PDA

View Full Version : New Hope for English patch- Tsumikiri reunited

_kenchin_
Aug 1, 2008, 06:01 PM
OK so I'm a bit of a programmer and i know a decent amount of Japanese, so playing isn't an issue for me but not everyone knows katakana etc... so i was diddling away at my iso and found out that it is possible to extract the data, inside the iso is 2 .fpb type files which contain all the data for the game. But inside those fpb type files is a psu_data.bz2 file which can easily be decompressed with winrar, once this is done we can begin work on a English patch. So that's what i did yesterday....

**UPDATE**

So i was about to go to sleep when onehandsolo contacted me about the patch, at about 2:30 in the morning.... Now its 6:56. After only that short while, Lets just say
things are looking really good for a English release....

SO as of 6:57 I'm announcing the formation of

Team Tsumikiri

**UPDATE+**

After the formation of the team i decided to look For more members.

So I took a look for all the translators, and there was lots...
This community is serious apparently. So i looked around and noticed one
Guy was there for all you translation needs . So here is the UPDATED

Team Tsumikiri

kenchin <-- Acts cool
onehandsolo <-- Keeps the Focus
EspioKaos <-- Helps us talk to japanese girls/women
modsoul <-- Digital deviant

I won't be going though the forums for a while, I need to study up and do some research,
If there is something important Please PM me and I'll get back to you.

*UPDATE*

Well i have a stable connection now so i can get back to work...YAY

We also have a new member Please welcome modsoul!!!

Also note that due to school "Production" is SSLLOOWW. But we hope to be done buy january(might be sooner< might be later<<< all depends..).

number313
Aug 1, 2008, 06:20 PM
That's awesome! That means it will be easier to understand the menus. It would be great if you can translate all the items. I don't care much for the story. It's just that it's hard to know which photon art is which in the storage

landman
Aug 1, 2008, 07:14 PM
What? we already know what the menus are, the same with the weapons (just look the brand and the rank!!), what would be interesting is the story mode indeed!! ^^

elgoog
Aug 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
IMO an item translation would be a lot more useful than a story translation... just my opinion though, I really want to know what some of these item descriptions are.

landman
Aug 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
Hey, reading katakana is easy, reading kanjis and understanding sentences is not, I don't think it is "necessary" to translate the items list to enjoy the game if you are not interested in the story <_<

elgoog
Aug 1, 2008, 07:34 PM
Ok, so we have different opinions, I'm not very interested in the story and you are. Like I said, it's just my opinion...

Greyman
Aug 1, 2008, 08:36 PM
While I do not own the full game I have played the demo, in my opinion while the storyline would be interesting moreso than items etc starting small in this project would be most wise. Information such as the menus and item names should be quite easy compared to the storyline as time goes on and the small things are finished then would it be best to work on the story.

number313
Aug 1, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hey, reading katakana is easy, reading kanjis and understanding sentences is not, I don't think it is "necessary" to translate the items list to enjoy the game if you are not interested in the story <_<

Not everybody can read katakana. Items translation is much more useful IMO. I can just read a summary of what happened in the story.

_kenchin_
Aug 1, 2008, 09:15 PM
like i said it doesn't make a difference to me, i was bored and figured that some needed
"New Hope" i mean i'm in no rush, if and when it gets done yay!! else(sob...)
return 0;

Gryffin
Aug 1, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hey, does this mean you can turn your ISO into an Eboot? :X

deso123
Aug 1, 2008, 10:39 PM
if it's possible I know plenty of you will help chip in and translate the entire game. Hurry up! :D

Gryffin is gay

Gryffin
Aug 1, 2008, 10:49 PM
>_<;

Off-topic, TO THE MAX!

Anyhow. Iso to Eboot, D:

Like the Demo was. xD

_kenchin_
Aug 1, 2008, 10:57 PM
ok who the hell renamed my thread? that's not cool... It sounds to patriotic, eww.

_kenchin_
Aug 1, 2008, 11:00 PM
>_<;

Off-topic, TO THE MAX!

Anyhow. Iso to Eboot, D:

Like the Demo was. xD

umm not quite you see i intend on changing the language, not the format.

Rei-San
Aug 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
This is a great idea, You will make so many people happy. :D I guess its all well, Since Sega doesn't plan to put this game outside of Japan, correct? If not then I will probably use this patch.

Tyreek
Aug 1, 2008, 11:04 PM
I think its the best of both worlds to translate both story and item menus. I really would like to know what is going on story wise, though I already know the synopsis. As for item translations, I would go for it. I'd like to know the names for the weapons I'm using. So what will you go with first?

marsprite
Aug 2, 2008, 12:20 AM
Have you actually managed to extract the bzip file from the .fpb? or is that what a bzip header looks like?(I'm not very familiar with the bzip format) I only got so far as pulling out the fpbs and viewing them in a hex editor, so all I saw was the filename. Messing with this stuff is not a huge priority for me, mostly I've been trying to find where the software decides how high your PAs can go, so that I can try raising that limit.
but if you have gotten the bzip pulled out, then I would appreciate it if you could provide your method for doing so, so that I can do it and take a look at it.

As to the translate what issue. From a project standpoint, menus would be the first priority, as that makes the game more accessible, thus providing a larger testing base, quickly followed by stats, and item descriptions, not the amusing parts of them, the parts relevant to use of the item.
Menus are much easier to pull a 100% complete on that story text, thus making you feel like the project is going somewhere. Die hard fans will want the translation more, thus providing people who will probably pick up where you leave off if you make public your efforts, should you decide to stop working on it.

Personally, I know PSU well enough that the story is the most valuable translation to me. In favor of the story? A 100% story translation will bring you more respect as a translator of games. Also, if you 100% an english story translation patch, I'll give you cake.

#EDIT#

A bit of information share for you, the memory editor in cwcheat pulls alot of references to specific file names, so if you are looking for the filenames of the contents of the bzip, than thats one way to find them, cwcheat also has a disassembler if you like, I don't do enough hacking to be skilled with assembly though, so I haven't messed with it yet. You will need custom firmware to use cwcheat. I think the homepage for it is something like cwcheat.consoleworld.org, but google will find it for you easy if thats not it.

BhunterX
Aug 2, 2008, 01:52 AM
ok so i'm a bit of a programmer and i know a decent amount of japanese, so playing isn't an issue for me but not everyone knows katakana ect... so i was diddling away at my iso and found out that it is possible to extract the data, inside the iso is 2 .fpb type files which contain all the data for the game. But inside those fpb type files is a psu_data.bz2 file which can easily be decompressed with winrar, once this is done we can begin work on a english patch. So thats what i did yeasterday....

HOLY CRAP WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?!?

wow. seriously, that would be really cool to know what the storys about, considering that Monster Hunter 2 gots tons of patches (never played the game, but i can tell that its really good.) but really, i wish i could be of help, but i don't know a spit of the text in PSP! the only thing i know, is the difference between attack and dexterity! ^^;

.newzero
Aug 2, 2008, 03:30 AM
in PSP the whole translation thing is a bit complex. Compressed Data hidden inside an yet unknown Container. Stuff like this is new to me from Sega. For PSU they used to scramble the filenames but only on the pc version. so it gotta be hard.

@marsprite: if you want to raise that limit you should use that cwcheat tool. It could be hard to figure out which part of the game code limits the PAs due to limitations of the cwcheat tool.

landman
Aug 2, 2008, 04:54 AM
Not everybody can read katakana. Items translation is much more useful IMO. I can just read a summary of what happened in the story.
Anyone can read katakana using this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana), but they are lazy or just have nonenglishphobia -.-

Hei _kenchin_, I can't provide help translating from Japanese, neither I have idea of programming or hacking, but if while you are doing this colossal work you think you could add other languages to this hack (or make other versions) I could provide an Spanish translation from the English texts (I'm actually subbing PSU story mode since the game was not released in this language...)

Chibi_psu
Aug 2, 2008, 05:01 AM
Ask Espiokaos maybe he can help you with the translation. A menu and item translation would be nice indeed

Fry_Heit
Aug 2, 2008, 06:12 AM
I would be very glad to help translating the game, believe me. The problem is that I don't know anything about hacking ISOs and all. I've already looked how to do that with the PSP demo, but it was faaar too hard for me.
But if you know how it works... I'd be glad to help! Just mail me!

marsprite
Aug 2, 2008, 07:35 AM
cwcheat is the tool that I am using, its slow, but I am making progress at locating the things that I want to change, Unfortunately, it seems that psportable has been somewhat designed to prevent an easy hex cheat for your PAs, the values where information about an item are stored seem to move alot, they dont generally go back to occupying the same location as before, and cwcheat isn;t picking up on that like it usually does. I think I'm going to have to break out a reference manual and go at it from the assembly angle.
Unfortuanately I don't have alot of time to put to this since I want more spread needles. So this will be on hold for me at least until the event ends.

OrochiGab
Aug 2, 2008, 10:34 AM
first items and menus translations is needed

Fry_Heit
Aug 2, 2008, 10:46 AM
I've been trying to deal with the hex editor by myself for 4 hours now, and I really don't get it. I know I have to make a translation table or something, but I don't know how it works at all.

By the way, a lot of items, menus and ennemies are already in English in one of the files oO (this is the only thing readable).

_kenchin_
Aug 2, 2008, 10:46 AM
I dont see a reason not to... As long as you are doing it, (Mi espanol es no bueno) lol, Seriously
I'm rusty... I'm trying to decompress the file, I think the .fpb is a wrapper not a format... I'll keep u posted.. As for the translation i probly won't have time for it all; So if i do manage to extract it, I'll post all the kata and let u guys transcribe into english, espanol , italiano, ect. Oh btw i hate English (sad language) that is why i know other languages lol..

_kenchin_
Aug 2, 2008, 12:28 PM
ok so i figured out that the .fpb file is a type of gzip compression (.zip, .tar ect..).i'm thinking where going to have to hex-edit the **** out of "file.fpb" by the time we figure out how to decompress and recompress, we'd probly be done hexing.... any one make any progress yet ?
if so upload plz, btw we should just do menu,and items first and story last..

Fry_Heit
Aug 2, 2008, 03:24 PM
I already gave up. I'm now looking for an ISO hacker, I just can't do it by myself.

marsprite
Aug 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
I'm not working on translation, just to be clear if you got that impression. All I know of japanese are words i learned from anime. and that's no vocabulary.. read it? HA! I recognize the basic no and wa characters, thats about it. English sucks, but its the only language of speech that i know to fluency.

Anyway, long story short, my project is simply to see huw much unreleased content i can make the game divulge without an update. My purpose in asking for information and offering some of mine is that there is a great deal of crossover in the two areas of research. What someone working on translation knows may benefit me to know, and vica-versa.

Also, If we can dig deep enough in the resource files, modification of the network protocols may make it possible set up an easier system of connection. The current system seems unnecessarily difficult to utilize via xlink kai. Hiding it in some of login/lobby shell might make a private phantasy star portable online game possible. Other interesting possibilities include adding items, or modifying them.

Darksidehearts
Aug 2, 2008, 03:55 PM
I do think this is a good idea for those who would like to better understand the game especially if they do not know Japanese that well. Personally speaking though from watching years of anime both subbed and unsubbed (not Amerime original JP) I know a bit of Japanese not to mention if you've played PSU enough you should know the controls and what everything does but that doesn't mean you should be limited to that. It's not that people are lazy for not learning the language to play a game like this but for many people it's something that isn't easy to get into.

An english patch is something that will span some game like this to many more people in the PSP community and the PSU realm as well. This is something that should be celebrated really, as this opens doors to a farther expanding player bases (more people to play with in general). A lot of people I know tend not to play with me as I have many JP games and they don't get what's going on, and I have to keep explaining it. Somehow the concept of the X and O being reversed is something that's too difficult to get. Personally speaking I find the O easier to use for accepting. Well anyway they say they would be more into the games if their was an english element to it like Guilty Gear or the Bleach Heat The Soul games you know?

Well anyway I suppose it's all up to what you want and what you feel makes the game more comfortable to you. I have no issue with the JP vocals or text at all, in fact I feel that's what makes the game even better really but it's nice to see that there is an ability to open it to other players in order to increase the community further.

tacticalbread
Aug 3, 2008, 01:42 AM
I dont see a reason not to... As long as you are doing it, (Mi espanol es no bueno) lol, Seriously
I'm rusty... I'm trying to decompress the file, I think the .fpb is a wrapper not a format... I'll keep u posted.. As for the translation i probly won't have time for it all; So if i do manage to extract it, I'll post all the kata and let u guys transcribe into english, espanol , italiano, ect. Oh btw i hate English (sad language) that is why i know other languages lol..

