PDA

View Full Version : Lack of rare items in VHard Ep2 Seabed....

EDarkness
Jan 30, 2003, 11:38 AM
I've been running through Ep2 Seabed for the past couple of days and have yet to find a rare item. Not even in chests. I've done 6 or 7 runs so far and come up with nil. I find that kind of odd considering that if I make a run through the Ep1 Ruins I generally walk away with something even if it is a standard rare item. Not the case in the Seabed level. With the difficulty of the enemies there, you would figure there would be a good chance of finding something interesting.

Has anyone else noticed this?

-EDarkness

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EDarkness on 2003-01-30 08:41 ]</font>

Sasarai
Jan 30, 2003, 11:47 AM
I myself have not made it to the Sea Bed, but I have noticed in Episode 2, generally speaking, there are a lot less Rares than in Episode 1 (or so it seems).

I also saw another post from another person along the same lines, stating the lack of rare findings in Episode 2.

I can run through V.Hard Mines and scrape up 3+ rares every run...so playing Episode 2 is frustrating when you don't find -any-.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 30, 2003, 11:53 AM
Seabed drops in general, whether it be on VH or Ultimate, are uncommon.

That's sort of good and sort of bad. On the bad side, you won't find many red boxes; on the good side almost all the drops are at least 10 stars.

There aren't too many ids where you'll be pestered with 9 star rares (although, the popular PINKAL is one of them)

EDarkness
Jan 30, 2003, 12:03 PM
I was kind of figuring that being the case. I've been hoping to find something...anything, but with no luck. I guess it's good that the drops are rare, but they should at least give you something to offset the difficulty.

That said, I have to admit that I really like Ep2 better than Ep1. I grow tired of runnin' around in the Ruins. I did too much of that in the DC version. Ep2 is a lot more challenging and the levels are interesting and most of all...short. It takes at least an hour and a half to run through the Ruins or even the Caves. I can get through the Seabed in less time. So if I want a quick fix, I just play Ep2. And so far my favorite stage in both Ep1 & Ep2 is VR Spaceship. I just love that stage. Especially the music.

Anyway, my character's section ID is Yellowboze, and I have no idea what kind of stuff I can find in the Seabed level. I intend to keep runnin' through it until I find something. At this rate it's gonna be a long time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-EDarkness

UMMON
Jan 30, 2003, 12:08 PM
I know how you feel. The only good thing i've walked away with in Ep2 is high techs, which is good since i'm a FO, but I have yet to see a red box.
I'm almost ready to give up on it, but I know I can only find certain items in Ep2

Yurika
Jan 30, 2003, 01:18 PM
I've done a shit ton of vhard seabed runs (because ult? HAH HAH... megid effing monkeys), and sometimes it takes a while to get something to drop, but when it does, it's not a throwaway thing. Me and two other buddies have snagged a stink frame apiece in there, and one buddy of mine claims to have got a spirit garment from there. I got myself a pair of S-berrils. ^______^ They're soooooo cuuuuuuuuuute! I need some drops to make them camoflagued.

Maelkith
Jan 30, 2003, 03:55 PM
the items i have obtained from deathbed although infrequent are quite nice. morfos dropped a stink frame which at first glance seems bad, but it evolved into parasite wear. and in ulti the only rare weapon i have found was an mkb!

EDarkness
Jan 30, 2003, 11:14 PM
You know what's funny? No sooner than I created this thread, I make a run and find THREE specials weapons. One of them happens to be a Twin Psychogun which was dropped by a Delbiter. Freaked me out. Well, I guess I spoke too soon, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-EDarkness

PS. Now that this has happened, I doubt I'll be able to find another rare ever again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

flux-equals-rad
Jan 31, 2003, 02:38 AM
wait you got a twin psychogun in vhard? wtf, delbiter gave me a frickin suppressed gun...gimme those! good find.

EDarkness
Jan 31, 2003, 01:40 PM
I'm curious, why did this thread get moved? It's not a thread about specific items, but more about the lack of rare drops in the Seabed level. Is that not a general discussion?

