PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to 'get out of' FSOD-X? (corruption)

Kanore
Jan 30, 2003, 08:37 PM
If you get frozen on a save (i.e. the double save), is there a way to get out- like taking out your connection to your console?

Or is there no way to stop this deadly FSOD-X?

_Zero_
Jan 30, 2003, 10:38 PM
On 2003-01-30 17:37, ChibiWarrior wrote:
If you get frozen on a save (i.e. the double save), is there a way to get out- like taking out your connection to your console?

Or is there no way to stop this deadly FSOD-X?

Numerous people have said that taking out the connection works but it has never worked for me. I usually FSOD because I get disconnected. So if it's already disconnected there's really no point.

DJ_Monkey
Jan 30, 2003, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry, but once you get FSoD, you're screwed. Disconnecting the system won't work, because the system will only respond to the power being switched off, and nothing else during an FSoD. Have you ever tried to push the Reset button during an FSoD? It doesn't work. That's because the system is frozen(judging from my CS experience, it could be an infinite loop that caused the system to crash).

chopsticks44
Jan 31, 2003, 12:52 AM
I heard by Opening the lid of the Gc would work. not quite sure though.

DarkStalker
Jan 31, 2003, 01:17 AM
Some have rumored that you just need to load up your corrupted character into an offline game, quit and save and your game will be back to normal. I'm not sure if I believe this to be true or not, as I doubt that the game would allow you to load "corrupted data", online or not. I remembered the Dreamcast versions sure didn't.

Since I've never had a character corrupted, mainly because I'm not online yet, I can't verify the validity of the above.

Yurika
Jan 31, 2003, 10:24 AM
That offline load up thing I've read sometimes works if you have a second card with pso data that isn't corrupted, and you load up your corrupted characters through the second slot as temp characters, and save them back. I dunno if it works, and I dunno if anybody has tried this. I've been dodging the corruption bullets all week. ^_^

Annoy
Jan 31, 2003, 01:10 PM
Eh...I always kick it down the stairs a few time....No more FSOD...problem is...no more Gamecube either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif