PDA

View Full Version : GC: RAmarl The Best Hybrid Character

Vampir
Jan 29, 2003, 12:28 PM
I have been thinking about making another Hunter character. My was set on making a HUnewearl because of the shifta and deband techs. But I also have a RAmarl. As I was comparing the two I noticed that the HUnewearl of course had more (base levels) power and def (some other ones are higher but not significant) and she can also use daggers and swords. On the other Hand RAmarl can use 100 more materials (assuming that psoworld info. is correct) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif She also has higher EVP and ATA. She can use Rifles and shots.
So, my question is which character is better make a Hybrid? And why? If your reasons are different from mine.

Eden
Jan 29, 2003, 12:52 PM
RAMARL

but HUNEWEARLS are hotter...so its a toss up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eden on 2003-01-29 09:53 ]</font>

Darkmage13
Jan 29, 2003, 01:15 PM
HUnewearls are a 1 newearl wrecking crew. Much better at handling groups than a RAmarl. If a RAmarl is stuck in an up close and personal situation she has to rely on partisan, techs, and evp.

HUnewearl's have good dfp, evp, but also superior atp and can use swords which are far better for getting out of sticky situations.

RAmarl's are better looking. HUnewearls look like prostitutes and you know it.

Yurika
Jan 29, 2003, 01:47 PM
Hunewhearl... We regenerate TP. 100 mats isn't a big deal, as long as you're not retarded and use all 150 materials slots up with def mats or something. ^_^ Human class just gets the shaft...

Jae
Jan 29, 2003, 02:09 PM
Having played both classes to lvl 100+, I can honestly say that both are great hybrid characters. They are basically the same with the exception of their weapon choices. It's a matter preference. Do you want to stand back and pick at the enemy's HP? Or do you want get up close and do some classic hack-and-slash.

Materials DO make a difference. 100 extra pow mats = 200 ATP... last I checked that makes a HUGE difference.

Vampir
Jan 29, 2003, 02:30 PM
Jae: Have you ever meleed with your RAmarl?

Jae
Jan 29, 2003, 02:50 PM
Yes, but only for comic relief. Unless you can get your hands on a BKB, Twin Blaze, or MKB, you're better off sticking with your guns or slicers and pecking away from afar. If you really insist on getting close (which I do a lot), mechguns are good for dealing out some choice damage on single enemies.

But always remember that no matter how far you tweak your RAmarl with MAGs and mats, even an equally tweaked HUnewearl will always be stronger. The only statistical advantage you'll have is ATA and EVP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-01-29 11:54 ]</font>

Kasera
Jan 29, 2003, 03:07 PM
HUnewearl - RAmarl

HP: 1308 - 1315
Winner: RAmarl by a tiny bit. As much as everyone seems to bitch about RAmarls having low HP, its the same as HUnewearls

ATP (growth): 835 - 743
ATP (max): 1237 - 1145
Winner: HUnewearl by about 100 points.

DFP (growth): 538 - 426
DFP (max): 589 -577
Winner: HUnewearl, she has more growth but the maxes are very close

MST (growth): 885 - 732
MST (max): 1177 - 1031
Winner: HUnewearl by a good amount, but since they can both learn the same spells, mst is only good for a few extra TP and resta.

ATA (growth): 147 - 216
ATA (max): 199 - 241
Winner: RAmarl by a few hundred miles. HUnewearls ata is horribly bad, either needing a few god/arms or a high dex mag to be decent.

EVP (growth): 666 - 798
EVP (max): 811 - 900
Winner: RAmarl by a lot again.

The materials really are what make the difference here though. HUnewearl is impossible to max, while RAmarl can be done easily. Snapple found a way to max everything spare for a few hundred points of MST, but she was using all 4 slots, and god/abilities in them to boot. RAmarl can be maxed excluding a few hundred mst with just a mag and 250 materials, leaving her 4 slots free.

Even if both classes could be maxed, RAmarl is only behind by small amounts on atp and dfp, while her ata and evp stagger over the HUnewearls. Its simple which class is better really =P

Para
Jan 29, 2003, 03:23 PM
HUnewearl because HUnewearls have the increased attack damage... given with a good ATA... she can be as strong as a RAmarl using ranged weapons.

Sasarai
Jan 29, 2003, 03:24 PM
Being completely subjective, I like RAmarls better just because and the stat comparison post proves they are. But as I've posted before, it seems the females of each class have a better balance of stats compared to their male counterparts.

I have a RAmarl and HUnewearl and I luff 'em both over any of my male characters.

Back to the point, pick a RAmarl. If you want a butch melee fighter, make a HUcast. However, for balance, go with RAmarl (plus, rifles are fun)!

Elixer
Jan 29, 2003, 06:15 PM
both are good character but i would say HUnewearl is my favorite and i think is better of the two. she is stronger and i enjoy playing with her more then my ramarl.

DemiDeviMatt
Jan 29, 2003, 08:26 PM
i made both...for specific reasons...

HuNewearl-made one in the DC version...saw how she holds her 0wn...plus shes a hot babe...my personal fav is her pink-fit with short hair and big boobs...she has fast dagger and claw speed, also good with hand/mechguns but not with sabers IMO and partisans are ok...but all in all whether focusing on 1 guy or alot shes good.

RaMarl-i picked her cuz she holds her gun like a G!!! thats mainly the reason i chose her...cuz she holds her gun like a G...otherwise shes the ranger counter part to the hunewearl with out TP regen.

all and all id say they are both good

Cloak
Jan 29, 2003, 11:24 PM
Note: You asked if you should pick a "hybrid", and I say don't pick one if you plan on being like everyone else and giving her all power mats. Kinda defeats point. (Unless you're an angry humar that lost his shifta/deband)