PDA

View Full Version : New download missions coming 21st!

Amherst_Wind
Aug 18, 2008, 05:09 AM
https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/dlmission/

The 3 download missions have been released!
Its worth noting they do NOT overwrite the old missions, so we still have Forbidden Zone X to rack up Weapons Badges, good news. :)

Unrecorded Order β
The Exchange mission has a new Trade Machine active, to reach the new items walk up the stairs (where there was previously a laser barrier) to the new area. New additions include Formal Wear, along with Dreamcast and Saturn Shadoogs.
This update to the mission includes a new exchange item, Photon Crystals. Currently there are two weapons that require Photon Crystal they are Lavis Cannon and Lavis Blades. For info on the Photon Crystals see Crystal Tears below.

Theif Vol Brothers
A Time Attack mission involving the Vol Brothers and the Rogues. This mission requires you to spend 2 Weapons Badges to enter but its well worth it, there are a lot of unique drops in this mission like Harisen Fan and Fluorescent Bulb along with their twin versions, and more!

Crystal Tears
A Party mission in the Habirao area of Neudaiz. This mission goes through Habirao ending with an Onmagoug battle, solo the most you can get is a B rank but you only need 2 people to get an S rank, which after the boss battle will reward you 1 Photon Crystal! This mission has a rare spawn which will spawn a Rappy Igg so its great for anyone hunting him as if you do get the rare spawn Rappy Igg is reachable solo! :)

Update: Read this post if you need help downloading the demo from your PSP,
http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2103159&postcount=2

Illuminate
Aug 18, 2008, 07:47 AM
Kewl. ;D

Kizeragi
Aug 18, 2008, 08:11 AM
I'm very interested to see the new items. Hopefully some more PSO themed weapons.

New missions are always a plus too.

Callous
Aug 20, 2008, 10:19 PM
It's now past 12 noon here in Japan and still nothing's up.

Unknown_PC
Aug 20, 2008, 10:22 PM
Pretty much, they were scheduled to be released 80 minutes ago, but still no luck; here's to more anticipations.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 20, 2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, you'd expect them to put them up now since it's PSU maintenance in Japan, for all the PSU addicts to keep themselves busy.

Unknown_PC
Aug 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
Well, with nothing better to do than waiting for the DLC, I've been messing around with the current, 7/31 Exchange Mission.

Interestingly enough, some items are already in the map such as Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, GUARDIANS Formal, Formal Dress, Formal Coat, and Illuminus Coat. Perhaps these items will be updated to the new exchange mission?

Kendrik
Aug 21, 2008, 12:14 AM
Noob question that's probably been answered elsewhere.

I ordered my copy of PSP a few days ago from Renchi.com. I have the Asia release of the game coming. It's likely that these downloadable missions will work with the Asia release, right?

Unknown_PC
Aug 21, 2008, 12:15 AM
Well, the 8/21 Download Mission is out now.

And cool, I was right about Dreamcast, Saturn, and Dress.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Unknown_PC/snap059.png

Lavis stuff can be exchanged by Photon Crystals now too.

Edit:

Noob question that's probably been answered elsewhere.

I ordered my copy of PSP a few days ago from Renchi.com. I have the Asia release of the game coming. It's likely that these downloadable missions will work with the Asia release, right?

Yes, the download missions will work with the Asian release.

Tetsuo9999
Aug 21, 2008, 12:19 AM
Are there any new weapons available?

Unknown_PC
Aug 21, 2008, 12:29 AM
Are there any new weapons available?

Yeah, Lavis Cannon and Lavis Blade by exchanging Photon Crystals.

On another note, I just tried the new solo mission for a little bit during break, you have to spend 2 Weapon Badges or 1 Guardian Badge to get in and all the mobs are lv 80.

pikachief
Aug 21, 2008, 12:32 AM
how do u get gaurdians badges and photon crystals?

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 21, 2008, 01:15 AM
how do u get gaurdians badges and photon crystals?

Badges: I dunno.

Photon Crystals: I would believe this has something to do with Crystal Tears. Possibly from S ranking it (which WILL require 4 people, from what I've seen). It's that or it's a drop in Crystal Tears behind the gates or from Onmagoug.

Callous
Aug 21, 2008, 01:35 AM
Doesn't seem like we get S2 missions or anything like that though it was indicated in the interview about this update.

Unknown_PC
Aug 21, 2008, 04:33 AM
Photon Crystals: I would believe this has something to do with Crystal Tears. Possibly from S ranking it (which WILL require 4 people, from what I've seen). It's that or it's a drop in Crystal Tears behind the gates or from Onmagoug.

Yeah, looks that way.

Reportedly, S-ranking the Crystal Tears mission (requires at least 2 people) will get you 1 Photon Crystal

Callous
Aug 21, 2008, 04:43 AM
This game not being officially online, Sega better release a way for solo players to aquire photon crystals. I need me a Lavis Cannon.