I have the time and the will to make a simple menu translation, so if you get the file.fbp extracted, please let me know. (:

_kenchin_
Aug 4, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ok, I'm making progress i think.... I'll keep you posted(forgot to install my japanese language pack....lol )

_kenchin_
Aug 5, 2008, 02:37 AM
here i go....

[SPOILER-BOX]謟ࠈ九䟰଀獰⵵潲⹭汥⹦穢2詳냊琴쎤䯗떝ꍜ浬䭠Კ쏲䖝쎷藍ぁ䉉捻꾂譄蝑ꉷ䒈�뙏Ǐʘ씱�鱯凫偮鵤ೡ蜢ᤃ尐 䑩ꅞᓧ꽻链鄜瞣￵녉䲈䛹ഃ⽜愰蜰뫲�ꪄ㧮ꯣ芐篿騲院蜵Z�줬ꮞ汹斑뫩⠲눞龦⺲춊斜篏গ�ᥛ袨⥓�弁 䋑᳾ꢁ䑏�Ἠ耸삈灿�㾠骬抱栞�蝨瓬⩺憎°꒰糫贩찰脎漣ㅳ঱ﻶ櫼㒄礦꒩䵬뵢䧚㔮ː䍝銰첦놇拼넛 甀씄ہ嗡鋪強籎깡✱ྐྵʜ춓擴牨⿍๙ᦓ涹⮡鉅鱪ꅙ槽쨁ꖳ䭣춅㐥┾歝�鞒筇﫡再倮趀㞻ף쩤ⲵ⾿⇫誵짲 敜㥔鋧ݱ�쏇炼�ﻪプ텸瀉뇤എྲ䴃ਸఒ␠풻ɦᙛ辟褛㑂炻ೀ貰ꨣ�개烨꿄抎�᫏ᚫ᫆ꮢ쎐鯱ᦸ눬ꂧ�唖醠 ઐꟑ쓋ො䥚䨀鵦㘽鋙鬬媺�8✾क㱩堔ힽಯ樨⇝鹻䡊穚谙╲㡜嫕歪瘅氱꧛쇟…桵ﺏЉ䐬밖燁즌虼遾꛲�쥣 ᆷ爡탧騂⑁὆潝抛㓪ṗබ�銇斆儕呬劯え擝ꕭ輻孷��䞻䔭ྜྷ髮䷀ৼ钮㚣夌᫋는은溜矕枣왗㲴蔧꟏ ꔦ嶱訉纠≱ᥴꮖ�ʁ⭮ञ찝纘횇嚳炈璱絆鄝袤女ꓻ㓌⽚㮈쎴ퟲဂ፞㞾鏹勳ᙏ햷괳郴洞赫ᖭ筧�쯨䨃⌎졯�੫ 块ዲ城䫪⦁蠱䉴遠辽ھ횑䅮ੀ귨催瀴��켒ꬶ苿닳븥娵흏豴䥪휂㣁ꝯⶣƑ㊵♝럊嗓眸겒؜Ꝏ힍⥑䁈蝢靔প⌵ ꈇᏽ墳﹣쀣⌿⹓夌ኍᵑ顯쎌穎廔띱ᩂ귊色ӊ�앣發Ⳉ뜦悆⹐ꪆ胟挨弒Ƽ걤㵰⊲ᒐ粴୫뉥䉃暴嬤咫솚닋楿㚓೪잔 ८ꓵ뼿�鼻࿋貆༏蜡蜛鲬⠀摈ᨠ㼫Ȕ鼴ﱼ葼<굷Ჳ慈㬛麂뽶ⵛ⑓ᘹꩴⳒ웓㸃꣦靮꿤ᛛ堕넑㉀眗⎳ ䷗二ቹ零컱噇ᱽ๛嵼Ⲙꮹ꩚ᠪྶ沴ዋ湫陯댂ȥꪓ䇵잌꬐罚忚≯櫚뀫舐䐯䴌ȝꔏ董橤饒ꏛ퀩溡鿾簴솲⺫魾 覟鄘ᘸ蚴饘패⫏Ⱶ囊雕齓ኛ膻䯟✾켎䱣儽쑼膗ঁ蠥쁔鹻숮禞癒àዟ쯚脛龄൚布䘖召뉥쁑갈輸ퟐ썸췏ߏ쨉❹ 滅흔沒璫ᕅ↦耓佾ぽ嶏鹘﵋⋯팮룐奞찿﫫�䶛刟钦蕥豃幪㯇⨇탏ꊂ扰蜼ꔛ쾟焝퀄긂ؐ�℩⃆莺䀵텈죡道癧 柚歯繢惭豋醚ၧ퉆ȩ䡖珝ᶯ䩣랮⳯骚霮ֆ픚㰆鏋췹鈆縒鳐홡뜕ੀ䡝껤钷겻敐踘处શ稐롌꘢健冊ꐹ泪䷍墩 澲ῷ跬췭乃덓囅⃷浝䱻溚۞㹤嫿킞ᄵ癏嚱㾔굎铘됷莏䢘㟚ꮑ簮튥宋뛍칮⌋迅ᜒ壝ᜈ敹櫿羋沒戂㡅꩕쐩䮳 㞍⇏掭ቨ⛜揶㙘㲼偃ꕑ䣐坋릆ꃶ浙톹︼�♔륭Ґ瑛圶㎎뾿䎣ﷰ⾫ꃞ魥ꖫⵌ䩾ك瀲�껯Сꀏ녬隶ܞ䊿䴓 쵳䞗쐢韃혬쾕债櫈�ᯪꞚ충툜倒䋇ಖ潼衭⡹傮焉ې綬洨馃𧻓䵥䑓�킝쓧纱ᖠ噑洋䃤ٹ�㵹샃蓐愷鳢셬摻饇腬撴 ꯣ礕⯙⇱홲毽鋯쁋揘락נּ쁽�㲦듄욅퐂칺)魚૏姪赅닆苣㞳䗏㶵᷍䐌峮뜨蕙ꊇ쏊ú쩮璮⪐怜�녪腦ᮔ㏬ 阈夞㒌ᭉ鄢ឤ⥵䛶룵쀵希댒ਦฒ�ꪵ�䞢唎ࡻ耛쨽涭↬ﻭ妔遀鲌摏죇岘겗뗡⻙ᅄ쀎ᙲ﷒紝ⴀﱬ뒡瑆艣컬 깅粟ቛീ㪀⌰輋莁Α巢溷⟺觼▢笹ꮦᆲꞦ駖뜖䕭蠺᠇꟔ণ↌媴捻ၻ⻻�ꀣلꗅ䱰흝Ὄ윞闹뺍澬笏쌵Ἷ괘嚘 灭�쟷�맰먃愮뷙띖ꑼ䮸嵮�ꢊ戒抄⤂ﳧ趁䲐㱬ꌎꔢ梵냧헓㽮絷蝤蕡鈟㳜鉾ᘠđ眞棜ⲱ䑮啭涵憆枹�朤ﭾ護岴壟 ⺉䱝Ⱪⓓ떣ꇐ䞀矘둍讻ᄆ읠弶輻툷宴馏驾ࡊꦔ娞ퟒ롣賎㽵譭厰㱓⋂귘웰ഘᑾ෬鴻蚉高鐡ㄊ⋋ꌕ嶵퉡옥뚽蝋 ᴽꛐ톎렏궷Ʊ䰾࿹켗帡ϴ㾹㑵痚꣑燘쑇笴꿲짿뾤�’₃䯻頇禤턩䠏哸ꘈ漌᫬ꊭ旅쐐ꍬ䃭쾯、⥐澝潽�䊎퀆 趥☫퓄뤎ǭ앓啓莼⵺闘ṵﭫ﹝圧⟀䡡悈耇誖㫫쳳㱾孻尷ஃⓞ崷迒蒻鲘㕎欣蛥嶽珃瘟櫠ፕ�읮⚂耦ꖭꡠ虫쓋 猠۲誔屚퐉⿐覺⇻飖꽍⊎鑘᫯�뵊冉ꔉ멢닌ẟᗇ係劇웉鵜ᜭ芻督仾各첥�ᢅጰ䖮鿤⍚矤䫭︶珌벻ﻭ ഑嚶ᆭ쬠鍗육桐泆ﹸޣ鰂⻣沼쪂欛벆Ш⬿꣙䎆폙욘碬㬬座舿㒣㭴˴緑핒⚦̽鈢⌾ᰩ䁮㹍쪌렞欝ᐩ਀䝒 㓿ꝳᥫ㡈"�︝业䑠᥺萴䕼⹇섭ⷾꘖ뮐濳﬛ᝪ넓鹈췃笻᯽鰭枪ྥ揦䘁쓺걞ⲻゅ⏒鯆絏砶ᢒ驣怠莨缓䔧㡼쑷ꋲޱ﫰䬫ን 랙郼렝嫯긑煾帠셼뚀隹㖇ㄺꟛ៸靱毚ꧫ臊�ꮕ騔눉⡬閲ဝ尰濲肟ⴉ汎梼츃鰊摹够蚞煟ᒎ指銞໤쒄츧诨ꁿ⚼߳ ﻓת殔ꋾ텈䴀缕跚鯠⸗畚뺧﫼죦஫ᓏ핅㕫ﱻጫ냁焜冾吥牠陕봭ࡀ㣙ᘖᏭ쩱詽≿뷎퀼쐉큺᳘࿆᭳곴씆 绻态穡唇鶴혗׶膨ᱞ〪�㏚ࠐ恽䲇䟃濄箿ࡁ鋃좺㚙뺏裸剨掜䜇ꕙꆍ柣ឫ삋㇅ꕲ癭㍵拞⡁툒醱싁瘾䏞 胛莞ͺ袁˂戒씙�੩奵此ﺢ�䷴ꬅ旊ꣿ敱袳⷏₌腸䚷匴⻧劧�차ꞏ⃩裀睼蜅夹᱐勮ᱰ雫蟕禴ᥲ�䦼キᄍ颍똛㮾 좮Ὡ菽줏ੀ괛᧒ᰪ쫋氷䉝趌�㣛맄殄鉈죺춮㽶שּⴻ띡⟽㥟⧾쎺㫎깉雄୔�乏J鐽塪蝍뱑렶�餐攁邲⼵鮬涚棾涧 㧵择�Σ뉁柄솠࿶탏䬍㕠뷉쩐꽠魗卵糮ዬ⚲㨪ᕄ꓋녞뀡ﰛ䲳ꏭব逌ⶑꨡᗸ圁ᅳ苴㱉柳纣ᥤừ䱤燰尋૏硙喵 �貀䱘ຓఎꆍ뢸┯⻾筑둰䍨෈歛䭼蒀ꨬ䔄醠ଥ拠踼ⶮ䍀褔㛰ツ톉뚬箖펨◎¦ឪ笜Ꞛ뽃継₅쵘䍇隸᯼溺෴褴鰏 訳全שּ暶齉�萛堸ぞᕼ骓ꜽ픤欋꽲䡚�嬉췘⺥蓬莋衛鹻皥ᩬ樟ﺿ᧎ꏂ嬧᫭胁᪹旲铇밃帳퇕뿾慮悛邈 歀N܌౭㪑국┕挆䡵⋦齹樻퉧㺑�⌖쯀搿洷阶䭚뜍糯蚎禥씴힭㝊恵甲呠⯋匦�谁촡ꃸ獝ᇷ㪬猡礕扭득䗦臹砷 街⁜䘦芆㐷᧩猲䥓Ϫ坎ﺷ᱇⭏仈窙�⊻Ṣ昨⮹⨛ힹ暢੺㩁ꤤ믟翯놌닫歹榹糉恧㹲竛븵낱幾ۗ튴淞บᆝ╟ 镁⫚꧝省ᱭ뒰ꦑ죛鶼솞麓䱄⪕륯ࡉ쐐ᳶ푕睃襀垴껜ࡸȿ熅靧⼘�㊻ĘД뿗乘܆枤뚥ﲋꐗ计䓺ઓ薟웡컁ឥ�¼郋 큍ឭ⏸ㆶꑆ⢰꿗麼뺌凨㜸價灇콻憁ὴᾃ蔳拔謴쑻㖧ィ⪣㼫힏匣딯톯湌듢擥】存쇱�츾㦆毜蒅`椬輼廻䲴퇭姑溟 뺩�⮒奜禗⏌⤂襉a洦ࡌ︤ࡠﵦ쯗錄滴竜沓⍪㡋뼘轹ㇱカ켚쭵᪐仑ꘈ溾䴂∥尔఻୏썵僰侮큾鑣ᄆ퓫ᮧ섊 㪷䬫䬂�෢媩䉼쏋ㄴ輓⫪륱ᔕﮨ纳핔枮럛鍞ጷᥖ㽑撑ૺච�ॶ�࠰蛠賘욚먎撰겵쉗ヺ㋳⹏㚯菨ᇩ틼覰ᗰ䈠퇥 꿾袋荭뫉ㅽ璵龎⟿鹗⯏狚耘鸊䂏顟ᓑ솭ᴿ졌᥷髖ዡﳭ楂셃㙀贝癥뜣䉎彪떱ཾ柾막ᘧ휷첟ꎐ뿝좱훖 ➤�䦴带勬뾖෶�ᶁ뺰㶦濭셓ᣇ�瓎⁈頢ୠ삱䅏䶔垏评圸啺㟅௩槅ધ硭牴᭙⥆⒑�幱梺贊⯦罽魘ㄠ㑚䉰볤矆㖽㠶 鰏ﯲ鰎咼훟꼸㜢㦄䈄馮믮⪧춷匸⸜喠ⴤ킉筚桫逝ꉏ烎涇ⅹ�넷뫺쯀팡凔ݭ㙛쯁ዎ햯㷚✨퓏럧鸅戹垌增 萚士ၙ柉౨葇皖왥䪆ᅦ墣᱅Ԝ䳕뎉둀⎊홌慼櫩卉裲ኈ画憙넄﭅挒↻ˌ帨ᔉ菁ປ孢댔縷阪ḽ샊旾᥄疸佫螄ჾꖫ좞䟌 �纛뻹ᄅ�䋖琹咂㋩妼캙䈭添ⷻ褘�찪徺ూ�롹芎䤝嗊먾膷흏᜕�ෝ呺鐅ᄍ腾흠궄䅶䪀ꖝ쬨﷦瞉삎 㷍⏨秝볇䓆刋魇ବ靷ᖃ쓮ᝲᆯᓔ�隲啨싌股祉䈫⑅澅ꩆ뷰壥❚ﱚ⤩㜒�ᝅ䝠켲碩련菦颅饉窳旋㕥坄汛簥 ן〔遭蛺蘎坰䧋욓瑜ꑵ懠爟宮ビ쾘ꀮ蟩∬䛣▱꒓录秼㘚鑏릥ퟲ秛絲⏐釾쐅䦕埽铑従聎튴᧕웾饖佻꣱ӄ⢉� 슲��掓椠鉰⾸ﴺ䀈ꀎ륜蚑甙ᓯ撨⯻층룿礿鳀멊⡀ﳨ桘ﹾ쏉䖑볊詥懕便ḓ믌饌ᑼ췱잆⯮妍⤟֫꭬욈쬐 冶䯵㒌䰒⃋ﶮ䏰ᤌ웛䈙ꕓꁫ⑻Ŗ좞ⓘ皧鉦昍黬廞夥❂柪쒏툜ݕå烋ᕋ霢ⴏ⻜ꯗ꾇贏린㳑ꠢ笴귌뺯ع睥ꐔ풕 Ϥ䂳灣ᦆ툄刳 羀뻭핼ꛗﶅ⍪푸챔梏츸䜏讝鯬⃘꺾雑⹅센㧃ꧻ⻯㣫裚ݚ䐂漏踫⏌Ʞ삲㊎艳揅剤奚妍픛 㹌황埊䆌훩琅⥱㳡쨐枻⯍榹즧Ⓔ뎢垢긯㯼貿쁅䨓ꘫ걭ềበ鋵뉪괕勔⑰뚠된뷭ݛ覾혌輼袮昹龢듧募慸酯Ṣ ḻ㕟彑ദ氿숺냰㌧뢵㯡闓ᇿ챣㱨䇏䰨쑦㒊琸練혅≐纍듫ൄ膌濝⒰淹剕쿛뷙鱱ꑮ쒵蚛뻴ᤠ�湌尮律�좼쮛બ *娔慦㽱䑡ꆾ흄慰ⳇ挫駵像捎ⷍ䋷䯃ꊧ牷䜊瓚늲䜹䇞縋ၖ领陵믫ཕ폦䣗娃᠛뿲䜨싃驱섓ﰏ롗Ἆ≖饮硄︑ 小풥钛㢫眨蹅ܭ㵤ߋ焫늏赸诮鶃س⹮͜鍃ࢉ诤㦤쵍犼숯웺便呗鮗࡙諕騎鳨뉩쾸陗믹㗷潪먈噢썘궭픕০≡ 轀嵠뮩氹煛굡⎟歍띳៚�羹䋳멈䔙簓诫귺㴠䎜齴ᚽꮂ㘏왵踥পǥ䩩⅒ČѤ邋Ẵ놲ﳏⴶᐨᤳᧉ摈贗㓙䶻⟮ 㰷ꥃ摽禕ꊬ᝔䷯⾒㥺슙楡ט�覿銤苆蓼汏ݽ춆쏊编��糽랅핦葞瞿盌�퐼杰튩�鰞䗷븲憱荙戦搸編ꮒ 䴒ਚ불恰9䙿틉쵽Lj뮭빃砮༦걾校멢㩡뺞濚⻘翢ꘚ㎀쑫룒ĕȋ㧒ûგ푏擅ߍ靖猤桒ᤡ媊ಣ䏒਍ո 뫲ﴩ畿῝揇慨螝廞Ᲊႃ桪꒾愚灛뤤踾⡶ܖ᤯앧텖ﱙ肙⊭╹恲쨯ᐖ펍笺⠇̬쟰掺쪚鉼撾┣倶甋ᴛ蜪ꌁ苡⊽䏣 င렙묧瑿䈪쨊὆섏⌺ᨶ꽵顒烶烈鑡譣碴䋀开⼽⇜鐑踸ꢍ玙ᝐ頷좳ཕˠ큅둦쁶㇮╙彇ꣴ�箻忨㲝泖Ψ监鵄䬣싦 밮栆︋㗓ౕ㫈竓䀃쾥ﮁ䰞䅃矇ł괂蚟喦홁긅�䉦�챠憗匫㞄䃡惘䁴熏喠㌬贈㳳�鴅ⲥ陥ը뽱邫囃ེ뷺ᦍ࣓ �춝瑡몆⏽棒疄暁즶䱀Ჷ챢꿯唼⾎�肰냐㗔軖[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's about 7%of it all. Any one just take a look over and see if this is what we need(menu, items, descriptions ect....)

