PDA

View Full Version : Girls in video games...

Sekani
Aug 16, 2008, 02:16 PM
Hi, I'm a gurl who plays video games!! I'm so special that I'm gonna tell every1 that I'm a grrl so I can get attention cuz it's so kewl!!

Except when all those icky guys come up and start to harass me, ewwww I already have a bf they only bother me cuz I'm a gurl and I play it up for no reason other then attention but now I have attention and I dont want it ne more :(

I just wanna be treated the same as every1 else except different cause I'm a girl and I'm special :D

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

No offense meant to the large percentage of women out there that do not behave like this.

Rant inspired by this facepalm-inducing thread. (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149018)

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 02:25 PM
Oh god, I laughed. Hard.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 16, 2008, 02:26 PM
Girls who play games are pretty cool guys when they don't attention whore themselves out. Eh, blacklists opposite sex and doesn't afraid of anything.

Aisha379
Aug 16, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm tempted to make a rant thread parodying this one except replacing attention-seeking girl with attention-seeking wannabe spammy comedians.

But then someone would just make a thread about an attention-seeking humorless asshole, and the cycle would just continue from there =(

CelestialBlade
Aug 16, 2008, 02:32 PM
Those girls make all female gamers look bad.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 16, 2008, 02:33 PM
Indeed

Kylie
Aug 16, 2008, 02:36 PM
Personally, I'm girly as a girl can be, but I've always hung out with guys more than I have girls. So I don't have much of a problem in online gaming, which I consider mostly a man's world. I really don't want to be treated any differently, and I'm proud that I act accordingly with that in mind. People have acted like I just want items or attention from guys simply because I'm a girl, but those are baseless assumptions. I mean, ask anyone that knows me - I'll likely get pissed off if anyone buys me something if it's not my birthday or Christmas. Anyway, I think there are definitely differences between guys and girls (because of hormones and the like), but people take it to a whole 'nother level. So I agree.

Leviathan
Aug 16, 2008, 02:38 PM
Except when all those icky guys come up and start to harass me, ewwww I already have a bf they only bother me cuz I'm a gurl and I play it up for no reason other then attention but now I have attention and I dont want it ne more :(

You say that but when a 25 your old dude tries desperately to get ANY other form of contact other than in game talking then it get's REALLY creepy.

From now on I'm a manly man. ;o

DavidNel
Aug 16, 2008, 02:40 PM
It's a commonly known fact that females can't grip a video game controler due to the ocnfiguration of the controler. This makes it impossible for girls to play games...

>.>

Idrc if girls play, and I don't ask people for their gender on PSU... If you suck, gtfo my party...

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
:roll: If by treating "special", you mean "treating with respect"? Oh my, asking to not be hit on is just, you know, like, so much to ask!

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 03:53 PM
I (as a guy) find it VERY ANNOYING when i see some guy hittin on a girl in a game, so how do i help matters you want to know, for the next 10 minutes i spam about how desperate he is hahaha

Then i will be playin online in a party with me gf playfully poppin flirty messages up and some idiot runs over and tells me to leave her alone, then slowly walks away when my gf yells "back the fuck of bitch he's my bf" lol its so hilarious

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 03:54 PM
:roll: If by treating "special", you mean "treating with respect"? Oh my, asking to not be hit on is just, you know, like, so much to ask!

The main problem I've almost always had with the women I tend to run into is that you have to keep doing more and more or else you're the bad guy, like "respect" becomes "do everything for me." I know that not all women are like that, but when it happens a lot you start to not trust anybody to be sane.

And no, I don't just mean in a relationship. Just being friends with the ones I meet tends to give me more trouble than I need in my life. However, you can't call me sexist because I know for a fact that not every girl is like that, because I have met a few that I'm still good friends with and I consider a respectable human being. It's just that I live in a pretty shitty area, there aren't many smart people around here.

Please note that I'm also not your traditional guy as well, let alone anything near normal. For instance, "normal" guys by the standard of the average society means we're boneheaded sports lovers that only want to make a girl happy because we're sex addicts and want to get into your pants. Therefore hitting on women all the time. I'm pretty disgusted that men are generally labeled as such, but more disgusted when I see it proven by the people around me.

