PDA

View Full Version : Battle Mode Do's and Don'ts

haterade
Jan 28, 2003, 09:45 PM
Before I get flamed by the "pros", I am NOWHERE near an expert at Battle Mode! I'm just going by what I've seen, so stfu in advance kthx.

-DO get in close when using Foie/Barta attacks. These things are so horribly avoidable (from a certain distance), it isn't even funny. Better yet, use Zonde if you can't catch an opponent.

-DON'T use a Sword(not to be confused with 'saber'), unless it's all you can find. Using a sword against a person with daggers, ESPECIALLY a HUcaseal With daggers! You'll be lucky if you can land a hit in this case, due to the slow ass swing of the sword.

-DO find/use a handgun. They are your friend. Especially if you're a bot. You might not have MST, but you can shoot peoples traps and set em off without 'em expecting it.

-DO equip good armor when you find it. Remember, a Giga frame is BETTER than a frame http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-If you can, DO blast a FOnewm/FOnewearl with a RAfoie blast off the bat. It'll kill 'em instantly the first few times.

-Forces, DON'T rely on JUST techs. Traps work wonders too, y'know. I've lost alot of battles with my FOnewm for tech dependence.

-DON'T count on RAfoie to always connect. Sometimes lag time and warp time allow the potential victim to walk away unscathed.

Maybe y'all can add more...

BurgerDog_
Jan 28, 2003, 10:19 PM
I've only seen you battling in Antares 8 once. You wont get that good if all you're doing is battling in Vega. I mention Vega because you made a thread about how you were owning people there with you HUcaseal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BurgerDog_ on 2003-01-28 19:23 ]</font>

SkyHawkX
Jan 28, 2003, 10:20 PM
Forces who don't use traps need to meet me...

haterade
Jan 28, 2003, 10:42 PM
OMFG! Burgerdog! Did you even see my reply to that thread!? Plus, I ALWAYS start on Antares 08, and I NEVER see any games, and when I DO ask, NO one answers! kthx

Cube
Jan 28, 2003, 10:57 PM
*yawn*

I think I should sign on soon and give this broad a good ass whooping.

Geez, the last thing you want is BA Advice from a woman! >_<

-Cube, HUcast BA King

BurgerDog_
Jan 28, 2003, 10:57 PM
Easy - nope, I did not see your reply to that thread, mind showing me a link? OMFSGKJSKFJSL make a game and wait for the battlers to join. I just found it stupid how you were bragging about beating FOs(Vega) with your HUcaseal.

haterade
Jan 28, 2003, 11:08 PM
I hate it when people don't double check things before they attempt to flame.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39701&forum=1&5

Note to Burgerdog: Don't confuse someone being surprised with someone boasting. Besides, didn't I admit in the first line of this thread that I am nowhere near an expert battler? Reading is fun, sleep now... kthxbye

Cube: Get online and die! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BurgerDog_
Jan 28, 2003, 11:18 PM
I was surprised because you boasted about beating people who don't know shit about battle. "Hey, look at me, I can beat noobs!"

Cube
Jan 28, 2003, 11:28 PM
On 2003-01-28 20:18, BurgerDog_ wrote:
I was surprised because you boasted about beating people who don't know shit about battle. "Hey, look at me, I can beat noobs!"

Hey look at me I can beat everybody!

DELTRON_ZERO
Jan 29, 2003, 01:05 AM
so you can beat everyone?...or were you just being sarcastic...i hope it was sarcasim because Jared FOgle is willing and able to put your HUcast hide in between 2 pieces of Fresh Subway bread and comsume you with stealth that rivals solid snakes...and only 6 grams of n00b!!1

reply if you'd like to meet the only pso celebrity battler.

mmmmmmm

AzureBlaze
Jan 29, 2003, 01:23 AM
Is the new BA block Anteres 8?

I would fight more if there was some place I could go which was not loaded with n00bs who think that you have to go to the forest to have a real fight. Without a KB it is impossible to explain that everyone must quit buying monomate and go to the guild counter. (and then, even if you do, the fight is never much good/why bother fighting them anyway)

And also Cube,
I might like to have a rematch at some point, as we fought together (without a rule) that one time near the beginning of GC PSO, and I know it did not go as you had planned (because you died). I was the big purple/white guy with the Soul Eater, but it was still a good match. However since I was corrupted, everyone's card was lost.

So that this post fits with the thread:
Is it still a 'do' to cast barta through those short pillars (not the rubble) in R2, in order to flush out hiders? I know this worked well on DC...but did not test it on GC yet.

haterade
Jan 29, 2003, 02:56 AM
I know people can be stupid, but stupid and blind?! Do you read?!

