PDA

View Full Version : New to the game; also in the forums

naiz09
Aug 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hello, i'm new to this game and the forums :)
I'm going to play this game after i finished doing my job in mhp2nd. My question is can i easily understand the basics of this game even though i never played the ones in pc, xbox, ps2 etc?
Thanks in advance! :)

Akaimizu
Aug 4, 2008, 03:33 PM
If you can't read the Japanese, can't read the Katakana,
and you never played any version of PSU before; it may be a bit confusing for you.
That is, a lot of things wont be obvious so you might not know what to do.

Of course, if any of the 3 above is something you are familiar with, that will make understanding stuff a lot easier.

Technically, if you played any of the non-portable versions of PSU, (and know a little Katakana) you'll pretty much be able to work through the whole thing on just that.

Motion
Aug 4, 2008, 03:43 PM
Even if you can't read Katakana there are people who have translated the menus into english. Just google search and you will find it.
Or you can go to gamespot and search the forums there or on here.(Not sure if it is posted here if not let me know and I will post it)

Fry_Heit
Aug 4, 2008, 03:55 PM
And anyway, Phantasy Star Portable is very much like Phantasy Star Online in many ways. They simplified the game in many ways which makes it simpler for newcomers like you. You'll just have trouble with the Photon Arts stuff which is very confusing when you don't know anything about the game, especially if you don't speak a word of japanese :/.