PDA

View Full Version : How do u get some1 to love u again?

RikaPSOW
Aug 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
Okay, me and my gf broke up in early July. I live in NY and she lives in NJ, so you can assume we talk to eachother online. When me and her broke up I was 18 and she was 15. I want to get back with her. She knows that, and I kinda bug her about it too much. Like she says she still wants me to be her friend, her best friend. She's my best friend too. She says she wants to try with some one else and that she lost feelings for me. Also me and her tend to fight A LOT since we broke up. Whenever I talk to her I feel that I just keep making the situation even worse. I tried not talking to her for a bit (she asked me to), and then I get an "I don't know you anymore", from not talking to me. Like I really don't know what to do really. Whatever I do is wrong. Right now I'm not talking to her because I said I need a brake. My friend advised me to do that. Basically I have no idea really what to do. Should I just wait? What could I do to get her to "love" me again?. If you need more tio give an opinion or advice just ask. Also if this is placed in the wrong section, mods please move it to the right one, thankyou.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
Rants is downstairs.

Quite simply put though, you cannot make anyone love you again. People have their own will, and if they do not harbor the same feelings anymore it is pretty much done with. They have to come around to you on their own. There is no money-back guarantee that they will, so don't count on it because it will only lead to disappointment.

Best of luck to you.

Retehi
Aug 15, 2008, 08:08 PM
Find someone else, and move on.

RikaPSOW
Aug 15, 2008, 08:10 PM
I mean, is there anything that could help though? I really like the girl.

edit: There are other girls who like me, but I don't really like them how I like her. The other girls are really nice, but I just don't like them that way.

EphekZ
Aug 15, 2008, 08:17 PM
Wait wait wait. There's other girls that like you, but you're taking an ONLINE relationship over them? That's not smart dude. Like the others said, there's nothing you can do. Move on. She doesn't like you, the most you can hope for is being friends. If you keep pestering you just sound needy and pathetic. Oh! and she's 15 dude. Find someone your age.

Ranmaru
Aug 15, 2008, 08:18 PM
I think you need to let go of her, seriously. I know its easier said then done, but it must be done. Its no use if you two get back together and she has no feelings whatsoever for you. Yes, she is your best friend, and that may be the problem. I don't know why, but I know how that feels. Anyways, if you will not give up on her, then:

Don't keep asking her, that doesn't really help at all for her to get back with you. Just chill with her and be friends, don't think about being together for a while, thats what the break is for. I'm sure that if you don't bug her about it, and if you be there for her, maybe she might want to be with you again. But, if she doesn't, oh well. Don't hang out with her just so that you can hopefully be with her, because then you will grow tired of that and you might explode on her, and its not her fault.

So, if you want to keep trying, don't bug her, and don't expect to get back with her. But I suggest you get over her, but it isn't easy, I know. Well, I don't really know... But you get what I mean.

Syl
Aug 15, 2008, 08:25 PM
Here's the thing though (and excuse me if I come off as an asshole and cheesy):

You shouldn't be coming to other people for this kind of thing. Really, this is between you and her, something you have to find within yourself. If you can't find that answer or solution or make things the way you want them to be with her, maybe it's best you moved on. It's not as easy as I make it to be, obviously. Letting go is never easy. But if she wants to just be friends, then respect her choice. If you keep forcing and pressuring her she won't ever come back on her own, much less be friends with you.

Life happens, break ups happen. People get over each other and move on. Get to know the girls that like you better. Something may work out, you never know.

Who knows, you might get lucky and she changes her mind. But just don't stress over it because more than likely it'll end up messing everything up.

/2cents

RikaPSOW
Aug 15, 2008, 08:26 PM
Wow, I got to be more precise. The other 2 girls that like me and 15-16 ish and online also. Also I have a extremely hard time talking to people in person so I probably can't maintain a person to person realationship in real life. If I got to know them yes, but how could I get to know them if I have a hard time talking to someone in real life? One of the issues my ex has is that even online I don't open up to people or her friends. I even have a hard time with that.

edit: I won't give up on her, I like her too much. ^^

edit: Okay, I haven't come to other people with this type of thing and all it's got me was me making the situation even worse. Also this is mine and her's problem, but she doesn't really put any effort into helping with it.

edit: She sent me this song "Never had a dream come true" by Rachel Stevens and she said it is exactly how she feels. She sent it a few days ago.

