PDA

View Full Version : Heh.. got to ultimate on lvl 50

Khali-rei
Jan 29, 2003, 01:55 PM
i'm surprised I lived through that damn thing as a force, but then again having a mag really really helps. And I must say that the mag is the most important item in the whole game. A good, custom Item.

Buuyon
Jan 29, 2003, 02:02 PM
...YOU LIE!!!!!!!!! you can't go on ult at lvl 50...you sure you wernt high and hit vhard?

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Jan 29, 2003, 02:10 PM
shut up buuyon, you can go to Ultimate mode offline anytime you want, just as long as you unlock it.

Goza
Jan 29, 2003, 02:14 PM
I did 40. It is entirely possible. Since FOs can hit invincible DF with foie, you can do it even earlier with a giant mess of scape dolls, probably.

Congrats. I was worried when I tried it because I almost ran out of scapes. I think I took 8. What gear did you use?

Reven
Jan 29, 2003, 02:38 PM
VH Falz is a panzy to a FO as long as you bring along 4 God/HPs.. heh, I think I was lvl 43 when I took him with my FOnewearl

High Lvl Foie is important to

TeamPhalanx
Jan 29, 2003, 02:39 PM
I really never saw the point in struggling through a battle just to reach a higher difficulty level. It's just not worth it the way I see it.

As for whether or not it's possible, I suppose if anyone wanted to and was willing to put in the time, Ultimate mode is obtainable when you're around level 30.

Vampir
Jan 29, 2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah it takes too much time to kill ULT. monsters at a low level. For FO's you will use too much TP I don't care how you agument your stats (i.e. mag and Materials) RA with there low ATP will struggle and HU at a low level will be sitting on their arse more than fighting.

Buuyon
Jan 29, 2003, 02:54 PM
On 2003-01-29 11:10, ChronoTrigga wrote:
shut up buuyon, you can go to Ultimate mode offline anytime you want, just as long as you unlock it.

i thought he meant online...

Wewt
Jan 29, 2003, 02:55 PM
Start at level 1 as a force, perhaps a newman type, with a very high mind mag and techs to match, and 4 God/HP. You can virtually walk to Ultimate mode.

Smash
Jan 29, 2003, 03:00 PM
i got into ult with my FOmar at lv 51. but i'm lv 73 now and already in ult ruins. of course i can't beat falz with my low hp but it sure helps me lv way quicker

Jae
Jan 29, 2003, 03:08 PM
I'd say it's worth it to get to Ultimate early since the exp difference between VHard and Ult is like night and day. Only a week after my RAmarl broke into Ultimate (also at lvl 50), she's already at lvl 101. That's not saying much either since I have a full time job and full time night classes.

This is a little trickier for an HU, but I'd say Fake in Yellow can wean even a weak HU to higher levels fast. I imagine a lower level FO with high level techs would still have a field day in the first two levels of Ultimate, but I could be wrong.

Auracom
Jan 29, 2003, 03:50 PM
wow thats nutz, good stuff!

Para
Jan 29, 2003, 05:56 PM
the only reason i can see by getting into ultimate as fast as possible is trying to get the good rares there... other than that... its a waste of time if you are low level.

Vantamiath
Jan 29, 2003, 06:07 PM
I got to Ultimate at level 86 19.

I got a picture to prove it..hmm where is it...

hello, you have just read sarcasm.

Elixer
Jan 29, 2003, 06:11 PM
i got to ultimate with my fo at 55 i think

Reven
Jan 30, 2003, 02:35 AM
I for the most part have to agree with Team Phalanx and the other posters about whether or not it's worth it, I don't think so... only with a properly prepared FO because it's easy even on Ult. When I got to Ult. with my FO at 43 I was able to clear about 2 rooms of the Forest without having to use a Trifluid to refill, I could almost clear the whole forest without piping for a refill.

