PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth keep playing psoc?

Blenjar
Jan 30, 2003, 12:42 PM
Because of all those fsod, are you gonna risk you character(s)? Hard to believe....I'll stop playing every pso games if psox have fsod 2.

Eden
Jan 30, 2003, 12:43 PM
PSO XBOX does have FSOD

Blenjar
Jan 30, 2003, 12:44 PM
How do you know that, did you play it? some j/p friends told you that?

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 30, 2003, 12:46 PM
ah king experienced some FSOD problems on PSOX. However, we dont know how often he has played. If he experienced FSOD twice in..let says..200 hours (hypothetically)..then it doesnt seem so bad. If he experienced FSOD twice in something like 5 hours..then thats a problem.

Auracom
Jan 30, 2003, 12:50 PM
PSOX? is that Pso on Xbox?

Blenjar
Jan 30, 2003, 12:51 PM
that's not good....
...I need to experience it for my self.
I only had bsod on the ver.1, never had it on any other version...I hate sonic team...!!! they not good enought.

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 30, 2003, 12:52 PM
yeah...Its what many use to distinguish PSO Episodes I and II on Xbox and PSO Episodes I and II on Gamecube. And I'm lazy, far to lazy to type out PSO Episodes I and II xbox version everytime I refer to it.

Blenjar
Jan 30, 2003, 01:50 PM
pso is done for it if psox isn't successful.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 30, 2003, 06:38 PM
On 2003-01-30 10:50, Blenjar wrote:
pso is done for it if psox isn't successful.

Not exactly...You never know what you're gonna get.

(Hertz car rentals and Forest Gump quotes/slogans)

dvs69
Jan 30, 2003, 06:56 PM
Just get a broadband connection you wont experience fsod's or they will be very un common.

Kanore
Jan 30, 2003, 06:59 PM
X box stinks.. nuff said... really.

It's pretty scary when you go online with psogc... for me at least...

Blenjar
Jan 30, 2003, 07:00 PM
On 2003-01-30 15:56, dvs69 wrote:
Just get a broadband connection you wont experience fsod's or they will be very un common.

I'm broadband 4ever, once I go one a higher level, I never go back to a lower lv. I never hard any other internet connection than broadband. Road Runner was my first feel of internet in my house.

Coran_Horn
Jan 30, 2003, 07:15 PM
So you're saying you do have broadband, but you still get FSODs? check to see if your connection uses PPPoE, because that's likely the problem. I got a router and I haven't d/ced or FSODed at all since I got it, and that was almost three weeks ago.

Vantamiath
Jan 30, 2003, 07:32 PM
I dont know what the big epedemic is all about on GC. Few people got corrupted-get over it. If I got corrupted I would be pissed to, but I ENJOY pso enough to move on and start over.

Ive had this since day one, and I have been FSOD twice on dial-up.

Oh god, shall I call SWAT?

NarKolePtik
Jan 31, 2003, 05:54 AM
On 2003-01-30 16:15, Coran_Horn wrote:
So you're saying you do have broadband, but you still get FSODs? check to see if your connection uses PPPoE, because that's likely the problem. I got a router and I haven't d/ced or FSODed at all since I got it, and that was almost three weeks ago.

Same here, I read somewhere that PSOGC didn't like PPPoE connections so i bought a router... no more disconnects, not a single problem since... about same time too, 2-3 weeks ago.

CajunSamurai
Jan 31, 2003, 06:23 AM
Heh, I actually got one FSOD since getting my router, but before that I never had one freeze/crash/disconnection to speak of (using a cable connection with DHCP).
Either way, it's gonna take a LOT more than a few bugs to destroy the fun of PSO. Hell, check out Anarchy Online- it was SWARMING with massive bugs in its early life, but the game has since enjoyed pretty decent success.
Of course, PSO is experiencing some bugs in what could probably be considered the middle or so of its lifespan (or something), but I'm confident that, like other online games, a few bugs aren't going to do a whole lot of harm in the long run.
Hell, it's not even like we can't GET online. Server downages have been pretty brief and minimal for this version.

Things could be a lot, LOT worse. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blenjar
Jan 31, 2003, 06:43 AM
If you don't want to get any weird connection or fsod or dsod, go to altair or deneb, they got no one in them. Go to an empty ship, block, lobby. Then just pm friends.,

abrader
Jan 31, 2003, 10:58 AM
On 2003-01-30 15:56, dvs69 wrote:

I dont get this....

I use a BB connection...but my friend uses a modem, he has played allot, and never FSOD once.

I have FSOD a total of 3 times total on GC PSO. And yes once it happened offline!

Thats right I FSOD offline...... buzzing and all, so it has nothing to do with online, connections, etc.....