Flibbo
Aug 5, 2008, 03:00 AM
Nice try but that is not a properly decompressed file. You must have used the wrong method or guessed wrong on the type. There are WAY too many black boxes "�" and I'm seeing kanji, chinese characters, arabic, and meaningless symbols your system plugged in place of unrecognizable characters. Good try man, but that doesn't seem to be the answer. Keep fighting the good fight though. I salute you, sir!

_kenchin_
Aug 5, 2008, 03:05 AM
yea i figured as much, its progress though.....i'm tired now i'll get back on it tommorrow...

AnamanaAU
Aug 5, 2008, 04:30 AM
OMG that text contains spoilers.

AC9breaker
Aug 5, 2008, 04:35 AM
OH SHI- KURTZ AND LOU GET MARRIED???!?!?

.newzero
Aug 5, 2008, 06:20 AM
OH SHI- KURTZ AND LOU GET MARRIED???!?!?

I lol'd hard ^^

_kenshin_, that doesn't look like something to translate. Too much garbage

Killy
Aug 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah. Fun things.

Here what i see. (And everyone can see.)

Content of file.fpb looks very similar to PSU data files. Lets see:

Fragment of file.fpb:
0000 : 54 4D 4C 4C 02 00 00 00 E0 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 TMLL............
0010 : 00 85 01 00 F2 FB 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
0020 : 4E 4E 56 52 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 NNVR`...........
0030 : F9 53 6B 17 11 12 34 41 87 9B C6 47 FB EC C0 09 .Sk...4A...G....
0040 : FC B3 E7 4D E5 FA DE D3 7E 60 21 AD 70 2A 74 8D ...M....~`!.p*t.
0050 : 3E FD BE 0F CB 91 DB AC 7E 60 21 AD 70 2A 74 8D >.......~`!.p*t.
0060 : 47 42 49 58 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 GBIX............
0070 : 50 56 52 54 18 04 01 00 05 50 00 00 00 01 00 01 PVRT.....P......
0080 : 4E 4E 56 52 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 NNVR`...........
0090 : C7 8C CB B7 B0 58 59 A5 6B 9E 52 B5 3D A1 FA A1 .....XY.k.R.=...
00A0 : 6B A6 3A 95 4C 68 B0 88 7E 60 21 AD 70 2A 74 8D k.:.Lh..~`!.p*t.
00B0 : C5 6D BF F6 70 78 31 14 7E 60 21 AD 70 2A 74 8D .m..px1.~`!.p*t.
00C0 : 47 42 49 58 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 GBIX............
00D0 : 50 56 52 54 58 80 00 00 04 50 00 00 00 01 00 01 PVRTX....P......

Fragment of PSUAOI\DATA\fedddeb31aa115dc800bfb926dd895c3 file:
Offset 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F

00021800 54 4D 4C 4C 02 00 00 00 A0 13 00 00 34 00 00 00 TMLL....*...4...
00021810 80 86 0F 00 58 63 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Ђ†..Xc..........
00021820 4E 4E 56 52 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 NNVR`...........
00021830 10 C9 BA B9 B3 44 00 9F F6 0B 80 F2 69 C5 1F 4C .Йє№іD.џц.ЂтiЕ.L
00021840 08 90 8F 1E 67 FD 39 9F 37 6D 12 8D CA 86 1A 2C .ђЏ.gэ9џ7m.ЌК†.,
00021850 F1 A9 29 A7 E7 93 45 5C 37 6D 12 8D CA 86 1A 2C с©)§з“E7m.ЌК†.,
00021860 47 42 49 58 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 GBIX............
00021870 50 56 52 54 28 00 01 00 06 70 00 00 80 00 80 00 PVRT(....p..Ђ.Ђ.
00021880 4E 4E 56 52 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 NNVR`...........
00021890 6A BC 44 9E F5 AB D9 6E A7 DD 15 62 51 A7 1A 1D jјDћх«Щn§Э.bQ§..
000218A0 BF CF 65 A8 AF 9E 07 98 2F 56 A4 AA 22 7E 94 77 їПeЁЇћ.˜/V¤Є"~”w
000218B0 D7 C8 C0 A4 91 2B 0C EB 37 6D 12 8D CA 86 1A 2C ЧИА¤‘+.л7m.ЌК†.,
000218C0 47 42 49 58 08 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 GBIX............
000218D0 50 56 52 54 28 40 00 00 06 70 00 00 40 00 40 00 PVRT(@...p..@.@.

I think, each such block somehow describes the block of data following it. There must be graphics, models, maps, sounds, scripts etc. But i have no idea how they're compressed.

If there any things about decompressing PSU resource files? IMO its a key.

pith
Aug 5, 2008, 11:31 AM
If they actually match up that closely, an english patch for the menu's based from PSU should be easier than from scratch a la Monster Hunter.

Actually, I just took a look again, and I think you have the answer there... We need to figure out how to ask the question...

The last column is what the hex says 54 4D 4C 4C... = TMLL...

T=54
M=4D
L=4C

Check it, I am sure.

But what does it mean, I have no idea at all.

Ken_Silver
Aug 5, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm like a pirate lost at sea... Hate to interrupt, but I just want to make sure I got a grasp on things.

An English Patch CAN be made, but the person who made this thread is not interested in making one? Just letting us know that it is possible.

Either way, that is great news. I do want a story translation, more than anything else, but I rather you guys do what you want to do first, THEN decide to fufill the wishes of the community. All in all, I wish you good luck! :D

zonron
Aug 6, 2008, 01:56 AM
I'm like a pirate lost at sea... Hate to interrupt, but I just want to make sure I got a grasp on things.

An English Patch CAN be made, but the person who made this thread is not interested in making one? Just letting us know that it is possible.

Either way, that is great news. I do want a story translation, more than anything else, but I rather you guys do what you want to do first, THEN decide to fufill the wishes of the community. All in all, I wish you good luck! :D

and then it was spoken, and all was well in the thread again XD

marsprite
Aug 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
Well, regardless of whether or not he's taking on the whole project, he is figuring out things that would be very useful, and important to anyone attempting a translation, so don't worry about it, translations don't have to be done by one sole individual.

