PDA

View Full Version : lolclothes... random?!

Kylie
Aug 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
Clothes are important to me, I'm a girl, etc.

Unlike other clothing, you cannot select a color combination with this exchange. http://psupedia.info/The_Clothier

Mikunas, Voloyal (other colors), and the rappy suit (other colors) are like this. Now, I didn't find this out until yesterday, and now I'm pissed to find out it's true. I suppose there are bigger fish to fry, but what's the point of this?! I only wanted one or two colors of each, and I can't help that Sonic Team is color blind and will make colors no one wants. Not to mention, caseals won't have this issue. At least the other sets aren't like this, but man, it's still lame.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 9, 2008, 11:49 AM
Wow, that's totally lame. So they just randomly pick colors for you? :disapprove:

Aisha379
Aug 9, 2008, 11:51 AM
PSU should (and I have said this since the beginning) let you color your own clothes, a la hair/eye color editor.

Let you pick different parts to specify, etc.

Theres no logical reason not to have this. Because sometimes I might like the shirt from one set and the pants from another, but I can't do that because they look like ass together due to the (incredibly odd) choices of colors.

SStrikerR
Aug 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
This is one of many reasons why SEGA 10 years ago is>>>>>>>>>>>>>SEGA now.

Sidney
Aug 9, 2008, 06:12 PM
I SO agree! I mean, with the insane item requirements, you think they wouldn't make it random. I just hope I get the pink set. I have 4 sets of items for Mikuna's set ready! xD If I don't get pink, the jerk developer who made it this way is getting a stiletto up the ass. :3

The only part about this game that I care about is fashion xD
So when I heard about the random thing, I was upset as well.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 06:21 PM
Beggars can't be choosers. :/

Aisha379
Aug 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
Beggars can't be choosers. :/

Beggars also don't pay $9.99 a month and go collect insane item requirements for clothes.

So I really fail to see how "beggars" fits into this equation.

Feelmirath
Aug 9, 2008, 07:00 PM
On the plus side, they aren't the worst requirements out of the lot.

But still... :/

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
Doesn't the Rappy suit do like, ya know, nothing?

Ceresa
Aug 9, 2008, 07:47 PM
They want you to you know, trade/interact with other people, that person trading a white mikunas for your blue clearly has a vision for their character and you all can have a lovely 6 hour room session talking about how great Miyabikata and Pritia set are and how fucking terrible anything found in moatoob shops is. Of course given this is an action game you'd think they would encourage people working together with actual hard missions and not some clothes...

Anyways, just get 10 of all the necessary materials per set and go trade in, sell the unwanted to uggos wearing ewboaboa, buy more if you don't get the color you need.

~I'm sure you guys have like 12 months to gather enough mats before NA gets the update ohoho~

Turned a nice 20m profit in rappy suits already to lazy fucks (2m in mats give or take, yet most colors sell for 3-4 and several for 7-10...), still didn't get the uber aqua blue color I wanted but seems my pink one is currently the rarest and most expensive and therefore best so I'm ok with that...

As for casts, they need to turn in an ascension gift for one of their sets, not really an enviable position.

btw black/gold is the best Mikunas.

amtalx
Aug 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
Good reason to make a Cast...

Sidney
Aug 9, 2008, 08:23 PM
ALERT! ALERT! MALE NERDS HAVE INVADED THIS THREAD 8D
Run for cover, Kylie! Into the bomb shelter!

But you know, heaven forbid not everyone on this game is a pimply nerd who wants to kill monsters all day! Some of us are *gasp* female, and enjoy the social and dress-up aspect of the game, where we talk and hang out. So yes, some of us are looking forward to this exchange mission and are irked about the fact it's going to be hard to get the color we want! You nerdmen can go bitch about low synth rates or whatever, and we can bitch about clothing colors, kay?

You men go along hunting your LOLRARZ, which are just as silly as virtual clothing. Now mind me while I pull my stiletto out of some asses. :3 (If you guys even KNOW what that IS.)

Aisha379
Aug 9, 2008, 09:00 PM
ALERT! ALERT! MALE NERDS HAVE INVADED THIS THREAD 8D
Run for cover, Kylie! Into the bomb shelter!

But you know, heaven forbid not everyone on this game is a pimply nerd who wants to kill monsters all day! Some of us are *gasp* female, and enjoy the social and dress-up aspect of the game, where we talk and hang out. So yes, some of us are looking forward to this exchange mission and are irked about the fact it's going to be hard to get the color we want! You nerdmen can go bitch about low synth rates or whatever, and we can bitch about clothing colors, kay?

You men go along hunting your LOLRARZ, which are just as silly as virtual clothing. Now mind me while I pull my stiletto out of some asses. :3 (If you guys even KNOW what that IS.)

