PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in PS Generation 2

asdf12321
Aug 15, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hello friends.
After playing the original genesis Phantasy Star II over 15 years ago, I decided to take on the Sega Ages remake, Phantasy Star Generation II, for the PS2.
My problem is that I can't read Japanese and I'm stuck. After returning the bio system labs' blackbox recording thingy to the commander in Paseo and hearing the librarian explanation, I remember I was given a key to the bridge that's just to the south of the lab, but I'm not, and that pipe remains closed.
What am I missing?

landman
Aug 16, 2008, 10:26 AM
Buff, just talk to everyone, I can't help you much, but talking to every character you see in the towns will open your way in this game, at least this is not as difficult as getting the road pass in generation 1, believe me lol

Saffran
Aug 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
Try getting all characters until then then go visit the governor.
My copy of the genesis game came with a Hint book, but I have my old stuff at my parents' place, I can't help you more...

asdf12321
Aug 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi. Thank you both for your help. I got the key. Now if I can impose for your help one more time, I'm now stuck before getting the Scooter, as I have talked to everyone, motavians and palmians, and the old guy next to the gun shop just won't sell me the Polymetryl.

I got the Motavian Ring to understand native motavian's language and I talked with all the native Motavians about Laconia and the Polymetryl. After that, the guy is supposed to sell it to me, but he just doesn't. I'm *so* frustrated.

RandomTask
Aug 20, 2008, 12:51 AM
Generation 2 is one of my all time favs! Maybe you already know about this site but if you don't, check it out! Have fun!

http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/psg2-web/index.html

HughShaw
Sep 9, 2009, 08:39 AM
I hope that they translate this and release it in English one day! This game just brings back all my childhood memories!