PDA

View Full Version : PC PSU loading error

Icecold
Aug 10, 2008, 09:10 PM
I stopped playing psu before AoI came out, but now have a desire to play AoI. I don't have AoI, but today I was trying to play on the original PSU and it wouldn't work, so I reinstalled it and I keep getting an error that reads in all JP text, so I have no idea what it says. It happens while gameguard is downloading something and it completely shuts down PSU afterwards. So I can't even get into the game, this happens right after I click network mode.
I am running Vista and have done all the compatability suggestions I've seen and nothing seems to be working. Plus it played fine on this system last year before I quit. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Icecold
Aug 10, 2008, 10:56 PM
I also just read someone else who had a Japanese error and he said that disabling user account control was the solution. I tried that and it didn't stop my error. I took a closer look at the screenshot in his error and it's not quite the same. I can see the English letters PC in the error I get. If seeing the message would help, could somebody tell me how to take a screenshot of it?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 10, 2008, 10:57 PM
Make sure you install DirectX off the disc, other than that I'm not sure what it could be.

Icecold
Aug 10, 2008, 11:01 PM
That's another thing, I've tried installing the directx from the disc 3 or 4 times... Does that fact that it keeps installing mean that it's not working in the first place?

Icecold
Aug 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
Here's a picture of the error. Also, I tried finding help on sega's boards but I'm not a member, and my authentication email never arrived so I can't post there. If anybody could do so for me, I'd appreciate it.

[img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2049/jperrorur5.th.jpg] (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jperrorur5.jpg)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
It says gameguard can't update. Try deleting the contents of your gameguard folder and running PSU again.

Icecold
Aug 11, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ok, I did, it just redownloads a pack of 10 updates or so and then gives that error again. Upon restarting psu, it tries to get a single update but gives the error everytime. I can sometimes see the name of the one that never works, it's NPSCAN.npz.

Thanks a lot for your assistance, beatrixkiddo.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 11, 2008, 06:35 PM
:(

Are you sure you have no virus scanner programs running?

Icecold
Aug 11, 2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I had AVG on, but I uninstalled it completely... funny thing is if I double click psu.exe or psuoff.exe, it boots up gameguard and tries to get it, but then just closes without giving me an error. I doubt this info is worth anything, but I've been toying with it. Is there any chance someone can just give me the NPSCAN file and that it'll work?