-EDarkness

Xzen
Jan 31, 2003, 01:45 PM
Well isnt it true that most of the rares are from the frist episode. Then they just added more for the second episode.

Kupi
Jan 31, 2003, 03:46 PM
The real annoying thing is when you combine the item drop rate with the number of specific types of enemies and the fact that I'm only after one rare, a Spirit Garment. That drops from Deldepths on VH for me, and those things appear... what? Twice a run? >_O

dys0r
Jan 31, 2003, 06:36 PM
I've been playing more and more of Episode II lately, due to the fact that Episode I's getting boring. Episode II sure does have a lot of new and rare items! I found like four rare items in one run through Very Hard Jungle, Mountain, and Seaside area. And, when I got to Seabed, I found a SPIRIT GARMENT! What a sweet find. Now, if I can just find those AddSlots...

- dys

EDarkness
Feb 1, 2003, 10:25 AM
I'm looking for a Spirit Garment also. For my section ID supposedly Gibbles drops it. I've fought that guy plenty of times and have not found one yet. I figure it has to happen eventually. But my section ID has a lack of finding armor, so I doubt I'll find one anytime soon.

And if you're looking for Addslots, I would try looking in Ep1 Caves. I've found plenty of them there for some reason or another. Mostly on Hard.

-EDarkness

TeamPhalanx
Feb 1, 2003, 10:49 AM
Best shot at a SPIRIT GARMENT is YELLOWBOZE in Ultimate Mountain.

You can just exchange photon drops for add slots online...

That Delbiter drop is extremely rare. I dare say that out of all the enemies in the game, a drop by a Delbiter is probably the rarest.

dude3282
Feb 1, 2003, 02:01 PM
What about Garanz/Baranz? Considering I've never seen one in a quest outside of the Famitsu Cup . . .

dys0r
Feb 1, 2003, 04:46 PM
Hey EDarkness. What section ID are you? For some reason or another, I've never found an AddSlot for my Pinkal. She's level 102 now, and still no AddSlots. I just found an Ultimate Frame, 1 slot, just today. It's WAY better than a SPIRIT GARMENT in terms of DFP, but the EVP boost that the garment gives you is a huge plus. Too bad I can't find those damn slots.. and I can't even go online.

Is there any particular place a Pinkal can find them?

- dys

Sasarai
Feb 1, 2003, 08:06 PM
After ~150hours of gameplay I've found -1- AddSlot in V.Hard Mines. Greenill is my section ID, if IDs have any bearing with AddSlot finding.

I'm going to save that precious little bugger 'til I have armor I wont change in 5-10 levels; using 3 slot Holiness Armor at the moment.

Savrak
Feb 1, 2003, 09:51 PM
Well My Whitill Ramarl found 3 in Normal Caves! all in boxes. So start cracking.

Davion
Feb 1, 2003, 11:12 PM
Well, at this moment, Davion is lieing face first in one of the seabed's water filled rooms, dead. it is at this time that I reflect on what I've found here. Well, I got 5 Dragon slayers here over my runs in Ult and a cure/paralysis, but I don't remember finding anything in Vhard. Hey look, the guy I'm playing with just came to revive me, oh joy. I mustr go.

EDarkness
Feb 2, 2003, 10:43 AM
My section ID is Yellowboze. The funny thing is that over the course of my character's lifetime I have found at least 11 Addslots. I find them so often that I sometimes give them away to people who need them, and have even used a few on various armor I've found. Including a D-Parts 1.01 that my roommate found a while back. Most of my finds were in the caves, though I have found a few in VR Temple and Ruins.

I figured I can get a Spirit Garment in Ult, but I haven't fully explored EP2 Ult, because the VR Temple has those upgrades to Dark Belras that basically pound me into submission with their constant shooting. Maybe next week I'll make an effort to get to the Control Area in Ult. so I can find a Spirit Garment.

That drop by the Delbiter kinda freaked me out. I was pretty surprised when it happened, it's just a shame that my RAcaseal can't use the Twin Psychogun. I really want to see what those Sinows drop, honestly. Hopefully it's something cool.

-EDarkness