Ranmaru
Aug 15, 2008, 08:33 PM
Well, you need to TRY to open up. Online relationships don't really work, you know.

how could I get to know them if I have a hard time talking to someone in real life?

That, you need to find out yourself. I mean, you need to try to talk to people. I am also a shy person (well to randomly walk up to a person I mean), but I open up. :3 Its hard, but you gotta do it!

I don't know why you have a hard time talking to people in real life, maybe its because you aren't good with conversation, maybe you are really random, I don't know... But you have to get over that.

BlackRose
Aug 15, 2008, 08:33 PM
People change quite a bit at your age and especially hers, often without really knowing. Could be her tastes have changed, could be you've changed. Could be things will yet end up in a place where you two will work out. Nothing you can do to cause that to happen, however. I would keep an eye on her, but be sure that you're thinking of it as a "maybe" and not a "I'll always wait for you", you'll go bonkers doing that. I give you the same advice I give everyone- keep your eyes and your mind open. The world's a big place.

Best of luck.

Retehi
Aug 15, 2008, 08:40 PM
edit: I won't give up on her, I like her too much. ^^

What on earth do you expect when you come to an array of people for advice? "YES U SHOULD B WIT HER THROW ROCKS AT HER WINDOW SING HER SONGS ABOUT PUPPIES".

You really have no dignity in yourself if you keep on pushing it.

RikaPSOW
Aug 15, 2008, 08:43 PM
Oh, I have been trying to open up and talk to people for years.., and I failed. I know there's other girls out there, but I fould someone I really like. I don't want to just let her go....

edit: I want advice how to handle this without just giving up Retehi. I'm also not really that good at this aspect.

Ranmaru
Aug 15, 2008, 08:43 PM
but she doesn't really put any effort into helping with it.

I don't think its worth it if she doesn't put any effort into helping.

Whoa, failed, huh? How exactly did you fail?

Ok, yes, you really like her, but remember, she probaly doensn't have feelings for you anymore. Dude, its no use. Love doesn't work that way.

Out_Kast
Aug 15, 2008, 08:45 PM
Love only works both ways when it's perfect.
Always remember that!

RikaPSOW
Aug 15, 2008, 08:49 PM
Fail as in, I've tried to work on talking for awhile, but I just can't really do it.

amtalx
Aug 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
You're young...REALLY young. Don't get hung up on one girl. If you have to work this hard at such an early stage of the relationship, its not worth it.

Aisha379
Aug 15, 2008, 08:56 PM
Here's the thing though (and excuse me if I come off as an asshole and cheesy):

You shouldn't be coming to other people for this kind of thing. Really, this is between you and her, something you have to find within yourself. If you can't find that answer or solution or make things the way you want them to be with her, maybe it's best you moved on. It's not as easy as I make it to be, obviously. Letting go is never easy. But if she wants to just be friends, then respect her choice. If you keep forcing and pressuring her she won't ever come back on her own, much less be friends with you.

Life happens, break ups happen. People get over each other and move on. Get to know the girls that like you better. Something may work out, you never know.

Who knows, you might get lucky and she changes her mind. But just don't stress over it because more than likely it'll end up messing everything up.

/2cents

This.

At the very least it'd make more sense to discuss this with close friends than strangers. Especially THIS forum of all places...

Also, an 18 year old going this crazy over a 15 year old comes off as a little sad and creepy.

The fact this is an online relationship also doesn't help. I don't like to be pessimistic and totally dismiss long distance relationships, because I know they CAN work out (though hardly at your age), but there isn't much hope in it considering the distance and the ages.

Also, if you keep bugging her about it, you could drive her away and lose her as a friend too. Trust me, I've had this happen to me before (though in hindsight I am glad to be rid of her now and saw what lame-ness the relationship was).

Ranmaru
Aug 15, 2008, 08:59 PM
Fail as in, I've tried to work on talking for awhile, but I just can't really do it.

What do you mean you 'just can't do it'. Why not? Well, try again!

I don't even know HOW you failed so I can analyze and try to help you, but you aren't really saying much so we can understand to help you, understand?

Seriously, don't give up on girls man. Online does NOT work, in the long run I mean. Maybe, take a break from videogames for a while, I don't know. Wait! How about you try to meet people near you that like PSU, that might help. You would have something in common, you know, to break the ice.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hey Rika, you know why she doesn't want to talk to you? She probably realized that there's people AROUND HER that she could go out with. But instead she's cybering with an 18 year old (supposedly), and she probably feels that you're a loser.

