PDA

View Full Version : Bad and/or Lazy Teachers

Broodstar1337
Aug 11, 2008, 03:39 AM
Since this is what I originally read the "Bad and/or Lazy Techers" diarrhea-fest as and was woefully disappointed due to that thread being nothing more than "BAAAW TECKERS R'NT MAH BUFF SLAYVS", I've decided to make this thread and hope that you all stop giving that other thread the light of day in favor of a far superior thread.

Who's sick to death of teachers who are too bad and/or lazy to teach their students properly? I know I am. :3

Powder Keg
Aug 11, 2008, 09:45 AM
I had a few teachers back in highschool who really wouldn't even speak in front of the class, they'd mostly hand out paperwork and that's pretty much it.

Thalui89
Aug 11, 2008, 01:40 PM
More than half the teachers/lecturers I've came across have been fine. Theres only ever been a few that I've had massive problems with. Students are a bigger pain in the rearend than the teachers half the time.

Sidney
Aug 12, 2008, 03:50 AM
Do substitute teachers count? :3

One time, back in high school, we had this sub for chemistry class. She was really young and unprofessional. She handed out worksheets to everyone and said "OK guys, do these work sheets. By the way, where is the remote for the TV?" A student then proceeds to find the remote, and she decides to turn on Maury, the trashy talk show, while we are working. She put one of my classmates by the door on "remote duty", so that if a teacher or someone was going to walk into the classroom, they could turn the TV off quickly.

So yeah, she watched trashy daytime television while we did chemistry worksheets. xD
I wish I was making this up.

Lyrix
Aug 12, 2008, 12:00 PM
My networking teacher was pretty bad, rather than make us do any work, he just sat there and let the entire class play counter strike all day. Hell, he even joined in a few times XD

RufuSwho
Aug 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
Um, our teacher subtely directed us to the website where we could see nude pictures of her.
wait, this isn't bad... :D

Ketchup345
Aug 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
My networking teacher was pretty bad, rather than make us do any work, he just sat there and let the entire class play counter strike all day. Hell, he even joined in a few times XDI had a similar teacher for my Desktop Computers course. We started the school year with one teacher who was going to actually teach and have us use an A+ book. A month into the class he gets a job much closer to his home, so we get a new teacher that "teaches" for the rest of the year. What he did was give us a a computer, put out boxes of parts, and told us to get the computer to work and working on the small in-room network. The people who cared in the class had that done within 2 months (finding working parts that fit whatever computer you had was difficult). This being a full year class (50 mins a day Mon-Fri), he told us to find something to do, so one kid brought in Starcraft (the computers were all old, roughly Pentium 2s) and we installed it on every computer that was working (network install) and weplayed that for half the year. A+ for playing Starcraft.

Closest he ever got to teaching was telling about 6 of us to try and use the Mac in the room for 2 classes.

JAFO22000
Aug 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
Teachers these days need to learn what irony is.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2008, 05:10 PM
Um, our teacher subtely directed us to the website where we could see nude pictures of her.
wait, this isn't bad... :D
Gib links. just kiddingp

I've had some bad teachers, and you can really tell when some are doing it because they love teaching and the others who see students as dollar signs.

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2008, 08:54 PM
My networking teacher was pretty bad, rather than make us do any work, he just sat there and let the entire class play counter strike all day. Hell, he even joined in a few times XD

That's not a bad teacher, that's an epic teacher.

My German teacher arrives twenty minutes late every class, even though it's third period (she comes from her house to school for third period, then leaves for lunch, then comes back for fourth and fifth period). She's always pissed off when she gets here, and since I'm never there and still do well, she's always angry at me.

On several occasions I've been ejected from the class for not having sheets that were handed out on a day I missed. She's not there in the morning before classes, she leaves as soon as the lunch bell goes, and she's gone by the time I get to her room after fifth period, so I ask for them during class. She tells me to pick them up on my own time, and then boots me from the room. I missed an entire week of classes because she wouldn't give me my sheets.

One time I photocopied my friend's sheet (before it was completed >_>), did the work, and showed it to her. She ripped it up and kicked me out anyway.

Brainwrecked
Aug 13, 2008, 05:19 AM
Creepiest teacher ever...the art teacher that "taught" us about subliminal messages. Cited the 1957 Vicary movie-theater experiment as fact. I'd find out what a shitload of fuck that was almost 10 years later thanks to Slashdot and Wikipedia.

