PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst LINUX

Digg
Aug 8, 2008, 05:49 AM
hello all! i dont know how many ppl here actually plays pso active anymore. i know that after i found the [REMOVED], i really really wanted to start play again. i have not played since pso first came out on DC and have really missed it for years now.
anyways, i got one pain in the butt; i had to install windows just for one single game. so, actually, this post is for all you linux ppl here. this game is actually pretty close (i think!) to run on Wine (the windows emulator in linux, www.winehq.com). would love to go back to 100% linux box AND play the fantastic game PSOBB. help out the linux PSO players with a vote for a known bug over at winehq site!

The PSOBB Status site:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10477&iTestingId=27775

"Vote" for bug:
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12964

That would be totally awsome if you fellow pso fans could help out us linux ppl run this sweeeet game!!

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2008, 06:03 AM
There's a reason they censor the private server names.

Don't say them.

DC_PLAYER
Aug 8, 2008, 08:24 AM
you want to make the game work so you can play on that server?

simple, just make the question at that server forum, your not the 1st one with problems so they probably know better.

also, edit that server name please.

Digg
Aug 8, 2008, 08:49 AM
oh i am very very sorry if private servers are tabu here! :( i thought it was cool since the official, at least many of them, are closed as far as i know, and this seems like a very legit/stable/good option to fans of the good old classic. my bad!

i think the "problem" running in linux, is not related to the private server, but to the game itself! just to clear that! :)

regards

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2008, 05:11 PM
Reading the stickies will get you caught up, and also help you out on your way too.

By the way, Welcome to PSO-W!

larva_pro
Mar 4, 2009, 05:17 PM
I thinks it's ridicules not been able to talk about private servers, if sega officially close their servers, and they really don't care if the private server exist. really I thinks this rule is way extreame.

btw there more than one server out there.

h2modified
Mar 12, 2009, 12:54 AM
I thinks it's ridicules not been able to talk about private servers, if sega officially close their servers, and they really don't care if the private server exist. really I thinks this rule is way extreame.

btw there more than one server out there.

larva that rule isnt there because of what the company sega does about the existing private servers. it is simply a rule because sega has never said that they were allowed. i am new here and i understand this, plus it is a member's duty here to follow rules.

and btw, I REPORTED BUG! =DDD
helping out a fellow pso player.
also havent played since DC (tried GC but didnt like)

cApNhOwDy
Mar 12, 2009, 01:26 AM
I support the PSOBB on Linux effort. Such a great game deserves to be enjoyed across as many platforms as possible.

Ketchup345
Mar 12, 2009, 04:10 PM
Please don't bump topics older than a month or so.