I'll say it. I think you're a loser too. Go out, and make something of yourself. Are you in high school, or did you graduate? If you didn't graduate - go make something for yourself. There is plenty of FULLY DEVELOPED WOMEN out there. I can understand the awkwardness you get when talking to women, but don't talk to them thinking,"OMFG how do i get into her pants?". Think of making a new friend, and go from there.

Also, fully developed women are better than girls. 15 years old is a child. I'm only 16, and I'd rather go out with a senior than a freshman. You're 18, and you claim that you love her? Have you only talked online? How do you know you love her? Shit, that's a guy's problem, they always think that when a girl so much as looks at them that the girl wants to rip off his clothes.

tl;dr:Grow up a bit.

Out_Kast
Aug 15, 2008, 09:02 PM
Does anyone ever meet their Online relationship friends?
I know I wouldn't.

TheOneHero
Aug 15, 2008, 09:09 PM
Does anyone ever meet their Online relationship friends?
I know I wouldn't.

'Cause there are no girls on the internet, only G.I.R.L.s. And they are fat greasy old men with KFC in one hand and their *mod snip*

Aisha, PSOw was once a pretty great place to come for advice, but the arrival of PSU threw this place to hell.

I have to agree with Nitro on this one Rika. =/

Ranmaru
Aug 15, 2008, 09:12 PM
Hey Rika, you know why she doesn't want to talk to you? She probably realized that there's people AROUND HER that she could go out with. But instead she's cybering with an 18 year old (supposedly), and she probably feels that you're a loser.

I'll say it. I think you're a loser too. Go out, and make something of yourself. Are you in high school, or did you graduate? If you didn't graduate, stop cybering and go make something for yourself. There is plenty of FULLY DEVELOPED WOMEN out there. I can understand the awkwardness you get when talking to women, but don't talk to them thinking,"OMFG how do i get into her pants?". Think of making a new friend, and go from there.

Also, fully developed women are better than girls. 15 years old is a child. I'm only 16, and I'd rather go out with a senior than a freshman. You're 18, and you claim that you love her? Have you only talked online? How do you know you love her? Shit, that's a guy's problem, they always think that when a girl so much as looks at them that the girl wants to rip off his clothes.

tl;dr:Grow the fuck up.

Nitro is right, its not good if you sound like a loser when talking to a girl. Try this, check previous chats you have had with her, and look at what you both said. Try to see if what you were saying sounded as if you were being a brat or something.

Also, try acting as least EMO-ish as possible. I mean, even though you may feel like a wreck, try not to be perceived as that, because that would make your 'loser' title even worse.

Don't tell her that 'if I can't have you then I will have no one', That sounds pathetic as well.

SStrikerR
Aug 15, 2008, 09:28 PM
I won't be as..aggressive as nitro was, but damn, you've come to pso-w twice with problems with this girl. Just face it, your relationship isn't going to work out. You live in different states, you're a few years apart in age, and to tell the truth, I'd much rather be kissing a girl in real life than talking to one I met on the internet. Don't stop bugging her about it and just let it go, or you might just lose her as a friend too. If you like her that much, wouldn't you much rather be her friend then have her hating you and thinking you're a creep?

Honestly, you just need to get off the internet and talk to girls, just be friends with them. If you seriously can't talk to them then either get help, or get a friend to introduce you.
Before I leave this topic, I have one last thing to say: Do you REALLY think that not giving up on this girl and coming to other people to help you with your relationship would make her "love you" again? If I were the girl, I'd think you were desperate and not want anything to do with you.

Wow I didn't think I had that much to say. o.0

Ranmaru
Aug 15, 2008, 09:37 PM
Yer, GET OFF TEH INTERNET AND GET OUTSIDE AND MEET FRIENDS.

There, woo. Maybe you should take a break from videogames and find a temporary hobbie. I mean, it [videogames,PSU,videogames] might be harmful if you aren't really in touch with reality. By a temporay hobbie, I mean one where you can share it with friends, not just yourself dude.

Stop being so hard headed and get the hint man. We have to pummel your head with realistic facts so that you can actually get it. I would also rather kiss a girl in real life than be with a girl online.

McLaughlin
Aug 15, 2008, 09:43 PM

I'll say it. I think you're a loser too. Go out, and make something of yourself. Are you in high school, or did you graduate? If you didn't graduate, stop cybering and go make something for yourself. There is plenty of FULLY DEVELOPED WOMEN out there. I can understand the awkwardness you get when talking to women, but don't talk to them thinking,"OMFG how do i get into her pants?". Think of making a new friend, and go from there.

tl;dr:Grow the fuck up.

