PDA

View Full Version : BB Tekking, grinder questions

LOLOMGWTF
Aug 22, 2008, 06:41 AM
1. What's the point of retekking? Is it worth doing it? I usually just take the first tekking he does and run; but is it worth it to re-roll for something better?

2. How do grinders work... Like, if something says it can use 30 grinders, does that mean it can get +30 on the weapon worth of grinding, or if it says 30 grinders does it mean you can use 30 monogrinders, digrinders OR trigrinders; thus you could get anywhere from +30 (with all monos) to +90 (all tris) with grinding. Could someone clear this up for me?

Thanks again!

AlexCraig
Aug 22, 2008, 01:09 PM
1.) Retekking can get you a higher tier of weapon ability (ex. Master's - Lord's - King's). It could also give you higher percents (ex. 25% Native -> 40% Native) and possible pluses (ex. +3 -> +5). This is not always guaranteed, and you can often get less than you bargained for. But it is usually a good idea to do this with the lowest tier of weapons.

2.) +30 would mean the weapon's max grind is 30. Example: You have a weapon at +28. You use a Trigrider. The weapon becomes +30, not +31.
Usually, most people would recommend against grinding a common weapon unless you were to make it into a rare one (usually via synthesis item), and would suggest you grind rare weapons.

Splash
Aug 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
1.) Retekking can get you a higher tier of weapon ability (ex. Master's - Lord's - King's). It could also give you higher percents (ex. 25% Native -> 40% Native) and possible pluses (ex. +3 -> +5). This is not always guaranteed, and you can often get less than you bargained for. But it is usually a good idea to do this with the lowest tier of weapons.

That's an impossible tekking. Tekking only adds 10% or subtracts 10%.

Tekking is mainly done to get you a higher percent for a weapon and if possible, a better special. It is only mostly done with hit% weapons since the difference in ATA is a lot and it provides a lot more use when it has more hit%. Plus a "mistekked" weapon (which is a weapon that is tekked wrong) is usually of less value if you wanted to trade it.

SilverShadow117
Aug 22, 2008, 02:27 PM
Tekking can either make your weapon stronger or weaker. It only costs 100 meseta so if you have tons of meseta(which is easy to get at higher lvls) go ahead and keep tekking your weapon until you get what you want.

As for grinding. Lets say the max grind you can have is 30. It doesn't matter if you use monogrinders, digrinders, or trigrinders. The max you can have is 30 and that's it.

Ketchup345
Aug 22, 2008, 02:54 PM
That's an impossible tekking. Tekking only adds 10% or subtracts 10%.Not quite. The first tech could show 25%, but the base may be 30%, allowing 40% to be achieved on the second tek.

LOLOMGWTF
Aug 22, 2008, 04:58 PM
many thanks you guys :3

i was curious about it and i think i lost 5% a. beast on a last survivor i found from trying to retekk it.

but i'm not too worried about that heh :P

thanks again!

Splash
Aug 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
Not quite. The first tech could show 25%, but the base may be 30%, allowing 40% to be achieved on the second tek.
If the situation was like that, then yes.

But a 25% untekked weapon originally can never be tekked to 40%.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 23, 2008, 02:09 PM
If the situation was like that, then yes.

But a 25% untekked weapon originally can never be tekked to 40%.
Missing the point. *facepalm*

Splash
Aug 23, 2008, 02:58 PM
Missing the point. *facepalm*

No, clarification.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
Isn't 25% low anyways?

Splash
Aug 23, 2008, 05:22 PM
Yes. Usually.