PDA

View Full Version : Discrepancies in ATA in character guides

osbourne
Aug 27, 2008, 12:38 AM
I've noticed that for some of the character guides the ATA is listed 1 higher than what I have on my characters. I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread that verified if this was a weird error in the algorithm used or simply a rounding error.

Stupid question ahead: if a stat is maxed out by a mag/unit, then will it still add to the "true" base stat when you level up? I only ask because PSO acts funny, requiring me to unequip everything to fix stats sometimes.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 27, 2008, 12:41 AM
I think this would be more of a Site Related question. But uh, I can't really help you, I have no idea how that happened.

Splash
Aug 27, 2008, 01:24 AM
I don't believe it is an error. The ATA stats listed are the base stats at that level. That is, nothing can be equipped, none mags or units or any other influential items.

Once a stat is maxed, the stat for the level still grows, but it won't add to the total. Using HUmar's 200 max ATA as an example, if you have achieve 200 ATA before Lv200, you still can get ATA as you level up, but it won't increase the 200 that you have.

metatime
Sep 17, 2008, 03:35 AM
Each level will randomly give you an ata amount. Once you hit a # divisible by 5, it should the match the ata amount in the guide. In the end the ata amount will always end up as what the guide said as long as it is right.

So either the guide is wrong or you miscalculated.

osbourne
Oct 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm definitely 1 ATA lower than what's listed. I hope the GC base stats for 200 are still right though... way too late to change material usage now.

I was searching the forums and found a thread that may actually account for this: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59240. Took quite a few searches to bring that up.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 1, 2008, 10:42 PM
Technically it isn't too late. It's just that the trick (Which I don't remember anymore) is fairly dangerous if you mess up. (Basically it gets you corrupted.)