This sums up what I was going to say (well, elaborates, but whatever).

You're acting like an online break-up is the end of the world. You've never met, and you likely never will. That's not a fulfilling relationship for either party. She probably figured out that she could date someone her own age, in her own area, and get somewhere in that relationship.

On top of that, you're groveling at her feet begging to get back together; you look pathetic. You can't make someone like you, let alone love you.

Stop e-dating 15 year olds and find someone your own age.

eXo
Aug 15, 2008, 11:29 PM
Before I give my advice isnt a 15 year old dating an 18 year old considered statutory rape in NY i know that it is in Los Angeles :nono: however that is with me assuming that you and her have been sexually active :nono: or :smile: just depends hahahaha........

No but seriously I have kinda been their and done that and the reality of it is that people change, feelings change some girls are raised that the guy should treat them like a queen, but those girls typically tend to be attracted to mean abusive jerks :nono:.

Anyway the best thing to do is simply move on and regardless of how hard it might seem and or feel at times, you have to downplay your feelings for her it's human nature for people to want what they cant have. At your age it's all about shifting the balance of power right now she has the BOP in her corner it's up to you to shift the momentum. An really good momentum shifter is to keep the vast majority of conversations short and to the point

And as far as the whole getting her to love you thing their is pretty much nothing that you can do about that. However I heard that winning the lottery sure and the hell helps in that department.

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 02:46 AM
I'm gonna be harsh. I've been in the situation where a guy I told "no" kept coming back to me all desperate and needy, and it was probably the biggest turn off ever. I saw him as a creepy and desperate loser and didn't want him around. And if you keep pestering her, I guarantee she will come to resent you. When a girl, or anyone, says "I want my space", you should give it to them. Clingy guys are awful.

Also, if you prefer online only, not only are you a loser for not leaving this girl alone, you're a loser because you won't go outside and actually try to make things work. Holding a conversation is not that hard. Also, if you have the attitude of "I'm going to fail everytime", then you are going to fail everytime. Get some confidence. And how do you think you'll ever find a wife if you can't sustain relationships IRL? That is a serious problem that you need to fix to lead a happy life; you need real human interaction to survive, not just text on a screen.

So here's the answer to your question: No, you cannot make her fall in love with you again. It's her decision, first of all, and second of all, your clinginess can and will push her away. So, I hope you will someday come to your senses and look back on this and see how pathetic it is. As a girl, I kind of resent guys like you because you don't respect us. If you really respected her and loved her, you'd listen to what she has to say and not try to push her into anything or make her go against her feelings.

Sorry for being mean, but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to come to your senses!

RikaPSOW
Aug 16, 2008, 07:24 AM
Hm.., I don't really know what to say. ><

Solstis
Aug 16, 2008, 11:19 AM
Stop seeking validation through online and underage flings.

Get a cat. Meow Meow love.

I believe that this is what Dear Abby would suggest.

RikaPSOW
Aug 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
Stop saying, start doing. Everything you've said in this thread (especially the topic title) makes you look like the most pathetic human being on the planet (I want to punch you in the face personally), and everything Nitro said is what any sane human being would agree with.

Either grow some fucking balls, or die alone. Take your pick.

That's kinda mean. ><

Powder Keg
Aug 16, 2008, 12:53 PM
I suggest a relentless regime of stalking.
Stalking equals love

O_o

But anyway, life is too short to dwell and worry so much about this crap. Especially long-distance.

Dgo
Aug 16, 2008, 12:54 PM
I honestly do not believe that you can .

Kylie
Aug 16, 2008, 12:55 PM
18 and 15? I'm not going to say that's wrong, but I would think that relationship would be difficult. Age difference is different for adults, but teenagers have such vast differences in their interests in just a few years apart. Make her love you again? Sorry, but you can't make someone love you in the first place. It's not a game that requires a strategy to win. You have to be yourself and hope for the best. If she's saying all this stuff and doesn't want to be with you, move on and forget about her. You're only hurting yourself by reopening your wound again and again.

Sayara
Aug 16, 2008, 12:56 PM
Its also very true

SStrikerR
Aug 16, 2008, 01:07 PM
Also, don't ask for our advice if you aren't going to fucking understand what we're saying. I swear to god if ONE person here says he should keep begging at her feet and crying about it he's gonna agree with that person, no matter what anyone else says. The person's argument could be, "Because that's what I'm trying to do with my girlfriend too," Rika would still agree. He's not gonna give up on this girl. Ever. If you want me to give you some of the advice you WANT to hear, watch Bruce Almighty and follow Bruce's lead. Get hit by a fucking truck and almost die.