_kenchin_
Aug 6, 2008, 03:51 PM
oh boy ... this file.fpb is being a bitch......i have no idea what compression methods where used... the boost.fpb is a gzip archive i think but not the file.fpb.

oh well... anyway i found out that the file.fpb does time checks for the japanese winter ~mar 31 and spring....

_kenchin_
Aug 6, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ok may be I'm going at this the wrong way... Maybe what i need to do is play my psp and use
cw cheat to find the txt strings and replace them i think this will be easier because the file.fpb will be running (open), but this will have a lot of limitations; I think we'll only get the items and menu's done like this....

onehandsolo
Aug 8, 2008, 11:20 PM
Ok so basicly if you need any help at all i would contact this team of people with any questions regarding ISO's you have

They made a successful translation patch for monster hunter portable 2-G

and are very experienced at doing this type of work

Here's a link to there home page and if there is anything i can do to help i'll try
http://www.teamhgg.org/2008/06/17/wot-english-v22-english-pack-for-papimeru-patcher-is-out/

Really looking forward to a menu patch of this game so i can actually start playing it lol that's why i registered up on here and everything

onehandsolo
Aug 9, 2008, 12:04 AM
Update , i was just reviewing the ISO files decompressed and noticed there is a file called Libfont.prx

It seem's like to contains all the Language character but it's encrypted and when i try to decrypt it asks for a password , im using jv16 power tools to try and edit the prx's but they seem to all be encrypted or something

Hmm i wonder what would happen if i replace libfont.prx with an english one and then re-build the eboot and run it

would that work ?

_kenchin_
Aug 9, 2008, 12:33 AM
i was thinking that as well, i looked into team hgg feel free to contact them if u can. As fo the libfont.prx the problem is that katakana is not letter for letter like english

Example

English is spelled: E N G L I S H

Katakana is spelled: KA TA KA NA

Though it would be worth looking into. Contact team hgg asap.. oh here's my number

[EDIT]PM ME FOR MY NUMBER<<<

Feel free to call me and give them my mumber

Tyreek
Aug 9, 2008, 12:41 AM
Its nice to know that you guys are serious about this. Oh and kenchin, I'd be careful about posting your number on here. You may wanna PM that to be safe. You never know who'll prank you and what not lol.

onehandsolo
Aug 9, 2008, 12:41 AM
Ok so im starting to work on the file.fpb i just wish someone would explain to me how the Japanese characters are represented in hex format because when i opened the file.fbp the top line is in some english

as my hex converter tells me but then it is all encoded and i dont / cant see the Japanese symbols used as a font to try and replace them

(maybe this is because i dont have the language installed on my computer?) or does the computer interpret the Japanese in a different way?

I have been working with custom firmware / hex editing for a while , im not an expert or anything but i have no clue about any of this Japanese stuff , thats the part i need help on

_kenchin_
Aug 9, 2008, 12:49 AM
Its nice to know that you guys are serious about this. Oh and kenchin, I'd be careful about posting your number on here. You may wanna PM that to be safe. You never know who'll prank you and what not lol.

Advice Taken, But as this is a site for Phantasy Star fans , most would rather hunt items or level rather than wasting time pranking people.

Besides i would hope that the people in this community have enough self respect,
and maturity to act accordingly.

Ok so im starting to work on the file.fpb i just wish someone would explain to me how the Japanese characters are represented in hex format because when i opened the file.fbp the top line is in some english

as my hex converter tells me but then it is all encoded and i dont / cant see the Japanese symbols used as a font to try and replace them

(maybe this is because i dont have the language installed on my computer?) or does the computer interpret the Japanese in a different way?

I have been working with custom firmware / hex editing for a while , im not an expert or anything but i have no clue about any of this Japanese stuff , thats the part i need help on

Actually i think that method would require you to decompress the file.fbp
anyway here's the unicode hex and dec values for katakana.

EDIT: Here is a link (http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/katakana.html)
[SPOILER-BOX]
Character Character
(decimal) (hex)
Decimal Hex Name
゠ 12448 ゠ 30A0 KATAKANA-HIRAGANA DOUBLE HYPHEN
ァ 12449 ァ 30A1 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL A
ア 12450 ア 30A2 KATAKANA LETTER A
ィ 12451 ィ 30A3 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL I
イ 12452 イ 30A4 KATAKANA LETTER I
ゥ 12453 ゥ 30A5 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL U
ウ 12454 ウ 30A6 KATAKANA LETTER U
ェ 12455 ェ 30A7 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL E
エ 12456 エ 30A8 KATAKANA LETTER E
ォ 12457 ォ 30A9 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL O
オ 12458 オ 30AA KATAKANA LETTER O
カ 12459 カ 30AB KATAKANA LETTER KA
ガ 12460 ガ 30AC KATAKANA LETTER GA
キ 12461 キ 30AD KATAKANA LETTER KI
ギ 12462 ギ 30AE KATAKANA LETTER GI
ク 12463 ク 30AF KATAKANA LETTER KU
グ 12464 グ 30B0 KATAKANA LETTER GU
ケ 12465 ケ 30B1 KATAKANA LETTER KE
ゲ 12466 ゲ 30B2 KATAKANA LETTER GE
コ 12467 コ 30B3 KATAKANA LETTER KO
ゴ 12468 ゴ 30B4 KATAKANA LETTER GO
サ 12469 サ 30B5 KATAKANA LETTER SA
ザ 12470 ザ 30B6 KATAKANA LETTER ZA
シ 12471 シ 30B7 KATAKANA LETTER SI
ジ 12472 ジ 30B8 KATAKANA LETTER ZI
ス 12473 ス 30B9 KATAKANA LETTER SU
ズ 12474 ズ 30BA KATAKANA LETTER ZU
セ 12475 セ 30BB KATAKANA LETTER SE
ゼ 12476 ゼ 30BC KATAKANA LETTER ZE
ソ 12477 ソ 30BD KATAKANA LETTER SO
ゾ 12478 ゾ 30BE KATAKANA LETTER ZO
タ 12479 タ 30BF KATAKANA LETTER TA
ダ 12480 ダ 30C0 KATAKANA LETTER DA
チ 12481 チ 30C1 KATAKANA LETTER TI
ヂ 12482 ヂ 30C2 KATAKANA LETTER DI
ッ 12483 ッ 30C3 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL TU
ツ 12484 ツ 30C4 KATAKANA LETTER TU
ヅ 12485 ヅ 30C5 KATAKANA LETTER DU
テ 12486 テ 30C6 KATAKANA LETTER TE
デ 12487 デ 30C7 KATAKANA LETTER DE
ト 12488 ト 30C8 KATAKANA LETTER TO
ド 12489 ド 30C9 KATAKANA LETTER DO
ナ 12490 ナ 30CA KATAKANA LETTER NA
ニ 12491 ニ 30CB KATAKANA LETTER NI
ヌ 12492 ヌ 30CC KATAKANA LETTER NU
ネ 12493 ネ 30CD KATAKANA LETTER NE
ノ 12494 ノ 30CE KATAKANA LETTER NO
ハ 12495 ハ 30CF KATAKANA LETTER HA
バ 12496 バ 30D0 KATAKANA LETTER BA
パ 12497 パ 30D1 KATAKANA LETTER PA
ヒ 12498 ヒ 30D2 KATAKANA LETTER HI
ビ 12499 ビ 30D3 KATAKANA LETTER BI
ピ 12500 ピ 30D4 KATAKANA LETTER PI
フ 12501 フ 30D5 KATAKANA LETTER HU
ブ 12502 ブ 30D6 KATAKANA LETTER BU
プ 12503 プ 30D7 KATAKANA LETTER PU
ヘ 12504 ヘ 30D8 KATAKANA LETTER HE
ベ 12505 ベ 30D9 KATAKANA LETTER BE
ペ 12506 ペ 30DA KATAKANA LETTER PE
ホ 12507 ホ 30DB KATAKANA LETTER HO
ボ 12508 ボ 30DC KATAKANA LETTER BO
ポ 12509 ポ 30DD KATAKANA LETTER PO
マ 12510 マ 30DE KATAKANA LETTER MA
ミ 12511 ミ 30DF KATAKANA LETTER MI
ム 12512 ム 30E0 KATAKANA LETTER MU
メ 12513 メ 30E1 KATAKANA LETTER ME
モ 12514 モ 30E2 KATAKANA LETTER MO
ャ 12515 ャ 30E3 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL YA
ヤ 12516 ヤ 30E4 KATAKANA LETTER YA
ュ 12517 ュ 30E5 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL YU
ユ 12518 ユ 30E6 KATAKANA LETTER YU
ョ 12519 ョ 30E7 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL YO
ヨ 12520 ヨ 30E8 KATAKANA LETTER YO
ラ 12521 ラ 30E9 KATAKANA LETTER RA
リ 12522 リ 30EA KATAKANA LETTER RI
ル 12523 ル 30EB KATAKANA LETTER RU
レ 12524 レ 30EC KATAKANA LETTER RE
ロ 12525 ロ 30ED KATAKANA LETTER RO
ヮ 12526 ヮ 30EE KATAKANA LETTER SMALL WA
ワ 12527 ワ 30EF KATAKANA LETTER WA
ヰ 12528 ヰ 30F0 KATAKANA LETTER WI
ヱ 12529 ヱ 30F1 KATAKANA LETTER WE
ヲ 12530 ヲ 30F2 KATAKANA LETTER WO
ン 12531 ン 30F3 KATAKANA LETTER N
ヴ 12532 ヴ 30F4 KATAKANA LETTER VU
ヵ 12533 ヵ 30F5 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL KA
ヶ 12534 ヶ 30F6 KATAKANA LETTER SMALL KE
ヷ 12535 ヷ 30F7 KATAKANA LETTER VA
ヸ 12536 ヸ 30F8 KATAKANA LETTER VI
ヹ 12537 ヹ 30F9 KATAKANA LETTER VE
ヺ 12538 ヺ 30FA KATAKANA LETTER VO
・ 12539 ・ 30FB KATAKANA MIDDLE DOT
ー 12540 ー 30FC KATAKANA-HIRAGANA PROLONGED SOUND MARK
ヽ 12541 ヽ 30FD KATAKANA ITERATION MARK
ヾ 12542 ヾ 30FE KATAKANA VOICED ITERATION MARK
ヿ 12543 ヿ 30FF KATAKANA DIGRAPH KOTO[/SPOILER-BOX]

_kenchin_
Aug 9, 2008, 01:05 AM
you know, I haven't even tried to search for the values and replace them lol.....I guess I was sleepy...

yeongene
Aug 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
**UPDATE**

So i was about to go to sleep when onehandsolo contacted me about the patch, at about 2:30 in the morning.... Now its 6:56. After only that short while, Lets just say
things are looking really good for a English release....

SO as of 6:57 I'm announcing the formation of

Team Tsumikiri

kenchin
onehandsolo

yay! hope you guys do a good job. can't wait. :-P

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
If you guys are serious about this, you should totally get some website or a blog running or something.

You guys might also want to do something like the MOTHER 3 fanslation (http://mother3.fobby.net/about/), saying that if SEGA should announce an official English-language release, that you guys will stop your project. That would help keep away any potential litigious activity.

gbdallin
Aug 9, 2008, 12:58 PM
Also, I don't know if you guys have looked at the Monster Hunter Portable 2G English patch, but as far as I can tell, they just flash the ENGLISH.LGG file into the iso... I actually used it on Phantasy Star Portable, it flashed it, but it didn't do anything. However, i'll bet if you used a separate .lgg file for the english translation of this game, you could use it. I think that it didn't work because it needed a different order and code within the file itself, but at least we know we can flash the file into the iso...

beatrixkiddo
Aug 9, 2008, 01:00 PM
Also, I don't know if you guys have looked at the Monster Hunter Portable 2G English patch, but as far as I can tell, they just flash the ENGLISH.LGG file into the iso... I actually used it on Phantasy Star Portable, it flashed it, but it didn't do anything. However, i'll bet if you used a separate .lgg file for the english translation of this game, you could use it. I think that it didn't work because it needed a different order and code within the file itself, but at least we know we can flash the file into the iso...

Yeah I accidentally flashed my Phantasy Star Portable with their patch as well >_>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 9, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah I accidentally flashed my Phantasy Star PortableYeah, but you flash everything/one mirit bea?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah, but you flash everything/one mirit bea?

oh you. I'd be willing to assist with this patch venture, with my crappy Japanese skills and PSU knowledge.

onehandsolo
Aug 9, 2008, 11:23 PM

In response to this , we have taken careful consideration into the monster hunter patch and you must realize something..

