PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 A few questions (PMs, missions, bullets, classes)

Rigsta
Aug 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hey. I just picked up AotI for five quid (yay sales) and logged in for the first time in a while. I happened to start on the last day of MAG which kinda sucks, but nvm.

I have a few questions.

As a Fortegunner, which of the PM430s is best for solo help? I checked them out but can't decide between the 432 and the 434. It sure would be nice to have a healbot with a gun. Incidentally, I just found out that fireworks cost 50 meseta, stack to 30, and give +14 ranged.

#1.1
While we're on the subject, are PMs still as thick as two short Plancks? Are some smarter than others? I remember watching one rifle-wielding PM just standing doing nothing while its owner was firing away...

What missions do people party up for nowadays? I'm on the PC/PS2 servers so finding the hot spots is important.

#2.1
Failing that, any suggestions for good solo missions? I'm level 42.

Which bullets are considered essential or useful? I'm levelling shotguns atm starting with the thunder bullet (lv18 ). <3 mass paralyze.

#3.1
Are crossbows a good idea?

#3.2
Are lasers any good?

#3.3
Bit of a basic question, does anyone have a link to elemental weaknesses? So far I've just been equipping bullets for status effects ^^;
EDIT: Nvm, found them.

I've seen people talking about master classes. Anyone got a link to info about them? Preferably English :)

Tetsaru
Aug 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
#1 - As far as the 43X models go, if you want one with good healing, I'd go with the 432. However, you could feed it an EX device to convert into a different type without altering your synthing stats. Imo, the 454 model works pretty well for support, though I don't use my PM's much unless I'm soloing.

#1.1 - Some of the newer models, like the 480 butler, seem a bit smarter to me, but most of them are still pretty stupid, I'm afraid. =/

#2 - Guardian's Boost Road is up for Neudaiz atm. Check for some parties at White Beast and some of the other missions.

#2.1 - That depends... I normally only solo when I'm trying to hunt for items. If you're trying to level up, I'd suggest finding parties.

#3 - If you're going Fortegunner, I'd just go ahead and get all the elemental ones, save for grenades (in which case, I'd go with ice, or get Boma Duranga later on). For PA Fragment bullets, I'd get Killer Shot, Boma Duranga, and maybe Yak Zagenga. Most of the others aren't that useful.

#3.1 - They are if you get your bullets to Lv21+ with them.

#3.2 - They're a bit situational imo, but they can rack up lots of damage if you use them in narrow areas when enemies are packed close behind each other. Again, leveling up your bullet PA's will help significantly.

#4 - Psupedia.com, as well as this forum, should have plenty of information to look up concerning the upcoming master classes. If you search around a bit, you should be able to find info on your other questions as well.

Hope you enjoy the game. :3

Rigsta
Aug 23, 2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks alot :D

Hrith
Aug 23, 2008, 10:50 PM
#1 You need to learn English.
You do have to keep a 43X PM, you can change to any series, and retain your synthesis rates. After getting a bit of B St (by finishing missions with your PM in the team), you will be able to use EX devices (sold in Clyez).
The most powerful/aggressive PMs are GH 443 and GH 424.
GH 480 is not bad, if you don't mind the ugliness of it.
The best healer, should you prefer to have a healing bot, is GH 454.

#1.1 NPC AI has gotten a lot better since earlier days, some NPCs, including PMs, are actually helpful.

#2 ugh...

#2.1 Awoken Serpent, Scarred Planet/Lightning Beasts, Sakura Blast, etc.

#3 If you're going to play Fortegunner, you will need at least three shotgun elements, three crossbow elements, three laser elements, two grenade elements, and all six rifle elements.
Killer Shot is also a must-have. Yak Zagenga is really nice to have, but not mandatory. Boma Duranga is not really worth it, unless you also play Protranser.
If you're going to be a Gunmaster, you may need all elements for shotgun and laser.

#3.1 Very.