Leviathan
Aug 16, 2008, 01:09 PM
Forget about your exgirlfriend.

Real Life girlfreind is better. &You being clingy isn't going to fix the problem either.

Best move along yo.

Sekani
Aug 16, 2008, 02:18 PM
That's kinda mean. ><

The truth isn't always nice.

RikaPSOW
Aug 16, 2008, 04:44 PM
I suggest a relentless regime of stalking.
Stalking equals love

Even I'm smart enough to know that doesn't work. lol

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2008, 05:33 PM
He's only replying to the joke posts >_> The fuck.

And he's not getting the joke.

Clearly all he wants to hear is "KEEP BUGGING HER UNTIL SHE BREAKS DOWN AND GIVES UP ALL HOPE AND TAKES YOU BACK BECAUSE ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS ALWAYS WORK OUT IN THE END."

I mean, the topic title alone made me think "this guy's pathetic" before I even entered the thread. Then I remembered him from his Rants thread. He's never met her, but his life will end if he can't get her back.

For the love of God, go outside, talk to some REAL, TANGIBLE people and make some REAL, TANGIBLE friends, and stop slitting your wrists over some fifteen year old who dumped you over MSN/AIM.

SStrikerR
Aug 16, 2008, 05:36 PM
And he's not getting the joke.

Clearly all he wants to hear is "KEEP BUGGING HER UNTIL SHE BREAKS DOWN AND GIVES UP ALL HOPE AND TAKES YOU BACK BECAUSE ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS ALWAYS WORK OUT IN THE END."

I mean, the topic title alone made me think "this guy's pathetic" before I even entered the thread. Then I remembered him from his Rants thread. He's never met her, but his life will end if he can't get her back.

For the love of God, go outside, talk to some REAL, TANGIBLE people and make some REAL, TANGIBLE friends, and stop slitting your wrists over some fifteen year old who dumped you over MSN/AIM.

Exactly. Yet eventually he's going to tell a mod to lock the thread because we aren't being helpful and the topic is useless.

Edit: We should've told him to do that in the first place so then he'd be like, "ok!". Then he would gtfo PSO-W, ruin his friendship with the girl, and probably come back here and get the same response again. Or kill himself. I personally don't see a downside in either of these besides the stupid waste of human life involved in the 2nd one, but eh.

TalHex
Aug 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
i wasn't going to post but i got dragged into this,

love is a two way street, it has to be both ways,if she doesn't love you its not going to work. second, bugging her won't help a lick, she won't fall head over heels for you if you just bug her constantly. try chivalry (yes that code of the knights which is long since dead, blah, blah, blah~), give the appearance of having given up. accept that she wants to be your best friend and be honored by that fact, then get to know her and discuss things like her hobbies with her, since you live far apart arrange to hang out on an mmo or something, just sped time with her. over all try to avoid fighting if you can, its not a bad thing to let her have her way once in awhile. lastly above all place her wishes above your own, i can tell you right now that if i was a chick and some guy was following me around pissing me off i'd never learn to respect him.

edit: shit, this is in off-topic... my post count went up... what a waste of a post

Solstis
Aug 16, 2008, 06:05 PM
Chivalry was a fancy way of keeping women in the kitchen.

Oh, don't go outside m'deah, there are bandits on the roads!

My lovely flower, let me open this door for you, for we all know you are too weak to do so!

TalHex
Aug 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
perhaps, or it might be just as it was intended, a code of honor to live by and a way to avoid fighting without reason... heh then again its all in the eye of the beholder

The_Gio
Aug 16, 2008, 06:13 PM
Stop saying, start doing. Everything you've said in this thread (especially the topic title) makes you look like the most pathetic human being on the planet (I want to punch you in the face personally), and everything Nitro said is what any sane human being would agree with.

Either grow some fucking balls, or die alone. Take your pick.