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
The main problem I've almost always had with the women I tend to run into is that you have to keep doing more and more or else you're the bad guy, like "respect" becomes "do everything for me." I know that not all women are like that, but when it happens a lot you start to not trust anybody to be sane.

And no, I don't just mean in a relationship. Just being friends with the ones I meet tends to give me more trouble than I need in my life. However, you can't call me sexist because I know for a fact that not every girl is like that, because I have met a few that I'm still good friends with and I consider a respectable human being. It's just that I live in a pretty shitty area, there aren't many smart people around here.

Please note that I'm also not your traditional guy as well, let alone anything near normal. For instance, "normal" guys by the standard of the average society means we're boneheaded sports lovers that only want to make a girl happy because we're sex addicts and want to get into your pants. Therefore hitting on women all the time. I'm pretty disgusted that men are generally labeled as such, but more disgusted when I see it proven by the people around me.

Well i'm a bone-headed, sports loving, sex-addict guy, all guys are lol
Just keep it off the damn games and learn to control yourself lol

Retehi
Aug 16, 2008, 04:00 PM

The broad in that thread was the last person on Earth to deserve respect, and the first person to get launched to the moon. If you don't see that, then I feel bad for you.

Being female does not grant you immunity for acting like a dunce. It's the same as that Family Guy episode, where Peter claims to be retarded, and everyone treats him like royalty. I'm seeing the same thing here.

Again, male or female, you act like an idiot, you deserve every insult coming toward you. Bringing up your gender on an online forum is absolutely the most IRRELEVANT thing you can do, and if you do (In the FASHION this person did mind you), it just makes you look like a total attention whore. You are nothing special, you're like everyone else on this faceless void known as the internet, when it comes to forums.

Here, have an oldie from back then:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/slaughter_evil_cows/attn.gif

amtalx
Aug 16, 2008, 04:05 PM
Some girls really overreact though... If a guy says hello and asks you how your day is, you are NOT being hit on. Seriously people, just because someone looks in your general direction doesn't mean their first thought is to peel those itchy clothes off. Get over yourself.

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
Well i'm a bone-headed, sports loving, sex-addict guy, all guys are lol
Just keep it off the damn games and learn to control yourself lol

Bull, I'm not at all. While people could argue about me being bone-headed (everyone has their moments... :P), I don't like sports other than the basic curiosity of wondering what the outcome is (which I have about everything), and I'm nowhere near a sex-addict. :)

Although your last point is right. If one does fit in that category, they need to have some self-control.

Weeaboolits
Aug 16, 2008, 04:11 PM
I honestly couldn't care less, the only importance it holds to me is which pronoun to use.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
I say he/she depending on if the person is playing a female or male in-game char.
If I KNOW the person is male, I say he, same with she if I know if the person's female.
Though I know a male friend who prefers being called "she", which is understandable in certain situations.
And yeah, this doesn't matter a bit.
All about the personality I say.
Saying something like "all guys are idiots on vid games" is stupid, because 1. it's an opinion so don't make it sound like a fact, and 2. like Retehi said, mentioning genders on an online game alone is ridiculous.

Kizeragi
Aug 16, 2008, 05:07 PM
I say he/she depending on if the person is playing a female or male in-game char.
If I KNOW the person is male, I say he, same with she if I know if the person's female.
Though I know a male friend who prefers being called "she", which is understandable in certain situations.
And yeah, this doesn't matter a bit.
All about the personality I say.
Saying something like "all guys are idiots on vid games" is stupid, because 1. it's an opinion so don't make it sound like a fact, and 2. like Retehi said, mentioning genders on an online game alone is ridiculous.

I'm like that also but if they are using a male character, I call them a he. And vice-versa. Some people get mixed up sometimes. :/

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2008, 05:42 PM
Some girls really overreact though... If a guy says hello and asks you how your day is, you are NOT being hit on. Seriously people, just because someone looks in your general direction doesn't mean their first thought is to peel those itchy clothes off. Get over yourself.

