PDA

View Full Version : I've been Sega'd

Guitarsmasher
Aug 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
I have 5 S base grinders, synth them all at once and get 5 S+10 grinders, YAY right? Then Sega decides to cut my connection to their server. I log back on and the grinders aren't synthed. I do it again and get 5 S+3 grinders LOL.

Oh Sega, you slay me with your funny ironies:-D:-?

Note: I even tried the "cooking" technique, if anyone read that thread

ashley50
Aug 10, 2008, 11:33 AM
Congrats :)

Xefi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:41 AM
at least it's not +1.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 10, 2008, 11:42 AM
at least it's not +1.

I would've LOLed harder

landman
Aug 10, 2008, 01:23 PM
S+1 and S+3 is the same, guaranteed has to be S+9 lol

MysticGoten
Aug 10, 2008, 10:13 PM
I'd write them a huge complaint even if they don't give a dam.

Zarode
Aug 10, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'd write them a huge complaint even if they don't give a dam.

If you are going to do that, might as well send them a link to the PSU General boards.

Bawwwwwwwwwww all around!

Guitarsmasher
Aug 10, 2008, 11:03 PM
I should demand a spread needle/g in my furious letter

JAFO22000
Aug 11, 2008, 10:17 AM
I have 5 S base grinders, synth them all at once and get 5 S+10 grinders, YAY right? Then Sega decides to cut my connection to their server. I log back on and the grinders aren't synthed. I do it again and get 5 S+3 grinders LOL.

How is this "ironic"?

Guitarsmasher
Aug 11, 2008, 10:47 AM
Because i synthed 5 S+10 grinders, which not many people get, then get forced to do it over and end up with crap :3

Mysterious-G
Aug 11, 2008, 10:53 AM
Because i synthed 5 S+10 grinders, which not many people get, then get forced to do it over and end up with crap :3

Some people call it irony, I call it fate. ;o

JAFO22000
Aug 11, 2008, 10:58 AM

Perhaps you need to look up the definition of "irony" again.

What happened to you was an unfortunate circumstance, not irony.

relentless
Aug 11, 2008, 10:59 AM
More like coincidence.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 11, 2008, 11:19 AM
Well I was kind of expecting to get my 5 S+10 back during the 2nd synthing (you can't help but hope for that), so it fits the definition perfectly. I believe you just misunderstood.

Definition is right here: " Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs"- I expected (or at least hoped for) S+10 grinders back and got S+3

Xefi
Aug 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
what's done has been done. If you really wanted compensation for your lost, i strongly urge you report what has happen to the mighty Sega Team.
If you're lucky, they might give you your S+10 back...yay?! I only say "if" and it's not guaranteed.

And once again, at least it's not +1.

JAFO22000
Aug 11, 2008, 11:44 AM
Well I was kind of expecting to get my 5 S+10 back during the 2nd synthing (you can't help but hope for that), so it fits the definition perfectly. I believe you just misunderstood.

Definition is right here: " Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs"- I expected (or at least hoped for) S+10 grinders back and got S+3

That is the laymans term for irony, but in that case, every time you fail a synth, you could consider it "ironic", which it isn't.

Irony is more a deliberate contrast between expected and actual results.

For example, two of the three members of the band ZZ Top have trademark long beards. The only person in the band who doesn't have a long beard is named "Frank Beard". That is irony.

When Hinkley attempted to assasinate Regan, he missed all of his shots. The one that did end up hitting Regan actually ricocheted off of the bullet-proof glass on his limosine; the very same glass that was installed to protect him from an assasination attempt. That is irony.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 11, 2008, 11:51 AM
what's done has been done. If you really wanted compensation for your lost, i strongly urge you report what has happen to the mighty Sega Team.
If you're lucky, they might give you your S+10 back...yay?! I only say "if" and it's not guaranteed.

And once again, at least it's not +1.

lol im not complaining, i was roflcoptering when it happened

That is the laymans term for irony, but in that case, every time you fail a synth, you could consider it "ironic", which it isn't.

Irony is more a deliberate contrast between expected and actual results.

