, 2003, 09:32 PM
A.
B.
C. Stand there and enjoy the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-01-28 18:49 ]</font>

Davion
Jan 28, 2003, 09:42 PM
I'd let the blade snap harmlessly on my unbreakable skin.

RavenTW
Jan 28, 2003, 10:03 PM
Two things.

1. Wonder how the heck the knife's going slo-mo.

2. Depends. If it really IS going slo-mo, I would do my best to dodge it. But I might still get stabbed.

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Jan 28, 2003, 10:18 PM
I'd replace the Knife with a banana, open of course, and move positions so it looks like he's feeding me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ian D
Jan 28, 2003, 10:19 PM
I'd uppercut him in the balls so hard he'd evaporate.

Nawms
Jan 29, 2003, 10:42 AM
On 2003-01-28 19:03, RavenTW wrote:
Two things.

1. Wonder how the heck the knife's going slo-mo.

2. Depends. If it really IS going slo-mo, I would do my best to dodge it. But I might still get stabbed.

Same with me. I'll be honest, I probley be stabbed.

Bloodberry
Jan 29, 2003, 11:52 AM
Mace, taser, large rock, whatever it takes. Too many of you give up too easy. >_<

pixelate
Jan 29, 2003, 03:09 PM
Something along the lines of...

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/extrae.jpg

TheWhiteShadow
Jan 29, 2003, 03:37 PM
It's OK to view the event in slo-mo, but it's not OK to react to it in slo-mo. The priority there is pretty simplistic-sounding, but it's simply to avoid the knife coming in contact with you. If you're in an open area, retreat from the assailant and run to a safe place. If you're cornered, don't think two-dimensionally.

There's space between you and the knife and between the knife and the assailant's body. Make use of the space you're in and find the best way of escape, whether it's around to one side of the opponent, down and around, through the legs, etc.

The assailant is not invincible. He has vulnerabilities that can be exploited, if escape is not immediately possible. Take any sensitive area he may have and strike at that area while staying away from the knife. You can bend a finger back, gouge an eye, bash the groin, stamp the foot, etc. Just use the more sensitive parts of your own body as a guide.

The knife has an edge, which was meant to cut, and that should not be ignored. It also has a point, which can be used to allow the rest of the blade to enter, and it is a rather small point of entry that can lead to a lot more harm. As you choose your way of escape, you may not be able avoid getting cut or "stuck" at all, but you can limit how badly it occurs, by keeping the blade as far from yourself as possible. As necessary, feel free to hold the assailant's hand, arm or even his weapon, to keep it away, but don't get caught up in doing so. Your focus is to escape. You may get injured, but a light wound is treatable; death does not have that advantage.

Foggy_Pete
Jan 29, 2003, 09:40 PM
id get stabbed but try my hardest to bleed on and ruin his cloths

Cloud_01
Jan 29, 2003, 10:04 PM
I would grab the knife as he tries to stab me then try my best to get it out of his hands. I might get stabbed while doing this but it will all pay off after I get the knife from him. When I get the knife I would quickly slice his neck open and watch him die on the ground while he bleeds to death.

I would then stab him in the stomach a few hundred times. After that I would make a homemade bomb and blow him up. Then to finish him off I would flush his ashes down the toilet...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-01-29 19:09 ]</font>

SorceressofTime
Jan 29, 2003, 10:29 PM
*lol*
ok now... what would i do? - besides agruing with the person that they're weak in everyway and has to use a knife against a girl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i'd avoid being stabbed by moving to the side of the person's body, grab their arm (where the weapon is), twist their arm behind them, take the knife and ....dislocate their shoulder XD after that, i'd knock em out, and run like hell. LOL

Kent
Jan 30, 2003, 12:12 AM
Disarm the guy, put the knife somewhere else (in a wall, on the ground, etc.), get the freak in a hold and start with the questions...

Abaddon
Jan 30, 2003, 01:17 AM
On 2003-01-28 15:34, deathsshadow wrote:
If some guy was about to stab you, and you were having one of those slow-mo htings where you know whats happening and it doesnt seem real thing... I have no idea what i would do.... I'd probably stand there ideally looking at the attacker before he stabs me... but thats me, what about you?

I'm not quite sure. In an act of self defense I would strike open-handed to the neck and run. You don't want to hang around too long..

MaJin
Jan 30, 2003, 01:49 AM
I would turn around, jump up and do the matrix thing like (Trinity in The Matrix). Kick him and then watch him fly LOL hillarious sh|t.

Ness
Jan 30, 2003, 05:53 AM
Use my TKD skills to diarm him. Then I would dislocate his shoulder and interogate him while the police were on the way.

Tryce
Jan 30, 2003, 09:46 AM
On 2003-01-29 12:37, TheWhiteShadow wrote:
It's OK to view the event in slo-mo, but it's not OK to react to it in slo-mo. The priority there is pretty simplistic-sounding, but it's simply to avoid the knife coming in contact with you. If you're in an open area, retreat from the assailant and run to a safe place. If you're cornered, don't think two-dimensionally.

There's space between you and the knife and between the knife and the assailant's body. Make use of the space you're in and find the best way of escape, whether it's around to one side of the opponent, down and around, through the legs, etc.

The assailant is not invincible. He has vulnerabilities that can be exploited, if escape is not immediately possible. Take any sensitive area he may have and strike at that area while staying away from the knife. You can bend a finger back, gouge an eye, bash the groin, stamp the foot, etc. Just use the more sensitive parts of your own body as a guide.

The knife has an edge, which was meant to cut, and that should not be ignored. It also has a point, which can be used to allow the rest of the blade to enter, and it is a rather small point of entry that can lead to a lot more harm. As you choose your way of escape, you may not be able avoid getting cut or "stuck" at all, but you can limit how badly it occurs, by keeping the blade as far from yourself as possible. As necessary, feel free to hold the assailant's hand, arm or even his weapon, to keep it away, but don't get caught up in doing so. Your focus is to escape. You may get injured, but a light wound is treatable; death does not have that advantage.

You might want to save your sophisticated answers, or your breath for more deserving questions.
Me, I'd just let him stab me, then I'd kiss him, he'll regret it once he finds out I loved him.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 30, 2003, 11:30 AM
I would rush at the guy. If hes bringing it down, bashing into him may disorintate him or throw his strike off. When youve got someone right in your face you dont have much room to swing.

Then i would knee him in the balls!

Nidarrock
Jan 30, 2003, 12:12 PM
Attempt to side step, kick him in the groin and as he's leaning forward uppercut his ass! Then run. Unless I still have more openings to hurt him. Then it's a free for all.

But in reality I would probably wind up getting stabbed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'd be too into the whole slow-mo effect.

AnimalMother
Jan 30, 2003, 09:08 PM
I would beat his ass!

Guile
Feb 2, 2003, 12:35 AM
I'd keep doing whatever the hell drug I'm doing to make stuff go in slo-mo...oh yeah

Then I'd punch him in the face...