PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone never been corrupted?

Hunter4life
Jan 30, 2003, 07:52 PM
There are so many corruption reports that i was just wondering. Has anyone never been corrupted? Thanks

Vantamiath
Jan 30, 2003, 07:54 PM
On 2003-01-30 16:52, Hunter4life wrote:
There are so many corruption reports that i was just wondering. Has anyone never been corrupted? Thanks

You successfully answered your own question.

LamerPanda
Jan 30, 2003, 07:55 PM
I've just gotten one FSOD, and all I lost is my meseta that wasn't in the check room.

Doesn't stop me from using a different memory card online now, though. x.o

Ghaleon
Jan 30, 2003, 08:15 PM
nope http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Palimak
Jan 30, 2003, 08:17 PM
I've never been corrupted because I've never been online.

I did technically have a corrupted file on Dreamcast at one point but it wasn't my own character. I didn't even own the game yet. I had a friend over who had his Exploder with him. I guess that was just a pretty bad day for cheating. He let me make a lvl 200 HUcast and play around for a bit to see what the game was like. When we next came back to him, the file was corrupted and so was his main character. Of course that didn't teach us anything though, considering that both of those characters were cheated beyond belief. So we went and tried cheating on my Armada file that I had put around 200 hours into. I got to see what it was like to be lvl 106 (max) for about 2 minutes...

Kanore
Jan 30, 2003, 08:29 PM
Nope... i'm not taking Online risks...

Piro
Jan 30, 2003, 08:31 PM
No corruptions! I had a close call yesterday though, joined a challenge game.. During the second save my game froze!! o.o;; Unplugging my cable/Soft reset/Reset button didn't work at all so I went for it, turned off the power and everything was still there =)

soulja2244
Jan 30, 2003, 08:34 PM
I've never been FSOD'd and/or corrupted. I've been online for over a week now.
Let's hope my luck continues...

Eden
Jan 30, 2003, 08:52 PM
I never have in my entire life, nor was I ever noled. My Hucast lived all the way up to level 120 in the dark days of DC v2 and thats when I quit

Kujin
Jan 30, 2003, 08:56 PM
everything is all squeaky clean here o.o

TeamPhalanx
Jan 30, 2003, 09:03 PM
On 2003-01-30 16:52, Hunter4life wrote:
There are so many corruption reports...

Okay, stop right there. To start, a lot of these "reports" are complete BS or because the user did something stupid.

Yes, there are people who have lost their character(s) and are without fault. Still, that number is quite small. At most you're looking at like 5% of people - The actual figure is probably closer to 1%. Going by the typical standards when it comes to failure, that's acceptable.

Celestial
Jan 30, 2003, 09:29 PM
Been going online since this double save thing started and havent got corrupted once...

only had 1 FSOD and that was cause when i joined a game the guy was lagging bad so it just stood there... all i did was pull out the eithernet cord and i was fine...

dj_dan
Jan 30, 2003, 09:47 PM
On 2003-01-30 17:52, Eden wrote:
I never have in my entire life, nor was I ever noled. My Hucast lived all the way up to level 120 in the dark days of DC v2 and thats when I quit

Replace "HUcast" with "FOmarl" and you pretty much have my history pegged.

thewiredknight
Jan 30, 2003, 09:52 PM
I used to be online a lot until recent but during that time I only got FSOD once and didn't lose anything. I've never gotten corruption or anything, my character is still clean.

KillerCC1101
Jan 30, 2003, 10:59 PM
i do the same thing Celestial i just pull my "ethernet cord" out (lol) then just press start and save and boom..all back to normal

Johan
Jan 30, 2003, 11:55 PM
I've *never* had FSOD on GameCube PSO, before or after double save. Not that I'm not nervous.

Polenicus
Jan 31, 2003, 12:15 AM
No corruption yet, despite my best efforts to induce a doublesave corrupt on my backup card.

JavaMoon
Jan 31, 2003, 12:34 AM
I've never had any files corrupted, luckily. I've been PKed twice, FSODed a handful of times, inventory reinitialized once and complete inventory wiped once.

All in all, I've been rather lucky. Any damages that I did experience I was able to recover without a whole heck of a lot of worry.

chopsticks44
Jan 31, 2003, 12:43 AM
my file and a couple other characters on the memory card was corrupted. we had over 3 character over level 60 one of them was mines the other two was my buddies. I also had the first taste of ultimate too. when acheiving level 80 i hadn't been playing ultimate much because some of my buds wanted to play and they hadn't quite reach 80. Ever since my character got corrupted i can't play ultimate anymore, oh how i missed it. I also had a maxed out 999999 mesetas and was holding about 60,000 mesetas on me, i also had couple of mag cells which i was hoping to use. Now i can't so i have to start over,I even had a davil's tail, and two god/arms, and one god/power. all i want to do now is destroy that GAMECUBE!!!!. made me so fustrated. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh yea it would help if anyone would like to give me any weapon. I would even take a varista. just give me your name and hopefully i'll see ya onlines.