Dude wtf is your problem, let go of your balls and stop being a dick. Now to answer your question,from what I read, I can get you really think shes the one, if you dont, then its not as "great a love" as you think it is. Everyones right, you dont wanna come off as clingy, imagine those girls that like you, saying everyday to you, lets go out,lets go out. I would agree with everyone else here, being her friend is better than having her hate you, unless your like me that its either the girl likes you, or you have no reason to have her around. Im not really social myself either, in fact I hate most people cuz of their stereotypical answers and attitudes. In the end, it is her decision tho, you cant MAKE anyone do anything unless you wanna be an ass. Most you can do is be her friend, or, make her hate you so itll be easier to get over her since your not in contact with her. Also you gotta understand this about people, with girls, if they like you, then your romantic, but if they dont like you, then its considered being a stalker.

As for the law thing, I dont think anyone cares anymore, i know girls who are 14 and they have kids with a 23 year old.

So yeah, if that makes sense,then theres my opinion >_>

edit: I dont think guys have a right to call girls hookers just because their sex drive is higher than others. A guy gets congratulated for being laid at 13 but a girl gets called a hooker? I dont think thats fair to women, I do think its stupid going out with someone 10 years older than you,but that doesnt mean we should treat them any differently, and if you do, then your not a very good person. I do agree the laws the law, Im just saying, i dont think anyone cares about that

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2008, 06:18 PM
It doesn't matter if you know pre-teen hookers. The law is the law. Statutory Rape comes with jail time and being put on the sex offenders registry. Say goodbye to half the jobs you ever wanted to have.

TalHex
Aug 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
i feel sorry for the next person, there was probably nothing learned from this...

Darkly
Aug 16, 2008, 06:39 PM
oh wow i loved this.

Rika, here's what TO DO: constantly ask her to get back together, talk about how much you need her, and how you cant talk to girls IRL

Trust me they love the quiet guy, ever seen spiral? Exactly. Just remeber the last girl is real ok?

Are you talking to her on msn? then Nudge THE FUCK out of her, let her know she cant do anything but talk to you about how you need her. Eventually doing the same things which havn't been working will suddenly work and you can turn the upside down emoticon into a big fat ^___________^ !!

RikaPSOW
Aug 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
oh wow i loved this.

Rika, here's what TO DO: constantly ask her to get back together, talk about how much you need her, and how you cant talk to girls IRL

Trust me they love the quiet guy, ever seen spiral? Exactly. Just remeber the last girl is real ok?

Are you talking to her on msn? then Nudge THE FUCK out of her, let her know she cant do anything but talk to you about how you need her. Eventually doing the same things which havn't been working will suddenly work and you can turn the upside down emoticon into a big fat ^___________^ !!

Um, no. lol

edit: I do understand you guys/girls just... is there anything I can do then just letting go?

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 08:07 PM
On a serious side of me (very rare) i'd say the best advice is, if you've told her how you felt and it still hasnt changed, its not the time, just be her friend like she asked, if you cant be just friends then you gotta move on, you'll only end up making matters worse, also, no offense, but might i suggest an older girl??

Kylie
Aug 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
Um, no. lol

edit: I do understand you guys/girls just... is there anything I can do then just letting go?
Find out what she wants for sure. If it's for you to leave her alone, there's nothing you can do.

Aisha379
Aug 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
Be her friend without trying to pressure her back into a relationship.

If its meant to be, you might "fall" back into a relationship with her (I personally disapprove of this, but its nice to have some alternatives to the sheer amount of degrading and insulting posts).

At least, you may still be able to be friends with her if you don't screw it up.

Just be nice and try to not be a creep.

RikaPSOW
Aug 16, 2008, 08:17 PM
On a serious side of me (very rare) i'd say the best advice is, if you've told her how you felt and it still hasnt changed, its not the time, just be her friend like she asked, if you cant be just friends then you gotta move on, you'll only end up making matters worse, also, no offense, but might i suggest an older girl??

I'm trying to be her friend, but she just pushes me away. And I'm REALLY picky about girls.

Also guy's I'm trying to reply to everything, I just don't know what to say. ><

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2008, 08:20 PM
If she's pushing you away then just leave.

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm trying to be her friend, but she just pushes me away. And I'm REALLY picky about girls.

Also guy's I'm trying to reply to everything, I just don't know what to say. ><

Break ups are hard for everyone, even if the relationship falls apart and your glad to be seperated, its still saddening, but i guess the only thing to do know would be to move on, it sucks but in the end it would be for the best

RikaPSOW
Aug 16, 2008, 08:24 PM
She says I'm her "best friend" , but she doesn't really treat me as such really. She makes it very hard for me. ><

edit: Also, did anyone read this? This was in post 8 i think."She sent me this song "Never had a dream come true" by Rachel Stevens and she said it is exactly how she feels. She sent it a few days ago."