SEGA is very protective of there file system ( in hope's to reduce cheating)

Everything has been encrypted and archived together so that no editing can be done to the game code

However we have successfully managed to change some of the code and the game accepted it , which is verry good news , this means a english patch wont cause the game to crash

However it's not just as easy as opening the ISO and seeing a language file

Rest assured tho we are diligently working on this night and day and lot's of progress has been made in a short ammount of time.

Tyreek
Aug 9, 2008, 11:52 PM
Good luck to you all who are making an English translaton possible.

Chimeria
Aug 10, 2008, 12:00 AM
And THANK YOU!!! :)

gbdallin
Aug 10, 2008, 01:03 AM
In response to this , we have taken careful consideration into the monster hunter patch and you must realize something..

SEGA is very protective of there file system ( in hope's to reduce cheating)

Everything has been encrypted and archived together so that no editing can be done to the game code

However we have successfully managed to change some of the code and the game accepted it , which is verry good news , this means a english patch wont cause the game to crash

However it's not just as easy as opening the ISO and seeing a language file

Rest assured tho we are diligently working on this night and day and lot's of progress has been made in a short ammount of time.

This is excellent news! What parts of the code were changed?

_kenchin_
Aug 10, 2008, 02:55 AM
This is excellent news! What parts of the code were changed?

At this time we are not releasing any info outside the team. Although it will eventually be released IF and WHEN it gets done, i have my reasons.

Also we are recruiting, if you have some programming know how please post what you know.

Just put a **JOIN TEAM** at the beginning.

Tycho
Aug 10, 2008, 07:18 AM
I'd be up for helping with translations. I wonder if anyone could find the dialogue files though. But to add to kenchin's post on the katakana hex earlier, the in-game text is encoded in UTF16 (little endian), no Shift-JIS or whatever. If you think you got past the encoding, just hex-search the whole thing for some in-game dialogue (there's some hex convertors out on the web).
Oh, I know this is going to smell of wiki when I say it, but if you do manage to track down the files/data, you should make it a public cooperative project so more people could help out.

jerkweed399
Aug 10, 2008, 04:08 PM
Isn't a european version coming out later this year?

_kenchin_
Aug 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
Isn't a European version coming out later this year?

Maybe, I don't know, If it does we will cease our operation. Otherwise we will continue our work.

gbdallin
Aug 10, 2008, 05:30 PM

I read very specifically that there would not be any english release. If I'm wrong, please post to where they announced it, because that would be great. In the mean time guys, please don't stop working on the patch :nerd:

Kizeragi
Aug 10, 2008, 06:10 PM

Next year, Christmas 2009 along with MHF2G.

_kenchin_
Aug 10, 2008, 06:33 PM
lol We'll probably be done by then ....lol

AnamanaAU
Aug 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'd be up for helping with translations. I wonder if anyone could find the dialogue files though. But to add to kenchin's post on the katakana hex earlier, the in-game text is encoded in UTF16 (little endian), no Shift-JIS or whatever. If you think you got past the encoding, just hex-search the whole thing for some in-game dialogue (there's some hex convertors out on the web).
Oh, I know this is going to smell of wiki when I say it, but if you do manage to track down the files/data, you should make it a public cooperative project so more people could help out.

The more public it is, the easier help will be to come by.

Broodstar1337
Aug 10, 2008, 06:57 PM
The more public it is, the easier help will be to come by.
And the more attention it'll attract especially from Sega.

Zarode
Aug 10, 2008, 07:37 PM
And the more attention it'll attract especially from Sega.

You worry too much.

Chimeria
Aug 10, 2008, 09:26 PM
You worry too much.
No he's right. Skies of Crimson got a little too public with the Monster Hunter Portable 2 G patch (I thank them for releasing that) and what happens to them? The whole damn site was shut down. PSO-world has been around for quite a while and it would suck if they suffered the same fate.

Ken_Silver
Aug 10, 2008, 10:12 PM
I read very specifically that there would not be any english release. If I'm wrong, please post to where they announced it, because that would be great. In the mean time guys, please don't stop working on the patch :nerd:

If this is true, point us in the direction of where they said there WON'T be an English release.

If such a statement was true, I think one of the PSOWorld mods or Espiokaos would have told us it or made a topic about it and have it stickied to the top of this fourm.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
No he's right. Skies of Crimson got a little too public with the Monster Hunter Portable 2 G patch (I thank them for releasing that) and what happens to them? The whole damn site was shut down. PSO-world has been around for quite a while and it would suck if they suffered the same fate.

They were taken down for that? Last I checked, the patch was the efforts of an independent team (Team HGG) whose site is up-and-running.

Chimeria
Aug 10, 2008, 10:29 PM
Skies actually posted a few different patches in the forums. But the team HGG one was the most popular. I heard that someone had Capcom had taken notice of the patch and actually told Skies to take it down and stop working on it. Even though the team HGG patch was the work of an independent team, Skies posted it on their site and publicized it. The HGG website was created a little bit after Skies had shut down so people could continue to download the patch after not being able to get it from SoC.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 10, 2008, 10:38 PM
lol at people who think Sega would care enough to shut down a fan-made patch.

If this actually happens, they'll find out sooner or later, and their response will be the same (most likely indifference, unless they actually are planning an English release). Making this a public project will just mean it gets done faster.

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. If Nintendo isn't fussed about a MOTHER 3 fanslation, I think it's safe to assume Sega won't whine about PSP, especially considering the former probably has a larger fanbase outside Japan anyway.

_kenchin_
Aug 10, 2008, 11:40 PM
lol at people who think Sega would care enough to shut down a fan-made patch.

If this actually happens, they'll find out sooner or later, and their response will be the same (most likely indifference, unless they actually are planning an English release). Making this a public project will just mean it gets done faster.

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. If Nintendo isn't fussed about a MOTHER 3 fanslation, I think it's safe to assume Sega won't whine about PSP, especially considering the former probably has a larger fanbase outside Japan anyway.

Well at the moment we have gained knowledge of the location of the files we intend to edit. As for a public posting... no. This patch attempt is for fans only,
and if you're a Phan<--(get it ? lol) your probably here already(or on your way).

I formed a team with a name, As not to have people say ""Yea the patch was mad by those pso-world guys"" All over the net, Instead the will say ""yea the patch was made by Team Tsumikiri"" which will effectively "safeguard" this site from any legality issues. Trust me i thought everything out, just leave it to Team Tsumikiri.

Remember, Word of mouth is faster than any net connection in existence. Use it properly.

gbdallin
Aug 11, 2008, 01:49 AM
Next year, Christmas 2009 along with MHF2G.

lol why bother i wonder? I've been playing MHF2G in english for EVER!

EDIT:

Well at the moment we have gained knowledge of the location of the files we intend to edit. As for a public posting... no. This patch attempt is for fans only,
and if you're a Phan<--(get it ? lol) your probably here already(or on your way).

I formed a team with a name, As not to have people say ""Yea the patch was mad by those pso-world guys"" All over the net, Instead the will say ""yea the patch was made by Team Tsumikiri"" which will effectively "safeguard" this site from any legality issues. Trust me i thought everything out, just leave it to Team Tsumikiri.

Remember, Word of mouth is faster than any net connection in existence. Use it properly.

Example of word of mouth? I am one of the newsposters and reviewers for PSP Slim Hacks. As soon as it comes out, Team Tsumikiri is going to have a whole bunch of fans lol.

EDIT: also, if you can find it, let me know where that english release was announced, I have a few websites to correct if that's true lol.

landman
Aug 11, 2008, 02:11 AM
That was not true but a joke, it has not been announced outside of Japan, but it hasn't been announced that it will not be released either.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 11, 2008, 02:13 AM
Like I said before, I'd be glad to join the team and help ;o

D14BL0
Aug 11, 2008, 02:42 AM
For those asking about the English release:

http://www.eurogamer.net/releases.php?platform=psp

This site says that there is going to be an EU release this year (December).

However, knowing Sega, this will be a slightly different version of PS:P than a simple localization. The Japanese and English versions of PSO aren't direct copies of each other. Items are different (some only exist in the Japanese version, some only in English, etc).

So an English patch may still be necessary for the JP version that we're all using right now, because the EU version will be different.

But if the English patch you guys are working on for JP isn't finished by then, you could take the data from the EU version to get most of the information from that. Chances are that Sega wants the EU and JP versions to be compatible with each other (I don't see why they WOULDN'T want to allow a JP/EU ad hoc game to exist), so most of the data should be exactly the same, as far as items go.

But hey, if you can get it done in under four months, more power to you. :)

landman
Aug 11, 2008, 02:59 AM
And where is the announcement? you only linked to a website with a release date, not a "news" or an announcement by Sega, list with release dates sometimes have mistakes... it's not that I don't want to believe this, it's just that I don't want false expectations...

Also the only different items between japanese and PAL/USA versions are specific items like the Famitsu magazine and such

D14BL0
Aug 11, 2008, 03:04 AM
No official confirmation from Sega, that I can see. They got that release date from somewhere, though, and I've seen a few other sources mention a Q4 release for EU, as well.

Then again, it could all be rumor. Who knows.

As far as EN/JP differences, I remember there being differences between drop rates for certain items, too. At least in PSO Ep I&II, that is. I could be wrong, though. It's been a long time since I've played, and even longer since I played an "official" server.

_kenchin_
Aug 11, 2008, 04:38 AM
lol Wouldn't it be crazy if the [EU] version of the game had infrastructure mode,
my Japanese friends wound be pissed. And then some 1 would start working on
a Japanese patch. i personally find this thought to be hilarious.

zandra117
Aug 11, 2008, 05:31 AM
I cant wait for the Tsumikiri J-Patch to be finished lol.

_kenchin_
Aug 11, 2008, 06:04 AM
I cant wait for the Tsumikiri J-Patch to be finished lol.

Finally some one payed attention.^^

OrochiGab
Aug 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
that why i say Japanese Ver is the best >,< have all items + good drop rate @(^_^)@
Keep the hard work in the English Patch

Zarode
Aug 11, 2008, 10:32 AM
Huge chance that the US/EU version is going to be no different then the JP version. There is NO reason for them to make major changes. At all. Also, because of that, there will be no lol-infrastructure mode. Why would Sega waste their time doing that?

Oh and, calling it now, but the EU version is going to be delayed for several months for extra u's being placed. :wacko:

Kizeragi
Aug 11, 2008, 11:12 AM
that why i say Japanese Ver is the best >,< have all items + good drop rate @(^_^)@
Keep the hard work in the English Patch

Not to mention JP voices totally annihilate the English voices BY FAR.
@OP. You have my support with getting the patch working. We want it! :p

Blueblur
Aug 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
Here's some news regarding PSP coming to the US. Gamasutra just posted an interview with Sega of America President Simon Jeffery (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3756/the_evolution_of_sega_a_.php?page=1).

I was amused to see the Phantasy Star Portable news, because it was like a lightbulb went off at Sega. "Maybe we should take our idea back from Monster Hunter!"

SJ: Right. (laughter) I think that's exactly what happened at Sega!

Capcom has had difficulty putting that model forward in the west, but Phantasy Star has done okay. Maybe not as well as it should, but okay.

SJ: It's done okay, and there's still quite a lot of people out there playing it every month.

So do you think you can take that market here with that title?

SJ: I think that it's not going to be a blockbuster success, but I think it will be a niche success. I'm certainly hopeful that it's more of a success in the west than Monster Hunter has been. There is a built-in audience for it already there.

I think the crossover of the PSP ownership will work quite nicely, so we're fairly hopeful we can make something out of it. It's not going to be huge, but hopefully it'll be interesting.

landman
Aug 11, 2008, 11:53 AM
O.O
I have no idea how much sales have PSP games outside of japan (I don't have ANY original UMD lol)

Blueblur
Aug 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
It looks like SoA's gonna bring it over to the US. That's what I can gather from his comments.

Chimeria
Aug 11, 2008, 12:22 PM

Team Tsumakiri? That's cool ;)
I like the last line of this post as well. You are absolutely right about that. I was thinkinkig about getting the english version if was ever released but as people mentioned it would be a bit different. I've never played PSU online before but I heard people saying all the time that Japan gets all the good stuff first and are waaayyy ahead of us as far as content. So I think I'll stick with the JP version. Besides...The JP voices ARE cooler. lol.

Lastly, thanks once again for you hard work with the patch. It is much appreciated :)

Ken_Silver
Aug 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
yay. We will get a US version. But the talk of differences in the versions bothers me. I mean, do we have to play with Japanese players in order to get certain weapons? That'd be interesting. And a bit risky. The only difference that I see happening and being fair is the taking out of there being any connection to PSU online.