Bingo.

"Hey everyone! I'm a girl! Tee-hee!"

*Heads turn*

"OMG STOP HITTING ON ME!!! YOU'RE ALL CHAUVINISTIC PIGS!"

*After game, some poor sap on the other team who wasn't around during the pre-game lobby shenanagins*

"Hey guys, good game."

"OMG! I'm a girl! God!"

"Whatever. Good game."

"!!! Stop trying to get in my pants!"

Whenever I hear the sound of estrogen filling the room I just take off my headset until the game's done. If you don't want attention, stop looking for it.

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
:lol: You all are all so very clueless! I'm not even going to waste the energy to type out replies to some of these BS answers. You don't know until you're female on an online game; you just don't. What I consider respect is not asking you to "do everything for me"; it's minding my privacy and treating me like a human-being, not just virtual ass.

a) Don't treat me any different once you find out my gender.
b) Don't hit on me, don't tell me corny pick-up lines, do not give me a love confession.
c) Not pestering me for personal information after I tell you I'm not giving out any.
d) Don't ask me for pics, my myspace, my facebook, etc.

Those are really not hard requirements; those are things any person would ask for. And sadly, 90% of the males I've played with cannot do those simple things. I'm sorry, you can argue whatever you want, but almost every girl on here can tell you a story about an encounter she's had with a creepy guy wanting to get into her e-pants. I have even had a guy who started stalking me IRL because of PSU. We aren't making this up, we don't do it for attention! It's a valid problem, and you all are denying it because of your "male pride". Sorry dudes, it' happens. Not all of you are like that, but a vast majority of guys on here I've met are exactly like that. If anything, male attention from creepers on PSU makes me want to vomit.

And no, I don't play on uni 2, and when someone asks my gender, I either say I'm male or I don't reply at all. My friends know my gender, but they are the only ones I play with now because I'm honestly too scared and too sick and fed up with the pigs on the internet to venture out elsewhere. I don't go "Tehhe, I'm a girl!" If anything, I'm known for being a bitch and I absolutely hate it when guys treat me differently because I'm female; I just ask that they treat me the same but understand that there are inherent differences (most of the time) when it comes to gender, and just respect that.

Also, Adora did have a right to complain; people were being a jerk to her for a stupid reason. Who cares about other people's blacklist use? It's their decision. You can choose to use it or not, but attacking people for using it is utterly ridiculous. I can see how she's fed up with this community of assholes.

And to those who say gender is irrelevant in an online game: open your eyes.
OBVIOUSLY, there is quite a rift and a problem going on, and there are big gender issues going on in MANY online games.

Powder Keg
Aug 16, 2008, 06:16 PM
Wrong.

I was there, and she was basically blacklisting and threatening to blacklist people who had a difference of opinion and nothing more. She blacklisted me even, and wouldn't shut up about putting people on her blacklist. She probably has half of our population blocked.

She was seeking attention with that topic and in-game, and got shot down.

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 06:21 PM
^ Well, I wasn't there when it happened, so I only had the thread to go by! But I can understand why she might have lashed out, it can be hard for a sensitive person to deal with the many jerks on this game. A lot of people don't know what they are getting into when they join an MMO and how volatile the community can be.

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
:lol: You all are all so very clueless! I'm not even going to waste the energy to type out replies to some of these BS answers. You don't know until you're female on an online game; you just don't. What I consider respect is not asking you to "do everything for me"; it's minding my privacy and treating me like a human-being, not just virtual ass.

b) Don't hit on me, don't tell me corny pick-up lines, do not give me a love confession.
c) Not pestering me for personal information after I tell you I'm not giving out any.

Those are really not hard requirements; those are things any person would ask for. And sadly, 90% of the males I've played with cannot do those simple things. I'm sorry, you can argue whatever you want, but almost every girl on here can tell you a story about an encounter she's had with a creepy guy wanting to get into her e-pants. I have even had a guy who started stalking me IRL because of PSU. We aren't making this up, we don't do it for attention! It's a valid problem, and you all are denying it because of your "male pride". Sorry dudes, it' happens. Not all of you are like that, but a vast majority of guys on here I've met are exactly like that. If anything, male attention from creepers on PSU makes me want to vomit.

