PDA

View Full Version : whats units should a ranger use?

enrish
Aug 9, 2008, 07:03 PM
what units should a ranger use cus ive been using power but i wanna make sure that im wearing the right units. also whats the best material to use for a RAmar? i read a guide that said RAmars can you a total of 250 materials, so whats the best? one last question for the thread, i heard ranger mags should have dex>power>mind>def but why does a guide say this is the stats for a rangers mag?
MAG
16 DEF
96 POW
8 DEX
80 MIND

SilverShadow117
Aug 9, 2008, 07:54 PM
RAmars can only use 250 materials? ehh whatever I used every material I found =D

enrish
Aug 9, 2008, 08:48 PM
ya i mean thats whta ive read from lik 3 different guides

Ketchup345
Aug 9, 2008, 11:45 PM
Humans on GC/XBoc/BB can use 250 stat materials + 125 HP +125 TP materials.
The other races have 150 stat + 125 HP +125 TP (Newman only obviously).

Those stats are for max stats at level 200. Odds are you will quit long before even the 1/2way mark (level 17x or 18x).

enrish
Aug 9, 2008, 11:58 PM
alright well its great that 1 of my questions are being answered but theres more than 1 question so plz anwser those too, i want to know the answer

Nisoth
Aug 10, 2008, 01:58 AM
Never level DEF on a mag. You're getting one for one, when increasing POW or MIND will get you two for one. Always make up DFP with materials. Check out the 'ultimate character maxing guide' on this site. It's extremely helpful in planning your mans.
Also, power is probably your best unit for a RAmar. He has the highest ATA in the game, so for you it's not terribly important to boost it, while more power is always a good thing.

enrish
Aug 10, 2008, 02:33 AM
alright ill check it out, thanks

enrish
Aug 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
is the guide for lv 200s? cus he talks about having these good items like god/units, tons of materials,good 3 or 4 slot frames and what not

Nisoth
Aug 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well, if you just play you'll get plenty of materials. I've maxed out a couple of characters so far. It's not hard, it just takes time. Also, most God/Units can be easily piped of hunted. Unless you're on BB... Then it might take a little more time. But, still, that's all it takes.

enrish
Aug 11, 2008, 12:29 PM
alright sounds good, no im playing on my wii. but i was just saying, i have an ass load of materials but not tons of one(except def, i have like 25 of those) but how the guide suggests using god/units then mind materials, ive only found like 3 mind materials and im lv 39

enrish
Aug 11, 2008, 12:33 PM
plus how am i supposed to get god/abilitiy? im lv 39 and a viridia. im assuming the guide is fo at least 80+ but still only 2 ID's can get god/ability

Jaspaller
Aug 11, 2008, 02:11 PM
You'll find more materials as you level and kill enemies. God/abilities won't drop unless you're on ultimate with the right ID. You could always just avoid maxing out certain stats (like your EVP) in favor of maxing out others earlier with other units.

enrish
Aug 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
i guess i could, but id rather have perfect stats >_< hopefully my friends make a character with the ID needed and give me the god/ability when they get it

Nisoth
Aug 12, 2008, 11:02 PM
You could also do runs with your friends and split God/Abilities that might be found. If you don't have any online capability, I recommend Pinkal through the spaceship. Purplenum through the mountain area also presents a possibility, but there's only one guy that drop it, and it's 1/395 (abouts). Gibbles. Of course, if you have plus edition, you have access to the towers, which makes it easier for purplenum to solo some G/A's. Good luck. I'm still yet to find my first one, but I'm not giving up yet!

enrish
Aug 12, 2008, 11:42 PM
ya i have the gc version, episode 1&2 plus. but its one thing to get my character to 80 but another to 80 just to get a unit, that seems like a lot of work

Nisoth
Aug 12, 2008, 11:49 PM
Why wouldn't you want to do more than one character anyway? Besides, 80 is just the beginning. Try 158. I'm looking forward to 200 eventually. Maybe not with all ten of my characters, though. I may not have time.

enrish
Aug 13, 2008, 12:06 AM
i mean id like more than 1 character but it seems very time consuming and a lot of hard work, im lv 42 and struggling to down the ruins boss final form on hard, not only will i have to do that and very hard to get to ultimate but do it twice or more if i want another more characters, idk maybe id be more willing if my friends had the game and played

Nisoth
Aug 13, 2008, 12:54 AM
That would probably help. The only reason I'm into PSO is because a friend of mine introduced it to me. But, I still like playing solo. Just play however much you want. Let the levels and progress just happen. Play characters you like. Enjoy the game and pretty soon you'll have more God/Minds than you know what to do with. (I happen to have seven split between two forces)

enrish
Aug 13, 2008, 12:59 AM
damn, wanna share with me >_< lol. ya one of my friends are buying the game this week, i might start a new character with him and lv my 42 on my own time, but ya soloing pso is the shit, if you have a lot of time and dont wanna be bored pick this up cus its a great game thats time consuming. i just wish i had my lv 82 back =( everything would be so much easier, i had so much good shit on him

Nisoth
Aug 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
If you lived nearby, I would love to kick it and play.
Just remember: When you play multiplayer you can only access the areas that player one has opened. So you'll both need to do some solo anyway, but you'll have the option to play together, too, which is nice. Enjoy.:)

enrish
Aug 13, 2008, 02:21 PM
ya i jus remembered that last night about the multiplayer thing, but everyone wants to solo once in a while so i dont think lvs will be a problem, i think my second character might be a force, i cant stand close combat so techniques would be the next best thing. what do you play?

Nisoth
Aug 13, 2008, 10:35 PM
My main is a HUnewearl. I like her because she gets 20 s/d/j/z which helps a LOT single player, and she contributes quite nicely to HUnewearl/HUcast/RAcast party (a common team among myself and my homies).

enrish
Aug 14, 2008, 12:00 PM
thats cool