Why?

Because Alpha Systems did the same thing with their other PSP game, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.

Anyway, good luck with the English patch.

landman
Aug 11, 2008, 05:24 PM
This game is not online, there is no way there are different items in every version, and the only example in PSU are the Famitsu/Dengeki items wich are reskins of normal weapons (except for the Famitsu mag.) and i really don't remember any diference in japanese and PAL versions of PSO, and they had the same servers for both versions.

The only case I can think about it is PSOBB because JP had new content with lots of patches while we had nothing.

_kenchin_
Aug 11, 2008, 08:26 PM
I believe that a US version will come out, I always had. As a few people said
before the Japanese voice actors are excellent, you can fell the emotion in their words.

As for the "Infrastructure Mode" I mentioned earlier it was a joke thus the "LOL".

As for "HOW LONG UNTIL SEGA RELEASE", well consider this Sega is actually Quite
fond of international releases(I think they released ever Phantasy Star they did in
Japan, Here as well) As such they build the game with a "dynamic" Text file, meaning
what ever language you type your info<--(Data/Words), Will appear on screen.

So I'm sure they are "Finished" with The Translation, But they are strategically planning
the release date (Probably December) To produce the most revenue. Also they have
to change the seasonal events (Yes this game has seasonal events, Maps,music ect.)
I'm not sure about Quest though..

Anyway Their seasons are the reverse of our own,
so we would have winter events in July.....<-- Corrected by beatrixkiddo

beatrixkiddo
Aug 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
Uh, seasons in Japan are the same as the United States. Seasons are reversed for the Southern Hemisphere, but not for East/West Hemispheres ;p

_kenchin_
Aug 11, 2008, 10:34 PM
Uh, seasons in Japan are the same as the United States. Seasons are reversed for the Southern Hemisphere, but not for East/West Hemispheres ;p

Thats not quite what i meant, your right. That was a bad example...

Anyway what i meant was they generally follow the lunisolar calendar.lol

Well let this be a lesson to every one, Don't Try To Type While Playing PSP,
Wow a rappy brb ...

gbdallin
Aug 12, 2008, 01:19 AM
Thats not quite what i meant, your right. That was a bad example...

Anyway what i meant was they generally follow the lunisolar calendar.lol

Well let this be a lesson to every one, Don't Try To Type While Playing PSP,
Wow a rappy brb ...

dude, i LOL'd out loud...

landman
Aug 12, 2008, 01:44 AM
But even if the download content is in different dates in Japan, the data is still in the game, just like in PSU, the only difference is when is that data released so there are no items exclusive to the japanese version technically

_kenchin_
Aug 12, 2008, 01:48 AM
But even if the download content is in different dates in Japan, the data is still in the game, just like in PSU, the only difference is when is that data released so there are no items exclusive to the japanese version technically

just disregard my previous comment, for the reason i stated subsequently.

Tycho
Aug 12, 2008, 04:34 AM
Attracting attention?
The SEGA staff is among the community. If PSOW will know, the community will know, they will know. If you want me to be concrete, the official forums and PSOW share one staff member. It's more like they just don't care -- consider how both Western PSU releases (PSU and AOTI) both failed to include CD keys, while the Japanese versions did have them.
Not as good for the team's image?
Yes, this is a legitimate argument. But then I assume you're not planning to have much of the dialogue translated, since it'd be a huge project, with SEGA simultaneously paying translating companies to do the same.
Just doing menus and item names?
Yeah, that's doable. Very much so too, but it won't be quite the same as translating an entire game for the team as an achievement, so at the very least you might need more translators. Not to mention quite a few would already have been able to read exactly that by learning katakana. It's only like learning the alphabet again twice. Not that hard for young adults, and not a bad investment for those with a general interest in Japanese RPGs (since often it's the only thing you'll need to know).

But whatever you choose, I hope the project will turn out well.
By the way, if there's one additional thing that ought to be translated, it's the plot choices deciding Vivienne's fate (branching to the three endings). It's easy to find (2nd+ runthrough?), because by pressing Start you can just skip right to the text bubble preceeding the next dialogue choice.

Zarode
Aug 12, 2008, 09:21 AM
Tycho, you certainly are blunt. :wacko: That's why we love you.

Also, if you want to know the story so bad, learn Japanese. FULL JAPANESE. If you don't care for Japanese, then you don't care to know the story. If you don't want to learn Japanese, then you don't want the story. It's a pretty simple story anyways. :| Another OHNO HIVE chase, basically.

_kenchin_
Aug 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
I won't be going though the forums for a while, I need to study up and do some research,

D14BL0
Aug 12, 2008, 06:15 PM
Tycho, you certainly are blunt. :wacko: That's why we love you.

Also, if you want to know the story so bad, learn Japanese. FULL JAPANESE. If you don't care for Japanese, then you don't care to know the story. If you don't want to learn Japanese, then you don't want the story. It's a pretty simple story anyways. :| Another OHNO HIVE chase, basically.

It's not so much knowing the story, but I'm pretty sure that the majority of us wanting to see an English patch want it mainly so they can tell what items they have and the names of quests/places, so they can actually play the game without any guesswork.

gbdallin
Aug 13, 2008, 05:53 PM

Well don't be gone too long. ;-) Lol we all wait with baited breath...

thematesV2
Aug 19, 2008, 03:48 PM

Zarode

so you want people to learn "full japanese" which would include 1000 years of subliminal culture and subtle society differences...

I don't know, even asking people to learn to read general japanese (which is what I assume you meant) is hard for people who have full time jobs, familys and non-PSU related things they have to do, but also would like to play the game from japan.... sure, I like having items that I can tell what they are, but I also like knowing whats going on, so I can at least feel like I'm doing something other than complete and utter boring repeated runs...

which is what I would feel like if I couldn't understand what was being said in PSU, seeing as how all of the levels get used like 20 times over.

some people don't mind doing the exact same mind numbing run over and over again, for them, I don't care if they don't like the story, but for the people who actually play this game because it's story is decently developed, please, don't act so elitist. (which is how you sound. kind of like saying "if you don't speak japanese, or don't learn japanese then you don't deserve a storyline.")

sorry if I sounded upset, i'm really not, I'm hoping that the patch will be completed, as I would love to play PS:P in my native tongue

OrochiGab
Aug 19, 2008, 04:15 PM
fuck the story

just we need Menus items , weapons and missions in English ^^

Enshroud
Aug 19, 2008, 04:40 PM
fuck the story

just we need Menus items , weapons and missions in English ^^

Agree completely, especially the weapons. I'd be thoroughly grateful if any translation work was done on the weapons. ^^;

Tyreek
Aug 19, 2008, 05:09 PM
Easy for y'all. But there are most of us who want to know exactly what the hell people are saying to you in the story. Yeah, Helga's up to no good, and the Guardians have to stop her and blah, blah, blah. But we wanna know what's the motive. The overall plot. Yes, we would like items, menus and mission translation, but we don't wanna get short-changed now.

Ken_Silver
Aug 19, 2008, 07:33 PM
Easy for y'all. But there are most of us who want to know exactly what the hell people are saying to you in the story. Yeah, Helga's up to no good, and the Guardians have to stop her and blah, blah, blah. But we wanna know what's the motive. The overall plot. Yes, we would like items, menus and mission translation, but we don't wanna get short-changed now.

This. There are people who care about the story y'know. :razz:

D14BL0
Aug 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
Some of you guys seem to think that it's going to be only one or the other.

I'm pretty sure that the guys kind enough to work on the English patch will provide items, menus, and story alike. It seems like a few of you are getting hostile over what's going to be translated and what's not.

Callous
Aug 19, 2008, 10:40 PM
I'm a huge supporter of fan translations, but since it's now increasingly apparent that the game will get an English release, is this really worth the effort anymore? Judging by how long fan translations usually take and the sheer amount of text in this game, the official release will be out long before any fan translation is close to being done.

D14BL0
Aug 20, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm a huge supporter of fan translations, but since it's now increasingly apparent that the game will get an English release, is this really worth the effort anymore? Judging by how long fan translations usually take and the sheer amount of text in this game, the official release will be out long before any fan translation is close to being done.

I think it's still worth the effort. I've been playing the JP version for a few weeks now, and have gotten fairly far for the time I've put into it. I don't want to switch over. Unless the EN version will read and play a JP save file, I'd still want to use the version I started on.

Callous
Aug 20, 2008, 09:12 AM
You know. That's a very good point. But there aren't very many of us.

D14BL0
Aug 20, 2008, 10:39 AM
Not true. The PS:P hype has spread much further than just PSOW. PSOW just happens to be the official unofficial outlet. :P

gbdallin
Aug 20, 2008, 06:59 PM

Do you have any idea how long we will wait for an english release? at least a year from today.

Callous
Aug 20, 2008, 10:21 PM
Do you have any idea how long we will wait for an English release? at least a year from today.
Source?

Even if you end up being right about your guess, fan translations, especially of this size, can easily take more than a year. Not to mention that those with an official English translation on the way very, very rarely get finished.

gbdallin
Aug 21, 2008, 07:11 AM
Source?

Even if you end up being right about your guess, fan translations, especially of this size, can easily take more than a year. Not to mention that those with an official English translation on the way very, very rarely get finished.

source? I'm still waiting for a source for an actual official statement for the english release of the game.

D14BL0
Aug 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
source? I'm still waiting for a source for an actual official statement for the english release of the game.

There is no official source, but a few European sites have reported a Q4 2008 EU release.

landman
Aug 21, 2008, 01:16 PM
And this means nothing, the only "source" we have is the president of Sega of America saying this game can do "good" in our market in a recent gamasutra interview, nothing more.

gbdallin
Aug 21, 2008, 05:29 PM
And this means nothing, the only "source" we have is the president of Sega of America saying this game can do "good" in our market in a recent gamasutra interview, nothing more.

exactly, which means that the english patch is going to be very useful, and well, loved indeed :-P . And, I'm sure that once they get the first one out, it won't be long until further patches are made so that everyone will be happy with the end result. Sure, the story is important, but as far as priorities go, menu/item lists are definitely going to be at the top, for both the programmers (since this is the only part of the game text that won't change; the story mode would be constant strings of translation, whereas the menus and such they would only have a set amount of translation; ie the menus stay the same, and there are only so many items), and the players, since this would help move the game quicker and let us play much more efficiently (like actually knowing what the hell lets us change weapon specialization and the like. Later releases of the patch could very easily begin to tackle the game's story, and there is no reason to flame war either side of that argument :-?.

pith
Aug 27, 2008, 02:58 PM
Any word??? Some kind of update on progress maybe... Anything... At all???

Modsoul
Aug 28, 2008, 12:55 AM
lol, please let me help translating.

i wanna help out the PhSP Community in some way, just e-mail me or reply back or something.

EDIT: and how did you get the psu-data.bz2 file out of file.fpb???
i can open boost.fpb, but that has psu-rom.elf.bz2, and thats probably for importing characters or something else.

henceforth, when i open file.fpb with winrar, it says its corrupted.

Reki_III
Sep 1, 2008, 01:16 AM
I know this may seen off-topic, but is it just me or does it seem like people are making all games more hack-resistant? I know that it is for anti-reverse-engineering, but anyone who really wants to change/steal/etc the game will, regardless of the encryption/scrambling/etc used on the files.

I have faith in all of you working on this. The end result will be possibly the biggest breakthrough known on this side of everything to this point in history.

_kenchin_
Sep 1, 2008, 03:36 AM
well I apologize for my tardiness but as stated elsewhere my internet connections has been
*TERMINATED*< but i have not given up. Progress has been made but not forward, Rather backwards.... but this is good i assure you. As for how this hack will work....

Well the psu-rom.bz2 isn't important, as the name implies it is a "rom" relative to a boot image.

The motherload of all data is in the file.fpb which is compressed and encrypted< i'm sure of it.

At the current time i am the only active member of team tsumikiri, but this is because i have the most experience, not because i'm an exillent coder or because the team is lazy.

Also please understand that i am an active high school student and school starts tommorrow
and that these things take a while even for coders whom are actually good...

As stated before we are welcoming any coders especially reverse engineers.

Any translators whom wish to contribute please post in this forum.

Espio kaos is lead translator as such i will consult him regarding your approval.
Do Not Spam Anyone Please.