And no, I don't play on uni 2, and when someone asks my gender, I either say I'm male or I don't reply at all. My friends know my gender, but they are the only ones I play with now because I'm honestly too scared and too sick and fed up with the pigs on the internet to venture out elsewhere. I don't go "Tehhe, I'm a girl!" If anything, I'm known for being a bitch and I absolutely hate it when guys treat me differently because I'm female; I just ask that they treat me the same but understand that there are inherent differences (most of the time) when it comes to gender, and just respect that.

Also, Adora did have a right to complain; people were being a jerk to her for a stupid reason. Who cares about other people's blacklist use? It's their decision. You can choose to use it or not, but attacking people for using it is utterly ridiculous. I can see how she's fed up with this community of assholes.

Blah blah, bitch bitch.

I can sum this up pretty easily. It also seems that you have just a BIT of a superiority complex.

Your entire post is clueless incarnate. It isn't as bad as it seems, you're making it worse than it is.

I tried being nice with you, now I'm going to drop that and put on a rude act. Quit complaining and suck it the fuck up. No one is denying that it is a problem, we're denying the fact that it's as bad as you all make it seem. There are creeps everywhere, you see more on the internet not only because of the veil of anonymity, but because it spans across the entire world. Not only that, but you're one that likes to blow things way out of proportion. I'm a GUY and I've been hit on while playing an online game using a female character (why use a female character, because it's something different and helps change things up a bit in most games), I think it's both disturbing and funny. I don't go making rant topics about it, I just go on with my life.

So, I leave you with this: It's going to keep happening. Shut the fuck up and deal with it. Or don't. Just don't come on an internet forum and expect people with even the slightest bit of common sense to be able to relate, because we all have enough of said common sense to realize just how unimportant it is. You want to stop them from harassing you? Blacklist. There, done, don't come to the forum to bitch because most of us don't care. If you really want to stop them for good, try and report them to the company. It's commonplace on the internet, and if you don't learn how to ignore it then you might as well just quit now.

Alright, rudeness over. I will probably just ignore your posts from now on, I have deemed you as "Not worth the time anymore" which is pretty damned impressive really. I hope you learn to be able to deal with it instead of making scenes or keeping them going like this, and therefore in the future we can get along better.

Oh, and male pride? BWA HA HA HA HA

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
^ I don't have a superiority complex; and it wasn't even your post that I considered pointless. Yours, if anything, made sense. It was a general reply to a lot of things flying around in the thread. So don't get your boxers in a big wad! I didn't even personally address you, just an idea you brought up. Way to make things personal! You don't even know me or the encounters I've had with guys on here, so stop talking about things you don't even have a clue about, and maybe you'd look less like an ass.

I personally don't even get why creepy guys seek me out. I don't give out a lot of personal information, I never send pictures or give out links to my myspace or other networking pages. It amazes me as well how creepers can come out the wordwork without knowing you, but for creepers on the internet, just being female is enough to make you a target. And I'm not blowing it out of proportion. I've encountered so many creepy guys on my one year on PSU that it's insane, anyone who is close friends with me can verify and recount the vast number of guys who have given me grief. As I said, I had to call the police on one guy who showed up a hotel near my house.

The fact is, I shouldn't have to deal with it. That's why it's annoyance. I came on here to play a game, and these encounters take away the joy I get from it. Why should I be the one to deal with it, when I'm not the one causing the problem? The only person who should change their attitude is the creepy guy who decides to bother females thousands of miles away on the internet. And I can't blacklist creepy guys I don't know or haven't encountered yet. As you said, they will keep coming. It is important, girls don't want to feel uncomfortable on something that is meant for fun. And yes, there are creepy girls out there as well, but the guys VASTLY outnumber these females on PSU.

