PDA

View Full Version : AotI Castest Line

Darkhaven
Aug 4, 2008, 07:20 PM
Can a cast of any class wear this? I want to buy it for my cast protranser but I'm not sure if I will be able to equip it.

ashley50
Aug 4, 2008, 07:22 PM
do this...

Get on to your CAST PT and go to the shop where the Armor is at.
if you see an "X" somewhere on the armor stats...it means that class can't wear it. or Race...

Xaeris
Aug 4, 2008, 07:24 PM
Transer doesn't count as a gunner for the purposes of equipping armor, so no, no Castest Line for you.

Mata
Aug 4, 2008, 07:24 PM
diiikaaadurrr

shintaHakamashi
Aug 4, 2008, 07:29 PM
Castest Line
From The PSUPedia
Castest Line
Jump to: navigation, search

A super high-end, custom-made line shield created for CASTs, by CASTs.
image:Star-C.pngImage:Star-C.pngImage:Star-C.pngImage:Star-B.pngImage:Star-B.pngImage:Star-B.pngImage:Star-A.pngImage:Star-A.pngImage:Star-A.pngImage:Star-S.pngImage:Star-S.png
[edit] Item details

* Contrary to the description, this line shield can be equipped by all races.
* Can only be used by "gunner" types: Fortegunner, Guntecher, Fighgunner, Acrotecher, Acrofighter, and Ranger.

[edit] Stats, synthesis, etc.
Stats
Type

image page
Def. 132 Att. 30
Rarity 11★ Eva. 271 Acc. 45
Ver. Ambition of the Illuminus Ment. 157 Tech. -
Mfr. G.R.M. End. 3 Req. 122

Board stats
Photon ??? photon x20 Ore Merculine x12
Hard material Nanopolymer x30 - -
[B] uses 1 Synth rate ??-76%
Synth time 5:00 [B] used [B] Castest Line

Pricing information
Line shield Board
Buy price N/A Buy price N/A
Sell price Unknown Sell price Unknown
Shop location N/A Shop location N/A
Slot information
Head Arm Body Extra
- 0 0 0

Drop information
Enemy/Mission Level Type
Mother Brain 125-149 Board

there. u should look into psupedia.com. it helps a ton.

goldbrease
Aug 4, 2008, 11:55 PM
since when are the acro classes gunners ?_?

McLaughlin
Aug 5, 2008, 12:05 AM
Since they both require Ranger.

darkante
Aug 5, 2008, 07:11 AM
Since they both require Ranger.

So do Protranser class as well... so there gotta be something more to it.

Retniwreven
Aug 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
Because Sega doesn't like Protransers very much in regard to armor.

darkante
Aug 5, 2008, 07:55 AM

Agreed, only chance for decent armour S-rank for them is Serafi-Senba which is a hell to get.
Which is a big bummer...da(i)mn.

Hrith
Aug 5, 2008, 11:06 AM
It's not very hard to understand, Protranser is a unique class which is considered neither force nor ranger, nor hunter. There has to be a requirement for the class, obviously, but that doesn't mean anything.

darkante
Aug 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
It's not very hard to understand, Protranser is a unique class which is considered neither force nor ranger, nor hunter. There has to be a requirement for the class, obviously, but that doesn't mean anything.

I feel they should get a own special S-rank armour, with 3 slots which covers Arm, Body, Extra.
And with it, they can increase the dmg and duration of ex traps.
That would be interesting, IMO.

NexGen
Aug 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
I feel they should get a own special S-rank armour, with 3 slots which covers Arm, Body, Extra.
And with it, they can increase the dmg and duration of ex traps.
That would be interesting, IMO.

I 100% agree. Something extra would help.

Or even an armor and trap combo, like Crimson Line and the Crimson. An EX Armor/trap combo would be great.

panzer_unit
Aug 5, 2008, 01:36 PM

Sega just doesn't like CAST 'transers, possibly because of the whole thing about being the only ones with the physical stats to fight effectively (they need every bit of ATA they can get and high ATP helps) along with having EX Traps to rack up charge for SUV attacks.

Anybody else is good to go with any S-rank Tenora armor when they find a Chaos Knight unit ... Rabol Cuesta (for stats) Rabol Gant and Asted (for set bonuses) are just as good until then.

dc534
Aug 5, 2008, 05:35 PM
I agree PT is not going to be getting to use a lot of the S-Rank armors, if you are dying to get some however the only two right now would be Serafi-Senba, and Shinowa Line. Both are very good armors for a PT. I would also reccomend Delette Lines, only A-Rank which for casts might be a downside but for the rest of us PT, I would say Delette Lines are good enough at the moment.

darkante
Aug 5, 2008, 10:23 PM
I agree PT is not going to be getting to use a lot of the S-Rank armors, if you are dying to get some however the only two right now would be Serafi-Senba, and Shinowa Line. Both are very good armors for a PT. I would also reccomend Delette Lines, only A-Rank which for casts might be a downside but for the rest of us PT, I would say Delette Lines are good enough at the moment.