For example, two of the three members of the band ZZ Top have trademark long beards. The only person in the band who doesn't have a long beard is named "Frank Beard". That is irony.

When Hinkley attempted to assasinate Regan, he missed all of his shots. The one that did end up hitting Regan actually ricocheted off of the bullet-proof glass on his limosine; the very same glass that was installed to protect him from an assasination attempt. That is irony.

I don't think either of us is going to make the other one understand because we're both right about the definition of irony. It isn't exactly a specific term (there's actually three types of irony). So let's let bygones be bygones

Good examples too:-)

Billy Mitchell
Aug 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
I expect cars to stop when they get to stop signs.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 11, 2008, 11:55 AM

And sometimes they go right through the stop sign, get killed in a 3 car pile up. I bet they were thinking "nothing will happen to me" - irony

JAFO22000
Aug 11, 2008, 11:56 AM

...causing you to fall off of your bike into a mud puddle, getting your shirt dirty; THE VERY SAME SHIRT YOU WERE GOING TO THE STORE TO RETURN!

JAFO22000
Aug 11, 2008, 12:01 PM
And sometimes they go right through the stop sign, get killed in a 3 car pile up. I bet they were thinking "nothing will happen to me" - irony

NO! Perhaps they've changed the definition of irony since I went to school, but ironic events are dark, humorous and even poetic, in a sense. That Alanis Morrisette song fucked up the meaning of the word.

Just because something happens that wasn't expected is NOT irony. If you think it's going to rain one day because it's very overcast, yet it doesn't rain one drop, that is NOT irony. *sigh* I don't even know why I try...

Guitarsmasher
Aug 11, 2008, 12:17 PM
Like I said, irony can be stretched very easily since there are three types of irony (dramatic, verbal, situational). The 3 car pile up is situationally ironic. To make something ironic, you need more than just an event, but details; you can't be bland. If I said "the guy drive through the stop sign", that isn't ironic. But if i added details and said "the guy ignored the stop sign thinking, "nothing will happen to me" and got into a 3 car pile up." It's ironic simply because of what was running through his head.

Another ironic one would be "After getting out of the hospital from a three-car-pile-up, the man obeyed the rules of the road and stopped at stop signs, only to get rear ended by a guy who didn't want to stop." This is ironic because even though the man learned his lesson, he is STILL getting into accidents. Perhaps the meaning of irony has changed over the years; it is very possible. My English teacher in high school was crazy about irony so he taught me more than enough about it, but if you still don't believe what I've stated in this thread to be ironic, go to him because this is really off-topic and disrespectful to what I made this thread for. Next topic.

relentless
Aug 11, 2008, 12:20 PM
Oh man, I'm scared to use the word "irony" now without any efficience.
Might as well say Giresta instead.

But umm, yeah, 5 S+10 Grinders less won't be the end of the world.

Kizeragi
Aug 11, 2008, 12:26 PM
What does a stop sign have to do with getting grinders?

Inb4lock.

Yoyu
Aug 11, 2008, 12:43 PM

progress = what is desired + work / what sega gives

JAFO22000
Aug 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
My English teacher in high school was crazy about irony so he taught me more than enough about it, but if you still don't believe what I've stated in this thread to be ironic, go to him because this is really off-topic and disrespectful to what I made this thread for. .

Sorry to disrespect your honorable message to the world. *walks out of thread backwards while kowtowing furiously*

Billy Mitchell
Aug 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
High school teachers are people who can't make it as drug dealers. True story.

VanHalen
Aug 11, 2008, 07:34 PM
I think I would've Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOO"'d. At that point. Hilarious in a sad way.

SStrikerR
Aug 13, 2008, 05:39 PM
I think I would've Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOO"'d. At that point. Hilarious in a sad way.

Yeah Luke's "Noooooo" makes him sound like a damn wimp. Darth Vader NOOO, however, is much better.

thunder-ray
Aug 13, 2008, 07:37 PM
So now we are talking about how irony should be used in a proper way? Getting back on topic sorry to hear about what happen to you. Aleast you got lucky and made 5 S +10 grinders ive yet to make even one S+10 grinder >_<