Plus, your comment about starting a rant thread? :lol: I didn't start one, check your eyes! I'm replying to a thread! And making a scene? Baha! I'm just airing my opinions on the internet, there have been dramas and fights 100x worse on this forum, get over it. I'm just trying to offer some perspective, and frankly, asking for the basic things I asked for is really not a lot to ask, and they are probably things that everyone, male and female, would like. The only one that seems silly is you, overreacting to the nth degree. :roll:

Shadowpawn
Aug 16, 2008, 06:57 PM
I had to call the police on one guy who showed up a hotel near my house.

I'm curious as to how that happened. Do you list your personal information on your profile in the game or did you tell him? Also, I don't see the need to call the police unless he knows how you look in real life. I just find that statement a little confusing.

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 07:02 PM
^ He was a good friend at one point who became obsessed with me down the line. He admitted romantic interest in me, and when I denied his feelings, he kind of went off the deep end; he was very mentally unstable, something I didn't know about him at first. But, being my friend for a good while, he knew basic information like the city I lived in, the university I went to and my first name. He found out other information through my brother, who played at the time. What he knew was enough for him to find information like my address and home phone number, and he called me and told me he was near my house and wanted to see me. He didn't need my picture if he knew where I lived. :( But yeah, he was threatening and it was very scary situation for me.

So yeah, I was very naive then, I know much better than to even give out my city now.

Darkly
Aug 16, 2008, 07:06 PM
this is certainly where men and women disagree here.

All i can say is that on a 'nerdy' game like psu expect the weird and the wonderful, its a shame some guys are SO damn desperate to hit on girls over tha internet, but they really are that desperate.

Girls, you arn't the only ones on the internet, of course you know that already but the fact is yes, you do have to deal with it, the weirdos, the nice guys, whoever. Your a girl, your different here, it's going to happen.

Keep to yourself is all i'd say. Im sure you do, but only engage with guys who you've staked out almost, if there talking like regular people who possibly have girlfriends etc your going to get a much better conversation with them.

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
^ I agree with the "weird" and the "wonderful" part! I've met some great male buddies on here who are chillax and wonderful people, but it seems on this game, there's very few inbetween when comes to the creepy guys and the great ones. I mainly do keep my frustrations to myself, but there comes a point when you get so frustrated that you have to let it out. I'm just at that point ATM; I've had some really bad encounters, and they kinda eat away at you after awhile.

Darkly
Aug 16, 2008, 07:18 PM
it's where a lot of this misunderstandings coming from, i can obviosly see how these guys hassling you everday can piss you off, reminds me of a holiday in tunisia, where hagglers are all touchy and scheming to get you to always come into their shops etc.

By the end of the holiday we just ragged their hands off our arms, because it was every time we went through the market.

The difference is with, you and the girl portrayed in the OP, their being hugely obnoxious, attention whoring and then not liking what they get in return. 'Serves them right' comes to mind, and of course theres a difference between you and her.

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 07:22 PM
As I said, I had to call the police on one guy who showed up a hotel near my house.

Woah. I might have missed that last time you said it (probably because I was hungry as hell and basically skimmed through it, my bad ^~^; ).

THAT is different. In fact, that's actually pretty scary. IP tracking is a bitch. Useful for the cops, bad for people who have experiences like yours.

Oh, and I have had experiences with a stalker of sorts, in fact this one targeted two friends of mine as well. This bastard was fucked up, I doubt it was a sexual predator or anything but he was still a crazy bastard. Might have been a girl, but for some reason I doubt that. What's worse is he knew things about me that he shouldn't have, basically.

Anyways I'm ignoring the rest of your post because after reading it, it occurred to me that you may have taken some things the wrong way or you skimmed through it after a point. Which is payback I guess since I obviously didn't read yours all the way.

Anyways x2, I'd rather this thread was closed, locked, and everyone in it can put things said here behind them. No matter how many arguments and such I get in over the internet, I never hold anything against anyone, and I'd much rather befriend them after this. Let's hope that can happen here..? I'm not usually such an asshole, but this forum is like Facepunch when it comes to the community and I basically have to adapt.