I had almost all my Techs around 26 and had about 1500 TP with my 3 God/Minds equipped. Went a little slower when I went to areas other than the Forest because I prefer to have my God/HPs equippped over having TP, but it still wasn't hard with her.. I could clear Ult. (excluding Falz) alot quicker with my 43 FO than I could with my 100ish HU.

This brings me to another point though, playing style.. I still prefer playing my HUcaseal over my FO. FO is just to easy and I like just running up and wailing on things with my HUcaseal, it's funner to me.. That's why my HUcaseal is 121 now and my FO is only 76

angelzeero
Jan 30, 2003, 04:16 AM
I beat Normal at lvl 50.
YESSSSS!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

hucasts_rock
Jan 30, 2003, 07:45 AM
I didn't even BEAT normal with my corrupted lvl 117 FOmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Khali-rei
Jan 30, 2003, 12:57 PM
level 19? sorry but that's a big fat lie, considering that you forcefully have to level up going thru normal, hard and very hard mode. I did mine straight thru minus 5 levels I earned while playing in multiplayer mode. And the only reason I did this is because I want to level up faster in ultimate.

MissJester
Jan 30, 2003, 01:23 PM
I beat V-hard at level 51 with my FOnewearl, and level 56 with my HUnewearl. Its totally worth it to go to Ultimate, just for the XP alone. With my force i went through all 8 of my scape dolls on the last form when he cast Grants I had 3 HP left, but the swipe still killed me. I think i used Dragon HP x2 Resist/Holy, and Metal/Body.

Goza
Jan 30, 2003, 02:29 PM
On 2003-01-29 23:35, Reven wrote:
I for the most part have to agree with Team Phalanx and the other posters about whether or not it's worth it, I don't think so... only with a properly prepared FO because it's easy even on Ult. When I got to Ult. with my FO at 43 I was able to clear about 2 rooms of the Forest without having to use a Trifluid to refill, I could almost clear the whole forest without piping for a refill.

I had almost all my Techs around 26 and had about 1500 TP with my 3 God/Minds equipped. Went a little slower when I went to areas other than the Forest because I prefer to have my God/HPs equippped over having TP, but it still wasn't hard with her.. I could clear Ult. (excluding Falz) alot quicker with my 43 FO than I could with my 100ish HU.

This brings me to another point though, playing style.. I still prefer playing my HUcaseal over my FO. FO is just to easy and I like just running up and wailing on things with my HUcaseal, it's funner to me.. That's why my HUcaseal is 121 now and my FO is only 76

I'm going to agree with you. I think Phalanx is right with other character classes, but the properly played force can go through Ultimate Forest on level 40 with high level techs without getting hit, for the most part.

I really don't like the FO playing style, which is entirely personal (please don't hurt me). However, if you are willing to play that style, they do seem capable of going through the game much faster. Again, once I find that damned Agito, I'm deleting my level 61 FO and making HUnewearl or RAcast probably.

Maelkith
Jan 30, 2003, 03:09 PM
remember version 2? you could get a humar to ulti at 58, but when you got there you were as useless as tits on a bull. couldnt hit anything, one hit killed, no rares of use until you get to forest 2. i dont think ver2 rares appeared until you passed some invisible level cap. forces could get there earlier, but techs were also to no avail.

this shows how much they really watered ulti down from before.

you may be able to get your force to ulti at level 50, which is a feat to be congratulated, but what fun is standing in doors casting rafoie or gizonde, and running for your life when noticed. if you have a huge bankroll and you can afford the massive tp cost go for it, but the items in ulti forest are pitiful when reselling. you will soon find yourself hunting armor and shields in vhard mines.

Blenjar
Jan 30, 2003, 04:18 PM
I GOT TO ULTIMATE AT LV 12

Maelkith
Jan 30, 2003, 04:28 PM
i love these inane posts of "i gets ta ulty at lebble 3". there is enough exp in a single vhard run to take a level 1 character to level 35. i know most are just kidding but try to be funnier, lie with skill.