What a totally non-obnoxious and bigoted post we have here!

If you've noticed, everyone else agrees that the inability to choose colors is stupid - despite their gender. So why you bring that up is beyond me.

I'm a guy, I like killing monsters and also enjoy the fashion side of PSU.

Lots of girls like killing stuff. Though I'd have to say paying to play PSU purely for the socialization would be odd.

And a stiletto is a short type of dagger. Used a lot during World War I and II. Why you (as a female who implied to hate killing monsters) is sarcastically wondering if males (who you seem to be under the impression are ALL nerdy monster killers) know what a particular kind of weapon is, is beyond the bounds of humorous irony.

And on the chance your post was just a badly conceived joke, then ignore everything I have said~

They want you to you know, trade/interact with other people, that person trading a white mikunas for your blue clearly has a vision for their character and you all can have a lovely 6 hour room session talking about how great Miyabikata and Pritia set are and how fucking terrible anything found in moatoob shops is. Of course given this is an action game you'd think they would encourage people working together with actual hard missions and not some clothes...

I dunno. I doubt they designed it like that solely to encourage people trading and socializing...

Though not like I can think of a better (logical) reason...

I still think being able to create the colors for your own clothes should be a future update </3

Shadowpawn
Aug 9, 2008, 09:02 PM
I think she was referring to a stiletto heel, not the knife.

Kylie
Aug 9, 2008, 09:02 PM
My problem with this is that you have to spend time getting stuff, and then you might get an ugly color that you never wanted. And why? For more interaction with people? Tch, that really doesn't make any sense. But, alas, I'll deal with it because I don't have any other option, and it's not like this is the only thing on PSU I've thought was silly, and I know it won't be the last. *tries to count blessings* This just irks me.

Sidney
Aug 9, 2008, 09:06 PM
Yup, stiletto heel. :3 Shadowpawn gets cake! <3
And Aisha, my post was for the lulz. Calm down~ Plus, that was only aimed to the dissenters, not to someone like you who agrees with the fact it's silly! Take a chill pill! My post was in good humor, but honestly stems from the fact that guys on this game just don't get why a lot of the girls enjoy the fashion/socialization aspect. They say this complaint is silly, but they complain about equally stupid things. :p (As Kylie says, this will certainly not be the last stupid thing in PSU.)

P.S.: Not everyone in this thread agrees the color situation is stupid, just so you know! Re-read Nitro and Ceresa's posts.

Aisha379
Aug 9, 2008, 09:14 PM
I think she was referring to a stiletto heel, not the knife.

Tricky D=

I know what that is, just didn't think about it.

Especially with the remarks about inserting one into peoples ass as punishment.

(Maybe I'm just blade biased - I do collect them after all.)

My problem with this is that you have to spend time getting stuff, and then you might get an ugly color that you never wanted. And why? For more interaction with people? Tch, that really doesn't make any sense. But, alas, I'll deal with it because I don't have any other option, and it's not like this is the only thing on PSU I've thought was silly, and I know it won't be the last. *tries to count blessings*

I agree. But unless one color is really really popular, I doubt there will be much trouble trading them around...

More trouble than being able to pick your own, of course, but still.

And Aisha, my post was for the lulz. Calm down~ Plus, that was only aimed to the dissenters, not to someone like you who agrees with the fact it's silly! Take a chill pill! My post was in good humor, but honestly stems from the fact that guys on this game just don't get why a lot of the girls enjoy the fashion/socialization aspect.

I am calm, I'm just an asshole =X

Sorry about misunderstanding though.

P.S.: Not everyone in this thread agrees the color situation is stupid, just so you know! Re-read Nitro and Ceresa's posts.

lawl Nitro. His posts don't make enough sense to draw a conclusion in my mind >_>

Though why anyone would be AGAINST more choices in PSU is completely beyond me.

Ceresa
Aug 9, 2008, 09:20 PM
I never said it wasn't stupid, I also didn't say it was stupid (though it is!)

I simply offered a workaround and in the grand scheme of clothing bullshit to come (fucking rappy igg needed for guardians formal can fuck right off, 70m per crown right now...) is really rather minor and simple to overcome.

Kylie
Aug 9, 2008, 09:21 PM
I agree. But unless one color is really really popular, I doubt there will be much trouble trading them around...Well, there's a chance they did it like the miko colors and made some rarer than others.

Turned a nice 20m profit in rappy suits already to lazy fucks (2m in mats give or take, yet most colors sell for 3-4 and several for 7-10...), still didn't get the uber aqua blue color I wanted but seems my pink one is currently the rarest and most expensive and therefore best so I'm ok with that...Tell me it isn't that way, please. >_>

Sidney
Aug 9, 2008, 09:24 PM
@Ceresa: It's simple, if you have money. D: Someone in the po'house like me can't even afford another Mimic Doll! And my PM tortures me by not failing enough stuff. D: WOE. If all else fails, I'll just change my character's hair color and work with what I got, as long as I don't get the ridiculously ugly ones.

