PDA

View Full Version : ever won a competion?

chaoskila
Aug 2, 2008, 11:25 PM
i want to hear it lol
its because i just won a HALO 3 tournament at Connection in CT
['08 halo 3 FFA king.]

/bleh
[default guardian FFA no weapons on map cuz no HDD lol.]
IT was a dead heat between me and this this indian guy [swear hes MLG lol]
16 - 16
i swoop by and steal his double kill
18 - 16
i spawn kill 4 others and just steals another 3 kills.

I WON A HALO LEGENDARY HEAD THINGY and RED VS BLUE season 1 and 2

CupOfCoffee
Aug 3, 2008, 12:03 AM
I won $100 for a short story I wrote once, but that's about it.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2008, 12:27 AM
I won a speech meet and two spelling bees.

Does that count?

amtalx
Aug 3, 2008, 12:28 AM
I am a chronic 2nd and 3rd placer.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2008, 12:29 AM
Also, I won at dodgeball, the best sport ever.

Dangerous55
Aug 3, 2008, 12:34 AM
Funny you should ask that. I just won a 16 person Tourney in a drinking game my friends and I invited. Five bucks a person, I made about 80 bucks.

Kylie
Aug 3, 2008, 12:47 AM
Nothing that I can recall, so I'm sure that means I've never won anything of much importance to me.

Feelmirath
Aug 3, 2008, 02:46 AM
Sack race maybe? XP

Oh wait, WHSmith gave me a £40 voucher for drawing the 'best' Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix cover before it was out (I was 11 :wacko:).

Fure_Rakune
Aug 3, 2008, 04:14 AM
Ive won a couple art shows in my senior year of high school, placing 1st twice, 2nd once and honorable mention once.
When I was five I entered an arts and crafts show at a local community festival and won first place against kids years older than me, the eldest was 9.
Would soccer tournaments count?
Have a couple of those under my belt as well.

Katrina
Aug 3, 2008, 05:52 AM
I have ribbons and trophies from track & field, softball, and Irish step dance.

Sharkyland
Aug 3, 2008, 09:16 AM
Only got 2nd place... within the Puyo Puyon (DC) tournament at Otakon '96 (my Seriri lost to Harpy)... won $50.

Did win a stick figure drawing competition on PSOW in some categories.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 3, 2008, 10:25 AM
I remember this one time when my kickboxing school went to another school to spar with them. I went up against some Thai boxer from Germany and I tore him up the whole fight. I gave him so much low kicks that he had trouble walking after going against me.

Wyndham
Aug 3, 2008, 11:56 AM
simpsons trivia contest.
i won the 1st one, and the second one i got in second place. why is that?
my dad worked at the B&N where the contest was held. so I was only called on when i was the only one with my hand up. I won a bunch of simpsons merchandise.

Kent
Aug 3, 2008, 12:12 PM
Let's see...

I've won several tournaments at my school's Game Club, including Bomberman and Puzzle Fighter (and I think a couple others that I don't remember, they happened quite a while ago). I've won several "self-contained mini-competitions" in Jedi Academy/Outcast when they were being played.

...And I won a context for a $1000 KB Toys shopping spree from sending in the "Sonic Says" messages, if that counts. :wacko:

Aisha379
Aug 3, 2008, 12:15 PM
Never really been in many competitions.

Only one I can think of - a friend and I won a team battle tournament on PSO GC at another forum long ago.

The prize was one of the best artists on the website drew our characters.

Sadly, I lost said picture.

Zorafim
Aug 3, 2008, 12:17 PM
I graduated head of my class in every subject in kindergarten. Does that count?

funnymatt
Aug 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
I won a pretty good amount of money playing poker a few weeks ago, and then gave it all to my dentist to yank out my wisdom teeth.

Dangerous55
Aug 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
I forgot to mention, a month ago I won a softball tourney. I was the coach of our team and played a mean third base and batted 2nd. I had many RBIs and sweet defensive plays. It was the greatest thing in the world. We also just won a Quizzo Tourney at a local bar.

Split
Aug 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Funny you should ask that. I just won a 16 person Tourney in a drinking game my friends and I invited. Five bucks a person, I made about 80 bucks.lol rules?

McLaughlin
Aug 3, 2008, 01:17 PM
Several soccer tournaments, basketball tournaments and volleyball tournaments (some for school, some for rep teams).

Individually, I've won a few Judo tournaments and some purely-for-laughs stuff at school.

Dangerous55
Aug 3, 2008, 01:40 PM
lol rules?

They are pretty complicated, shoot me a PM and I'll tell ya the basics if you are interested.

Neith
Aug 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
I won a competition in PSPro (old Playstation magazine in the UK). Won a copy of Driver 2 (before it released), and a PSOne (the compact one, which at the time was pretty new).

In that same magazine, there was also a speed challenge for Gran Turismo 3. I beat the magazine's speed by a massive amount. :lol: Didn't get anything for that, but it was fun.

chaoskila
Aug 3, 2008, 04:09 PM
lol i hear about all these sports and stuff lol
me winning halo makes me sound like a nerd XDD.

Syl
Aug 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
Won a Battle of the Bands competition a couple months ago, got some money for gear :>

Leviathan
Aug 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
I don't recall ever winning anything, yet I am good at many things.

*coughjacketteofalltradesmasterofnonecough*
:wacko:

Inazuma
Aug 5, 2008, 06:56 PM
in an adult tennis class of about 30 ppl, we played an elimination type game and i won.

one time in las vegas, i played a 20 person roll the ball type carnival game and got first place.

there was a south park trivia contest held weekly on "the palace" chat service. i won it about 7 times a row, lol. i used different names and addresses each time. got lots of south park t shirts (^_^) that was back in the day when i watched each episode about 40 times, no joke.

McLaughlin
Aug 5, 2008, 07:18 PM
lol i hear about all these sports and stuff lol
me winning halo makes me sound like a nerd XDD.

There was a Halo contest at my school on the last day of classes, and a few of my friends were the organizers, so they made me play to even out the brackets. I ended up winning. >_> I felt bad so I gave the hundred bucks to the guy who lost.

Anduril
Aug 5, 2008, 08:42 PM
I never win at anything, and I never win anything. For example during a raffle I ended up winning the item I donated to the raffle -_-... I have no discernible skills or any form of luck on my side.

McLaughlin
Aug 5, 2008, 10:52 PM
I never win at anything, and I never win anything. For example during a raffle I ended up winning the item I donated to the raffle -_-... I have no discernible skills or any form of luck on my side.

I have the worst luck in the world, you can ask anyone who's ever been around me for ten minutes. When I win, it's through only hard work.

For instance, my brother just slammed the trunk shut on my hand. Then, on the way inside with the groceries, I slipped and smacked that same hand on the brick wall. I also crushed my favorite junk food in the process. ;_;

Leviathan
Aug 6, 2008, 12:59 PM

It's better to have bad luck then no luck at all. :wacko:

You'll win something eventually.

Rubius-sama
Aug 6, 2008, 09:53 PM
Not sure what I did but I received a new game in the mail from Official Playstation Magazine 10 years ago. It was a "wtf" moment, but I didn't complain.

chaoskila
Aug 6, 2008, 11:56 PM
There was a Halo contest at my school on the last day of classes, and a few of my friends were the organizers, so they made me play to even out the brackets. I ended up winning. >_> I felt bad so I gave the hundred bucks to the guy who lost.
:o
lucky windsor suxs they think halo is too violent BUT elementry kids play it lol
either way congrats.

Kard
Aug 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
I once won a game magazine competition and my prize was...

... Sonic Chaos for Master System.

go me~