Raist
Jan 31, 2003, 02:28 AM
On 2003-01-30 18:47, dj_dan wrote:

On 2003-01-30 17:52, Eden wrote:

Replace "HUcast" with "FOmarl" and you pretty much have my history pegged.

Ditto but with "RAmar"

Wewt
Jan 31, 2003, 04:43 AM
I've only had one, due to a hardware fault on my Dreamcast. My main controller port was acting up, and it randomly disconnected my controller. Of course, with my luck, it disconnects when I log on to the servers. Therefore I got character initialization.

elfin
Jan 31, 2003, 07:04 AM
Ok, so the statisic on this topic is as follows, though its a little vague.

For nine of the people here, nothing ever happened, neither on the DC or the GC (approx)

six of them has at least experienced an FSOD once.. Disturbing, if you ask me.

Two of them doesnt take online risks... Reasonable, according to me.

And finally, two has gotten corrupted. One on GC, and one on the DC....

As i said, its a vauge measurement, but still... If i counted this correctly, it leaves us with this.

Out of 19 accounted for

10.5% has gotten corrupted... (!)
31.5% has gotten FSOD
47.3% of the people has been lucky
10.5% dont take online risks

I think its kinda scary

Eum
Jan 31, 2003, 07:36 AM
I was corrupted. ^^;

Connected to a team, told me I was disconnected, and a message popped up saying my files were corrupt. Not a big deal, as I was only level 70, but I wouldn't recommend feeling "invincible" online. o_o; It's not safe to go back in the water.

And Phalanx, it's not as if you have any place to pass judgement on whether or not the "reports" are true. Annoying.

Abaddon
Jan 31, 2003, 07:59 AM
Ive never been corrupted because i dont go online.

the closest thing ive ever had was when i stored 4 characters onto one 800 block memory card (Dreamcast). the card worked fine for about a month before i lost all four pages (200 blocks each page) so yeah...at least i got to play around with most character classes and discovered where my proficiency lies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

IoriYagami_n8
Jan 31, 2003, 08:36 AM
I have had my share of FSODs but have never been corrupted, even back on DC I was never NOLed or corrupted. Though with this double save thing going around I have been avoiding Vega as much as possible. I was on with my RAcast the other night and FSODed when I entered a game, I FSODed before my character appeared, and before the second save, my data was left undamaged, thank god...had I been corrupted, I would have balled my eyes out crying like a little kid. To much work to throw it all out like that. Needless to say, I have never gotten FSODed on a block that has 80 or less people, and the only ship I've ever had FSOD problems with has been Vega. Altair is my home, with the occasional run by Antares.

UMMON
Jan 31, 2003, 11:16 AM
Been playing online since November, and still no corruption or FSOD. Better not happen either, just got my Summit Moon.

Eden
Jan 31, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-01-31 04:04, elfin wrote:
Ok, so the statisic on this topic is as follows, though its a little vague.

For nine of the people here, nothing ever happened, neither on the DC or the GC (approx)

six of them has at least experienced an FSOD once.. Disturbing, if you ask me.

Two of them doesnt take online risks... Reasonable, according to me.

And finally, two has gotten corrupted. One on GC, and one on the DC....

As i said, its a vauge measurement, but still... If i counted this correctly, it leaves us with this.

Out of 19 accounted for

10.5% has gotten corrupted... (!)
31.5% has gotten FSOD
47.3% of the people has been lucky
10.5% dont take online risks

I think its kinda scary

The amount of people you have counted isn't large enough to make an accurate %. 10.5% is small considering the few amount of people you actually surveyed

Loftgroover
Jan 31, 2003, 12:50 PM
ive been fsod`d about 5 or 6 times...everytime ive had to turn the power off to be able to reload. Not been corrupted tho and all ive lost is a couple of 9 star rares and my fluids. Now I always make sure I only carry 1 decent weapon at a time (equipped) because I dont fancy losing anything good.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 31, 2003, 01:02 PM
On 2003-01-31 04:04, elfin wrote:
Ok, so the statisic on this topic is as follows....

Any number you compile at this point is completely obsolete. For starters, I don't think many here keep an accurate track of the # of times they've been FSOD; I certainly don't. Also, you'd need at least 1000 people to even compile numbers.

Smash
Jan 31, 2003, 01:03 PM
I get fsod a lot when i go on ant. 8 but my mem. card had never been corrupted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

elfin
Feb 3, 2003, 04:21 AM
True Phalnax. Maybe not a 1000 people, but more than 19, i agree with that... But as i stated, its a vauge measurement... Though i do think everyone get the general idea... Its not as uncommon as we like it to be.