Most out-of-tune with the times...the reading teacher who carried on an excruciatingly embarrassing 5-minutes-long conversation about the word "suck" when someone in the class exclaimed, "That sucks!" Her final retort, "It meant something different back in my day," just made you want to crawl in a hole and die. Clue stick: 8th graders know that definition of the word, too.

Most fake humanitarian...Ever had one of those teachers that would make promises in front of the class to help students out that couldn't afford certain extra supplies? Back in 7th grade, my father had been laid off and money was really tight. The English teach wanted us to have a notebook and some other stuff to keep a journal. I noted that unlike years past, my parents didn't get us much in the way of school supplies. So I decided to swallow my pride and take my English teacher up on the offer, but I got directed to the little student-run school supply shops.

Douchebagsayswhat? Those things are about fund-raising, not low prices.

Fuck him then and double-fuck him now. When my grandmother passed away, I found out just how bad those times were. My mother was very upset to find grandma's checkbook. At a time when grandma "didn't have any money," she had entries paying the other siblings' extra-curricular bills. My mother recounted how she was looking over her budget crying back then because "she couldn't afford you guys' shoes."

When my English teacher revealed at the end of the year that his intent for that journal was to show us some kind of change in our perspective, I laughed my ass off. My skipping those journal assignments had just been justified.

How's this for an observation in change in perspective: I used to be a happy little kid without a care in the world and now I'm a bitter middle-aged man because of candle-sniffing cock-whoring fuck-trophies like you. Go climb a wall of dicks, put them in a wheelbarrow, and ride them straight up your own ass. When you're done with that, don't come crying to me about not wanting to do it. Everyone in the real world does things they don't want to do, I just thought you might want to know what it's like. And as far as I'm concerned, you still owe me one notebook. Which you can proceed to do with that what you just got done doing with the mountain of phalli. Next time don't play the humanitarian card if you don't intend to live up to it.

Tessu
Aug 13, 2008, 11:29 AM
Let's see. Well, I had a 6th grade teacher who would sometimes obviously show off her peacock-colored feathery thong to the class.

I had a freshman year history teacher who would start off with a lesson, but he was so senile he'd instead go on and on about HIS high school years. That was actually pretty entertaining.

Then there was the Physics teacher who never gave us homework or in-class work. She just read from the book and then we were handed a test. Because a lot of the kids didn't really get the chance to put things into action, most of them failed. I can't really complain because there was no homework, but still. It wasn't her job to not give us homework.

SubstanceD
Aug 14, 2008, 06:25 AM
I had to laugh when I saw this topic since it immediatly reminded me of one teacher in particular.

Without going into too much detail, I once had a Maths teacher who always was late to class beacuse he would spend all his time in the facualty office flirting with another teacher who was married to some other dude ( we would always see them walking together, late to thier respective classes ). Once he got to class he would speak to us as if we were vermin and as if it were beneath him to actually teach ( he had got a doctorate in Mathamatics from Oxford Univerity so he was obviously smart, thing is noone would hire him so he begrudgingly became a teacher, I know all this because his younger brother was in my class ). More often then not he would write a few equations on the board, everyone would raise thier hand for help but he would only help the female students while all the male students ( that includes me ) would be stuck there clueless and desperate for help.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 14, 2008, 11:43 PM
My only really bad experience with teachers was my chemistry lab professor, who I'll be dealing with again this fall. Mean, old, bitter man who treats his assisants (who are all grad. students) like children, and thoroughly mocks anyone who is even seconds late to the lab, or gets caught making a mistake in the lab. His tests are hard, his pop quizzes cruel, and his bad sense of humor making the experience all the more sour.

I'm not looking forward to retaking the class. :(

McLaughlin
Aug 15, 2008, 01:10 AM
More often then not he would write a few equations on the board, everyone would raise thier hand for help but he would only help the female students while all the male students ( that includes me ) would be stuck there clueless and desperate for help.

Amusingly enough, my Spanish/French teacher does the same thing. Only, he actually hits on the female students. He's a nice guy, but when he does that it's incredibly creepy.

Raine_Loire
Aug 15, 2008, 01:42 AM
My brother had an English teacher that made them write essays 4 days a week but didn't bother to grade them. By the end of the semester, she hadn't read anything he'd written yet, and my mom went in to talk to her, and she said "I really can't be expected to read everything that every kid in my class writes! I don't have enough time to do that!"

Seriously, when my brothers were in MN they actually lost intelligence. Shitty snowbilly school systems!

I had great teachers, but that was so long ago, nothing is the same anymore!