PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beer

chaoskila
Aug 27, 2008, 04:05 PM
yummm beer its the best drink out there.
as a 15 year old i ahve had almost all the beers out there XDD
my top 3 are.
1. samuel jackson
2. miller light
3. heineken
yumm tell me yours.

CupOfCoffee
Aug 27, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm a fan of Blue Moon, and Corona isn't terrible. But I'm not a huge beer aficionado, either--would definitely like to try Guinness and a few others before busting out a top three.

chaoskila
Aug 27, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'm a fan of Blue Moon, and Corona isn't terrible. But I'm not a huge beer aficionado, either--would definitely like to try Guinness and a few others before busting out a top three.

did you know if you put corona in the freezer for like 1hr then take it out it will still be a liquid but then if you knock the glass against the counter it feeze instantly? look it up on youtube lol

Feelmirath
Aug 27, 2008, 04:26 PM
I quite like either San Miguel or What The Fox's Hat.

...Not that I drink, of course :wacko:

Monochrome
Aug 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
1. Guinness
2. Bud Light
3. Newcastle

thematesV2
Aug 27, 2008, 04:39 PM
wtf dude? bud light rates over newcastle?
wow...

anyhow,

Rogue: santa's private reserve
Newcastle
Harp Lager

Retehi
Aug 27, 2008, 04:47 PM
Guinness.

RufuSwho
Aug 27, 2008, 04:48 PM
blue moon
oatmeal stout

best is mead though, fermented honey ftw!

amtalx
Aug 27, 2008, 04:51 PM
Warsteiner.

Beer on a budget: Yeungling.

Dangerous55
Aug 27, 2008, 04:59 PM

LOLZ

No you haven't, and nobody respects a 15 year old who drinks. Nobody. Not even me, and I drink a good bit.

But, for the love of beer, here ya go.

1. Yuengling Lager
2. Scarlett Lady Pale Ale
3. Yuengling Lord Chesterfield
4. Yuengling Porter
5. Yuengling Black and Tan
6. Newcastle Brown Ale
7. Sam Adams Boston Lager
8. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale
9. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
10. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat for the memory

RufuSwho
Aug 27, 2008, 05:05 PM
ew, not the pumkin ale! ;)

the regular blue moon

also, argree: the OP get no props for underage drinking, albiet just a tad more fun than drinking at the legal age

Nitro Vordex
Aug 27, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'll tell you in a few years. ;)

Monochrome
Aug 27, 2008, 05:43 PM
wtf dude? bud light rates over newcastle?
wow...

I love Newcastle, but If I drink more than 1 1/2 bottles of it I start to gag on it. Bud Light I can drink all day, as long as it is ICE COLD. I swear if it drops like 5 degrees it's gone.

Sinue_v2
Aug 27, 2008, 05:50 PM
Sorry kid, but if Miller Light and Heineken are in your top three, then you haven't even come close to trying all the beer out there. I wouldn't even classify Miller Light as beer.

Top 5:
Arrogant Bastard Ale (Stone Brewing Co.)
Ruination IPA (Stone Brewing Co.)
Goose Island IPA (Goose Island Brewing)
Oak Aged Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout (Three Floyds Brewing Co.)
Edmund Fitzgerald Porter (Great Lakes Brewing Co.)

Also, special mention:

Burbon County Stout (Goost Island) - This is the most complex beer you'll ever taste. Period. Holy shit, you don't even know. They would be wasted on your pallet. This is the kind of beer you sit back and sip lightly while smoking a cigar to keep the flavor from overpowering the stogie.

Blackout Stout (Great Lakes Brewing)

Framboise Lambic (Lindemans) - More of a barley wine, very sweet, acidic, and fruity. If Smuckers Jelly made a beer, this would be it.

Aprihop (Dogfish Head Brewing Co.) - A very good Apricot Beer.

120/60 Minute IPA (Dogfish Head Brewing Co.) - Very sweet and powerful. The 60 minute is deliciously pallatable, but I don't care for the 120 minute. With the 120 minute, you don't get the full range of complex flavor until you burp it.

Breakfast Stout (Founders Brewing Co.) - An excellent stout with hints of oatmeal, chocolate, coffee.

Smithwick, Guiness, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, BlueMoon, and NewCastle all take up the rear. All very good beers that I support, but can't be listed among my favorites.

BlackRose
Aug 27, 2008, 09:11 PM
*cough*beer-snob*cough*...

My choices depend basically on what I'm doing:

-Leffe Blond (for just sitting and enjoying a beer)
-Mackeson Triple Stout (If I need a meal)
-Carlsberg (After a long day)
-Old Style (for online video gaming)

The best beer I've ever had was a Trappistes Rochefort 13, but I don't go out of my way for good (and expensive) beers.

PS: By the way kids, don't drink if you're underage. Makes you act stupid and then go to jail. Plus endangers your life and the other stupid kids around you.

PPS: On second thought, have one on me.