Ok found the lyrics:
"Never Had A Dream Come True"

Everybody's got something they had to leave behind
One regret from yesterday that just seems to grow with time
There's no use looking back or wondering
How it could be now or might have been
Oh this I know but still I can't find ways to let you go

I've never had a dream come true
Till the day that I found you
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where life takes me to
A part of me will always be with you

Somewhere in my memory
I've lost all sense of time
and tomorrow can never be cos yesterday is all that fills my mind
How it should be now or might have been

You'll always be my baby
A part of me will always be

You'll always be the dream that fills my head
Yes you will, say you will, you know you will
Oh baby, you'll always be the one I know I'll never forget
Because love is a strange and funny thing
No matter how I try and try I just can't say goodbye
No no no no

You'll always be my baby
I never found the words to say (words to say)

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 08:45 PM
Wow, i'd say she's just as confused as you are

thunder-ray
Aug 16, 2008, 11:28 PM
She says I'm her "best friend" , but she doesn't really treat me as such really. She makes it very hard for me. ><

edit: Also, did anyone read this? This was in post 8 i think."She sent me this song "Never had a dream come true" by Rachel Stevens and she said it is exactly how she feels. She sent it a few days ago."

Ok found the lyrics:
"Never Had A Dream Come True"

Everybody's got something they had to leave behind
One regret from yesterday that just seems to grow with time
How it could be now or might have been

You'll always be my baby

Somewhere in my memory
I've lost all sense of time
and tomorrow can never be cos yesterday is all that fills my mind
How it should be now or might have been

You'll always be my baby

You'll always be the dream that fills my head
Yes you will, say you will, you know you will
Oh baby, you'll always be the one I know I'll never forget
Because love is a strange and funny thing
No matter how I try and try I just can't say goodbye
No no no no

You'll always be my baby
I never found the words to say (words to say)
A part of me will always be with youYou mean this song?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eZxqk_jCs

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 12:03 AM
Use logic RikaPSOW. You guys are two states away(if my memory of USA maps is correct >_>), and she's still in school. She has plenty of time to date people around her, then decide to go out of state, do you see where I'm going?

She may have found someone else. Hard to say I'm sure, but to her, the person that she can see, feel, and talk to is probably more important than the guy she "loves on the internet".

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 17, 2008, 12:08 AM
I couldn't read through all the thread, but the only advice I can have for you is try to forget everything about her. Throwing away anything you have in your house that reminds you of her would help a bit too. Trying to make her love you again is pretty much impossible.

BlackRose
Aug 17, 2008, 01:31 AM
She's just yankin your chain around with that song, dood...

Forgive the obtuseness, but this whole thread reminds me of a classmate of mine, struggling to understand static electricity. No matter how many times I explained it. Until his revelation--

"You mean when I rub my girlfriend's face on the carpet, they trade some electrons and then when I get up to grab a beer and shower I get shocked cause I was touchin her?"

He aced that test. *facepalm*

RikaPSOW
Aug 17, 2008, 06:11 AM
Wow, i'd say she's just as confused as you are

Agreed.

edit: and by the way Nitro_Vordex, yes she does like other people, but not people in real life. Also the people she likes I'm not very fond of. Not because she likes them, but because I don't think they're that nice...

relentless
Aug 17, 2008, 07:43 AM
Oh man, you remind me of a certain other person here.

But yeah, not trying to be evil or something, but give up on her I say.
It doesn't matter if YOU think that her other friends she likes aren't nice,
but you can't do anything if SHE thinks the other people are nice.
The way you say it sounds like jealousy to me.
And that's stupid, especially concerning online relationships, imo.

edit:
If I understood the meaning of the lyrics of the song right, she really doesn't know what she's talking about.

About your very first post.
Why did she break up to begin with? I mean, "just losing feelings" for you sounds very weird. Or it's just me. -.-
I was in a similar situation before, but my gf broke up with the reason of not being able to see me often, because we were living in different cities, too, obviously. And that's a good enough reason for me.
It made me mature a lot through this experience, and it was basically just another "online relationships never work" case.
After she broke up, she changed a lot towards me, y'know, even if she said "I still want to be friends" (which you often hear in those situations), she wasn't as nice to me as before anymore. And it's obvious to do, so we lose feelings for each other faster.
Simple reason

RikaPSOW
Aug 17, 2008, 08:11 AM
Oh man, you remind me of a certain other person here.