Also please note that although we are doing all we can... That we cannot guarantee completion of this project, This was an assumed job we are not obligated.

ok now that that's done, here is some info for you all.

we've analyzed sega's file system habits they usually(damn near always) put the language file in a plain utf-8 document (.txt file). this is good for obvious reasons; But it gets better

Their txt file is some what of a string, I'll explain.

if u know some coding you know what a string is, else(continue reading);

They usually have a header. a set of numbers that declare what the document is and how to reference each line,so here's an example,

12121212;
kyoto
nagasaki
hiroshima
tokyo

ok now think of it like this.. The header tells that this is where the string starts[12121212]
so kyoto = 12121212 nagasaki = 12121213 ect so when the game calls for the string
12121213 it will display nagasaki, get it ?

This is great because if we replace the data in 12121213[nagasaki] to new mexico, when the game calls for 12121213 it will display new mexico.

Well now you know lol.. anyway as always important things will be updated on the main screen.

Sorry for any misspellings that may have occurred.

Also thanks to all our supporters, and loyal viewers.

And as always

**The work that is being done is the responsibility of kenchin & team tsumikiri we have no relation to pso-world.com and they cannot be held responsibility for our content**

Mike
Sep 2, 2008, 02:25 AM
If someone actually gets at the data and gets some raw text out of it, I could probably help translate if you needed me. It sounds like you need computer people more than translation people at the moment though.

bonez2
Sep 2, 2008, 03:24 AM
when will be the patch release??

Ranji
Sep 2, 2008, 06:09 AM
Considering they're still in the process of finding the correct file(s) to modify/replace/whathaveyou, we have no way of knowing (something you likely would have figured out had you taken the time to read through the thread). Just keep an eye out and when/if it gets released, you'll know.

Modsoul
Sep 4, 2008, 06:10 PM
wow, that hecka beats using a Resource Editor and Hex Editor like i did for translating the MHF2 QE.

funnily, i didnt even know Japanese/French, and i still got it, but thats beside the point.

So Yeah, i'd love to help you guys out, and also, im a middle-school student, school already started for me, but i can still help out in doing whatever needs to be done.

laz305
Sep 5, 2008, 01:07 PM
kenchin & team tsumikiri I will forever be in your debt if you get this eng patch to work soon. I'm a huge fan of PSO and am already at lvl 15 on PSP somehow lol I look forward to you making this happen for us, we really need it.

_kenchin_
Sep 7, 2008, 03:49 AM
@modsoul great we finally have a member with some actuall game hex skill lol, i add you to the team if your intrested... I'd love to have you.

To all loyal followers i have a stable net connection now so i can update regularly again.

oh also i rebuilt my server, so i"ll plan a date for all involved members and a day for all people intrested that are on pso world, to have a voice conferrence using team speak. So i'll keep everyone up to date with our date as soon as prperations are done.

Chimeria
Sep 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
I was just thinking...since there's ALOT of talk about an english version being released are you guys still working on the patch? Although we don't know when it's coming out or if it's even true, it would suck for you guys to go through all this hard work and then "boom" english version is released. Another thing to think about is that alot of people have already finished the game and collected most of the rares already (look at the screenshot thread). The patch would make things alot easier but is it REALLY needed?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the patch. But if the english version comes out soon, I'll just get that.

thematesV2
Sep 10, 2008, 04:11 PM
this is just a question, no offense to any hardcore fans of the series, but if this works out, would anyone be interested in doing a swap of the real text with our own? as in, rename the weaps, re-name the photon arts, stuff like that? it would be much cooler if the story gets translated, because we could re-write the story, to make it more appealing or more interesting... anyhow, I'm interested in helping, although I don't know how. if you guys need a work horse to do data input or anything not super complex, let me know, I don't have much exp in programming, but I'm willing to help. anybody want coffee? I'll be the unpaid intern/gopher/scapegoat.....

RemiusTA
Sep 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
All of this is obsolete, a US release of this game is imminent anyway.

Unless im missing something

Triple_S
Sep 10, 2008, 06:49 PM
All of this is obsolete, a US release of this game is imminent anyway.

Unless im missing something

Yes, but:

-We don't know when that'll come out
-US version quest support could suck and JP PSP will end up better
-US version might not support JP PSP saves

And more, I'm sure.

Callous
Sep 10, 2008, 07:46 PM
Yes, but:
I'd say there's pretty much zero chance of it supporting JP saves.

But let's face it, anyone working on a translation now would be doing so mainly for the experience and hell of it. Which would be valiant, but you know ...

_kenchin_
Sep 10, 2008, 08:19 PM
yea i mean a us release is coming I've said it, i believe it, but at the same time their is an authenticity of having the jp version(which usually has more features) like Phantasy Star for the sega both a us and jp version came out... and they translated the jp version even after that and the "fanslation" was much more popular. @chimeria true but realize that more people will come here seeking info, and at the time i work on it week ends. @ callous yea yea where doing it for the hell of it. And yea people want their saves. just between us i found a way to edit your game save so maybe well end up with a game save converter lol.

Triple_S
Sep 10, 2008, 08:28 PM
I'd say there's pretty much zero chance of it supporting JP saves.

Well US AoI supported JP AoI saves, so you never know, but you have a point.

mvffin
Sep 11, 2008, 03:01 AM
even if the saves aren't supported, there is a program you can use to transfer them. >_>

Callous
Sep 11, 2008, 08:53 AM
even if the saves aren't supported, there is a program you can use to transfer them. >_>
Can I borrow your crystal ball that says this will work for PS:P? I'm highly sceptical.

BahnKnakyu
Sep 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, but:

-We don't know when that'll come out
-US version quest support could suck and JP PSP will end up better

And more, I'm sure.

You also forgot:

- US/EU tech support for PSP will be little to nonexistent.
- Translations are often done wrong (lol Rod + GRM Rod). If EspioKaos is assisting with this translation project he'll be able to get some correct names in there for items rather than an underpaid and overworked Sega translation team.
- Ubwaa! Anyone?
- Having to deal with US voice acting, which I am strongly against (*opens up can of worms called the JP vs US VA debate)
- There is no known release date for it. It's just been announced. Tsukimiri is planning on finishing this by the end of January. A 4 month turnover time for a complete translation for a game that's already out vs. a release date that will probably be in 1-2 years and mishandled by Sega of America and Europe because of how little SoJ cares for their overshores brethren. HMMM.

I know there have been naysayers here kenichi, but I'd like to add my full support for this translation project. You're one of the few people who is stepping up to the plate and doing something about Sega by taking the matter into your own hands. If Sega can't (or won't) do it properly, then someone out there can.

Edit: I would like to add, however, that Katakana is NOT hard to read. It's like learning another set of letters. There's no hidden sounds or meanings to learn, and since every item name is in Katakana, anyone who is playing JP PSP right now and needs to have Katakana down as a bare minimum requirement to be able to know wtf they're doing. I've kinda limped through PSP myself, since the part that really tripped me up was some of the conversational Japanese and the over 9000 kanji. Hint: they use the Kanji for "Heart" (kokoro) a lot, I think.

Triple_S
Sep 11, 2008, 03:48 PM

You're thinking of MH2G I think.

Callous
Sep 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
a release date that will probably be in 1-2 years
There is no way in hell it's going to take even one year.

gbdallin
Sep 11, 2008, 11:23 PM
You also forgot:

- There is no known release date for it. It's just been announced.

For the record, it still hasn't been announced, so, yes, Callous, it will easily be over a year before we would see anything close to the English version

DarK-SuN
Sep 12, 2008, 08:11 AM
even if the saves aren't supported, there is a program you can use to transfer them. >_>You're thinking of MH2G I think.

Works for other games as well, it's a conversion method not specific for MH2G, it's generic.

Callous
Sep 12, 2008, 10:51 AM
For the record, it still hasn't been announced, so, yes, Callous, it will easily be over a year before we would see anything close to the English version
Let's see how it goes, shall we?

Here's a very recent example. PS0 was just announced as coming this winter. That game is about 60% done. PS:P just needs to be translated (which, for all we know, could easily be something that's already been worked on for some time).

thematesV2
Sep 12, 2008, 02:05 PM
I agree with BahnKnakyu, kenichi is working on getting something done that will be sweet, whether the english version is released or not. look at PSU for an example, both JP and regional have it, and yet JP servers are months and months ahead of ours... I'm assuming that the us version will have to port updates though the SEA team, which would/could mean tons of delays, like PSU.

I'm all for having a fan-translated version.

I can rough out some katakana too, so if any help is needed with translation, let me know. especially if they attempt to translate story. thats alot of translation, and doing a straight translation could be wierd. translation and re-write would be best..

D14BL0
Sep 12, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm assuming that a translation is going to require a completely hacked-up and recompiled ISO. However, will DLC updates actually work at all with an altered ISO? This is something that's going to need to be taken into consideration.

Triple_S
Sep 12, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'm assuming that a translation is going to require a completely hacked-up and recompiled ISO. However, will DLC updates actually work at all with an altered ISO? This is something that's going to need to be taken into consideration.

It'll work. MHP2G's DLC works after applying the patch.

On that note, it doesn't need a new ISO, just a patch. Of course, we would need a patcher.

gbdallin
Sep 12, 2008, 09:52 PM
does Team Tsumikiri have somone writing a patcher program?

bonez2
Sep 13, 2008, 01:27 AM
when will the english patch going to come out??

gbdallin
Sep 13, 2008, 05:36 PM
when will the english patch going to come out??

dude, read the thread. It's in there. (January)

_kenchin_
Sep 15, 2008, 02:16 AM
wow there is a lot of debate over what started as speculation lol..

Anyway i just stopped by to say that yes i am working on it....but only on the weekends, sorry but my grades can't suffer because of this project. Also i said that i "hope" to be done by January, with the actual breaking of the "file.fpb". The translation should be a breeze as most items have been translated already by forum members (and the fact that all the game's item names are in katakana), funny enough most Japanese people have some difficulty with kanji lol and just FYI i don't think sega was behind this whole encryption(or what ever mad be blocking us) thing i think it was those alfa systm guys... well what ever anyway I'm trying to learn some reverse engineering. But I'm kinda juggling a lot with learning Japanese, php,and mysql.

@D14BL0 nah this is a simple txt edit in essence so it should not have any positive or negative effects on game play(other that being able to read it of course.)

And to every one learn katakana its like 60 char, I know this might sound ridiculous but its
possible to learn in a month or two. Once you get that then u just need a romaji Japanese English dictionary, and another heads up when your watching that new episode of naruto you just downloaded pay attention to what they are saying and the translations, you'll begin to read the subs less and actually understand whats going on. and look at it like this, Japanese is the closes "Asian" language to English, the transition isn't as sever as lets say any language to Chinese (seriously I'll never learn Chinese unless i have to..) so be great full. The pronunciations are literal it just takes a while to pronounce just as literal lol so have fun.

bonez2
Sep 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
do you mean the english version game right, not the english patch?

Anon_Fire
Sep 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
actually, no US release has been announced, so that's a no

_kenchin_
Sep 18, 2008, 12:05 AM
We'll i'm still alive lol. Just to clarify i will be either releasing an new iso or make a patcher to replace the fpb file. i don't think i'm good enough to make a patcher to only replace the necessary files. And if i do decide to give up you guy's will be the firs to know, so don't worry.

Modsoul
Sep 21, 2008, 07:58 AM
Wow, sorry, havent been here in a while, ive been busy (school and translating the MHP2ndG Quest Editor).

if theres anything i can do, let me know.

EDIT: And also, D14blo or w/e it is,
PhSP and MHP2ndG's Download Content are nothing more customs that
give items/weapons/ w/e the crap it is that cant be gotten in any normal quest.
most of the time (and for PhSP and 2ndG), those items are already in the game to begin with,
(take 2ndG's Tickets, like Fami tickets and crap).
So, when the translation IS done, all the content that was in it will be translated, probably
including the Quest Name itself, since it was already in there.

But, there Could also be another thing.
SoJ DOES have a Quest Maker for PhSP (just like CAPCOM with 2ndG), and in that case,
the names will stay in japanese, and that would probably be it, since it still runs
off of actual game data.

EDIT 2 :D : and Kenchin, just release a patcher that will just replace the .fpb file, or something like the TeamHGG patcher, that just replaces the lines in the game, because if you release the file.fpb or iso file, that'll be like copyrighting from SEGA or something.

marsprite
Sep 27, 2008, 06:39 PM
yes, don't be passing out any actual sega code, make a patcher to patch existing sega code, that way its all legal and aboveboard.

roxax
Sep 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
ii hope some one release a patch soon im having a hard time understanding the item though º-º

D14BL0
Sep 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
EDIT: And also, D14blo or w/e it is,
PhSP and MHP2ndG's Download Content are nothing more customs that
give items/weapons/ w/e the crap it is that cant be gotten in any normal quest.
most of the time (and for PhSP and 2ndG), those items are already in the game to begin with,
(take 2ndG's Tickets, like Fami tickets and crap).
So, when the translation IS done, all the content that was in it will be translated, probably
including the Quest Name itself, since it was already in there.