Opy
Aug 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
Yeah, its a little irritating being someone who isnt able to ad/hoc with anyone already.

Amherst_Wind
Aug 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah, its a little irritating being someone who isnt able to ad/hoc with anyone already.

You should really look into Xlink if you wanna go online with PSP, its not very expensive to setup and well worth it to be able to play online.

Zarode
Aug 21, 2008, 01:10 PM
Where is my Lavis Gun? :disapprove: (or any gun, for that matter...)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 21, 2008, 02:47 PM
You should really look into Xlink if you wanna go online with PSP, its not very expensive to setup and well worth it to be able to play online.

I don't think Kai works if you already use wireless to connect to your router with your computer.

Fry_Heit
Aug 21, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yup, it doesn't, and I've tried a LOT of times on my fiancée's laptop. WiFi's baaaad anyway, you'll get a cancer if you keep using it :p.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 21, 2008, 04:27 PM
Wifi is my only option, being 2 floors up from my modem.

D14BL0
Aug 21, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yup, it doesn't, and I've tried a LOT of times on my fiancée's laptop. WiFi's baaaad anyway, you'll get a cancer if you keep using it :p.

Only if you sleep with a router under your pillow. :P

Kyuubi_x
Aug 21, 2008, 05:01 PM
I don't think Kai works if you already use wireless to connect to your router with your computer.

Works for me, and I'm using a Linksys router.

pikachief
Aug 21, 2008, 07:10 PM

doesnt always work.

i really wanted the lavis stuff too :/

Lamak
Aug 21, 2008, 07:14 PM
doesnt always work.

i really wanted the lavis stuff too :/lawl, Just got mine. Posting pics asap.

Kizeragi
Aug 21, 2008, 07:25 PM
Where is my Lavis Gun? :disapprove: (or any gun, for that matter...)

Seems like they are neglecting us Gunners. :(
Eitherway, a good update to start with.

D14BL0
Aug 22, 2008, 05:09 PM
Is there a translation of the download missions anywhere? Just hitting random buttons and running into warp pads doesn't seem to be doing much. :\

Amherst_Wind
Aug 22, 2008, 08:04 PM
Is there a translation of the download missions anywhere? Just hitting random buttons and running into warp pads doesn't seem to be doing much. :

*Pulls back curtain*

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149475

Ta-da!

Neoptolemus
Aug 22, 2008, 11:23 PM
I realize that I should post it in the Drop Charts thread, but has anyone found anything good from Onma in the new mission? I have only seen the Rikauteri in the boss boxes (as a Protranser). Seen two of them drop on back-to-back runs.

Chimeria
Aug 23, 2008, 12:14 AM
Anyone got a link for the new quests? I still can't connect to the server for some strange reason.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 23, 2008, 12:16 AM
Don't worry, you aren't missing anything.

And your sig is too tall, 180px height limit ;<

https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/mission/

Click the button with a down arrow to download. The second picture shows you where the data goes on your PSP.

Chimeria
Aug 23, 2008, 12:20 AM
Don't worry, you aren't missing anything.

And your sig is too tall, 180px height limit ;<

https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/mission/

Click the button with a down arrow to download. The second picture shows you where the data goes on your PSP.

Sorry about the sig. I need some new quests so I've been looking forward to these new ones. Thanks for the link.

Jahn-Choo
Aug 23, 2008, 02:47 AM
I don't have all of the missions in my download section.

I only have the excahnge mission, the "X" mission, and a mission that auto ends when your character dies. When my friend hosted, we ran the mission that gives you the photon crystal for S ranking it, but I can not find that mission at all now that I'm playing alone.

Can someone help with this? Also, how many of the crystals do we need for the Lavis series of weapons?

Thanks.

Seyu
Aug 23, 2008, 04:26 AM
Crystal Tears mission is only available in multi mode. Second mission in download section. lavis cannon needs 5 photon crystals, lavis blades need 10.

Chimeria
Aug 23, 2008, 08:55 AM
Um...how do you access the download missions? I used a USB to put the DOWN.DAT on my memory stick. Is there anything else special I have to do to play the missions?

Arika
Aug 23, 2008, 09:34 AM
Crystal Tears
A Party mission in the Habirao area of Neudaiz. This mission goes through Habirao ending with an Onmagoug battle, solo the most you can get is a B rank but you only need 2 people to get an S rank, which after the boss battle will reward you 1 Photon Crystal! This mission has a rare spawn which will spawn a Rappy Igg so its great for anyone hunting him as if you do get the rare spawn Rappy Igg is reachable solo! :smile:
>>>

I m sure that will be future co-op Alteratsugouz mission for the AOI too.

Mike
Aug 24, 2008, 07:09 PM
I wish those photon crystals were available solo. I did just get an xlink compatible dongle though so I should hopefully be able to get some after I set it up.