But yeah, not trying to be evil or something, but give up on her I say.
It doesn't matter if YOU think that her other friends she likes aren't nice,
but you can't do anything if SHE thinks the other people are nice.
The way you say it sounds like jealousy to me.
And that's stupid, especially concerning online relationships, imo.

edit:
If I understood the meaning of the lyrics of the song right, she really doesn't know what she's talking about.

About your very first post.
Why did she break up to begin with? I mean, "just losing feelings" for you sounds very weird. Or it's just me. -.-
I was in a similar situation before, but my gf broke up with the reason of not being able to see me often, because we were living in different cities, too, obviously. And that's a good enough reason for me.
It made me mature a lot through this experience, and it was basically just another "online relationships never work" case.
After she broke up, she changed a lot towards me, y'know, even if she said "I still want to be friends" (which you often hear in those situations), she wasn't as nice to me as before anymore. And it's obvious to do, so we lose feelings for each other faster.
Simple reason

About the other guys she likes. It's not because of jealousy, I'm just not very fond of them. There was one other guy she liked that I didn't have a problem with, but she stopped liking him.

Also yes, she pretty much said she lost feelings. I really don't really know what is with her lately, she seems like a different person.

SStrikerR
Aug 17, 2008, 08:30 AM
Then she's not the person you "loved" anymore. Seriously, move the fuck on. (Sorry I'm starting to get pissed at how stubborn you are. ><)

relentless
Aug 17, 2008, 08:54 AM
She IS the person you love (I hope so or this whole thread doesn't make any sense -.-), but you are not the person she loves anymore.
And being in love means being stubborn. :3
But I agree that discussing it on here is a bit weird. lol

RikaPSOW
Aug 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
She IS the person you love (I hope so or this whole thread doesn't make any sense -.-), but you are not the person she loves anymore.
And being in love means being stubborn. :3
But I agree that discussing it on here is a bit weird. lol

It may be weird, but I don't really know who to ask.

Also yes I'm VERY stubborn.

relentless
Aug 17, 2008, 10:45 AM
Well, but you need to be realistic at the same time.
From my point of view, I really don't think you'll have a chance with her again.
Believe it or not, you technically won't lose a lot by giving up on her, really.
Like others said, it's better to just move on with life and don't bother with this anymore.

Also, the more stubborn you are, the more people facepalm at you.

I've got a friend who just can't give up on a certain person, and I think that friend just has to fucking get over it, because it totally annoys me and all of his other friends around him when he keeps talking about that certain person. -.-
Makes me wanna vomit, but oh well.

Solstis
Aug 17, 2008, 11:19 AM
If you had taken my advice, this conversation would have been done with.

Get a cat!

Or some fish.

Or a small garden.

Something "real" and organic.

relentless
Aug 17, 2008, 12:30 PM
A successful online relationship is a pure myth.

However, even if we're not cats, some fish or a small garden, we're still organic, last I checked. We're no pixels.
It's a way to communicate, but I think this is NOT thought for online relationships, especially
since this is way too anonymous.
Special sites FOR online meetings etc. to meet new "friends" etc. are crap, and don't even count.

thunder-ray
Aug 17, 2008, 12:54 PM
About the other guys she likes. It's not because of jealousy, I'm just not very fond of them. There was one other guy she liked that I didn't have a problem with, but she stopped liking him.

Also yes, she pretty much said she lost feelings. I really don't really know what is with her lately, she seems like a different person.I have a simple question for you why love someone that doesnt love you back?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
I have a simple question for you why love someone that doesnt love you back?
Because love is not a choice.

RikaPSOW
Aug 17, 2008, 02:40 PM
I have a simple question for you why love someone that doesnt love you back?

That's an easy answer. I just can't help being in "love" with her.

thunder-ray
Aug 17, 2008, 02:53 PM
That's an easy answer. I just can't help being in "love" with her.Very well best luck to you then.

relentless
Aug 17, 2008, 02:53 PM
Don't help him stay stubborn. D;

Thalui89
Aug 17, 2008, 05:52 PM
Don't be pushy about it, if she doesnt love you then back off. God i hate it when people cant get over something. if its going to work out with her then you should wait until she comes to you. If it doesnt work out then its just not meant to be, get over it and move onto someone else.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
The answer to the ? is not on the internet;

suggest to spend any time you would "discussing" solutions here instead fixing your relationship problems and/or getting through it/over it/moving on.

This has been "discussed" thoroughly enough. Closed.