PDA

View Full Version : Advantages to playing New Game+ ?

_kenchin_
Aug 6, 2008, 01:32 PM
are their any advantages to playing story mode + ? any at all?

Oh and while i was working on english patch( no success yet...) i found our that it does 2 seasonal checks one for japan's winter ~march 31 and one for spring.....

Opy
Aug 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
goggles

also static box items, like system mags etc.

cant think of any other great reasons right now.

Neoptolemus
Aug 6, 2008, 03:34 PM
I think he is refering to the New Game+ option that you get after finishing the game. I was also wondering this. Has anyone been bold enough to try it yet? I was thinking that maybe it would give you the option of running the missions at a higher difficulty... It would be nice anyways.

_kenchin_
Aug 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
I was thinking this is how u get to lvl 200, it is story mode + after all. It must give you some type of advantages... I heard here in the forums that i copies your data not overwrite it, and u keep your level but loose all your PA skills items ect...

Alizarin
Aug 6, 2008, 04:26 PM
So far I see no discernible difference other that what is transferred and what isn't. I went through New Game+'s story mode and there isn't an option for higher difficulty levels. Story mode is still locked at C.

_kenchin_
Aug 6, 2008, 04:31 PM
So far I see no discernible difference other that what is transferred and what isn't. I went through New Game+'s story mode and there isn't an option for higher difficulty levels. Story mode is still locked at C.

are you at 100 yet? Have you surpassed 100?

oh and did it copy your data into another save file ?

Zarode
Aug 6, 2008, 04:35 PM
You restart at lv1.

You finish the story mode at lv6x.

No, I don't think he wants to grind, that much...

_kenchin_
Aug 6, 2008, 04:44 PM
lol

i mean does it copy your data and apply changes or does it overwrite your 1 save file...

Alizarin
Aug 6, 2008, 05:28 PM
lol

i mean does it copy your data and apply changes or does it overwrite your 1 save file...

You pick the file to overwrite. It can either be a empty file or an existing one, and then it'll be signified with a yellow "Copy".

Chimeria
Aug 6, 2008, 05:39 PM
You restart at lv1.

You finish the story mode at lv6x.

No, I don't think he wants to grind, that much...

Ok, Alizarin is basically saying that he didn't restart...everything is transferred. Then Zarode is saying that you restart at LV1. Which one is true?
And if you do restart at 1 with no LV200 cap and no higher rank quests then what's the point of doing story mode+? Are new weapons available?

Alizarin
Aug 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
Ok, Alizarin is basically saying that he didn't restart...everything is transferred. Then Zarode is saying that you restart at LV1. Which one is true?
And if you do restart at 1 with no LV200 cap and no higher rank quests then what's the point of doing story mode+? Are new weapons available?

Well, not everything is transferred. In fact, barely anything is. So far just your name, appearance, PM choice and name, level, Type levels, and clothing currently equipped. Money, equipment, PA exp, PAs earned, titles and everything else seems to be reset to as it was when starting a new game.

As far as I've played through it, it doesn't seem worth it to start a new game+.

By the way, the changes are pretty much documented here where Espio was translating the details of the screenshots:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147471&page=4

KASHIKU
Aug 6, 2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe a different ending ..just maybe.

Unknown_PC
Aug 6, 2008, 09:21 PM
Unless you're crazy about getting a better ending and Vivienne weapon or certain missable titles (A-rank Meat weapon comes to mind), you're better off sticking with post-game.

KASHIKU
Aug 6, 2008, 10:50 PM
Well it lets you copy that data into free slots also..that's why the "copy" thing , but still meaningless.