PDA

View Full Version : Got to interview Sega's Jason Kuo

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 26, 2008, 12:13 PM
From my site Sega Role Playing (http://www.segaroleplaying.com/index.php?xnewsaction=fullnews&newsarch=082008&newsid=18)

Interesting snippet of the interview I want to point out:

Any word on releasing Scenarios II & III in English some day on a newer platform? The PSP or DS seem like they would make good candidates for the turn-based strategy gameplay.

- There has been a proposal to bring over all three Shining Force III games onto a new/current platform, but the high cost of localization among other things makes it, at least at this point, something we don't think is viable.

Kent
Aug 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe you should've brought up the idea of bringing Phantasy Star Online to the Xbox Live Arcade. :wacko:

...Or propose the idea of a Saturn/Dreamcast emulator for the 360. One can dream...

Ceresa
Aug 26, 2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, guess they're too busy accessorizing Sonic with retarded shit to remake and translate the greatest game/s the Saturn ever experienced.

Or maybe they actually think action/rpg Shining Force Neo Wind X Tears X Shit is a winning formula compared to tried and true tactical rpg with an excellent story spanning 3 games/points of view...

Useless company.

Saner
Aug 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
nice interview.

you could have asked why they haven't yet considered bringing Guardian Heroes on Xbox Live
Arcade and if it's in fact less costly to release Sega Saturn games on the digital market instead of packaging and porting it to a disc? :D

Kent
Aug 26, 2008, 04:09 PM
nice interview.

you could have asked why they haven't yet considered bringing Guardian Heroes on Xbox Live
Arcade and if it's in fact less costly to release Sega Saturn games on the digital market instead of packaging and porting it to a disc? :D

I'm pretty sure that putting Guardian Heroes on the Xbox Live Arcade would fall solely in the hands of Treasure, not Sega.

...Although, they should really put it on there, alongside Radiant Silvergun.

A lot of old Saturn games could easily become available through the Arcade - it's safe to say that, for the most part, they could each be compressed to comply with the 350MB size limitation... Especially being that a good few of them didn't even use that much up.

Obvious exceptions being things like... Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Toadthroat
Aug 26, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'm sure Microsoft would make an exception for a game like Panzer Dragoon Saga. They have for other games if I'm not mistaken.

Kent
Aug 26, 2008, 10:28 PM
They didn't really make an exception for anything... Certain games just lead to an overall size increase, though.

zandra117
Aug 30, 2008, 10:47 AM
We need PSO ep3 CARD Revolution on XBL Arcade!