PDA

View Full Version : Level Cap?

mikeysan88
Aug 17, 2008, 11:12 PM
Is there a Level cap? on Levels and weapon levels any levels in this game would be helpful

Chuck_Norris
Aug 17, 2008, 11:27 PM
Character level cap is 100. Class cap is 10. PA cap is 30(depending on what class you play).

mikeysan88
Aug 18, 2008, 12:04 AM
only 100? went the other ones like higher?

Tetsuo9999
Aug 18, 2008, 12:50 AM
I'm sure they'll increase the level cap to 110 within the next few weeks or so, but I was annoyed by the fact that they give you so many classes to max out right from the start. yet it only takes a short while to level to 100. It's much too easy to max out your character long before all the classes are maxed. making it hard to be motivated to level classes you may not care for if it wasn't for the achievements and experience bonuses. This isn't much of a problem during the story mode, but I quickly found that the only way I was moving forward was through the class achievements and 2% experience/drop rate/meseta bonuses.

Hopefully they'll speed up the level cap increases soon. They seem to have forgotten that this is still a single-player game first and foremost for the majority of its audience, so being stuck with no way to move forward outside of rares can be really frustrating. A few minor infrastructure features like the PM shop in the home version would have at least given the player a means to spend the millions of meseta that the game throws at you, and the game would at least have a bit of an economy despite the possibility of hacked/duped items via CWCheat. I'm fairly certain I speak for most people here when I say that we'd kill for something to spend our meseta on besides blowing 100k or so on Scape Dolls every once in a while.

D14BL0
Aug 18, 2008, 01:37 AM
I'm sure they'll increase the level cap to 110 within the next few weeks or so, but I was annoyed by the fact that they give you so many classes to max out right from the start. yet it only takes a short while to level to 100. It's much too easy to max out your character long before all the classes are maxed. making it hard to be motivated to level classes you may not care for if it wasn't for the achievements and experience bonuses. This isn't much of a problem during the story mode, but I quickly found that the only way I was moving forward was through the class achievements and 2% experience/drop rate/meseta bonuses.

Hopefully they'll speed up the level cap increases soon. They seem to have forgotten that this is still a single-player game first and foremost for the majority of its audience, so being stuck with no way to move forward outside of rares can be really frustrating. A few minor infrastructure features like the PM shop in the home version would have at least given the player a means to spend the millions of meseta that the game throws at you, and the game would at least have a bit of an economy despite the possibility of hacked/duped items via CWCheat. I'm fairly certain I speak for most people here when I say that we'd kill for something to spend our meseta on besides blowing 100k or so on Scape Dolls every once in a while.

Economy? Maybe if they had an actual online mode (or hell, any way to trade even through ad hoc), the economy might mean anything. In-game economy is worthless if you can't share it with other players.

.newzero
Aug 18, 2008, 07:14 AM

Level cap increase would be nearly impossible (except alfa systems put in something which can read the level cap from the download file).

The game has no trade function as an anti cheat measure ;) you have to find the items yourself to be able to use them.

Oh btw. this game is purely OFFline ;) don't expect something which can only be done online.

Kizeragi
Aug 18, 2008, 08:32 AM
Level 200 and PA level 50 are in this game. But must be unlocked with DLC. They should raise the level cap in 20's.

.newzero
Aug 18, 2008, 11:07 AM
Level 200 and PA level 50 are in this game. But must be unlocked with DLC. They should raise the level cap in 20's.

you found that out by data mining? okay that seems to be some good news :D

Mike
Aug 18, 2008, 05:32 PM
I was about to ask if someone had found job level tables or PA level tables beyond their current limits. That answered my question.

Kizeragi
Aug 18, 2008, 05:54 PM
you found that out by data mining? okay that seems to be some good news :D

I didn't. But someone else did. :3

D14BL0
Aug 18, 2008, 06:24 PM

How, exactly, was this found out?

Kizeragi
Aug 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
How, exactly, was this found out?