I was surprised at the fact that people with battle wins didn't beat me. What's so boastful about that? kthxbye

Wewt
Jan 29, 2003, 02:18 PM
Best battler on PSO is probably SOURCE right now. Try battling him to see how good you are. Well, out of the English-speaking players.

SOURCE: If you ever read this, I am drunk and high... yeah.

Man, I'm so pissed off at how ST destroyed my beloved battled mode...

Hmm. Maybe the word "beloved" was too strong a word to use.

Edit: Stupidity results in bad errors.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2003-01-29 11:20 ]</font>

BurgerDog_
Jan 29, 2003, 02:53 PM
I would have to agree with WWWWWW on that one, Source is perhaps the best one in the US servers right now.

Haterade: Since when did beating someone with wins mean anything?

Cube: Last time we battled you got 4th place both times and you shrugged it off as saying you had a bad day, sure.

haterade
Jan 29, 2003, 03:10 PM
Wow... this is getting ridiculous. Burgerdog, you don't seem to understand simple logic. Wouldn't you think that someone with battle wins had the slightest idea of how to play? Would you invite the person with 10 wins to a fight, or the person with 0? I bet you that most people would talk to the former. Who the hell knows HOW someone is going to play BEFORE they play them? Common sense is fun, kiddo... and since you don't seem to have any, I won't even respond to you anymore... "OMFG I AM TEH KING OF NOOBS!"... gimme a fuckin break, you clown... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

By the way, Burgerdog, since all I beat are noobs,I guess that must mean that Auron s a noob, since we both beat each other in a one on one...still gotta tiebreak Auron, if you read this!

BurgerDog_
Jan 29, 2003, 03:21 PM
Haterade, wins don't exactly mean everything. What if all one battler did was Rule 1 and had 300 wins. You challenge him to a Rule 3 game and beat him, you think that makes you good? Wow, you beat Auron, I guess you're not a noob after all! What the fuck, I've gotten SOME first places while battling SOURCE and Auron, I must be some tight shit battler now. I am, by all means a Rule 3 noob. I'm not afraid to admit that, after all, all I did in v2 was Rule 6.

ChibiMyu
Jan 29, 2003, 03:42 PM
Well, I'm glad to see that BA mode is finally getting some attention around here again. But as you can see from the replies in this topic, battlers don't always seem to get along well. (BA mode has a lot of competition, so what can you expect though? :/) Ah well, as requested in the original post, here are my ideas (although it's more general tips than do's and don'ts):

- Learn the art of gifoie and all its uses. Learn to combo it with traps, learn how to get people behind walls, learn how to sneak into the middle of a chaotic room and cast at the right time. Learn it! And learn how to avoid it too.

- Learn the maps! The last thing you need is entering a delsaber room at the wrong time, but there are right times too. It's also good to know where all the boxes are and when they come...

- Learn how to dodge traps. You'll annoy those random trap setters as much as they annoy you.

- Barta owns you.

- If fighting more than one person, let the person who's in last place kill you. If you are in last place, let someone OTHER than first place kill you.

- Source is not the best battler as long as I'm alive! *dies* ...

- If you happen to find healing items, try not to forget about them. Also try not to be toggling through menus at the last minute and die before you use them.

- Take advantage of the 'r' quick menu. I tend to put resta at the top, because foie and zonde are already on my setup. Resta uses too much tp and heals too little on GC anyway.

On GC, humars can use autogun at level 20 in r6... *cough*

[edit: typed in MS word and smart quotes are dumb]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChibiMyu on 2003-01-29 12:48 ]</font>

Slash_Gunz
Jan 29, 2003, 04:15 PM
I've never seen Cube in a BA but yet I seen him here always talking about himself and how good he is.....you cant beat everybody.. as you say... and since this topic was about do and donīts about BA.. please do not talk about yourself regarding battle, let others do so..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slash_Gunz on 2003-01-29 13:19 ]</font>

Vyrus
Jan 29, 2003, 06:04 PM
battle is a fuckin disgrace now. gj haterade, you must be hella good if you can get wins!! oh man it's so hard to gifoie-ice trap/rafoie/foiex2-ice trap (btw you do know what that is right?) and all that other simple shit, not to mention that since ST made it crappier (techs 5x stronger + knock you down) it seems like everyone's a FO now. In v2, battles used to involve things like using your environment and using weapons, but now it's just who can rafoie/zonde/attack tech first. At least when r6 comes out I can still 4-way huc BA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vantamiath
Jan 29, 2003, 06:20 PM
Gawd SOURCE has his own fanclub now...

SOURCE will realize that when R6 rolls around his ass is grass.

