PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Is it possible to share the expansion?...

landman
Aug 5, 2008, 11:34 AM
I though I read that somewhere, and I tried this with a friend, but it's not working.. here is what we did:

- I recovered my gamertag in my friend's 360
- I downloaded the expansion
- I deleted my profile/gamertag
- Then we logged into her profile and put PSU, the game asks if you want to start AOI, then "yes" and the expansion title with "xbox live" appears

today she gets a credit card
today I recover my gamertag in my 360

Now she starts PSU, when asked to start AOI and pres "yes" the sega logo and sonic team appear but then the title is not for AOI but for normal PSU with "story mode" and "xbox live" in the menu, and she logs in as a vanilla player.

So the question is... is it posible to share the expansion with a similar method and I did something wrong or is it not and she will have to buy the expansion??

Telina
Aug 5, 2008, 11:48 AM
Like your psu account, your expansion data is linked to your gamertag. So although you may have downloaded it on two seperate hard drives no other GT will make use of them unless they purchased it.

You purchased the right to use the data, downloading is seperate. when you think of it like that it becomes a little clearer.

landman
Aug 5, 2008, 11:57 AM
Yes I know, and a lot of downloads in xbox live work that way, but I remember when the expansion was released that this worked for some people, and it worked yesterday when my gamertag was still recovered in her 360, but not today... I just wanted to know if I made something wrong or if I was mistaken about it from the beginning...

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
No, she just has to buy the expansion. PSU knows if somebody bought it or not.

afterthoughtz
Aug 5, 2008, 01:06 PM
No, she just has to buy the expansion. PSU knows if somebody bought it or not.
Lol why does everyone think they can pull a fast one over these large companies hahaha

Primes
Aug 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
I pulled a fast one with SoA President's daughter..Giggidy Giggidy..

Soukosa
Aug 5, 2008, 10:29 PM
Lol why does everyone think they can pull a fast one over these large companies hahahaBecause you can, with the PC version at least since Segac still refuses to use CD keys like the JP version.

Genoa
Aug 6, 2008, 03:02 AM
Because you can, with the PC version at least since Segac still refuses to use CD keys like the JP version.

Heh, Segac... I call them that all the time ;D
Xbox you have to buy your own copy.
PC however... no CD-Key. You just download the whole game onto hardrive then pass disk to all you friends to download and play with you at the expense of one man's purchase.

Brainwrecked
Aug 6, 2008, 05:31 AM
You can share the expansion as long as either of these conditions are met:

1) It's played on the console it was originally downloaded to
2) The gamertag that purchased it is present on the system

MooCowPirate
Aug 6, 2008, 10:23 AM
You can share the expansion as long as either of these conditions are met:

1) It's played on the console it was originally downloaded to
2) The gamertag that purchased it is present on the system

I can vouch for this.

afterthoughtz
Aug 6, 2008, 10:53 AM
Because you can, with the PC version at least since Segac still refuses to use CD keys like the JP version.
I wasnt talking about the pc version tho lol:-)

Proff
Aug 7, 2008, 12:24 AM
It's not like it's very expensive.

landman
Aug 7, 2008, 03:36 AM
Yes but my friend bough a 360 and a new modem just to play PSU, I was trying save her a little money lol