9/25 update has new items. I know that all of the updates so far have also added new mobs.

Triple_S
Sep 29, 2008, 08:50 PM
9/25 update has new items. I know that all of the updates so far have also added new mobs.

The items were in there already. Dunno about mobs, but I doubt that file has the model data and everything in there.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 09:09 PM
how sexy, i dont have to wait for the english version to come out x3

D14BL0
Sep 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
The items were in there already. Dunno about mobs, but I doubt that file has the model data and everything in there.

I wouldn't doubt it. Look at the size of the update file. It seems too large to be just a scripted map/mission.

.newzero
Sep 29, 2008, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. Look at the size of the update file. It seems too large to be just a scripted map/mission.

a map can be easily as large as 1GB (see ET: Quake Wars) or as small as 100Byte (most flash based games)

the size does not matter but sure there could be model data and code included in the download but for now it's just a container for missions and for new mob "combinations".

back to topic:
oh and btw. is there any progress made? any screenshots? other details like accessing the already compressed data? otherwise i can't believe that you will able to create a patch.

D14BL0
Sep 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
a map can be easily as large as 1GB (see ET: Quake Wars) or as small as 100Byte (most flash based games)

the size does not matter but sure there could be model data and code included in the download but for now it's just a container for missions and for new mob "combinations".

We're talking about a PSP game, not a PC game. Things are going to be very small in size. And a scripted event (like most of the DLC missions in PSO were) is very small. Usually, it's as simple as a text file saying "Load this map, spawn items at this location, place event triggers here, here, and here". Very small.

Now, the size of the updates looks like there might be more in there. I haven't torn it apart to verify, but going off of that, I feel safe in saying that there is new content in the updates, not just the event scripts. Of course, I may be wrong. Just throwing this out there.

Of course, one way to check this is to find the locations of the items/mobs in the updates and see if they exist in the original ISO. If not, they're new. If they do exist, they're unlocked content.

d19xx
Oct 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
oh and btw. is there any progress made? any screenshots? other details like accessing the already compressed data? otherwise i can't believe that you will able to create a patch.

I don't want to be rude to the patching team. But seriously, do you guys even know where to start?

D14BL0
Oct 1, 2008, 06:46 AM
I don't want to be rude to the patching team. But seriously, do you guys even know where to start?

I'm sure they're making progress. They can't discuss it too much around here, mainly to keep PSOW out of legal troubles.

However, if you have any tips, I'm sure they'd appreciate help.

bonez2
Oct 1, 2008, 07:20 PM
any updates of the release of the patch??

_kenchin_
Oct 2, 2008, 08:06 PM
To everyone hello, at the current time the development of the "patch" has been halted due to school. This is not to say that nothing is happening, but simply that it is not a Priority per say. The file is in an unknown format and will take time to figure out. As stated before if i or any team member feels that all hope is lost we will post it. I intend to get a lot done in an up coming break.

-kenchin

d19xx
Oct 3, 2008, 02:47 AM
I'm sure they're making progress. They can't discuss it too much around here, mainly to keep PSOW out of legal troubles.

The file is in an unknown format and will take time to figure out

I got nothing against the patching team but seriously a straight out news on your progress would be really nice. So that some of your "Fans" would stop making speculations on your progress.

laz305
Oct 5, 2008, 12:19 PM
To everyone hello, at the current time the development of the "patch" has been halted due to school. This is not to say that nothing is happening, but simply that it is not a Priority per say. The file is in an unknown format and will take time to figure out. As stated before if i or any team member feels that all hope is lost we will post it. I intend to get a lot done in an up coming break.

-kenchin

good luck and plz hurry lol thx for all your hard work we are gonna love it when this finally is released.

.newzero
Oct 5, 2008, 04:01 PM
I got nothing against the patching team but seriously a straight out news on your progress would be really nice. So that some of your "Fans" would stop making speculations on your progress.

he posted the progress he is doing. it takes a while to figure out how the data is put together and how it is compressed. after that all the mission and item data needs to be figured out and documented so any translation can be done.

to the team: why dont you host this project on a website dedicated to just translating all the stuff? it gets much easier to do all the stuff.

Pentence
Oct 7, 2008, 12:04 PM
Indeed the above statment has some value.Anyway i would LOVE to help in anyway i can.My limited japanese allows for better understanding of the spoken language but i can read a deal too.

Thanks for doing this guys and keep it up,i know you have alot of people backing you and i am sure there are people who wouldnt mind helping in anyway they could.

Ranji
Oct 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
This is just a thought, but perhaps we could get ahold of DAx and see if he would be willing to help out with getting the data in a format that can be used. I'm not sure how some people here feel about CFW but he is the brains behind the M33 team. I know he's got at least a couple projects on his plate right now, but he may be willing to lend a hand or some advice...

Here's the link to his dev page...

*removed*

Keep in mind, he's actually from Spain, and his forums are in Spanish...

Mod edit: Linking to sites with illegal content is against the forum rules.

gbdallin
Oct 9, 2008, 05:08 PM
Mod edit: Linking to sites with illegal content is against the forum rules.

Hacking a psp is NOT illegal. Anyway, DAX is far to busy working on the ta-088v3, plus, he doesn't work on games, so you'd have better luck asking the team that did MHP2G

DAY.WALKIN
Oct 11, 2008, 09:55 PM
I have to say that whoever edited gbdallin's post was editing for no reason he did not link to an illegle site. It is NOT illegle to mod or create mods for the PSP in anyway (unless piracy was involved) and seeing as DAX dos'nt deal with piracy anymore if feel obliged to say that i think that it was wrongly removed.

P.S im still hunting for those Spicia folks...:D

PP.s i just realized that nothing is illegle with the psp unless it links to downloadable games or copywrited files such as the BIOS for the old ps1 (used for pops emulator and is not used in newer versions) which DAX dident create so nothing on DAX's site is illegel....and....imma go all kubara and say....SO WE'RE TOLD ha in your face segac

Dragwind
Oct 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
The link was removed due to other content, not just PSP.

# Illegal Activities
Warez or illegal related content of any kind is grounds to be banned by our discretion.Links to such material as well as requests for it, are considered the same as posting the actual material.
You may not ask for Warez, ROMs, or MP3s, OGGs, ADXs (or any other such music media for that matter) or ask for links to such sites containing specified content and you may not provide links to such sites.

I browsed the site and forums for a while and found other content that was questionable, so it was removed.

DAY.WALKIN
Oct 12, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ahh i dident think about the forums, my bad.

Ranji
Oct 13, 2008, 12:41 PM
I apologize Drag, I haven't joined the forums, so I was unaware of what was there. I just knew Dax as one of the big shots in the PSP homebrew community and one heckuva programmer....

Anyways, I'm getting in touch with Adelaine, who worked on the Papimeru patches for MHF2G. They're stopping their project soon, so you guys may get another programmer or advisor. As I don't have any personal info for people(and wouldn't toss it around), I just gave her the link to this thread for now.

Everyday Sega doesn't announce a US release, god kills a cat-girl.... CMON SEGA!!!! SAVE THE CATGIRLS!!!!

SStrikerR
Oct 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
Anyone can read katakana using this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana), but they are lazy or just have nonenglishphobia -.-

Some people can't for other reasons, such as somehow screwing their computer up so Japanese goes from Squares to normal japanese to boxes with numbers in them. I used to see my title in japanese, now to me it's just the boxes with numbers. No idea what the hell happened there, but that's what prevents me from learning a bit of katakana.

deso123
Oct 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
This thread is now officially 19 pages of uselessness.

Chris28
Oct 15, 2008, 03:41 PM
This thread is now officially 19 pages of uselessness.

4 pages for me

50 posts/page > 10 posts/page

Vorpalseraph
Oct 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
Not useless, just has had it's usefulness cut;

Some people that already have the JP version and don't want to loose their data and don't want to spend more money to have English available to them would still like a patch, I bet.

Triple_S
Oct 16, 2008, 04:36 PM
Not useless, just has had it's usefulness cut;

Some people that already have the JP version and don't want to loose their data and don't want to spend more money to have English available to them would still like a patch, I bet.

That, and the US version will probably have more changes than just a translation. I'm betting on no DLC.

Clunker
Oct 16, 2008, 08:22 PM
Beg Pardon; DLC?

Tyreek
Oct 16, 2008, 08:42 PM
He meant downloadable content. Which I will literally LOL if they actually pull that move.

Eplayer
Oct 17, 2008, 01:53 PM
I have a Question, How can i open the file.fpb to Translate just the Menu, or have you Super guys (;)) Translated the Menu yet?
Because i wont just the Meni, pls!
Or say me just to open the file.fpb!
THANKS!

Killy
Oct 18, 2008, 05:29 AM
I have a Question, How can i open the file.fpb ...
If anyone knows... LOL

Eplayer
Oct 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
Please! Can anyone help me? I just wont to open the file.fpb, thanks..Or Edit it with an good Hex Editor, that can show Japanese font, or something...

RemiusTA
Oct 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
Lol. this game has already been announced for US/english release.

I told you guys that you were wasting your time.

Eplayer
Oct 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
I am German ^^ And i will just Translate the Menu to German ^^
But your right...The European Version coming out in February!

Killy
Oct 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
Only Sega, SonicTeam and AlfaSystem knows how to work with fpb files for now. -_-
If anyone else knew about this, then we will have english path already.

Also, European release come @ spring 2009, after US release.

Eplayer
Oct 18, 2008, 02:03 PM
Not after, before the English Release, because SEGA works with SCEEurope first :P
Than the Game will be Released in the US!
English Release: March
German Release (Multi 5 i think): February

Killy
Oct 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
Phantasy Star Portable Heading To Europe (http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2008/10/16/phantasy-star-portable-heading-to-europe/)

Phantasy Star Portable will be released in Spring 2009 exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.
February is not a spring month. Also, translation to 4 more languages takes more time anyway.

Eplayer
Oct 18, 2008, 04:39 PM
Ok,ok, let us foget it ok, we all must wait long, right?
But the Developers are pigs, they can Translate it faster...Look at MHP2ndG The English Team is faster than the Developer-Team!
or,or,or...

.newzero
Oct 19, 2008, 06:07 AM
Ok,ok, let us foget it ok, we all must wait long, right?
But the Developers are pigs, they can Translate it faster...Look at MHP2ndG The English Team is faster than the Developer-Team!
or,or,or...

any translation team is faster than the dev. team! developing a game takes ages while the translation only needs a month.

Eplayer
Oct 19, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, what have i said ^^

.newzero
Oct 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, what have i said ^^

not everyone is able to understand what "pigs" mean ;) (i actually needed to read it multiple times to get what you were trying to tell us. actually i had to think in german to get that you mean something like "a**hole" ^^)

Eplayer
Oct 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
Can be ^^, but i meant the oing oings :D the Pigs, the Fat Pigs ^^
But lets forgot, and wait until its 2009 and the Best Games coming out :P

laz305
Oct 27, 2008, 04:48 PM
wow we have to wait till January? no offense but by that time the U.S release will be right around the corner lol

AnamanaAU
Oct 29, 2008, 01:29 AM
What you gotta realise that these guys had no way of being able to translate this game or any game for that matter to begin with.

HEY! I'M GONNA ENGLISH PATCH THIS GAME WITH WINRAR!

bonez2
Oct 30, 2008, 02:12 AM
i hope the english patch will come already

Squeezit
Nov 1, 2008, 11:20 AM
i hope the english patch will come already

he's doing this for free, you guys should be thanking him rather than being too eager for it.

and @ laz, the game will be released 5 months after that, IF they dont cancel its release like sega did with Tenchu on psp. Or if they dont push it back like every game company likes doing

Team Tsumikiri

kenchin <-- Acts cool
onehandsolo <-- Keeps the Focus
EspioKaos <-- Helps us talk to japanese girls/women
modsoul <-- Digital deviant

they have this little thing right here, almost exactly on the Melty Blood Cadenza translation forums

Eplayer
Nov 1, 2008, 12:56 PM
Waiting is not that bad! Wait Guys! ^^

Ryna
Nov 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
Since the OP hasn't returned in several weeks and nothing productive has been discussed in the last several dozen posts, I am going to lock this thread. If the OP does return, he/she is free start a new thread.