Data mining. People can look at the data and decode it to see everything that's available within the game.

mikeysan88
Aug 18, 2008, 07:44 PM
funny to see how this thread is still alive lol thanks for answering my question though

Triple_S
Aug 18, 2008, 09:16 PM
Data mining. People can look at the data and decode it to see everything that's available within the game.

Basically what was done was taking CWCheat and changing values to see what's in the game. At least that's what I did. From what I could tell, there was data for up to level 200 and job level up to (or maybe past) 30. Not to mention skills and stuff could go to 50, but of course with the job's PA caps you couldn't use their full potential. I'm just a little disappointed in the fact that I didn't see any new PAs in this, from what I can tell. Meseta Fury doesn't count, we've known about that one for a while.

D14BL0
Aug 18, 2008, 10:38 PM
So, theoretically, if you CWCheat yourself and force a Level 200, the game shouldn't completely crash out, right?

Amherst_Wind
Aug 19, 2008, 07:21 AM
So, theoretically, if you CWCheat yourself and force a Level 200, the game shouldn't completely crash out, right?

Correct, thats why we know 200 is the final Lv cap, because if you try to force yourself above lv200 it does crash.

Triple_S
Aug 19, 2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah. No theory about it :P

But now I'm still a little miffed. I love the PAs in this game, mainly skills and TECHNICs (they look awesome, ya know), but I haven't seen a new one since AoI. And I don't mean the unreleased spells that are in the data, I mean something completely new we haven't even heard of. Weapons are awesome, true, but still...

Akaimizu
Aug 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'm actually happy to see that they also beefed up some visuals on gun bullets, in this game. Not only do skills and technics have some extra visual satisfaction behind them; but everything does. Makes these finds and achievements that much sweeter.

Frog
Aug 20, 2008, 12:36 PM
Level 200 in the future? PSP is looking tempting! Especially the new item-drop system. It's why I despised PSU in the first place. Thanks for the info!

Fry_Heit
Aug 20, 2008, 12:39 PM
And what about unreleased missions or places? It seems like a lot of people have hacked into the game and found and lot of things about PAs and all... But what about new maps? Has anyone found anything?

Ranji
Aug 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
If they could try to put at least some form of synthing back into it, I'd be in love. I'm sick of having to constantly hunt for that rare item, only to end up with a 2% element affinity. I'd much rather synth one that could crap out an easy 45% with a chance of failure than make 20 freakin runs to end up with 14 at 7%, 4 at 5%, 1 at 2%, and the last with 1 ******* %!!!!!

D1ABOLIK
Aug 30, 2008, 11:38 PM
If they could try to put at least some form of synthing back into it, I'd be in love. I'm sick of having to constantly hunt for that rare item, only to end up with a 2% element affinity. I'd much rather synth one that could crap out an easy 45% with a chance of failure than make 20 freakin runs to end up with 14 at 7%, 4 at 5%, 1 at 2%, and the last with 1 ******* %!!!!!
Im so glad PSP does not have the stupid synthing system in it. That is one of the things that really turned me off to PSU. The synthing system and the grinding system were absolutely terrible. Good riddance to materials and boards.

Ranji
Aug 30, 2008, 11:43 PM
Feh, to each his own I guess. I just can't stand getting weapons like that....

D1ABOLIK
Aug 31, 2008, 12:26 AM
Feh, to each his own I guess. I just can't stand getting weapons like that....

For me its alot closer to PSO, which is really the game i wish i had on PSP. But i must settle for PSP. The synthing system was one of the reasons i stopped playing PSU. But on topic- i am curious to see when we will get a level increase, and how often we will get them after that.

Jepp027
Feb 12, 2009, 09:08 PM
So no synthesisig thats great, back to the old % in found items, that will be pretty cool. It makes the weapons that much more special.

Mike
Feb 12, 2009, 10:38 PM
You don't have to bump old posts Jepp.