PDA

View Full Version : OMG, 13k MINIMUM on Leaderboards?! Help!

Clunker
Aug 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
Crud, I thought I'd be able to get a Spread Needle this time round.

Tried doing C solo - took around 20-25min each run, run 3x.
(130 Cast M, PT 10, using Shigga Desta +2 with Elemental Bullet in the late 'teens')

Even ran a few with 3 person party, though they were under 50th level - 30min.

A run with a 103 level, myself, and a 50-ish for two blocks, took (again) 25 min.

WTF. Am I doing this wrong? We hit all mobs and get all badges....

Tactical suggestions? I don't have any PT weapons grinded above 3; most are at zero or two.
Most of my ranged PT PAs are "Late Teens", while I've only Jabroga at 17. I do have Majarra maxed
beyond that what PT can use though.

Kinako78
Aug 1, 2008, 01:16 PM
Where did you see that, Clunker? The leaderboards on the site haven't been reset yet.

Cracka_J
Aug 1, 2008, 01:20 PM
place 499 is 2265 pts.

that would mean the minimum to get on the boards is under 2500 kills.

chill out, you're fine.

Turb0
Aug 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
IMO, as a PT, use traps and shotguns. Nothing Else. Everyone else in the party should be able to kill everything that the traps don't get. Crossbows and machine guns seem to be the best weapons for these runs, but PTs are useful too. For all the extra parts, (3 boomas at the beginning, hidden forest part, through the door at the beginning of the caves) have 1 person do all of them and the other 3 people go on ahead. Just make sure 2 people open the cave door if you're doing that part too. As 4 high level gunners or 3 gunners and a PT, you should be able to do sub 7 minute runs without too much difficulty. (Idk if you're doing the ruins or not, but don't. Waiting for the door to open wastes too much time)

Loso
Aug 1, 2008, 01:43 PM
Crud, I thought I'd be able to get a Spread Needle this time round.

Tried doing C solo - took around 20-25min each run, run 3x.
(130 Cast M, PT 10, using Shigga Desta +2 with Elemental Bullet in the late 'teens')

Even ran a few with 3 person party, though they were under 50th level - 30min.

A run with a 103 level, myself, and a 50-ish for two blocks, took (again) 25 min.

WTF. Am I doing this wrong? We hit all mobs and get all badges....

Tactical suggestions? I don't have any PT weapons grinded above 3; most are at zero or two.
Most of my ranged PT PAs are "Late Teens", while I've only Jabroga at 17. I do have Majarra maxed
beyond that what PT can use though.

20 mins? I solo C runs in 10 Mins.. In Parties around 7-8 130 Cast, Shigga Baret(3/10).. dunno.

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 01:46 PM
Skipping Ruins is important. Also, there are certain things that make the run faster (skipping NPCs, going through certain gates and going back to get spawns that would take time to spawn otherwise, etc.).

Also, EX Traps > C runs.

Dealer
Aug 1, 2008, 01:52 PM
Can someone post a link to the updating leaderboards please?

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 01:55 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/mag2008_2/en/

amtalx
Aug 1, 2008, 02:14 PM
Ummm, why are your PAs so low?

Astarin
Aug 1, 2008, 02:26 PM
Getting your PAs up will help. Shotgun bullets are especially easy to level now, IMO, so that'll come with time.

But I think it's going to be even harder to get a Spread Needle / G this time around, since everyone who didn't get one before, wants one now. I hope I'm proven wrong, but... while I'd like one, I'm not willing to do mindless C runs for hours on end, every other day, until MAG ends.

Darius_Drake
Aug 1, 2008, 02:38 PM
I know I will get flamed for this, but I think the kills should be weighted. You should get more credit for doing your kills on S. That would get rid of these Level 130's spamming C runs non-stop. I love doing runs and the shotgun is my favorite gunner weapon, but I refuse to spam C runs with my character so I pretty much gave up hope for the Spread Needle / G. I just hope to see someone else using one at this point.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
Yak Zagenda

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
Harry Potter's only lv71 and he's first place, so...

Kizeragi
Aug 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
I'm level 95 and I hit the top ten too. :/ not a hard task.

Clunker
Aug 1, 2008, 05:17 PM
Ummm, why are your PAs so low?

Heh, yeah about that - I'd only gotten back to Gunner PAs in the last couple of weeks...
and only went PT last weekend.

Since slightly before MAG1 I'd gotten angry with ranged PAs taking f-ing forever to advance, so had switched to melee PA leveling. I've every non frag PA at 31+, many near 40; I had just started in on the last non-frag Twin Saber PA, and had gotten it in the low twenties, when I recalled how low my Gunner PAs were.

I'd been focusing on the non-frag PAs for acrofighter type weapons, and had just gotten into Jabroga.

I mostly solo, as I've weird hours, and am more a 'moderate' player - I've perhaps 1500hrs on the character described upthread.

Using the Ex Traps is effective, but... it's like 18K to grab all 30 each run (sometimes 2x per run).
Feels like I'm losing M$ in the end.