#3.2 Even more. Lasers have the potential to outdamage any other weapon in the game, and it's really easy for them to outdamage all other guns. I don't want to offend the other person who replied, but people who say lasers are situational are either not good at using lasers or simply don't use them much at all.
Lasers are more powerful than shotguns as long as you have three targets; most spawns in this game have at least three monsters = most situational weapon ever.
It's really not hard to line up targets either, the width of the laser is more than one would think, but there's as many ways to do that as there are Fortegunners, so find your own =P

#4 Master classes can only use S weapons and S shields (no A, B, C ones), but can use any unit.
Master classes get a speed boost when attacking, but their attacks consume a lot more PP.
Master classes have typically slightly lower stats than Forte classes.
They have shit for STA, get resist units or a De Colte Line.

Fighmaster can use spears, axes, swords and double sabers with Lv50 skills.
The requirement for changing classes is Fortefighter (10) and Fighgunner (10).

Gunmaster can use laser cannons, twin handguns, rifles and shotguns with Lv50 bullets.
The requirement for changing classes is Fortegunner (10) and Guntecher (10).

Masterforce can use rods, wands and TCSMs with Lv50 attack technics and Lv10 support technics.
The requirement for changing classes is Fortetecher (10) and Wartecher (10).

Tetsaru
Aug 24, 2008, 03:08 AM
I don't want to offend the other person who replied, but people who say lasers are situational are either not good at using lasers or simply don't use them much at all.
Lasers are more powerful than shotguns as long as you have three targets; most spawns in this game have at least three monsters = most situational weapon ever.

It's really not hard to line up targets either, the width of the laser is more than one would think, but there's as many ways to do that as there are Fortegunners, so find your own =P

You're right, I don't use lasers that much. I dunno, I just always had some difficulty aligning enemies in range, especially the fast ones... often times they'd run out of the way to aggro someone else before I could hit them, so I usually just take em out one by one with point blank shotgun blasts, or use a Lv31+ rifle at sniping distance to spray down the playing field and immobilize the enemies while the melee people wail on them. I know you could use Chamga to hold aggro, but that could take a while to stick as your targets continue to run around randomly, and you might as well just use an elemental bullet that your enemy was weak to in such a case. =/

Also, if your enemies were in a wide formation relative to your position, you'd have to move around to hit them effectively with a laser, again giving them the opportunity to adjust their formation beforehand. In such a case, I'd still use a shotgun, but at a medium distance, to do a "suppressing" shot until I can get close enough to do point blank shots. Sure, it doesn't do as much damage initially, but I find it a lot quicker to manipulate your enemies position, similar to using a Lv31+ rifle shot to flinch-lock a larger enemy so they can't move and apply status effects, even though they may have a bullet resistance. I use lasers every once in a while, usually in narrow areas or when enemies are hung up along a wall, but I usually stick with my shotgun because I find it a lot easier to aim. After all, strength doesn't matter if you can't hit anything... which is why I play as a Fortegunner in the first place. =P

I'm sure Hrith knows what he's talking about, but then again, we all play differently. Iirc correctly, he likes to use spears with Dus Majarra for bullet-resistant enemies; I prefer a crossbow + a saber with Rising Strike or a dagger with Hikai, or just plant a Burn or Virus G trap, and then flinch-lock the enemy with a rifle until they die. Some weapon choices are better than others performance-wise, but it all boils down to what you like best. :3

Rigsta
Aug 24, 2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks again for the replies. I appreciate the info, you can only get so much from databases/wikis. Character development in PSU is deeper than I thought.

By the way, quid is in the English dictionary :P It's the English equivalent of bucks.

Hrith
Aug 26, 2008, 07:26 AM
Also, if your enemies were in a wide formation relative to your position, you'd have to move around to hit them effectively with a laser, again giving them the opportunity to adjust their formation beforehand.Thing is, when you play a mission for a while, you know where monsters spawn, and anticipate the spawn to position yourself so lasers will be the best weapon to use, which is why I use lasers so much.

Anticipating is the key to using lasers, I suppose.

I'd use single daggers and sabers paired with crossbows if not for that Photon Charge "glitch" which only recharges 50% of your PP with one-handed weapons. When we do get that Photon Charge update JP got, I should be using one-handed melee weapons again. Rising Strike's first part + crossbow to death really owns.