And it seems now that the only people getting Guardians Formal will be those people hunting Igg for the Amure Tip, and getting crowns instead! xD

@Aisha: It's ok, I'm a bitch, it's all good. :3
And maybe you just haven't been racked or attacked by a woman in heels yet, so that's a good thing.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 10:24 PM
lawl Nitro. His posts don't make enough sense to draw a conclusion in my mind >_>

Just doin' my job. :wacko:

Ceresa
Aug 10, 2008, 01:08 AM
Well, there's a chance they did it like the miko colors and made some rarer than others.
Tell me it isn't that way, please. >_>

Well it's been most of the weekend since the rappy stuff was added, most of them have settled at 3-5m. With the cheapest pink being 40m...dunno if it's just super popularity and everyone is keeping or if it's just rare to receive though.

CelestialBlade
Aug 10, 2008, 02:16 AM
I'm not sure what's so hard about letting us just choose :\ The mat requirements, especially for Lumia's outfit, are just way too crazy for it to be left to random. I mean, you have a 1/10 shot of getting what you want, and repeats of what you don't want are definitely possible. Why should I have to try 57 times to get the color set I want?

It just sounds lazy to me.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2008, 11:02 AM
I think they did that to prevent everyone running around with the same outfit. Though, with the customization in this game, I'd actually doubt that would happen.

Powder Keg
Aug 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
Everyone will just wear whatever is new, really. I was pretty disappointed when I found out it was random also.

Kylie
Aug 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure what's so hard about letting us just choose : The mat requirements, especially for Lumia's outfit, are just way too crazy for it to be left to random. I mean, you have a 1/10 shot of getting what you want, and repeats of what you don't want are definitely possible. Why should I have to try 57 times to get the color set I want?

It just sounds lazy to me.
Amorrosso isn't random, thankfully; there's really only one or two colors of that that I find decent. :-P

CelestialBlade
Aug 10, 2008, 01:10 PM
Amorrosso isn't random, thankfully; there's really only one or two colors of that that I find decent. :-P
Oh, well that's fortunate. So how can they justify not making that random but making everything else random?

Lyrix
Aug 10, 2008, 01:41 PM
Oh, well that's fortunate. So how can they justify not making that random but making everything else random?

Since when does ST justify ANYTHING they do? XD They probably just did it to piss everyone off.

Nai_Calus
Aug 10, 2008, 02:49 PM
Thankfully the Mikunas set I like most(Purple and pink) is one of the cheaper ones and I was able to get it from someone's shop for 1.5 mil. Still insane, but better than trying to get the thing normally... Ugh. There are still two colours of it I wouldn't mind, but meh. I got the one I wanted most. Though yeah, 1.5 mil is a lot for most people. Hell, it's a lot for me, but what can you do. Drive yourself crazy? I have more important things to get.

Not everybody has 80 mil sitting in their PM. I know I've never had more than 15 mil at one time, and only rarely have that when I get lucky with finding something. :-/ Thankfully I don't have a taste for incredibly rare weapons and don't normally give that much of a rat's ass whether I'm using an A-rank or S-rank armor, but even so, getting what I need can still eat through meseta like mad.

stukasa
Aug 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
Clothes are important to me, I'm a girl, etc.
http://psupedia.info/The_Clothier

Mikunas, Voloyal (other colors), and the rappy suit (other colors) are like this. Now, I didn't find this out until yesterday, and now I'm pissed to find out it's true. I suppose there are bigger fish to fry, but what's the point of this?! I only wanted one or two colors of each, and I can't help that Sonic Team is color blind and will make colors no one wants. Not to mention, caseals won't have this issue. At least the other sets aren't like this, but man, it's still lame.
Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? The colors are random?! I would say that's the stupidest thing ever, but this is ST, so a statement like that would obviously be untrue. -.-

PSU should (and I have said this since the beginning) let you color your own clothes, a la hair/eye color editor.

Let you pick different parts to specify, etc.

Theres no logical reason not to have this. Because sometimes I might like the shirt from one set and the pants from another, but I can't do that because they look like ass together due to the (incredibly odd) choices of colors.
I agree 100%. Let us customize clothing colors just like how CASTs can change their main and sub colors. They should add a feature like that in the next expansion (if there ever is one), though it would probably mess up the current system of pre-determined color sets.

(fucking rappy igg needed for guardians formal can fuck right off, 70m per crown right now...)
o_o; That's one of the requirements for Guardians Formal?! *cries in a corner* I guess I better start hunting Rappy Igg then... ;-;