KodiaX987
Aug 27, 2008, 09:15 PM
Meet, the beer that puts an end to all beers:

http://web.mit.edu/~tcarlile/www/images/blog/037findumonde.jpg

With honorable mention to:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/15138.jpg

Pepper beer. PEPPER FUCKING BEER.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 27, 2008, 09:18 PM
Enjoy your stunted growth.

Tetsaru
Aug 28, 2008, 02:35 AM
Does Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple count...? Though I think that's a malt, I dunno... beer tastes disgusting to me, and I have yet to find another alcoholic beverage that I even somewhat like. Soda ftw. =P

chaoskila
Aug 28, 2008, 04:34 AM
Enjoy your stunted growth.

o i have and im still 5 feet >.> lol

Kent
Aug 28, 2008, 05:21 AM
http://www.citynet.co.jp/shop/images/041095l.jpg

The best kind.

chaoskila
Aug 28, 2008, 05:45 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL
root beer is good tho

Syl
Aug 28, 2008, 06:15 AM
I rarely drink, like ever. I really hate beer, mostly because a lot of it tastes like piss water :/

Liquor > Beer IMO

But yeah, I like three:

-Gulden Draak ale
-XX (It's better in Mexico ;o)
-Heineken

Kent
Aug 28, 2008, 06:42 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL
root beer is good tho
Well, needless to say, I don't drink alcohol for several reasons... But root beer is some good stuff (though there are some particularly distasteful kinds - such as Dad's and Mug).

Mysterious-G
Aug 28, 2008, 07:46 AM
Becks. Although with my 16 years... I do not have THAT much experience. But do not forget, in Germany I am allowed to drink with my age. :roll:
And Germany is the land of beer..! We have many people here drinking too much. >_>

Split
Aug 28, 2008, 09:40 AM
BUD LIGHT!
jk, coors

Solstis
Aug 28, 2008, 09:54 AM
I try various sorts of beers, but general lack the cash or desire to drink too much. I don't drink beer to get drunk, just like it with my food or as a light night-cap.

Pretty big fan of Sam Adam's Heffeweisen, Sierra Nevada's Port was pretty good (Sam Adams is fine, but lacks... authenticity?). I had a pretty tasty Cream Stout one time, but I don't remember what the name was (individual bottles, hipster/local grocery store).

I'm pretty much over Blue Moon.

Foster's can is my "I'm feeling cheap beer."

Haven't tried Yuengling yet, should get around to it. Bud Lite (the lime one) is surprisingly tolerable.

The next beer I buy will probably be Sierra Nevada.

EphekZ
Aug 28, 2008, 09:56 AM
BUD LIGHT!
jk, coors
I do prefer a coors over a bud.
I haven't had enough beer to actually say my favorite, since I usually just drink a coors or corona. However, liquor is more fun since beer doesn't get me drunk.
I just know I hate lager. It's a chore to drink.

Split
Aug 28, 2008, 10:40 AM
I do prefer a coors over a bud.
I haven't had enough beer to actually say my favorite, since I usually just drink a coors or corona. However, liquor is more fun since beer doesn't get me drunk.
I just know I hate lager. It's a chore to drink.Yeah bud light tastes like piss, and bud heavy ain't too good either, though it fills you right up. Coors is what I'd prefer when i drink beer, but I don't usually. I'm no expert, but I'd prefer vodka or some other hard liquor mixed with something. Last week my friend bought a handle of Smirnoff 100 proof for 30 bucks from this grubby puerto rican guy he works with and buys weed from. Me, him, and another kid mixed it with grapefruit juice and almost drank the whole thing down in his basement a few nights ago. Call me a loser but it was the time of my life lol...It burns on the way down, but it gets you piss drunk.

EphekZ
Aug 28, 2008, 12:53 PM
lmao. I prefer rum over vodka, but it's good regardless.

mll
Aug 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
I like Carlsberg, mainly because I've never gotten a dodgy pint of it, ever.
I like Moosehead alot too but nowhere really sells them.

And anyone who has bud light in their list of favourite beers must truly despise beer.

chaoskila
Aug 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
i wish i was in germeny...
even tho i just drink when i want ta =]
i only drink when im very very depressed umm like 2 a month.

Dangerous55
Aug 28, 2008, 02:11 PM
The best kind.

Only if you like being a diabetic.

Darkly
Aug 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
Carling for my Lager

probably hobgoblin for my ale:

http://creature-corner.com/nextraimages/hobgoblin_ale.jpg

White Midnight
Aug 28, 2008, 04:06 PM
I don't drink beer often, but Budweiser is my favorite, that and Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Corona isn't too bad, either.

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2008, 05:48 PM
favorite alcoholic beverage = Captain's Treasures

this is a shot of Captain Morgan's dropped into a tumbler of (Barq's) Root beer

because root beer and rum are both sugar cane products, you end up with a very tasty root beer shot that tastes nothing of alcohol

it helps if you have a sweet tooth like me :D

Nitro Vordex
Aug 28, 2008, 06:02 PM
http://www.citynet.co.jp/shop/images/041095l.jpg

The best kind.
If you had put that in a glass, you would have won this thread.

Kent
Aug 28, 2008, 10:06 PM
Only if you like being a diabetic.
Yes, because anyone who likes the taste of a soft drink, happens to be on the high road to diabetes.