Shinowa Line is crap. It doesnīt have a body slot...which is a pretty essentiel slot. >.<

Soukosa
Aug 5, 2008, 10:38 PM
On the JP version there's currently 20 S grade shield lines (http://www.amesani.org/psu/enbeta/item/gearsearch.php?search&type=4&rarity=4,10,&maker=&slot=&job=2048&sort=1,1&header=10#results) that are usable by PT. Many have all of the essential slots and can be any element.

panzer_unit
Aug 6, 2008, 09:34 AM
On the JP version there's currently 20 S grade shield lines (http://www.amesani.org/psu/enbeta/item/gearsearch.php?search&type=4&rarity=4,10,&maker=&slot=&job=2048&sort=1,1&header=10#results) that are usable by PT. Many have all of the essential slots and can be any element.

By 'many' for a Cast (where Extra is an essential slot) you mean Serafi, Shinowa, a 12* Yohmei armor that's like Shinowa without the END boost, and 13*~15* shields. On the other hand there are a decent set of element specific shields coming up from the looks of it.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
By 'many' for a Cast (where Extra is an essential slot) you mean Serafi, Shinowa, a 12* Yohmei armor that's like Shinowa without the END boost, and 13*~15* shields. On the other hand there are a decent set of element specific shields coming up from the looks of it.

And by 'coming up' you mean to say sometime later than 6 months from now. Everyone knows that the update schedule is slowly becoming more and more delayed and what was 4-6 months behind is quickly turning into 6+ months minimum. At the current rate we will not see any of those 13* and above line shields until 2009.

For now and the rest of the year, Serafi-senba is the only choice for a Cast PT. The one exception is for dark runs where the 3 STA on Shinowa Line may actually make up for the lack of a body slot.

Soukosa
Aug 6, 2008, 08:17 PM
By 'many' for a Cast (where Extra is an essential slot) you mean Serafi, Shinowa, a 12* Yohmei armor that's like Shinowa without the END boost, and 13*~15* shields. On the other hand there are a decent set of element specific shields coming up from the looks of it.Okay picky :p There's 6 shield lines (http://www.amesani.org/psu/enbeta/item/gearsearch.php?search&type=4&rarity=4,10,&element=0&maker=&slot=12&job=2048&sort=1,1&header=10#results) that have body and extra slots and can be any element that are PT wearable. The 10* GRM one (Green Green Line) makes a set with Koltova Gun and is easy to get from Koltovas. The 14* GRM one (Feril Line, maybe) drops from Jarbas quite often and when you guys get to the Dark Max Attack they'll be all over. The 13* Tenora is hybrid only but drops from SEED-Venus, so don't expect too many unfortanately.

Triple_S
Aug 6, 2008, 11:04 PM
And by 'coming up' you mean to say sometime later than 6 months from now. Everyone knows that the update schedule is slowly becoming more and more delayed and what was 4-6 months behind is quickly turning into 6+ months minimum. At the current rate we will not see any of those 13* and above line shields until 2009.

Which sucks no matter what since we're paying anywhere from 50-60 bucks for every update, pretty much.

darkante
Aug 6, 2008, 11:12 PM

For now and the rest of the year, Serafi-senba is the only choice for a Cast PT. The one exception is for dark runs where the 3 STA on Shinowa Line may actually make up for the lack of a body slot.

Itīs no wonder that PSO BB closed by looking at it, the unmentioned server did a better job maintening their server which is off course free more then the people on the official site ever did, and that is extremely pathetic.

panzer_unit
Aug 7, 2008, 08:16 AM
Okay picky :p There's 6 shield lines (http://www.amesani.org/psu/enbeta/item/gearsearch.php?search&type=4&rarity=4,10,&element=0&maker=&slot=12&job=2048&sort=1,1&header=10#results) that have body and extra slots and can be any element that are PT wearable. The 10* GRM one (Green Green Line) makes a set with Koltova Gun and is easy to get from Koltovas. The 14* GRM one (Feril Line, maybe) drops from Jarbas quite often and when you guys get to the Dark Max Attack they'll be all over. The 13* Tenora is hybrid only but drops from SEED-Venus, so don't expect too many unfortanately.

Well, that's the problem... armor for a Cast PT is really picky. I don't know if I'm happy or not that 13*+ stuff is reasonably obtainable, I figured they'd be 'rare' rares like 10*+ weapons in PSUv1.

Personally I've got a full set of Shinowa Lines and have no complaints with it. It's only really manageable as a PT when the going gets tough... if there's some group of monsters that are seriously going to mess me up with status attacks, it's a pretty good hint to fight fire with fire and drop an EX trap on 'em.