PDA

View Full Version : AotI Are Crossbow PAs worth leveling???

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 08:35 PM
Just curious i never really messed with them before. I was thinking about using them on my fortegunner. As far as leveling what other gun can you compare the EXP/time to.

also.....i've been hearing about Yak Zagenga...is that worht getting???
i kinda faguely understand what i does. I mean i know the less HP you have the more damage it does but by how much??? can it be a severe difference???

beatrixkiddo
Aug 19, 2008, 08:43 PM
If you plan on going Gunmaster I wouldn't bother, but they are quite decent, Zagenga especially. Not sure on absolute values of the HP effect, but I think Zagenga outdamages the elementals as long as you're at 75% or lower.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 19, 2008, 09:44 PM
Yak Zagenda is all you need really

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 10:13 PM
If you plan on going Gunmaster I wouldn't bother, but they are quite decent, Zagenga especially. Not sure on absolute values of the HP effect, but I think Zagenga outdamages the elementals as long as you're at 75% or lower.
i plan to as well but until then :P

still wishes that gunmaster can use lasers
sigh

beatrixkiddo
Aug 19, 2008, 10:16 PM
i plan to as well but until then :P

still wishes that gunmaster can use lasers
sigh

Gunmaster CAN use lasers. However, they cannot use Crossbows. Or perhaps you were lamenting the loss of Grenades?

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 10:37 PM
Gunmaster CAN use lasers. However, they cannot use Crossbows. Or perhaps you were lamenting the loss of Grenades?

o really?? nevermind then YAY gunmasters!!!!
i know this off topic but where can i get my dark shot(lvl 21) to 31 within a few or couple hours.... i have a level 132 F cast 20 FG. I was thinking about going guntecher until 31. Good idea? Bad idea??? Not sure what mission to go to

DarkEliteRico
Aug 19, 2008, 10:49 PM
o really?? nevermind then YAY gunmasters!!!!
i know this off topic but where can i get my dark shot(lvl 21) to 31 within a few or couple hours.... i have a level 132 F cast 20 FG. I was thinking about going guntecher until 31. Good idea? Bad idea??? Not sure what level to go to
Honestly just use the shot as often as you can shot gun bullets seem to level themselves, they were my first ones to 40, and will probably be my first ones to 50 when gunmaster comes around

Turb0
Aug 19, 2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah crossbows are good. I was going to level them all, but with gunmaster coming up I just decided to use zagenga all the time. With level 40 zagenga I think I do around 150 more damage per bullet with ~500 health than I do with full health.

Zoamel_Gustav
Aug 20, 2008, 01:37 AM
i know the less HP you have the more damage it does but by how much??? can it be a severe difference???

Yak Zagenga's SE is "HP affects pwr".

http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/DB2FBEF5C2D6CAD1B2BD.html#l8224255

HP affects pwr LV1 is a 14% increase.
HP affects pwr LV2 is a 19% increase.
HP affects pwr LV3 is a 31% increase.

([Max HP - Current HP] / Max HP) x increase = boost.

This means, HP affects pwr LV3:

At full HP, is a 0% boost.
At half HP, is a 15% boost.
At 1 HP, is a 31% boost.
etc.

For comparison, an agtaride/retaride is a 15% boost.

However, zagenga has different stat mods, growth, and PP cost compared to other crossbow bullets. Of course, staying alive at low HP requires both avoiding damage and avoiding being healed.

Para
Aug 20, 2008, 06:06 AM
Level them all I say. The usefulness of lv 3 status effects are nice when soloing.

Dragwind
Aug 20, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'd say crossbows are very useful. For raw power at a sacrifice of less range and lowered HP, Zagenga is very nice. The elementals are very good at applying SE's as well.

Hrith
Aug 20, 2008, 08:52 AM
Crossbows are very much worth it on any class that can use them.

Yak Zagenga is only worth it if you are at least at 50% HP, not 75%.

Having less than half HP is very rare, so most of the time, Yak Zagenga will be doing less damage + no SE + higher PP cost, so it's not very much worth it.

Average figures from Lv130/20 FG (SPS, Megistaride) versus Lv130 monsters:

http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/yak_banga40_monster130_damage1.jpg

http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/yak_zagenga40_monster130_damage1.jpg
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/yak_zagenga40_monster130_damage2.jpg
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/yak_zagenga40_monster130_damage3.jpg

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
Ok so i guess i'll be workin on the dark croosbow PA 2morrow....hmmm lets see if i get that to 21 and my level 21 dark to 31 before the update

Darius_Drake
Aug 22, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hrith, thanks for the pics showing those results. That is the most useful info I have seen on this pa. One question though, what level was your pa for the fire bullets and what level were the bullets for zagenga?

shotsfired
Aug 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
nice, a vulcaline! congrats!!

Hrith
Aug 23, 2008, 05:40 AM
Hrith, thanks for the pics showing those results. That is the most useful info I have seen on this pa. One question though, what level was your pa for the fire bullets and what level were the bullets for zagenga?40 and 40, Yak Zagenga does not gain ATP after Lv30, though, only ATA.