I do have Ice/Fire Shotty PAs at 31; since many things are lighting or ground vunerable, I've been trying to use those over the last week or so - and I'm almost at 20 for Barada Inga.

hans4
Aug 1, 2008, 05:50 PM
it says the top person on the lader boards has over 700k already! in less than one day? no freaken way. have they just not updated it since last MAG or somethin?

pikachief
Aug 1, 2008, 05:52 PM
thats the original leaderboards LOL

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/mag2008_2/en/personal/

MysticGoten
Aug 1, 2008, 07:33 PM
The lowest spot on the leaderboard is 3,525 kills or so, I got 300 kills in about 15 mins doing a C rank run by myself (I'm not going for the leaderboards, just was short on time before work).

Plus your chances at the leaderboard are probably shot because all the people who made the leaderboards last time can compete again, thats such BS!

I'm going to go home, hit level 80, wait for my friends to catch up, and do S ranks until the whole event is over.

Fiohna
Aug 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
It's very possible to get 4,000 kills in two hours if you have a good team to spam C runs.

EX Traps will not make you lose money on C runs if normal items are set to random or order and the meseta drops are picked up. If you start spending money on trimates or scapedolls, then you will start losing money, but not just on traps and PP Cubes alone. You'll just be making very small amounts of money.

Syl
Aug 1, 2008, 07:39 PM
My friend who is running with me and another lvl 130 is only level 40ish and hes in the top 25 lol >.>

Clunker
Aug 1, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ah, I've now gotten on the boards.

My problem - I was running ruins and DF; alone as well. ^^;
No wonder I wasn't getting anywhere.

I'm now just under 200.

Acrofighter13
Aug 3, 2008, 05:16 AM
kills do you think will be needed to stay on the leaders boards because i have about 20k kills now
and im tryin to make a chart thingy to how muchin gonna have to play per day

Gryffin
Aug 3, 2008, 05:19 AM
Alot. Considering people got like, 700K last time.

Acrofighter13
Aug 3, 2008, 05:32 AM
ohh well im sure i can stay on i just wanna be able to do other stuff too so yea...

Unspoken Entity
Aug 3, 2008, 05:45 AM
To be honest i think 100k will get you in that leader board for sure :) u don't have to go and kill yourself for kills this time round not very challenging me thinks ^^

Skyly
Aug 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
Whats the skill in spamming c runs, and most people are glitching. They should have made it to where there's different ranks, SN/G For the top 100; 80-130 On S, etc etc Top 100 On A And Then Top on C

Phoenix_Black
Aug 3, 2008, 02:01 PM
Is the leaderboard actually more slower this time around? Feels like it, but I'm not sure...

Maybe we can get a projection of where might be in 3 weeks.

Mata
Aug 4, 2008, 12:18 PM
if the perty does it in more then 7mins get the hell outta there

Kizeragi
Aug 4, 2008, 12:28 PM
Is the leaderboard actually more slower this time around? Feels like it, but I'm not sure...

Maybe we can get a projection of where might be in 3 weeks.

To be honest It's much faster, I reckon 130k will be the bottom of the leaderboard.

Golto
Aug 4, 2008, 12:40 PM
So far its slower for the first week. First time around #500 was averaging around 7k a day and now its a little more than 5k a day.

Old Sloppy
Aug 4, 2008, 02:19 PM
Whats the skill in spamming c runs, and most people are glitching. They should have made it to where there's different ranks, SN/G For the top 100; 80-130 On S, etc etc Top 100 On A And Then Top on C

NO ONE IS GLITCHING C RUNS. If they are they're morons here is why. There is no need. They are fighting C-rank monsters with lowered health and it is just not neccessary. Secondly, they are morons if they do glitch beceause the are risking their prize for no real benifit

The reason people are getting such a high kill count is because THEY DO NOT STOP, EVER.

Mata
Aug 4, 2008, 05:06 PM
However the top of the TA boars is completetly corrupted. Everything above the group Heheh... is a glitched run w/ nubs exploiting the glitch.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 05:13 PM
NO ONE IS GLITCHING C RUNS. If they are they're morons here is why. There is no need. They are fighting C-rank monsters with lowered health and it is just not neccessary. Secondly, they are morons if they do glitch beceause the are risking their prize for no real benifit

The reason people are getting such a high kill count is because THEY DO NOT STOP, EVER.

Hear! Hear!

(At least until your hardware gives you a big **** you.)

MysticGoten
Aug 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
The minimum kill count for the leaderboards now is 18k.

SStrikerR
Aug 4, 2008, 05:35 PM
Damn no way im gonna even try for the boards. Imma use this luck for SW.

HELLBOT
Aug 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
use rifles and shotguns and laser cannon nad launchers will be the death of you and forget the badges your there for a 130mil spread needle AND get into a speed c run because the kill count goes foir the whole party if part kills 316 monsters so do you

Gcen
Aug 4, 2008, 07:35 PM
No way am I going to do speed C-Runs again it was ok when I was on the sick at the time since I could not do much anyway, but forget that idea of doing it all again for another Spread Needle/G.

Doing S-runs is more entertaining getting capped on as many chars as I can then I can work on what ever else I need to. Leveling on S like every 2 runs it great Gcen will be capped tomorrow then its time to work on Dean that will not take very long also.