Ghaleon
Jan 30, 2003, 05:07 PM
well i think its just nice to know you got to ultimate at a low level. some people do it just to say they have

mystic_knight
Jan 30, 2003, 05:48 PM
On 2003-01-30 09:57, Khali-rei wrote:
level 19? sorry but that's a big fat lie, considering that you forcefully have to level up going thru normal, hard and very hard mode. I did mine straight thru minus 5 levels I earned while playing in multiplayer mode. And the only reason I did this is because I want to level up faster in ultimate.

Maybe that's why he added the line: hello, you have just read sarcasm. Maybe...just a thought o.O.

Kasera
Jan 30, 2003, 06:01 PM
Ult at level 41 with a RAcaseal!

http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/stuff/41.jpg

(note thats a crappy digital camera picture)

I was actually level 39 in the room before falz, but I leveled, and falz gives 12k exp so that ended being another whole level for me -.-

watashiwa
Jan 30, 2003, 06:33 PM
My God, Rhete, you are THE MAN. But I'll get less than LV 41 later with my HUcast. =3

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 30, 2003, 06:33 PM
I felt good getting to ULT on GC offline at lv 60.(RAmar Varista no %)

No one can take away my happiness. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2003-01-30 15:34 ]</font>

GandorDurin
Jan 30, 2003, 07:07 PM
Got to Ult at level 50 something with my HUmar. Finally a real challenge! ...For about 10 levels.

At around the same time, I found the PSOW webpage and learned about the telepipe trick. So, I decided to find myself a Pal Rappy! It made me dead real fast (One hit, actually). I probably shouldn't have tried to melee it. Oh well, 2 Pal Rappies later (I think), I got my Red Partisan. That was my weapon of choice until almost level 130, and the discovery of the high hit % mechgun type weapons.

Now even episode 2 Ultimate isn't that hard. (Although online by myself is pretty tough.)

Reven
Jan 31, 2003, 04:28 AM
On 2003-01-30 12:09, Maelkith wrote:
you may be able to get your force to ulti at level 50, which is a feat to be congratulated, but what fun is standing in doors casting rafoie or gizonde, and running for your life when noticed. if you have a huge bankroll and you can afford the massive tp cost go for it, but the items in ulti forest are pitiful when reselling. you will soon find yourself hunting armor and shields in vhard mines.

We're you speaking of GC Version here or DC Version 2? I haven't needed a huge bankroll at all in GC Ult with my FO, as mentioned earlier I can clear almost the whole Forest with only 10 Trifluids, that's only 36k, I make that back on the stuff I collect along the way easy... and I have no need to stick to Forest either, it's just the easiest way for exp.

However, all though I rarely need to run when noticed and I don't use area affects all that often (I'm a FOnewearl, better at simple techs) I don't like playing my FO to much.. FO playing style just isn't for me, every once in awhile I like switching to her and just obliterating the enemies, but like I said in my previous post I like my HUcaseal best..

VulpesMundi
Jan 31, 2003, 05:09 AM
I got my HUmar into Ultimate at level 43. Granted it's a little slow, it's not so bad in the Forest and likely the Cave once I decide to take him there (currently hunting Pal Rappy and a Red Partisan). Given the power, without Shifta and even without Zalure, a physical fighting character can do some decent damage with the right MAG and weapons. This is one of the reasons why I like mechgun-class weapons so much. You can continuously wail on a critter for a high total damage and push it back enough to avoid getting hit. And if there's more than one critter you can usually use the front target as a wall to block the rest of the critters from attacking. Of course I don't recommend trying to get into Ultimate ASAP to everyone. You really have to know what you're doing and have the right equipment to be effective.

Forces, imo, have the easiest time. All they really need to survive is decent spell levels and some */HP units (God/HPs can be found in Very-Hard on the proper IDs).

As for minimum level to achieve Ultimate, I'd wager it's around level 35 or so. You're forced to kill some critters on your way through each of the levels on each of the difficulties.