PDA

View Full Version : Is TP trick evil?

Auracom
Jan 29, 2003, 03:22 PM
This question was brought up in an older topic, it was just never answered, and frankly i wanna know.
Does the Telepipe trick weaken the laser of your gamecube? And if so has it happened to anyone yet?
(Oh ya and i just saw Hildetorr damn he's freaky only got 1900 mesta though)

Annoy
Jan 29, 2003, 05:03 PM
Weaken the laser? What are you talking about? As far as I know (not much) there would be no reason FOR it to weaken the Cube laser. Even if it is constantly having to read the data.

Eumcoz
Jan 29, 2003, 05:16 PM
i don't think that the tp trick does, but something did to my old gc, it sucked. I just got pso for christmas, i tried turning on my gc, and i got a "could not read disk" error, i tried getting help, but all nintendo says is goto one of our repair shops(closest one is like 80 miles away). so i ended up buying a new one cause my warrenty wore out about 2 weeks before it happen. i don't think i did tp trick that much those 2 days(if at all).

Elixer
Jan 29, 2003, 08:29 PM
i have done the tp trick kinda of a lot. and it hasnt done anything to my gamecube

GaijinPUnch
Jan 29, 2003, 08:37 PM
This is a common topic on the JPN side of things. The fact is, you're doing almost non-stop loading on your GC. I don't think it'll weaken the laser, but add use-time to your GC (more than normal) yes, I think that's quite obvious. Whether this will make it break in the long run, who knows.

One guy put it quite well when explaining TP'ing online.

"You have to TP offline. If you try it online, you're just breaking your GC, and will never find the rare enemey). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seph5172
Jan 29, 2003, 08:53 PM
I have tried it like, 5-10 times and it NEVER works... and yes it was offline...

ArcticChaos
Jan 29, 2003, 09:27 PM
I've never actually done the pipe trick. (mainly because I don't really know how) Can someone fill me in on exactly how it works. I've got a little bit of a clue just need to make sure.

Ghaleon
Jan 29, 2003, 10:00 PM
my cube is fine and dandy

Auracom
Jan 29, 2003, 10:09 PM
Alrite thats cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
There goes one problem, but the buying 100's of telepipes drains on my characters wallet. Ah well. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Sedyne
Jan 29, 2003, 10:11 PM
Who really does this come on honestly. I've been doing offline ep2 and today i ran into a Love Rappy which dropped me damn meseta, and yesterday i ran into the orangy/yellow multicolored rappy and it dropped me a shitty flowens shield but hey! its all good!

flux-equals-rad
Jan 29, 2003, 11:28 PM
i do the TP trick alot actually, doesnt take very long and the rewards can be great depending on your id.
so far ive gotten:
frozen shooter
4 god/powers
god/mind
2 morning glory
sange
db sword (not saber)
kamui
guard wave
so yeah, i think its worth the effort..saw 3 red slimes in 35 minutes in addicting food...
a friend of mine got a demo comet with crazy %s doing it also...now hes working on getting his lavis cannon..6 slimes and counting...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Driadyte
Jan 30, 2003, 02:43 AM
I'm at 4 slimes....and I've found 2 Demo Comets, no %s. I assume your friend is Redria. My past 3 or so Addicting Food runs have been really dry. No Mils or Red Slimes, and I TPed a combined total of at least 150 times in the 2-slime room, in addition to fully splitting every other slime I see.

Anyway, the TP trick is this:

Offline, find a room with a fair amount of the common enemy you're looking for (ie, lilies, rappies, etc). Lay down a pipe and go up. Go back down the pipe. Check to see if any of the enemies are rare. Lay down another pipe. Lather, rinse, repeat. Some people say that you can't damage the enemies in the room or it won't work. I don't know exactly, but I do know that it doesn't matter if you kill a wave or two of enemies before that in the same room (ie, the 2-slime room in Addicting Food. I've gotten two red slimes there from TPing), but I don't know about hitting the enemies you're trying to get rarified. Sometimes it works quick, sometimes you waste money. For a HUcast the money isn't a big deal, unles you're like me and forget to put your 500k+ meseta in the bank before doing Famitsu Cup on Ultimate solo. Que idiota soy?

Roontek
Jan 30, 2003, 04:06 AM
Sorry to ask such a "noob" question, but what is the TP trick??? How do you preform it???

GaijinPUnch
Jan 30, 2003, 06:48 PM
Okay, here's how the TP trick works. I don't know why the US gamers decided to call it that, since it makes more sense to use Ryuka (if you're not an android).

Here's how I do it w/ my tech-friendly characters.
1: Set Ryuka in my shortcut
2: Get to where I want to do the trick. There need to be a lot of enemies around that have a rare-version. For first timers, I suggest Fake in Yellow (but make sure the rare enemy drops something you want)
3: When the enemies appear, open a pipe, and go back to the city.
4: Go back through the pipe. The enemies reset, and there's a chance you get a rare one.
5: If the rare one isn't there, repeat steps 2-4 until you see one. Kill him, and hope he drops the item.

Never done it w/ my one android character, but if I did:
1: Set TP in my shortcuts
2: Get to where I wanted to do the TP trick
3: Pipe back to the city.
4: Buy 10 pipes, and place them next to where the opened pipe is.
5: Do Step 4 about 10 times (this way you don't have to go to the shop so much)
6: Then I'd start doing the TP trick, killing any rare enemy that popped up along the way.

FYI, here are the best places to do the TP trick.

1: Pal Rappy - Fake in Yellow, no doubt.
2: Red Slime - Addicting Food. I don't know hwo to do this w/ an android. If you've got a human, get to where the two slimes appear, Rabarta them until there are 8. TP -> City -> Repeat.
3: Hildetoor - Forrest of Sorrow. This is a bit of a trick. You have to leave the two on the penninsula (They're in an are by themselves). Go to the back room near the baby Hildebear. Two will drop down when you enter - don't touch them. Go to the BACK and another will drop - kill him. Then one more will drop - kill him. Then two more will drop. There's 4, plus the other 2 in the other room. Now you can TP 6 Hildetorrs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
4: Mil Lilly - Waterfall of no Return (the one w/ all the Nano Dragons). There's a room w/ 6-7 Lillies right next to each other. Easier than Addicting Food as you can see when they're shooting Megid at you.

Episode II - no offline quests now, so you just have to do it on the normal stages.

Tavia
Jan 31, 2003, 11:03 AM
On 2003-01-30 15:48, GaijinPUnch wrote:
Okay, here's how the TP trick works. I don't know why the US gamers decided to call it that, since it makes more sense to use Ryuka (if you're not an android).

I would say it makes more sense, because even if the related Technique is called Ryuker, the portal itself is called a Telepipe. Plus, saying "TP Trick" rather than "Ryuker Trick" universally applies to everyone.

Although, personally, I prefer to say "Telepipe Trick" in full, because TP just makes me think of toilet paper all the time...

ArcticChaos
Feb 3, 2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks for informing me on how to do the pipe trick. My brother is in the other room doing it trying to find a hildetor. I seriously doubt he will find one.

ArcticChaos
Feb 3, 2003, 04:55 PM
Ummm... Don't think I'm stupid for asking this though but does the pipe trick work on multiplayer?

liquidshinefreak
Feb 8, 2003, 06:55 PM
yes