Just like anyone who likes the taste of a beer is on the high road to alcoholism, right?

If you had put that in a glass, you would have won this thread.
It certainly is best in a glass, from a fountain. I plan on getting some of that when I graduate. :wacko:

Dangerous55
Aug 28, 2008, 10:16 PM
Yes, because anyone who likes the taste of a soft drink, happens to be on the high road to diabetes.

Just like anyone who likes the taste of a beer is on the high road to alcoholism, right?

Yeah. That is what I meant.

No, I find that many people who are anti-drinking tell me they drink soda. Soda is just as bad, if not worse, for you than a beer. Of course, anything in excess will harm you.

Kent
Aug 28, 2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah. That is what I meant.
Rhetoric is fun, isn't it?

Dangerous55
Aug 28, 2008, 10:45 PM
Rhetoric is fun, isn't it?

To professors, yes.

The point still stands.

Darkly
Aug 29, 2008, 02:12 AM
Gather round and choose yer poison!!

Fure_Rakune
Aug 31, 2008, 01:43 AM
Man I need to visit these forums more often, cant believe I missed a gem like this!
My favorite brews would be:

1. Shiner Bock - Always, ALWAYS, have at least a six pack in my fridge. Made in Shiner, Tx, best Texas beer. Period.

2. Dogfish Head IPA 90 Minute - Oh dear god if this wasn't an expensive beer I would have this tapped to my veins, 9%, very wonderful aroma and flavors are amazing.

3. Shiner Bock 98 Special - Belgian Ale - Another wonder from the brewery in Shiner Tx, a nice red ale.

4. Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor - Ok fine, so its not really a beer, but Ive always had a spot in my heart and a place in my belly for a 40 of this or hand grenades when available.

5. Miller High Life - My party beer, tolerable flavor compared to other's beers commonly found at social events - Natty Lite, Keystone Light (aka Ozarka Lite), or any other "Lite" beverage. Some of my best moments, and my worst, have been caused by the champagne of beers.

Dangerous55
Aug 31, 2008, 03:15 AM
Man I need to visit these forums more often, cant believe I missed a gem like this!
My favorite brews would be:

1. Shiner Bock - Always, ALWAYS, have at least a six pack in my fridge. Made in Shiner, Tx, best Texas beer. Period.

2. Dogfish Head IPA 90 Minute - Oh dear god if this wasn't an expensive beer I would have this tapped to my veins, 9%, very wonderful aroma and flavors are amazing.

3. Shiner Bock 98 Special - Belgian Ale - Another wonder from the brewery in Shiner Tx, a nice red ale.

4. Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor - Ok fine, so its not really a beer, but Ive always had a spot in my heart and a place in my belly for a 40 of this or hand grenades when available.

5. Miller High Life - My party beer, tolerable flavor compared to other's beers commonly found at social events - Natty Lite, Keystone Light (aka Ozarka Lite), or any other "Lite" beverage. Some of my best moments, and my worst, have been caused by the champagne of beers.

You have excellent taste.

At one point or another this summer my friends and I have enjoyed those beverages.

Kylie
Aug 31, 2008, 11:51 AM
15? :nono: That's not much to be proud of. I don't like beer, and I mostly drink light party ("girly" as some of my guy friends put it) drinks. Pina Coladas, banana daiquiris, etc. I also drink a lot of wine.

IcE_JutSu
Sep 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
When ur drunk it all taste the same... so i really dont have a favorite... well if i had to pick i guess Coors light.

UnderscoreX
Sep 2, 2008, 11:41 AM
When ur drunk it all taste the same...
Not really. At all.

I'm not huge on beer much more of a spirits guy, so whatever generic brand people have at party's is fine - Pure Blonde, VB, Draught. I would rather spend quality time with my good friend Jack Daniels whenever I get the chance.

-Morgan-
Sep 3, 2008, 06:50 PM
1.shnitz
2.dark imperial

Mr. Hyde
Sep 6, 2008, 08:42 PM
First off, I'm with everyone in that the whole "I'm fifteen!" thing most definitely did NOT impress us.
I have a friend in Germany who says American beer is toiletwater compared to German stuff.
Any insights?

The only alchohol I think I've ever taken an interest in was Absinthe, which is pretty much illegal around here.

Solstis
Sep 6, 2008, 08:55 PM
From friends' accounts, Absinthe is overrated swill.

America produces a lot of good beers, but they tend to be German or English style. I suppose that if American beer is defined as entry-level Bud (and etc), then, yeah.

America wasn't known for wine quite a while back, but wine snobs eventually caved in.

amtalx
Sep 6, 2008, 09:11 PM
Good Absinthe is very difficult to come by, and even harder to make. I've had homemade types as well as store bought (you can bring it back from a foreign country if you're crafty), and its ranged from awesome to some of the worst tasting garbage I've ever put in my body.

Indica
Sep 6, 2008, 09:19 PM
Im not much of a beer drinker but Rolling Rock is my favorite

Spaten

Killian's Irish Red

http://joustthefacts.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/rock.jpg