PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard doesnt show up anymore

Prince_Medion
Aug 1, 2008, 04:15 AM
I dont know why, but all of a sudden, whenever i pick ofline or online mode, Gameguard doest even show up....so the game doesnt load at all....anyone know anything about that?

ps: i tried reisntalling...did'nt seem to work.

Tranas
Aug 4, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm having the exact same problem, so don't feel alone lol...

Gameguard is so infamous for causing more problems than it helps.

Hopefully someone will find a cure, or if I find anything, i'll post it here.

Indica
Aug 4, 2008, 10:04 PM
Go into the Gameguard folder where PSU is installed and delete the whole folder. Then re-install PSU

Phil100
Aug 5, 2008, 11:43 AM
I'm having this problem too, I've tried deleting GameGuard then reinstalling it like Indica has suggested (this is my first ever PSOW post otherwise I would've done the quote thingy!) but this has failed to work. I'm still having the same problem Prince_Medion is having. I did take my laptop to a fellow AOI player (who's playing the game without any problems) and the thing we're sure of is that GameGuard is having compatibility issues with Vista computers. If no one minds my asking, is everyone here using Vista?

Indica
Aug 5, 2008, 01:02 PM
Im running Windows Vista with no problems at all.

- Are you logged in as Administrator or have Administrator permissions?

If so, then try this

- Go to Start and open Control Panel

- In the search on top, type in Firewall

- Open Firewall, and choose "Change Settings"

- Click on the Exceptions Tab on top

- Look and see if Phantasy Star Universe has a check mark

If not, then Add the program

Phil100
Aug 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
I've just tried that (i'm guessing you're using the Windows Firewall) but that didn't work. I also tried a similar thing for the firewall i'm using (ZoneAlarm) but that didn't work either

Indica
Aug 5, 2008, 03:50 PM
It seems something in Windows registry is corrupted or some .dll files somewhere in you System directory got messed up.

Aside from what I mentioned in previous posts there is really nothing much else you can do.

I would try to install RegCleaner and the program should list any related GameGuard or PSU entries in your Registry and you could delete them with this program.

It's free and can get it here -- http://majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Other then that, I would backup your personal files and just re-install Windows from scratch.

Phil100
Aug 6, 2008, 04:22 PM
I've tried looking through the registry but I couldn't find anything wrong with it, I also tried RegCleaner but that asked me to cough up god-knows-how-much cash in order to delete anything. I would re-install windows if it weren't for the fact I've got software on it that I can't find the discs to that I use quite a bit. Thanks for the help anyway, maybe GameGuard will get an update soon that will rectify this.

Prince_Medion
Aug 9, 2008, 03:04 PM
Thx for the help guys! it works now! In fact it was the .ini file that got messed up -_- sigh...and when i first desinstalled, it still kept the psu option files folder, so this time i deleted it manually and reinstalled.