PDA

View Full Version : Custom Ray ver.00 vs Varista

SilverShadow117
Aug 3, 2008, 09:07 PM
Which one is the better handgun?

Vanzazikon
Aug 3, 2008, 09:33 PM
Varista of course, So what it has lower accuracy at least it packs power to drop an elephant. And the evasion it gives helps hunters a lot.

Splash
Aug 3, 2008, 10:08 PM
Well let's look at each one.

Varista: Seize special which means it is good for androids who get a boost from it. It has a +10 EVP boost but does that really affect a lot in the long run? It also has a higher maximum ATP range, but also the lower minimum ATP range when ungrinded. Speaking of which, its grind is a measely +9.

Custom Ray ver.00: Flame special, absolutely useless. It has +40 ATA thus allows more accurate hits. The ATP range is smaller so the damage is more consistent. It has a +20 grind which means at max grind, it outbeats Varista at max grind. Furthermore, by using Custom Frame ver. 00 and Custom Barrier ver. 00 together with the Custom Ray, the weapon gets a 50% boost as well as the frame and shield which get a boost also.

So what it comes down to? Custom Ray ver.00.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2008, 10:29 PM
Varista, hands down.

SilverShadow117
Aug 3, 2008, 10:58 PM
its grind is a measely +9
Actually the max grind for Varista is 25.

Splash
Aug 3, 2008, 11:23 PM
Oh really? I don't remember it being that high. Well, if that's true, then Varsita kills the Custom Ray then. Still Custom Ray is useful when equipped with its respective frame and barrier.

EDIT:
Yep, my mistake. It is in fact +25. Guess that makes Varista the winner then.

Obscenity
Aug 3, 2008, 11:30 PM
Oh really? I don't remember it being that high. Well, if that's true, then Varsita kills the Custom Ray then. Still Custom Ray is useful when equipped with its respective frame and barrier.

EDIT:
Yep, my mistake. It is in fact +25. Guess that makes Varista the winner then.

I'd take Varista regardless of the grind, since the special is infinitely more useful.

Splash
Aug 4, 2008, 01:07 AM
Seize is an ok special. Except it's only useful on androids. The non-androids could have Holy Ray for that. Furthermore, no one uses a Varista just for the special in Hard difficulty which is where you can find one first.

So then the other factor comes down to is how well it does when performing as a damaging weapon. Quite frankly, in standalone, Varista beats Custom Ray immediately since no one uses a Custom Frame and a Custom Barrier at the same time anyways, which is only when the Custom Ray will ever beat the Varista in damage output. Since that never happens (or rarely does), Varista kills it.

Larusu
Aug 4, 2008, 01:37 AM
Is the "Custom" Series referencing anything in particular?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 4, 2008, 01:47 AM
You answered your own question. Custom Ray, Custom Barrier, and Custom Shield are considered a series.

Larusu
Aug 4, 2008, 02:27 AM
No, I mean another game, like with Egg Blaster, Samba Maracas...

Splash
Aug 4, 2008, 02:35 AM
It's part of the storyline. The series was used by an early Pioneer 1 military group which was named "Team 00". In the Respective Tomorrow quest, you can get these from a military commander which implies that this commander was somewhat involved with Team 00.

DRACO13198
Aug 8, 2008, 12:53 PM
DEFINITELY the Custom Ray Ver.00!!!

Whitewarrior52
Aug 8, 2008, 01:37 PM
Varista all the way. Though Custom Ray Ver.00 isn't that bad, I prefer the Varista's sieze ability over Custom Ray's flame ability.

SStrikerR
Aug 8, 2008, 07:41 PM
Varista.
The Custom ray is, as said before, virtually useless without being used with the custom frame and custom barrier, and nobody uses them at the same time.

zfighter14
Aug 30, 2008, 11:12 AM
The Custom Ray hands down

Udkedae
Sep 20, 2008, 06:58 PM
Custom Ray all the way for me. I had bothe on their max grind and I don't use weapons special abilities :lol:, making meaninless (for me) wich had the best special attack.

I used Varista at the end of Hard (right after a Railgun), and then I found a Custom Ray in Very Hard. Now I use a RED HANDGUN I found in Ultimate CAVES 1 :-D, so I don't think it matters much.

AlexCraig
Sep 20, 2008, 07:36 PM
Considering that I have a max grinded Varista and have used it more than my Custom Ray, Varista has my vote.

Splash
Sep 21, 2008, 02:19 AM
Old topic is old.

Udkedae
Sep 22, 2008, 12:15 PM
Ya, but my saying's always been "Don't let them die, give them a chance!" :lol:, and there's no rule against reviving a thread whatsoever :etongue:.

I don't mind, I've made up my mind and I like the Holy Ray :-D.

AlexCraig
Sep 22, 2008, 02:23 PM
It is an unspoken rule, Udkedae. In general, it is not good to bump topics 2 weeks or older or on Page 2. I didn't realize how old this was when I posted.