Dont BA SOURCE haterade to test how good you are, because there's a fine line between skill and 'ZONDE hitting and running'.

SOURCE wins because he uses all of his tp, has a big fucking mouth, and makes damn sure he does both.

But really though, does that make him the best? We had a race going, and my record on him is now 53-108. Dont worry about him reading these posts either, the SE student doesnt like/have access to a comp.

SkyHawkX
Jan 29, 2003, 07:27 PM
I pwn j00 all.

I was the first to realize that Barta owned FOmars in JP PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Wewt
Jan 29, 2003, 09:47 PM
iHATEpsoCHEATERS: Calm down. I can pretty much guarantee you that SOURCE does NOT have a fanclub. Also, unless you can name a person that is a lot better than SOURCE at the moment in rule 3, go ahead. Until then, he is the best.

Skyhawk: You just suck. K>>>>>....... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

All rules except rule 6 bores the life out of me. I hate it. It hates me too.

Maybe when rule 6 comes out we can decide who are the best players, because it's the rule that is the hardest to master, and takes elements from all the other rules.

haterade
Jan 29, 2003, 10:37 PM
I can't take this anymore...

Wow... your idiocy is astounding. you're making it seem like I said I was the best battler ever, when in the fucking beginning of this thread, I said completely otherwise! You cocksuckers need to learn to fucking read. Burgerdog beat me today fair and square, so OMFG I R NO LONGER KING OF BA!111!!! MY LIFE IS OVUrrrRR!! Fuck, learn to read, all of you! I just asked people to put a few do's and don't in this thread, which by the way, only ChibiMyu did, and you cocksuckers wanna flame me for it!? Fuck off.

Ihatepsocheaters: Yes, the only move I do in BA is Zonde when they're running... I don't try to plant traps, nor shoot traps, nor attack people melee... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif play with me, then talk shit, otherwise, shut the FUCK up, you little bitch. And I played SOURCE once, when I was completely clueless on Battle Mode. Not saying that I'd win if he played me now, but whatever, I DON'T care!!! Think before you type, dickhead.

Vyrus: WHERE did I say that I was 'hella good'? Point the shit out to me, otherwise shut the fuck up... somebody slap this guy...

Burgerdog? You just beat me today! What the hell is YOUR problem?! "HI I'M HATERADE AND I THINK I'M TUFF SHITTT11!!! LEETNESS!!!" I thought we had a fun few games?! Two faced fucker...

Y'all NEED to stop utting words in my mouth, and get the dick out of yours... read the post for christs sake!

God... kill the idiots, please!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: haterade on 2003-01-29 19:51 ]</font>

BurgerDog_
Jan 29, 2003, 11:35 PM
You're fucking going nuts, this is my first post after we had that battle. Anything that comes before this shit is BEFORE we battled. Did I brag or make you feel bad after you lost all those games? Nope, I did not. Hell, I even asked you nicely if you wanted to battle and not once did we act like dicks toward each other during the battles. So what the fuck is your problem? Most of the people aren't even telling you anything, and yet you're telling them to suck a cock and lay off you.

Vantamiath
Jan 29, 2003, 11:50 PM
On 2003-01-29 19:37, haterade wrote:
Ihatepsocheaters: Yes, the only move I do in BA is Zonde when they're running... I don't try to plant traps, nor shoot traps, nor attack people melee... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif play with me, then talk shit, otherwise, shut the FUCK up, you little bitch. And I played SOURCE once, when I was completely clueless on Battle Mode. Not saying that I'd win if he played me now, but whatever, I DON'T care!!! Think before you type, dickhead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: haterade on 2003-01-29 19:51 ]</font>

I was talking about him. Think after you read.

GandorDurin
Jan 30, 2003, 12:08 AM
Now this is some high quality stuff right here!

Keep going until a moderator locks the topic! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mr_Snuggles
Jan 30, 2003, 06:57 PM
On 2003-01-28 18:45, haterade wrote:
Before I get flamed by the "pros", I am NOWHERE near an expert at Battle Mode! I'm just going by what I've seen, so stfu in advance kthx.

umm whats ur problem everyone? haterade is just explaining helpful tips...so what if there old news for most of us battlers its a helpful hint for sum of the noobs haterade beats in vega. Hey if she likes beating ppl in vega whats wrong with that? and if u guys have any grudges against haterade on anyother topic haterade might have said that he owns with his hucaseal then leave it at that topic. >=l

ABDUR101
Jan 30, 2003, 07:17 PM
Now I have to clean all of this testosterone off the walls. =/

..*looks at ceiling*

And how did it get up there?!

Take it to pm's. =

*lock*

*gets bucket and long handled mop*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-01-30 16:23 ]</font>