PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 What I hope to see

myau1
Mar 1, 2001, 08:13 PM
Here is what I want to see in PSO 2. What do you all think?

Actually all these techincal issues take a back seat to a story, and ending, and all the other things that made other Phantasy Star games great. I would like to see however a secure trading method introduced. I'm not at all concerened with cheaters because I dont play with em, so they dont affect me at all, so I think Sega should ditch this serial and password crap, and just let us save our games the way we did in Phantasy Stars 1-4! We are suffering to much and people are still cheating so they should just toss that stuff out the window.

More defined classes. Androids should have the highest HP, Forces should be able to use high level magic that rivals the most powerful hand held weapon, and Hunters and Rangers should only be able to learn ceratain spells and only to certain levels. All the Characters seem to similar to me. In other words make true rewards and penalties for each class.

More classes! Where the hell are the Dezorians, and Motavians? How did all these Numan's get here? We'd probably know if there was a STORY with some plot development. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif PSO 2 needs an absolutly HUGE amount of different characters.

Travel to other places. Planets perhaps? I would also like to see you start your game according to the character and class you choose. For example, if you choose to be a Dezorian, you should start your game on Dezoris and so on. Put some of the mystery and suprise back into the series. PSO has no suprise and is based on finding rare items. I love those items but they should play a supporting role and should not be the main objective of the game.

More variety of enimies. Call it a rush to get the game out on time, call it lazy, call it whatever you want, but there is no excuse for so many enimies to be so similar with any of the current consoles out on the market today, to many Shark looking creatures. I love Hildebears though! Lets get all of the PS favorites back into the mix here.

More than one disc! Why was PSO only one disc!!!!!!!!!!??????? ARG! So many people are complaining about how short the game was and that there were only 4 levels! If 3D worlds take up that much space, make the game multiple discs! There is no excuse for only 4 levels!

Ditch the difficulty thing! Make the game Extrememly long and put enough substance into PSO 2 that there is no need to play the SAME game 3 TIMES with the SAME result! There's got to be more reason to play the game other than to hack and slash all day and to find rare items!

Make Dark Falz LOOK like Dark Falz if your going to include him.

Raise the max level of characters! If the game where long enough, it would be great to be able to keep getting stronger and stronger. If there is a level limit, then there should be a REASON to want to become that level other than to say you did it. I am level 100 HUmar and I still get toasted by Falz half the time offline!

BBA support! Although I live where there is no BB avaliable.........YET, it was a mistake for Sega to say that the game does not require BBA support! The lag I encounter online is atrocious! Getting disconnected is another BIG hassle many of us face! There is no reason that this game or PSO 2 should not support the BBA! Dial up is crap no buts about it.

Better Servers. There are too many server issues and I see it drive people away from playing all the time.

A better offline mode. Give us a TRUE RPG with PSO 2! PSO is an Adventure game NOT an RPG! An RPG has a plot, deep story, and the like. More than 4 players in a party would be a welcome addtion for PSO 2.

Offline Mulitplayer! Wether it be connecting via modem to modem or what ever, there needs to be a way to play with your buds offline! As much fun as it is to play online, it would still be more fun (for me) to call my buddies up and trash Falz together!

Speech! I've been playing PS and FF for 15 year now and we have the consoles that can handle it so why isnt it there. I've always wanted to here these characters voices!

More towns, ships, whatever. Pioneer 2 was very cool but I want ot visit other places and discover things. This was a huge disappointment in PSO so I hope it's fixed in PSO 2.

Well I'm sure I left out a ton of stuff I wanted to write about but thats it for now.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: myau1 on 2001-03-01 17:18 ]</font>

MilkManX
Mar 1, 2001, 10:23 PM
I agree but this level of detail will absolutly need HardDrive...so Xbox? or PC. I would embrace either with open arms. Especially with nVidias GeForce3 in the Xbox..oh the colors and details.. Doom3 looks great.

ninvampire
Mar 2, 2001, 01:53 AM
Good ideas ... I will add some elaborations that you've included in your post to the list (www.nevikdreams.com/PSO2 (http://www.nevikdreams.com/PSO2))

I also noticed that you're a web developer. What company do you work for? Currently I'm working as the sr.lead web designer/developer at a company called Nextron. And how is your company faring the shaky industry right now? =)

Socrates
Mar 2, 2001, 02:28 AM
" PSO 2 needs an absolutly HUGE amount of different characters. "

You know what else would be neat? Changes to your character's appearance as he gains in levels. Right now, a 1st-lvl Force looks exactly like a 100th-lvl Force (barring any equipped weapons and Mag). I'd like to see the higher-level character with more elaborate costumes, gear, whatever.

And more skins/color combinations.