That being said...

REQUESTING LOCK

Aisha379
Aug 16, 2008, 07:27 PM
I'm a guy but I have female main characters.

I rarely play on Uni 2 just because I don't like sitting around in the lobbys much and 90% of the people who DO just hangout in the lobbies are idiots anyways.

If someone hits on me I ignore them or say I'm a guy.

If they still hit on me I just blacklist them or kick them from the party (however this has never happened)

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 07:28 PM
@Darkly: Thanks. :) I appreciate your well-rounded view!
The example you gave about your holiday in Tunisia made a lot of sense! At first, you just get annoyed, and then you start getting somewhat aggressive about it, even perhaps towards some well-meaning merchants, because you just become so fed up with it. That's the point I'm a when it comes to guys on PSU. :P

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 07:31 PM
Want to know whats really pathetic? My gf left for a few weeks with her family, so i decided to suprise her and level her character up so she could run S runs with me when she got back, so i did, so i decided to take a break for awhile sat her down on the 1st uni 4th floor (xbox360) and walked away, 20 minutes later i returned to find about 6 guys sittin around her and about 2o messages from a bunch of random guys, so they all scattered when i said i was a guy hahaha

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 07:32 PM
Woah. I might have missed that last time you said it (probably because I was hungry as hell and basically skimmed through it, my bad ^~^; ).

Anyways x2, I'd rather this thread was closed, locked, and everyone in it can put things said here behind them. No matter how many arguments and such I get in over the internet, I never hold anything against anyone, and I'd much rather befriend them after this. Let's hope that can happen here..? I'm not usually such an asshole, but this forum is like Facepunch when it comes to the community and I basically have to adapt.

That being said...

REQUESTING LOCK

Don't worry about it. :) I really just get into many debates to kill the time, I don't really take things personally either. I usually just do it for fun, but this one, I do admit, struck a nerve with me just because of the situations I've had in the past. But it's all good, no worries! I agree that it's sometimes hard to be nice on the forums because you'll get eaten alive. :lol:

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 07:35 PM
C'mon ppl being nice in a forum.....NEVAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Kizeragi
Aug 16, 2008, 07:43 PM
C'mon ppl being nice in a forum.....NEVAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

For most people this is true.

But honestly, guy characters hiting on girl characters is hilarious. PSU isn't real life, if you wanna hit on people, do it IRL. As for me, I don't care if your a guy or girl, everyone is the same to me (obviously friends and people I don't know are different) Games are for having fun, not trying to make love drama and such.

afterthoughtz
Aug 16, 2008, 07:46 PM
For most people this is true.

But honestly, guy characters hiting on girl characters is hilarious. PSU isn't real life, if you wanna hit on people, do it IRL. As for me, I don't care if your a guy or girl, everyone is the same to me (obviously friends and people I don't know are different) Games are for having fun, not trying to make love drama and such.

Games arnt for love drama????
So i'm not in love with that blonde haired newman i met on psu today....??:-o
And i was positive we was destined to be together....hahaha i just trew up a lil lol

Kylie
Aug 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
My God. :roll: You can't escape the drama on PSOW lately, and I'm starting to wonder if my posts are too boring for these threads.

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2008, 08:00 PM

I don't.

I don't (although this might have been how RikaPSOW landed his girlfriend).

I don't.

I don't (want any of that stuff anyway).

Most of the replies here aren't about every girl on the intarwebz, but about the attention whores who flip when they get what they were looking for.

EDIT: Where's Abari? I thought he/she/it would be all over this by now.

Sidney
Aug 16, 2008, 08:07 PM
^ LOL at your reply to B!
But it's good to know a lot of guys on here aren't like the ones I've encountered in game!

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2008, 08:10 PM
Yes, well...Random PuGs in PSU tend to be skewed towards the "mentally deficient" side of the spectrum for some reason.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 12:52 AM
I don't hit on a girl when I see them on PSU. I see a female PSU character, I assume it's a guy. If I really need to know, I'll ask. If they are female, I'll tell them I just thought it might be a guy due to the nature of the way online games are. And continue playing.

