PDA

View Full Version : English character names in Phantasy Star Portable.

Corleth
Aug 12, 2008, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone.

Isn't PSP an amazing little game? Lunchtimes at work just became Phantasy Star time! Having ploughed hundreds of hours into the many beautiful incarnations of PSO onwards, it's a real thrill to have it in the palm of my hands.

Those hundreds of hours haven't gone to waste as I'm having little trouble playing this even though I don't know any Japanese. But there is one little niggle on my mind at the moment.

When I started my character I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't get the English characters up and give my plucky little force a recognisable name but I thought 'oh well'. She now has the amazing name '!!!?'. I can see that becoming very popular in the next year in the names for new born baby girls lists! ;)

Anyhow after popping on here and looking at the great screenshots thread - low and behold - characters with English names! So how do I do it, oh the great and wonderful of PSO World?

Just don't tell me they imported their PS2/PC Japanese characters - because I haven't got one of them. :(

Thanks in advance. :)

Corleth
Aug 12, 2008, 11:31 AM
Durr! I just worked it out. Press SELECT when in the naming bit. Why didn't I find it before? My characters Lv20 now. :(

Fry_Heit
Aug 15, 2008, 07:40 AM
It took you only 10 minutes to find out :O.

See people, this is why you should search before asking. But you were funny, so that's okay I guess ^^.

Qwid
Aug 15, 2008, 07:08 PM
And only 3 days to get a reply. He's on fire!