I'm the exact same way wether you are male or female. Though, I might act a little different if I know you personally and respect you more.

Seority
Aug 17, 2008, 01:51 PM
I also dislike those female or femguys that flaunt their fems chars "sexiness" to get meseta/items/attention. Bugs me a bit, yeah.
I call every char a he, unless they're my friends and I know they're chicks. You can always tell, after reffering "He" to someone if the person is an attention whoring girl. Main reply: "o_o;....Um....I'm a girl ^^;" Does it really matter, expessially since I just met you? Hell no, but to some people it's just such an insult. :roll:
I like getting compliemented as a d00d online.
1) They won't hit one me, because, yes, it happens to often and I do get annoyed.
2) Getting complimented on my skill is always a nice thing. I don't care if it's "Woah, dude, you're good man!" Makes me smile :)
3) You know the person isn't stupid enough to only look at my chars gender, and does, like I do, just see eveyone as a guy, unless its obvious. (See above pharagraph)
I do just like making male characters so this whole ordeal won't matter anymore unless they are good friends. Unfortunetly we all know that DreX is antigay and it would deminish his reputation if people saw him hugging a male character. :wacko:

Powder Keg
Aug 17, 2008, 02:13 PM
People will girl characters don't even have to try to get the attention--they just get it.

There are some pathetic people out there. Some just do it for the lulz though, and I'm sure people translate that into serious business right off the bat--those type of people need to develop better people skills.

Honestly, if I were a girl and somoene knew it and wouldn't stop hitting on me, I'd probably be too busy laughing at how pathetic they are instead of blacklisting them. There is one gender in online games : Internet. It doesn't really matter. I've had people tell me they're gay even, why should I really care? It doesn't make a difference.

relentless
Aug 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
Snap, I totally agree with Artea.
I take things easy. I'm known to.
Sometimes I do it too much though, for example lol'ing in a situation where my friend is dead-serious though so it makes me look like the bad person... eh, no.

CelestialBlade
Aug 17, 2008, 04:20 PM
Usually the "traps" are the ones that get all offended if you call them a "he". I like taking a gender-neutral approach of anyone online until I've actually gotten to know them. It's not like knowing whether you're a dude or a chick should really change how I look at you.

Toadthroat
Aug 17, 2008, 05:23 PM
This is the best thread ever.

Also, Soubrette: asl? myspace? r u hot? do you like black guys? i suck toes. do you have nice toes? i'll lick ur face. can i comb ur hair? i like hugs.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 05:27 PM
Did somebody say inb4lock?

Sidney
Aug 17, 2008, 05:38 PM
@Toadthroat: Your attempt at humor is pretty sad.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 05:46 PM
Lazy trolling. :wacko:

Sidney
Aug 17, 2008, 05:50 PM
"Haha, I'm just gonna say the opposite of what she asked! Man, I am so witty!"
He should have tried harder for the lulz. :p

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 05:52 PM
That's all anyone does anything for anyways. For teh lulz.

Rust
Aug 17, 2008, 05:59 PM
Nitro. I prefered your former sig. :disapprove:

What was the topic again ?

Tessu
Aug 17, 2008, 06:08 PM
When are you going to learn?

All girls are complete selfish idiots.
No exceptions.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 17, 2008, 06:13 PM
Nitro. I prefered your former sig. :disapprove:
What was the topic again ?
I know, I'm trying to get a new sig. Check out FKL for details.

Powder Keg
Aug 17, 2008, 08:12 PM
This is the best thread ever.

Also, Soubrette: asl? myspace? r u hot? do you like black guys? i suck toes. do you have nice toes? i'll lick ur face. can i comb ur hair? i like hugs.

I lol'ed

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 17, 2008, 09:23 PM
How about no threads about other members, despite annoyances with what they have posted?

This is a standard everybody knows rule that has been around quite a while.

Universally agreeable dead horse or not, the direct link to another topic in the same forum is a no go.

Closed.